Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Vivier C + Kinetin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Well after being a Cellex-C/Skinceuticals girl I finally got round to trying the Vivier sample I got with my last order. It is sooo nice - much nicer colour/texture and seems to go further, also doesn't seem to dry my skin so it doesn't drink up quite so much of my B5 serum. I can see why everyone likes the Vivier range so much now. I hope the results are comparable to the Cellex and SC - if they are my next Vit C purchase will definitely be Vivier!!
Smile
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Vivier Kine-C Dual Action Skin Firming Serum (Vitamin-C 10% + Kinetin) (30 ml / 1 floz)
Vivier Kine-C Dual Action Skin Firming Serum (Vitamin-C 10% + Kinetin) (30 ml / 1 floz)

Vitamin-C is a potent anti-oxidant that helps to neutralize and eliminate the detrimental effects of free radicals. Vitamin-C also stimulates collagen formation topically, adding elasticity and strength that will make your skin feel smooth by filling out fine lines. Working in combination with Vitamin-C is Kinetin, a plant enzyme and one of Mother Nature’s most effective botanical growth factors. Kinetin is known to improve moisture retention while reducing the appearance of fine lines and smoothing skin texture with no irritation. As a result of this natural partnership, skin becomes softer, smoother and younger-looking. Within weeks, fine lines, wrinkles and age spots will diminish, giving your skin a more youthful look.

Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I had asked for some Vit C samples with my last order but I didnt get any Crying or Very sad I was hoping to put to bed all this talk about vit c and convince myself that I didnt need it. so for now, it will continue to rattle my brain Laughing
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
CSRx is very good as well!

They sent me free RelaX a Line with my order too! Smile Yyiippee!

Aga
Mabsy

Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia - I also prefer the Vivier texture to others I have tried. I have had the same effect from it as from the Skinceuticals and i hope it'll work for you just as well! Smile
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lucia - I recently moved over to the Vivier C range from Cellex C (reluctantly I must add - my curiosity got the better of me - I was hardcore Cellex C). I'm going to give it a another week or so before putting in a review - but in response to your concern re: whether or not the Vivier will compare favourably to the Cellex C and Skinceuticals; not only does the Vivier serum feel better on my skin but I actually think my skin might even look a little brighter!
Pudoodles Very Happy
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Which one of the Vivier serums are you talking about?
I haven't chosen a vit C yet. Too many choices are making me crazy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
The whole "C thing" is crazy-making, isn't it? I was paralyzed for the longest time! I had used cellex c for years with great results. Given all of the stability issues I was hearing about and the fact that I did notice a significant darkening of the Cellex C in a relatively short period of time - I decided to switch to Vivier, which I've heard is more stable than Cellex C and the other purely water-textured serums. I now use the Vivier 20 C Serum. I am loving it- it goes on like a dream - and no stinging - not even on the first application. In less than a week I think my skin has brightened...
Pudoodles Very Happy
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
Oh no I can't take this anymore, i've decided what should i get for my $50 gift!!!
I'll go for Vivier!! Very Happy
This is my first time to use Vit-C, so should i start with the serum10 first? or go for 20?
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Good choice Christine, I too love the vivier. I would suggest you start out with the 10% but it also depends a lot on your skins sensitivity. I started out using 20% without any problems but my skin is never sensitive.

Good Luck I know you will love the c serum.

Sherri
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you that use the Vivier Vit C- could you please tell me what base it is in? It is not listed on the EDS website.

Thanks
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lily, I have the box right here (Vivier Vitamin C IDS Serum 20). The ingredients listed are as follows: Ethoxydiglycol, Propylene glycol, Purified Water, L Ascorbic Acid USP, Grapefruit extract, Fragrance. It also says that it is oil free,alcohol free, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and recommended by physicians.
Hope this helps!
Pudoodles Smile
christine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much SherriinCanada, I can't wait to try it!
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Sad Looks like I can cross the Vivier off my I *need* list. It contains grapefruit extract - I don't think my skin can handle any more AHA... Sad

Can someone be so kind as to post the ingredients of the CSRx and the Cellex-C please?
Mabsy

Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:56 am      Reply with quote
rzecka wrote:
Sad Looks like I can cross the Vivier off my I *need* list. It contains grapefruit extract - I don't think my skin can handle any more AHA... Sad

Have you double checked that? I know that the site you posted said that it was full of AHAs but I would actually like to see more info on that and on how effective it is. Anyone know?
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, I've tried but my googling just isn't coming up with anything.

Brick wall

From this thread http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4729 I gather fruit acids are AHAs.

Is grapefruit extract a citric acid??

Can anyone help us out here Pray
Mabsy

Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:15 am      Reply with quote
What I'd like to know is if they're all equally effective. Also, some minute amount of grapefruit acid in a serum is not going to be equivalent to 10% AHA or even 1% AHA (I'm guessing). It would be nice if skincare companies provided more info... Confused
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Well this isn't gonna answer any of our questions, but I came across it in my hunt.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/20/earlyshow/living/beauty/main594555.shtml

Sorry, just realised I'm breaking the thread AGAIN Embarassed
Becky Bradshaw

Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I must say I am a total convert to this product. I used to use skinceuticals until they stopped EDS sending outside of North America (and have tried La Therapie also), but this is definitely the best . My skin is definitely brighter, more hydrated and clearer after using it for a short period of time.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I too love the Vivier C! It feels great and gives me that glow! Mabsy suggested it me when I first started this forum and I don't think I will ever be able to give it up!! Right now I am using the Vivier C + Kinetin but was thinking about trying the Vivier 20. However, I just ordered IS Clinical's Active Serum.....I would not use that and the Vivier would I? I am curious about IS so I thought I would give it a try and I figured I would just put my vivier on hold.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Shelley01,
You should use IS Clinical's Active Serum at night and use Vivier C-serum during the day. This way you get the best of two worlds.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Great idea Wild Cat!!! But now that means I have to go and buy more Vivier.....man this forum is hard on the wallet!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Shelley01 wrote:
I too love the Vivier C! It feels great and gives me that glow! Mabsy suggested it me when I first started this forum and I don't think I will ever be able to give it up!! Right now I am using the Vivier C + Kinetin but was thinking about trying the Vivier 20. However, I just ordered IS Clinical's Active Serum.....I would not use that and the Vivier would I? I am curious about IS so I thought I would give it a try and I figured I would just put my vivier on hold.

It has been almost a year now, which one did you like better?
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
rzecka wrote:

Can someone be so kind as to post the ingredients of the CSRx and the Cellex-C please?

CSRx

Ingredients:
Active Ingredients that Work™: L-Ascorbic Acid

Other Ingredients: Butylene Glycol stabilizing solution

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellular-skin-rx-c-firmin-p_4142.htm

Cellex-C

Primary Ingredients:
L-ascorbic acid, tyrosine, zinc, resveratrol, grape seed extract and L-ergothioneine.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellex-c-advanced-c-serum-p_347.htm
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Aga wrote:

Aga

I've been looking at the CSRx vit c serum for awhile and was wondering if it caused the stinging that Cellex-c causes. I got the Cellular Skin Rx Eye Bright Treatment Serum and love it. The price is right as well for both products.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
Aga wrote:

Aga

I've been looking at the CSRx vit c serum for awhile and was wondering if it caused the stinging that Cellex-c causes. I got the Cellular Skin Rx Eye Bright Treatment Serum and love it. The price is right as well for both products.

I have always believed that all Vit. C would sting and it also depends on the strenght and your sensitivity.

I too, am looking into CSRx Eye Bright but I am still not sure if it is for me because I don't have a problem with dark circles but with eye lid puffiness. Would you say that it is still safe for me to use? Could anyone get a side affect from using eye cream that is for dark circles but you do not have that problem?

I don't like to give negative reviews but I really was not happy with CSRx face scrub but I am giving it some time to see if I still like it. I only used it less then a week.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |