Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
55 and over Skin Care issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I am glad to read I am not the only one having more aging on my left side of my face. In addition to the driving, I know mine is from sleeping only on my left side all my life!
sammie
5% products discount

Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Younggrace, I bought one of those facial flex things after reading about it on this thread. It is easy enough to use. How long does it take to see anything?

I also hear that the left side might be more wrinkled because of the lymphatic drainage of the face is different on each side.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Check out Self magazine (Oct.) - "A cotton pillow doesn't allow skin to glide over its surface, That causes sleep lines and dents, says Dennis Gross, M.D., a derm in NYC. Over time, the repeated pressing can lead to permanent[b]creases. Upgrade to a silk or synthetic satin case."
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
sammie wrote:
Thanks Younggrace, I bought one of those facial flex things after reading about it on this thread. It is easy enough to use. How long does it take to see anything?

I also hear that the left side might be more wrinkled because of the lymphatic drainage of the face is different on each side.

After a month you should start seeing a sharper jawline. For the money you can't go wrong trying this device. I was a faithful user. For about 4 months I put it aside. My jawline started losing it's contours. After starting back I can see a change for the best after 3 weeks.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
sammie
5% products discount

Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Winnie,That is great news. I have been using it a week and I may be starting to see something, but I guess it is too early to tell.

I also wonder about products. I am reading about Alphaderma CE and Revox and TNS Recovery Complex, but confused as to which one to buy? Anyone know how to compare them? I need all the help I can get! Thank you.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:50 am      Reply with quote
True! My left side is more wrinkled than my right! I thought it was because I am left handed!! Wink
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Again in Self magazine (Oct) "Ride Shotgun sometimes. Always taking the wheel? Switch it up. Studies show that people who prefer to drive have increased aging on the left side of their face compared with the right, from uneven amounts of sun exposure. P.S.: Don't forget sunscreen!"
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Great, so I guess I am going to look like a lopsided freak...I am a driving fanatic and am on the road every week back and forth to Memphis. YIKES!!!

I truly never thought about it before. I guess, too, my left arm will age more than my right. Hmmm.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
sammie wrote:
Winnie,That is great news. I have been using it a week and I may be starting to see something, but I guess it is too early to tell.

I also wonder about products. I am reading about AlphaDerma CE and Revox and TNS Recovery Complex, but confused as to which one to buy? Anyone know how to compare them? I need all the help I can get! Thank you.

I am a JB, Alphaderma junkie. I love the line and have since I started posting here. It is no secret that I worked for JB for a very brief period of time. Obviously, I know longer am employed by JB but I recommend anyone with skin showing lack of elasticity to give it a try. Fortunately JB has sample sizes. Perhaps it is not for everyone but it took years off my face.

In saying that, I do use other products like CP's. I am also a believer in getting rid of those dead skin cells. Right now I am giving myself Lactic Acid peels once a week.

I have not used Revox and TNS Recovery Complex to date.

One more thing Laughing I used the Baby Q by AdvancThera for a year. I just started using the SP. All these products have my mature skin in the best shape it can be without surgery.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie - does AlphaDerma have a product for treatment of rosacea? I am just completing week 11 of Obagi - and am considering AlphaDerma or Jan Marini products. Do you have any experience with Jan Marini? I am leaning towards AlphaDerma as I also have sagging issues and your success story with Alphaderma is impressive. I am 59 and have few wrinkles but more than my share of sagging and rosacea. I have had great success with Obagi and my hyperpigmentation issues, will AlphaDerma prevent further hyperpigmentation?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I remember years ago going for professional peels at my doctor's office. When I told him that my left side was worse than my right, he asked me why I thought. I told him driving and also I always sleep on my left side. He looked at me as if I had lost my mind. Glad to read some "experts" are finally stating this is true. I would love to go back to that doctor now and show him the proof!
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have considerably more aging in the left eye area than the right and yesterday went and bought the satin pillow cases as I do sleep only on my left side. I also do all the driving, but have never worn sunscreen on my eye area as I did not believe it was safe to do so. Are there sunscreens that can be worn on the eye area? Would sunglasses also help? Cool
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
This is a wonderful thread for those of us who are at a certain age. In the rest of the forum when people make recommendations, I wonder about their age. I'm 59.

I did want to put in my 2 cents worth and say that aging isn't always tied with how well we have or haven't taken care of ourselves. I always looked young. Early on, I didn't like it and wanted to look like a grownup, but eventually it got to be fun. At age 40, I was mistaken for my son's date at a jazz festival, and around that time had to show my ID to prove I was over 21. And I was a little conceited about it, thought I would stay that way forever.

And I figured a lot of it had to do with my lifestyle. If you can point out anybody who eats healthier than I do, I would love to be friends with him or her. I've never been overweight, always exercised and drank lots of water; I don't smoke or drink alcohol or eat or drink sugar. My sweeteners are honey and stevia. I have studied nutrition for 30 years, so much so that my family is afraid to mention an ailment around me because I'll for sure have a list of vitamins for them, and I've taken every nutrient under the sun that my research has shown will help the cause. Lots of veggies, not a lot of meat, sunscreen, long sleeves etc., etc., etc.,

Well, imagine my dismay when about 10 years ago the bottom fell out, and everything went South! I'm still told I look young but not in the way it used to be. I'm well aware of my saggy chin, droopy eyelids, and flat skin. I'm really happy to have discovered this forum, and I'm hopeful that I can recover some of the ground I've lost with what I'm learning, but I did want to say that while taking care of ourselves is part of it, I think even more is heredity. I look like a slightly younger version of my mom who has smoked, worked outdoors a lot, never used sunscreens or eaten any special way over the course of a lifetime. The difference is, she is comfortable with it, and I'm not. Sad
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Good post catballou
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
stovetop wrote:
Winnie - does AlphaDerma have a product for treatment of rosacea? I am just completing week 11 of Obagi - and am considering AlphaDerma or Jan Marini products. Do you have any experience with Jan Marini? I am leaning towards AlphaDerma as I also have sagging issues and your success story with Alphaderma is impressive. I am 59 and have few wrinkles but more than my share of sagging and rosacea. I have had great success with Obagi and my hyperpigmentation issues, will AlphaDerma prevent further hyper-pigmentation?

AlphaDerma is very gentle (IMO). I don't think it will aggravate rosacea. I do advise using the sample size or travel kit to start. As far as hyper-pigmentation your best defense is a UBA/UVB protection of 30 to 50 on you face.

Recently I have been giving myself Lactic Acid Peels once a week. From what I hear Lactic Acid is excellent for mature skin and hyper-pigmentation.

Jan Marini makes excellent products. I used them many years ago and liked them. For my skin I care for JB products better.

Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Heheh Catballou, similar for me!!
I am a bit younger than you, but really identify with the rapid decline. I have just experienced it myself. I think it must be menopause. Those hormone changes must just be so powerful!
I got asked for ID till I was 36 etc. People still take me for younger, but I KNOW there have been serious changes: jowls, pores and so on. I am not really healthy like you, and I put a lot down to genes and dumb luck.
That is why I am on EDS, I suddenly realise what it is like to have scramble and work hard to rescue your looks.
I am fortunate I have a 13 year old daughter. She is gorgeous looking, so it makes it easier to pass over to the next generation and watch her blossom instead. Kind of like, I have had my turn and now its hers.
(having said that, I am still seriously looking into some dermafillers lol!)
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, sister sweets.

Hi, Julie. I left out that about 10 years ago, I had to have a hysterectomy, fought it tooth and nail, was convinced I could work my way out with healthy living, but it won out, and immediately my body began to change.

Scary stuff, a history of cancer in my mom's side of the family, just the women, so I've been ve-ry hesitant to do HRT, but currently I'm on bio-identical creams, very low estrogen with some progesterone and testosterone. (They tell me the testosterone is for muscle tone and strength.) But I expect women who are lucky enough to hang onto their ovaries their whole lives weather aging more gracefully.

Anywho, didn't mean to side-track the thread. I'm knee-deep in studying Copper Peptides on the Skin Biology site. Learning how to apply and combine with other serums, creams and oils sounds like rocket science. Has anyone else found using CPs confusing?
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Well I decided to try CPs recently and bought a bottle of 2nd generation stuff.
You will have read and been warned that you have to look very long term,perhaps a year, maybe looking worse before you look better. After a week I decided I was not prepared to keep looking worse for such a long period of time, and stopped used them. I am using Vit C instead.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
That's definitely a consideration. I think I could endure looking worse if there was a guarantee that at the end I'd look HOT!! Laughing
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Juliemarie wrote:
Well I decided to try CPs recently and bought a bottle of 2nd generation stuff.
You will have read and been warned that you have to look very long term,perhaps a year, maybe looking worse before you look better. After a week I decided I was not prepared to keep looking worse for such a long period of time, and stopped used them. I am using Vit C instead.

My journey to improving my aging skin is a joyride that is for sure! The only problem is that I am spending way more money than I had anticipated, as testing products that may work for one person do not seem to work for me.

I have been using samples of CPs for 3 months now. And, as each day went on, my skin seemed to look worse and worse, with more wrinkles showing around my eyes and my skin just generally looking BAD! I have done everything as advised. Started slowly. When things looked worse, I stopped for a while. etc. etc. And, yet things never got better. At 57, I really don't know if I can afford one whole year of looking awful in the hopes that maybe it would get better afterwards!

I recently purchase PSF Night Retinol (0.5%) and just after one use I see a difference, in the way that CPs did not! Whether retinol will be for me is still to be determined, but I will slowly integrate it into my routine and see what happens.

I've gained a few pounds over the last 2 years, and my fear in losing the weight is that it will make my skin visible aged and wrinkled (about 5 years ago I lost 30 lbs on WW and while my body looked trim and fit, even my mother commented that I looked tired and older!

As I indicated on another thread this morning, we are born with a set genetic code and it is the one factor that we cannot control, in spite of healthy living. Also, hanging onto our ovaries is important! My mother had a hysterectomy at 40 and in her 70's now she appears to be much more wrinkled and aged than her friends of the same age.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
H everyone - okay have been using the Facemate
and some LED's to plumpen the skin and get rid of fine lines. However, the wrinkles under may
eyes and crows feet are very stubborn. On ebay
I saw a new gadget called the wrinkle wand
for $49. It has microcurrent and some type of
light. Has anyone tried the wrinkle wand or
iLift for wrinkles around the eyes with any success?? Very frustrated with that part of the face - otherwise doing good for mid fifties! Thx DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx - What did the Facemate do for you and how long have you been using it? Also, what LED's have you been using?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
catballou - I use both Vitamin C (morning) and Super CP serum at night - Started with regular CP serum and worked my way up. I have been faithful for close to four months.

I am in Science and Healthcare and carefully reviewed evrything about CP's. I believe from the standpoint of long-term differences and skin health they are the way to go. YOu do need to start out carefully (mix CP serum with another agent - even water to get your skin used to it). Gradually you can work your way up to stronger formulas. I like the idea of using something that works for the long term goal of nice looking skin (as wellas short-term products too!)... If you go slow you will avoid the uglies - I never had that problem. I rarely miss of day of CP's and Vitamin C. I also take MSM powder, silica gel, and glutamine powder in a glass of OJ every morning. Along with 1000 mg vit C, hyaluronic acid and other vitamins.

My skin truthfully looks fantastic. I also have a dpl light unit that I got from NCNskincare - Nanci is wonderful and the price is reduced for a short while longer.

Don't give up. And don't forget the sunscreen.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, sister sweets. You're fast becoming one of my heroes on these boards. Thanks for being so helpful. I'm wondering how to schedule the C serum and CP serum, when I get them, around my nightly Renova. I'm pretty much devoted to Renova, and I could see a definite decline when I went off of it for a few months. What do you think? Alternate C serum and CP serum in the mornings?
Regards,
cat

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Catballou - what are the vitamins and supplements, and where to get them, do you recommend? Sistersweets it looks like you have some knowledge about this, too, so please feel free to chime in!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |