Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dermalogica Shine Therapy Shampoo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
After reading Barbara's review of it and then trying a sample I decided to pick this up the other day in an emergency dash to the shops when my shampoo ran out Smile I was this " " close to reaching for Nioxin (summer's coming -> minty's good!) but I decided to hold off on that.

I really like this stuff, it smells good, lathers well, and leaves my hair nice and shiny. It also seems to leave it less frizzy than TiGi and not as flat as Pantene (the one shampoo that so many people love yet it does nothing for me; nothing good anyway!). I do have problems with certain shampoos *waves to Pantene and Sunsilk* because they actually GIVE me dandruff which is a problem I don't usually have. But no problems with this one so far.

I don't use the Dermalogica Conditioner with it as I still have heaps of my TiGi one left but I will probably look into getting it when it finishes. Hopefully I will actually plan it this time Smile

Ok, back to work for me Sad

Mabsy.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dermalogica Shine Theraphy Shampoo (237 ml / 8 oz)
Dermalogica Shine Theraphy Shampoo (237 ml / 8 oz)

Uniquely therapeutic daily-use shampoo that infuses hair with brilliant shine.

Replaced by {{19534}}.

thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I agree, that is a great shampoo. BTW, if you haven't tried Catwalk's oatmeal & honey treatment conditioner--it is awesome and smells divine! The shampoo is okay but the condioner rocks. I color or highlight my hair so much that this conditioner is like food for my hair.
Mabsy

Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip! I haven't tried it yet but I've read great stuff about it on MUA. That might be the one I will get next I reckon Smile

Ta Smile
asrai
5% products discount

Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I love my Kerastase.. it has done wonders for my hair Smile

I use the Bain Elasto Curl range and it is fantastic.

Pantene was useless in my hair, also.

-- Rachel
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad there's a thread on hair at the moment because I just had to share my colouring experience! :PVery Happy

A few days ago, I decided to try out a new salon as I needed a cut and colour for summer-- I have had a black colour with rasberry tones (L'oreal Richesse which I'm told is in between a semi and a permanant colour) in it before I went away for my trip to France. It faded back to my normal black/brown with the time spent in the sun and swimming so I was on the look-out for a new place to try. A friend told me that Asian hairdressers tend to give better cuts as they know Asian hair better-- :P matter of oppinion but anyhow OFF! I went to a Japanese salon called Planet here in Sydney... I was excited!!! :PVery Happy

After the toner had been put in and shampooed off, they mixed up this thick paste that was (No joke!!!) BABY-PSurprisedSurprised GREEN and smelt very herbal/ medicinal-- according to the Sensei who cut my hair it was a vegetable formular which "will give a lot of shine" Surprised (mind you, although his English was limited and there was a language barrier I don't know why but I instinctively trusted him- with 20 years experience behind him he was a MASTER!).....the green paste was methodically brushed on to all sections-- with me in wide-eyed (terror) and wonderment, you could say that I was a L--ITTLE apprehensive!! Then my head was Glad-wrapped and a steamer hairdryer was put over it to accelerate the colour for 20 minutes-- my ears were capped with plastic ear protectors and I was served Japanese green tea-- nice touch. Wink Most salons use hairdryers you sit under that blow heat and these sometimes burn the tips off my ears! Anyway.... once the goo was shampooded off and my hair was blow-dried I was left amazed by the new glossy tresses I was sporting! The new colour was a vibrant medium brown that threw red depending on the light I'm under but more noticeable was the condition of my hair-- more volumous and so shiny!!! Surprised I could still smell the medicinal smell in it even after 4 washes later but this didn't bother me that much-- I loved the great job!

Has anyone had this done before?? I wonder if it is a Japanese colouring method because it is unreal-- it was like my hair had an intense hair mask put on it-- and loved it! I can't wait till my next
visit except this time I'll know what I'm in for Haha! Very HappyVery Happy

Summertimegirl Wink
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:20 am      Reply with quote
That sounded incredible!!!!! I absolutely love getting my hair done. I haven't had the pleasure of what you described and I can't help but be entirely jealous of all the "European flair" I miss out on living in the States:(. My husband is holding his breath, he repeatedly tells me he knows that someday soon he is going to come home and find me off to BC visiting Magda!)Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy And you know what? Now he has to worry about my visiting summertime girl and her new hair salon!!!!Very HappySurprisedWink
Babs
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Great review Summertimegirl! I am so envious as I LOVE getting my hair done, and I am still on the search for the PERFECT hair salon that specializes in color. I've been growing out my once short and spiky hair for the past year now, and it's now just above my shoulders, dark with streaks of red highlights. I would love to find a hair "sensei" who can do wonders for me! Does the place you go to own any salons in the U.S. by any chance? :P
Mabsy

Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
WOW! I wonder where I can get this done in Brissy?! I want I want I want! Very Happy That sounds fabulous!

summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Girls, Wink

I called the salon to check what the paste they used on my hair was and the sensei there told me that it was "100% PLANT LEAF" powder, also that it was HENNA .... he explained that the powder was made in India and the way he prepared the paste was by mixing it with hot water but it can also be mixed with coffee or tea (Surprised!!). I wasn't able to get the brand out of him though, don't know if it was the language barrier or he didn't want to say!! Sad

Mabsy, if you find a salon in Brissy that uses this method it's so worth it, very nice results if you colour hair-- I can't believe it was henna!

Thoughtcrime, you must be getting so many compliments now that you're growing out your crop! Very Happy it's at a nice length too!! What brand of colour do the salons use when you have your hair coloured plus foils ?... Usually top salons in Sydney charge mega-bucks for cut and colour (astronomically speaking it's around $AU 280 and up depending on experience) but this place charged me only $AU125. I asked the sensei if other hairdressers use this method of colour in salons that he knew of but he didn't know-- I'm sure if you check around in the States you might be lucky to find one..... he only has a salon in Sydney unfortunately BUT if you and Babs ever decide to make a visit I'll be more than happy to join you guys! Very HappyWink

Summertimegirl xx
Mabsy

Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I found this through google (URL at the end of this post). It sounds similar, it also mentions adding tea and coffee.

I just had my hair coloured last week but I only got a semi-permanent 'coz I can't handle regrowth lines Smile When this washes out I'll look into findning a salon that does the neat Henna magic.

Is the Henna supposed to gradually fade (equivalent to a semi-permanent)? Sounds like that's what it's supposed to do given that it fades after a few weeks when applied to skin, but just thought I'd check with you Smile

http://www.chennaionline.com/style/Beautytrends/beautytips/henna.asp
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl, too bad there's not a Salon Planet in the U.S. I'd be on it like white on rice :P
But hopefully if all goes according to plan, I may be going to Australia this summer!! So I may get to check out this salon! But gees, I better save up big time since you said salons in Australia charge an arm and a leg! I've paid between $100-$150 U.S. $ for cut and highlight. I am still on the search for the perfect salon (sigh...). I usually look for salons that carry Schwartzkopf color or a European brand.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
p.s. I used to take the D.I.Y. approach to color and used the Special effects or Manic panic dyes (intense vibrant colors like reds, purples, blues...). I loved it and it was only U.S. $10 (the cost of the vegetable based dye), but my old bathroom hated it because when I was through--it looked like a nuclear war zone walls stained with blood red color! Surprised
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Girls! Wink

Mabsy, I think this henna colour is a semi-permanent dye and will gradually fade, I have noticed that the colour is a little less intense than it was when I first walked out the salon-- the shine is still there though!! Smile I can't stand the dreaded regrowth lines with permanent dyes either so I prefer semis-- this henna paste was very moisturising for my hair. Since I'm going away up the coast for Christmas holidays soon to catch bucket loads of sunshine and spending lots of time swimming, this will give me a chance to put the colour to the REAL TEST-- I'll be sunscreening my hair and wearing a hat but wonder if the seawater will alter the colour-- I'm expecting it to but will let you know. Wink

Thoughtcrime, that's fantastic that you might head this way for summer!! It will be a nice warm change of weather and pace for you-- Australia's a really relaxed and laid back country! Very Happy and I'll give you the details of this salon if you get to Sydney!! LOL I laughed when you described the aftermath of your D.I.Y colouring in the bathroom-- that's why my mum bought me my own detatchable hose for the laundry when I used to do my own hair!! haha!! :PVery Happy It seems like we have similar hair colouring tastes-- I've tried all variations of black, blackcurrent, purples and red hues too! Very Happy

PS. I've tried L'oreal, Redken and Wella hair colour in expensive salons-- I'm not sure with this henna technique whether you can have highlights (foils) put in at the same session, I will ask next time I go back.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:32 pm      Reply with quote

Quote:

I'm not sure with this henna technique whether you can have highlights (foils) put in at the same session, I will ask next time I go back.

Thanks. Also please let me know if the henna fades to an orangey or brassy color. That is my one pet peeve (brassy color) next to my roots showing Mad

Thanks summertimegirl! Wink
Mabsy

Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl - tee hee hee Smile I think I might just play it safe and wait for you to report back from your holidays Smile I'm sure it'll be fine though. Have a great time!

Thoughtcrime - great to hear you're planning to tour the land of Oz. Where are you planning on going?

Mabsy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I'll report back to you girls when I come back from my holiday--hopefully with good news! In the meantime take care everyone, I've got an early rise tomorrow and a 5-hour drive to look forward to.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! Hope everyone gets lots of nice things- can see some of us revisiting the Perfume thread! WinkVery Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2003 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy and Summertimegirl,
I'm haven't mapped out where I plan to go in Australia yet, but I'll definitely have to ask you two for recommendations of salons (salon planet!), and good places to hang out, dine and shop when I figure out the logistics. :P Thanks
Mabsy

Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime,

Salons and shopping aside I'm suggesting you go snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef (perhaps off Cairns or Airlie Beach) Very Happy

Mabsy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, sounds awesome, though I'm not the greatest swimmer Sad Although, I did go snorkeling once in shallow water Surprised in Hawaii, and saw beautiful fishes--loved it!
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by thoughtcrime

Also please let me know if the henna fades to an orangey or brassy color. That is my one pet peeve (brassy color) next to my roots showing Mad

Hi Thoughtcrime and Mabsy,
I thought I would get back to you on the henna colour thread since I've had a good chance to test out the colour after my holiday Wink....well, the colour has been through chlorine, sea water and lots of sun and has stayed true (and test it I did!!! I was in the pool every day and taking long walks on the beach with the late sun beating down on it). It hasn't changed to a horrible brassy, burnt looking orangey colour that I dreaded. I was worried that it would so armed myself with a water-proof gelee, shampoo and leave-in conditioner from the L'oreal Kerastase Soleil range just in case. So far so good, still in soft and shiny condition, this colour hasn't dried out my hair.

I found out some more info from another salon though-- if you have had henna colour it is best to wait 6-8 weeks if you plan on getting normal chemical colouring done, the reason being is that the vegetable dye and chemical colour will react and you may end up with an undesirable colour, ie. green hair??Surprised The advice was to leave it for as long as the henna colour has been removed.

I would go back to get this done again, although if I wasn't able to get foils which I like for summer I would switch back to chemical colouring. The good thing about henna is that it doesn't give that visible regrowth "line" that you can often get with permanant colour, even though I was told by the hairdresser I spoke to that she thought henna was a permanant colour. I had thought it was a semi-permanant. The vegetable dye is more nourishing for the hair compared to chemical colour, that is for sure. Cool

Thoughtcrime, I'm not a big swimmer either, I love floating on my back all day-- it's pretty awesome to have blue skies above and blue ocean below you. Now that I have goggles I can see everything underwater so I love checking out beautiful fishes as well-- Fiji was amazing but I must say I've always wanted to go snorkelling in the Great Barrier Reef as well!! When you know where you're headed let us know as I'm sure Mabs and I will have plenty of recommendations!Wink

Summertimegirl Wink
Mabsy

Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Great to hear Summertimegirl! Thanks for the update Smile

I actually saw Henna at Price Attack the other day Surprised Once my current colour fades I might be brave enough to try a DIY job Cool I was excited about this and I told my mum and she pretty much said "been there done that". Aparently she used Henna on her hair for years because it wasn't as damaging to hair as permanent hair colours are (courtesy of the ammonia I think). Though she also said something about it being permanent though conceded that it was a long time ago and she can't really remember if she had regrowth lines or if the colour just faded.

Mabsy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Mabsy,
It's been a month now since I've had the henna hair colour done, and just wanted to report back that there is no visible regrowth line, in fact I think the colour has faded out with normal washing (I know you are not suppose to, but I wash my hair every day). So two-thumbs up to henna, for it's moisturising, shine and condition it has kept my hair in check for summer.

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Does it work to dandruff hair?
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Loved the smell of this product but I wash everyday and that little bottle got pretty expensive for such a small amount. I have found a few shampoos lately that I love....didnt want to do a review bc I thought they would get booted.

Avalon Organics Ylang Ylang (adds great shine with mica and smells divine...lots of bounce to my hair)

Nourish (Trader Joes...smells awesome...cleans and makes shiny)
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:55 am      Reply with quote
smells nice and cleanses very well.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |