Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)
Don't have any result on Vic C! Should I continue to use it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I have using Vit C for a year, have tried cellular RX, PSF and SkinC, but i don't have any result, not even skin tone, did not help my pores, sometimes I feel Vit C has dry out my face! I am frustrated that should I continue to use Vit C? I use it because i read many post that this products are good for anti-aging. Anyone has same feeling as me? Coz I am considering to try vivier 20%, but i think it is quite expensive, So I seek for some recommendations please.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Some people never see visible results with topical C. Have you tried the Skinceuticals C, E, Ferulic? That helped lighten my freckles, but it took months. You may want to keep it in your routine in the morning before sunscreen just for its photo-protective ability.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Carforum - I understand your frustration completely, as way back when C serums first came on the market I tried most of the big names and didn’t really see much effect, so gave up and stopped using them. Then, after not using C serums for a few years, I tried the PSF 20% and REALLY liked it. Of course this product was discontinued not long after I discovered it... grrrr ...

I’m now using the new PSF C serum, the 15%, and am currently undecided whether I’ll continue with it. Have just finished the first bottle and starting on the second. As I think I mentioned in another thread, when using the old PSF 20% a couple of small areas of pigmentation more or less disappeared, but since using the new 15% they are more noticeable to me. Maybe it’s just my imagination, I don’t know, but I’m also thinking of giving up on C serums again ... sigh ...

I’ve been thinking of emailing PSF to ask if they still have any stock of the old 20%, but I know C serums don’t have a long shelf life so maybe that’s not a good idea.
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Some people never see visible results with topical C. Have you tried the Skinceuticals C, E, Ferulic? That helped lighten my freckles, but it took months. You may want to keep it in your routine in the morning before sunscreen just for its photo-protective ability.

I am quite disappointed that did not see any result! I have tried SkinCeuticals 15 and C+E also... there's also no result for me! Does Vit C also prevent wrinkle?? Because I find out my face start getting some fine lines, I am not sure my face is too dry (I have tried many product including HA serum, emu oil plus night cream) or I am become older 28. So very frustrated what product should I start to use to prevent fine lines!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
Carforum - I understand your frustration completely, as way back when C serums first came on the market I tried most of the big names and didn’t really see much effect, so gave up and stopped using them. Then, after not using C serums for a few years, I tried the PSF 20% and REALLY liked it. Of course this product was discontinued not long after I discovered it... grrrr ...

I’m now using the new PSF C serum, the 15%, and am currently undecided whether I’ll continue with it. Have just finished the first bottle and starting on the second. As I think I mentioned in another thread, when using the old PSF 20% a couple of small areas of pigmentation more or less disappeared, but since using the new 15% they are more noticeable to me. Maybe it’s just my imagination, I don’t know, but I’m also thinking of giving up on C serums again ... sigh ...

I’ve been thinking of emailing PSF to ask if they still have any stock of the old 20%, but I know C serums don’t have a long shelf life so maybe that’s not a good idea.

Hi appletini,
Is good that you have noticeable result on Vit C! Maybe 15% is too mild and 20% is good for you? I have tried PSF 15 too, but no result! If you got result for 20%, why don't you consider other brand which have 20%?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
carforum - Have you tried any 20% C serums? Like you, I have also been thinking of trying the Vivier 20%. But I’m more inclined to start a campaign to get PSF to bring back their old 20% serum. It’s much more reasonably priced than the Vivier, plus I’ve used it before and know I like it. Why are my favourite products always discontinued? Sad

I believe the guy from PSF sometimes posts here .. I think his name is Darren? Pretty please, I want my 20% serum back !!!
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
appletini,
I am deciding to try vivier C or not, since it is quite expensive compare to other brand. If PSF continue Vit C 20, I must tried it because it is cheaper than vivier!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
carforum, if your concerns are preventing fine lines/wrinkles, maybe you could add a Retinol product to your night regimen like Avene Retrinol or Avene Eluage. These are more gentle forms where you should not have too much flaking when starting them. You would only use that produt at night. I am not really sure about topical C preventing wrinkles, but again it is a good product just for its protective capabilities from the sun. It helps your sunscreen work better, and that is a major thing for preventing fine lines/wrinkles.
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:07 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl,
Hi, I have use (Avene Ystheal+ Face lotion) on my eye area and have very very great result! This is my favorite product! But it's weird that when I use on my face, I don't see any result yet!

Getting headache, I am searching old post to find the good products for me! Can anyone tell me how can i define my lines are dehydrated line or fine lines or anything else?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
carforum, I'm so excited to find someone else using Avene! does your ystheal tingle when you put it on? have you had any peeling? I understand that it is also retinaldehyde but at a lower concentration that diacneal. The diacneal tingles when I put it on my face, perhaps because it contains glycolic also. It is 1% retinaldehyde so perhaps it would give you greater results for your face as it is stronger than ystheal?

What do you mean by define your lines? Reduce your fine lines?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi laurabeth,
I have only use Ystheal+ and didn't try diacneal. But is that diacneal contain 1% retinaldehyde??? I am not sure, because I have read a thread that the highest percentage of retinaldehyde is 0.5 only! So if we decide to use higher percentage, it will go to Retin A for next level! I don't have any tingle feeling! I don't have any problem putting face lotion on my eye too! And I only peel once a month using PSF pumkin mask! However, I don't like peeling, because it makes my face too dry!!

For now I am using Ystheal+ and it's enough for me, I recommend 2 of my friends to use it, One say bravo but the other one say too dry! But I have tell her to put cream on top after Ystheal+! Anyway, I can't live without this product now! LOL

Actually when i don't touch my face, it's hard to see fine lines on my face! But my friend told me to use a finger to push my face upwards(not good in english) don't know how to express! Crying or Very sad hope you can understand!!! My fine lines are going out! And she ask me to do mask more and if not this lines will become wrinkles!

And when I use my finger to push upwards my face! IT'S HORRIBLE! look like I am 20years older of my age! So I am scared now to find good products!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I use Vivier vita C 20% and I really like it! I have tried others Vivier C+E, IS clinical, and Cellex C but Vivier 20% is the best. It sinks in fast, not sticky and didn't leave my skin dry and tight feeling. I tried the others and came back to this one. I put it on my hands too where I noticed the most changes as my face is quite even from my laser peel.
laurabeth
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:41 am      Reply with quote
carforum- yes the diacneal is really 1% retinaldehyde with 6% glycolic. I think it is the glycolic that tingles a bit. Since using this I've noticed the pores on my nose are really clean, with fewer blackheads- yuck! This may also be contributed to the salicylic I use in the morning. I do like the diacneal as it doesn't irritate my face like retin-a did.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
I use vivier 20%,I see result of its.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
I use Cellex-C High Potency serum and I love it.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |