Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

YOUNG HANDS
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
The biggest hand savers in my humble opinion are; rubber gloves for all cleaning + waterproof sunscreen daily. I also just moisturize my hands with whatever face serum or cream I'm putting on morning and night.

For those of you with an LED light or Derma Wand, it also helps to give the tops of your hands a quick going over also..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
This got me thinking, i never do anything special for my hands. I will pay more attention from now on cause my hands are a little bit wrinky already. But i wont be paranoid as much as i am with my face though.
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:16 am      Reply with quote
I think a shielding lotion like Skin MD Natural (http://www.skinmdnatural.com/) would help keep hands looking young
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Since I've been taking care of my face and neck for about a year, I've put the same things on my hands that went on my face, including sunscreen for the day. It's made my hands softer than they were.

The veins seem to recede from using a LightStim on the backs of my hands.

I also seem to be sprouting patches of little age spots since I started serious skincare. Although they're very pale, they weren't in evidence a year ago.
poolean
5% products discount

Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I never thinking to use something special on my hands, just use hand cream every time when I wash my hands.. humm.. seems like I should start to take good care of my "second face" now..
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
poolean wrote:
I never thinking to use something special on my hands, just use hand cream every time when I wash my hands.. humm.. seems like I should start to take good care of my "second face" now..

Laughing Thats a really clever way to say it ("second face") because I believe thats exactly what hands are like. If you have incredible skin and somone cant guess your age from your face, then usually all they have to do is look at your hands. We all just need to take care of our paws too, so that people can be genuinely confused!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
At night I put retin a or alpha hydroxy or retinol cream or olive oil on the backs of my hands,I kinda rotate products.I only do it at night because I wash my hands like 20 times a day during the day time.I have started to wear gloves when I drive to keep the sun off.The sun will give you those awful spots.
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Determined wrote:
Best thing I've ever done for my hands is Retin-A/moisturize at night - sunscreen/moisturize during day and weekly exfoliating scrubs followed by a moisturizer. Wrinkles are substantially lessened,brown spots are disappearing and skin overall is brighter. I use Retin-A Micro, any good scrub any good hand moisturizer. It took about 6 weeks to see a significant difference. Sorry, no before and after...

This is what I do, too. At night, Retin-A and a good thick cream. In the morning, Vitamin C serum, then sunscreen. I wish they looked better than they do, but they do look better than they did. Wink I keep thinking perseverance will prevail.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:46 am      Reply with quote
I havent actually tried these hand exercises yet, but I will do so... worth a try, methinks!

http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/Hand%20exercise.html

I notice with my own hands, that the veins are becoming more raised, and the skin more pink.

Dont Like It Sad
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Update. I have been using CP serum with emu oil in AM and Vita C and emu oil in PM. For the Vita C on my hands, I have been using all of the Vita C samples that I don't want to use on my face! Bonus! My hands are getting really smooth and even toned! I thing I will start using the sample of Obagi Clear on my hands as well. Idea
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Catski - that is a very interesting web site. Bugaboo, I think you're onto something with the Obagi idea. Keep us posted, thanks.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Catski, very interesting site and information!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:56 am      Reply with quote
An update ... I’ve been doing the cotton gloves overnight for a couple of months now and my hands definitely do look better, at least to my eye. Haven’t been using any product in particular, just grab and apply whatever is handy before putting on the gloves, usually rosehip, kukui or emu oil, sometimes burts bees coconut foot crème, have even used lucas pawpaw ointment a few times.

I’ve always had problems with dry cuticles and while they’re still far from perfect, much better than before. I’ll be putting on my gloves again tonight Smile
wen_goldfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
paraffin baths help to make look hands younger too
Mike
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Valmont's hand cream is the best hand cream I have ever used. It is very effective to fight the aging problem of hands
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Looking at my hands they totally give away my age if not add few years more. Sad I have closet full of products that I can not bring myself to throw out due to the combined cost. This is a great way to use up all those leftovers and the samples I never get to. If I dig deep enough I am pretty sure I have the cotton gloves to wear at night also!

You have all inspired me!!!

5% products discount

Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
L'Occitane Shea Hand Cream is my favorite. One in the office, one in my living room, one in the kitchen, one in my car.
Lyrics

Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:38 am      Reply with quote
I always use gloves when washing up (I even take my own gloves with me when staying over at someone else's house; otherwise there is absolutely no way on earth I will be touching ANY dirty dishes). I always, ALWAYS moisturize after washing my hands (which is often). I moisturize when more in winter, when my hands tend to feel drier. I have handcreams EVERYWHERE! You will ALWAYS find a handcream on me. People laugh at me, but the end result is that my hands look exactly the same as they did when I was a teenager, and I'm 30 now. I know some people have "old hands" (my sister is one of those), but I think moisturising still helps a lot and can do wonders.
I always look for creams that have glycerine in second place and dimethicone amongst the first few ingredients. I don't know why, but my hands love those two ingredients.
My all-time favourite handcream is Aveda Hand Relief. I haven't tried the expensive hand creams, though.
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Lyrics wrote:
I always use gloves when washing up (I even take my own gloves with me when staying over at someone else's house; otherwise there is absolutely no way on earth I will be touching ANY dirty dishes). I always, ALWAYS moisturize after washing my hands (which is often). I moisturize when more in winter, when my hands tend to feel drier. I have handcreams EVERYWHERE! You will ALWAYS find a handcream on me. People laugh at me, but the end result is that my hands look exactly the same as they did when I was a teenager, and I'm 30 now. I know some people have "old hands" (my sister is one of those), but I think moisturising still helps a lot and can do wonders.
I always look for creams that have glycerine in second place and dimethicone amongst the first few ingredients. I don't know why, but my hands love those two ingredients.
My all-time favourite handcream is Aveda Hand Relief. I haven't tried the expensive hand creams, though.
Thank you, Lyrics. Great advice!
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Warning: I like to get my hands into things when I am being creative (developing my own film, crafts, sculpture, pottery, etc.) and I don't like the feel of gloves. In particular, I spent a couple of years as a pro photojournalist back in the day (way before digital), and I developed my own black and white pics. I'd put my hands right in the chemicals (horrors!) to manipulate the photo paper. I am right-handed, so naturally that hand does most of the work. My right hand now looks 5-10 years older than my left hand. I'm one of those people whose hands look way older than my face. Learn from my mistake, and wear gloves.

Some day I will probably try out those laser/light/pulse treatments for my hands. My derm has these amazing pics that show hands that have been treated, and the before-and-afters are just incredible. Has anyone here tried anything like that?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Jeannine. I'm a gardner, brutal on hands! I had 2 intensive Fraxel treatments to my hands, results were minimal at best. What has worked best for me is a mix of Retin-A and Hydroquinone (equal parts mixed in my hand) applied nightly for several weeks. USE A SUNCREEN on the backs of hands & wrists and moisturize frequently. Wear gloves whenever possible. The Retin-A and Hydraquinone has nearly eliminated brown spots and some very ugly, deep "bracelet" lines. Skin on hands overall is smoother. I now use the Retin-A mixture about once a week for maintenance. Best of luck!
P.S. Sun exposure is very damaging to one's eyesight as well. It's recommended that we use uv protected sunglasses. Not just because of vanity but eye health as well.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Whats a paraffin bath? Do you do it to your whole body or just your hands? What are the benefits of doing one (Sorry its a new term to me and I am already excited by it!).

[quote="wen_goldfish"]paraffin baths help to make look hands younger too[/quote]
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:59 am      Reply with quote
For the hands, I do skin brushing all over my body but never forget to include both my palms and the back of hands. You can really see the blood flowing into the area after doing so, and it feels wonderful. I think there are supposed to be reflex points in the hands (similar to those in the feet) so someone was once telling me that you want to ensure you exfoliate your whole hand when you do exfoliation of any kind - and so I found that brushing was easy to do the job and felt good.

I have experimented with Retin A, but it seems to react differently on my hand with adverse reactions. I do apply sunscreen though!
sunscreenfordays
5% products discount

Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Sunscreen and frequent moisturizing. Of course, manual labor, handwashing and sun are probably the biggest aging culprits of a preventable nature. Use appropriate gloves or handgear whenever possible. And, I would keep a lotion with SPF on hand (pun intended) to apply whenever you wash your hands. Applying sunscreen in the morning doesn't help much if you wash it off before you get out of the house.
petu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
this is a good thread. i have had old looking hands even when i was a teenager ( really dry and rough). i will have to take some of these tips and see if i can change that.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |