Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review ::Dr Hauschka Cleansing Clay Mask--Best mask ever!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I am seriously blown away by this mask, even though there are already several reviews for this I had to do one too! Let me start out by saying that my pores have NEVER been this clean and tight (I wish I had found this years ago!). I noticed after the first use that my skin was unusually bright and glowy and so much more even, terms I dont throw around lightly, and it has gotten better with each use. I have very oily skin (thanks Mom!) and within 30 mins of washing my pores will fill back up with oil and look dark again, those of you with this problem know what I mean! Not so any more! This has thoroughly sucked all excess oil and debris from my huge open nose and cheek pores, vacuumed up stray blackheads and best of all GREATLY reduced my oil production for days afterwards, all leading to skin clear and normal enough that I feel comfortable leaving the house with no makeup. Now my pores are not invisible (they never will be) but they are significantly tighter. I also think that this mask is helping my JM work even better.

I know that some people experience purging with this product but my skin was already pretty decongested from E2 and JM, just a few reoccurring problem areas. Ive been naughty and used it 3 or 4 times a week but, haven't gotten any dryness or irritation. For those who are less oily but still congested once or twice a week should be fine.

For usage I just pour a little less than a table spoon into my palm and drip very warm water into it till I have reached my desired consistency, a medium to thickish paste. I try to do this after a warm shower so my pores are open. I let it dry and leave it on for 20 or so mins. Rinses off better and faster than any mask I have ever used. Its pricey but worth every last penny.

Bottom line is this is my HG mask for cleansing, I will never ever be without it! Highly, highly recommended!

Dr Hauschka Cleansing Clay Mask

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dr Hauschka Cleansing Clay Mask (90 g)
Dr Hauschka Cleansing Clay Mask (90 g)

The tightening action of the clay drying on your face pulls the impurities out of your pores.
Absorbs excess sebum and impurities.
Deep cleansing and disinfecting.

Replaced by {{17796}}.

tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Vonstella can you compare the Dr H mask to the Queen Helene? The QH gets incredible reviews on MUA, and of course you can't be its price. If Dr H does a better job, well what's money when it comes to skincare Wink TIA

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Let me just say I have used the Queen since I was about 14, Im now 26, Dr. H blows it out of the water...and then some. I would pay twice the price for it, its that good. And Im cheap! Wink

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I love the Dr H clay mask too - what a treat!! It is especially nice after using the steam bath...
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Do you mean the facial steam bath?

tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Sold Exclamation

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Great review. Am slightly tempted to try this mask out...but how does it compare to PSF's acne mud mask?

Thanks
yy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Again there is no comparison! I really like the PSF mask and used it for quite some time, and while its excellent for over-night spot treating, Dr. H surpasses it in total pore cleansing, oil control and pore refining.

gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:42 am      Reply with quote
i am sorry to tell you that both psf ance mud mask and DH clay mask do not work on me.
PSF ance mud mask is not doing the deep cleansing effect or cleaning up the ance.
DH clay mask is just a so so deep cleansing mask. I do not have amasing results. Sad
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:01 am      Reply with quote
I've been on the shelf about this......never ordered it....although it was on my wish list......thanks for the review

Regards

Kay
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply.
Whilst I am in need of a deep cleansing mask, I've had no amazing results from using Dr Hauschka so I'm gonna put this in my "maybe list"!

yy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I might try this in the summer mos, but I just realized my pores are virtually empty with IFP bha/aha and Green Cream. Plus with winter coming to Chicaga, I need hydrating masks.

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
I might try this in the summer mos, but I just realized my pores are virtually empty with IFP bha/aha and Green Cream. Plus with winter coming to Chicaga, I need hydrating masks.

Haha, I understand. I happen to be in the most humid place ever--all year round practically. I need all the help I can get!

vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
Whilst I am in need of a deep cleansing mask, I've had no amazing results from using Dr Hauschka so I'm gonna put this in my "maybe list"!

yy

To be quite honest, I have never been especially thrilled with any other Dr. H product either. Go figure.

bugfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
love Dr. H clay mask too...
i have pretty sensitive skin, but i'm fine with it. my face just gets a little little red and dry. But I will follow a moisturizing mask after.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm, I really wanna try this yet...it seems too expensive for me right now.
But if I do see one on ebay thats going quite cheap, I will have to give it a try! BTW though, Dr H has refills for purchase, how is that different to the actual product, as it is cheaper?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
The refill is in a pouch that you pour into the ceramic jar the product originally comes in, that way you can just keep the jar and buy the refills = less waste!

P.S. For any one who would like to try this PM me and I will be happy to send a sample for one application.

Eyes_green
5% products discount

Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
The refill is in a pouch that you pour into the ceramic jar the product originally comes in, that way you can just keep the jar and buy the refills = less waste!

P.S. For any one who would like to try this PM me and I will be happy to send a sample for one application.
I wold be grateful if you could send a sample to me!
anorn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
That is interesting . Thanks for your review

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
This is also my favourite mask, in fact my staple. I have reordered so many of the refil satchets already and always have plenty in stock.

I have never tried another mask which was so deep drawing. I find that the day after using my skin is significantly less oily as once the mask dries you can see exactly where all the excess sebum is.

I used to have a lot of issues with dry skin and this mask would cause greater flakies and whatnot, but since that problem has been treated with hydration products I can leave the mask on for 20-30 minutes dry with excellent results.

I do find that if I am having bad skin days, this mask will definitely draw up deep pimples with 2-3 days.
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
miranets, I'm wondering, do you repeatedly wet it over the 30 minutes as they say to? Or do you just let it completely dry. It seems like a lot of people like to just let it dry as that seems to suck more gunk out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
I just pack a thick thick layer on and leave to dry completely, it usually dries within 10 minutes and after another 5 that is when all the sebum spots appear. My skin is accustomed to very drawing masks and I don't find wetting the mask to be of any benefit - probably very advisable for someone with sensitive/dry skin though. If I leave on any longer than 30 mins my skin gets slightly irritated, starts to itch and become uncomfortable.
bugfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I just read a few posts, all of which are about Dr. Hauschka. I find that I am really in love with this line. Love every product
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
Could i just buy the refills and put that in a random container i find at home? I'm curious about this product. I have quite dry skin but i only want to use this to get the blackhead and congestion out from the pores on my nose.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I dont see why not! I have a friend who has dry skin, she uses it 1-2 times a week, if she does it twice she only applies to her problem areas rather than the whole face, her skin is looking great.

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |