Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Orlane Oligo VIT-A-MIN Vitalizing Scrub
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Aloha everyone.

Two thumbs up for Orlane's Oligo Vitalizing Scrub. I would compare it to other brands if I could, but I can't because I've never been able to use a scrub before!

My skin is so sensitive, I can only sleep on satin sheets--even high quality sheets feel like sandpaper to me. And using a cotton ball on my face makes me look and feel as if I'd used steel wool!

Because I desperately needed exfoliation, I summoned the courage to try this Orlane scrub for sensitive skin. The result: No irritation whatsoever. Only wonderfully smooth, happy skin!

I've been using it twice a week for months, and I can't believe how good it feels to be rid of all those dead skin cells!!!
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Orlane B21 Oligo VIT-A-MIN Vitalizing Scrub (75 ml)
Orlane B21 Oligo VIT-A-MIN Vitalizing Scrub (75 ml)

Vitalizing Scrub for dry or sensitive skin types
This gentle exfoliant eliminates dead surface cells without damaging the skin. It contains Orlane's innovative Cellular Life Complex, which revitalizes and smoothes skin. Recommended for use with dry or sensitive skin. Smoothes and softens by exfoliating the skin gently. Instructions: Apply twice-weekly, lightly massaging the skin.

Mabsy

Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:07 am      Reply with quote
Sounds nice Alohagirl! I have two questions for you:

1) Does it feel minty to you? Very Happy
2) Have you tried Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads or the Phytomer Gommage Exfoliant?

I had to mention them 'coz I think they're fab and particularily the Phytomer should be suitable for sensitive skins.

Mabsy
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, it's not the least bit minty. Sad

I haven't tried the other scrubs you mentioned, and I'm not sure if I should. I enjoy trying new things, but I love the Orlane scrub so much, and given my past history, I'm kind of scared to try something else.

Still, my skin looks and feels so much better now. It's possible that Orlane has cured me of my hyper-sensitivity. (The satin sheets are still a must, though!) :P
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
The woman the Orlane counter last night, told me that the VIT-A-MIN line for sensitive skins is supposed to "toughen up" sensitive skins. She says that after a few months of using that line, then one can move on to other Orlane products. You and Leila have convinced me that I have to try this scrub Wink
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Lucky you. Sounds like your salesperson was knowledgeable. I've purchased Orlane at two different Neiman Marcus stores, and none of the saleswomen knew much about the line. Orlane has a gazillion products, and when I asked which ones would be best for me, one saleslady actually said, "Just buy the most expensive ones you can afford."Surprised
Mabsy

Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by alohagirl
Sorry, it's not the least bit minty. Sad

Bummer! Or actually, that might be a good thing Smile How many different scrubs does a girl need? .... On second thought, better not answer that question just in case I don't have enough :P

I fully agree with your 'stick to what works' attitude to your skin. I think that's your best bet if you have sensitive skin which, by the sounds of things, you do.

I am sure a lot of sensitive-skined people on this forum would love to know the entire skincare regime that transformed your skin. Wink
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:22 pm      Reply with quote

Quote:

Sounds like your salesperson was knowledgeable. I've purchased Orlane at two different Neiman Marcus stores, and none of the saleswomen knew much about the line. Orlane has a gazillion products, and when I asked which ones would be best for me, one saleslady actually said, "Just buy the most expensive ones you can afford."Surprised

WSurprisedW I can't believe she said! VERY LAME of her. Well I went to Saks last night and got Orlane samples and tonight I went to N.M. and got more Orlane samples--problem is the sales ladies each recommended DIFFERENT products for me to use! That's the trouble that I am having with Orlane--there are SO many products, I don't know what to choose! Surprised But it's also a good thing that they try to accommodate every type of skin out there. My main concern right now is enlarged pores on my cheek area and dehydration. Any suggestions?
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2003 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime--Of all the Orlane products I've tried, the best fix for dehydration was the Oligo Vit-A-Min light smoothing cream. I was discussing it with a knowledgeable friend today, and she pointed out that this cream is a moisturizer, whereas most of the other Orlane products are "treatments."

Unfortunately, Orlane's website doesn't give much information on usage. For example, should one use the products singly, or layer them. Treatment then moisturizer, or vice versa?

As for visible pores, I noticed that mine are much less visible when my skin is well-hydrated by the Smoothing Cream. Also, they completely disappeared after using the Oligo Vit-A-Min Vitalizing Mask. (Unfortunately, the effect was only temporary!)

I'll be posting a review on that Mask after I've had a chance to use it a few more times.

Alohagirl--Wink
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Mabsy

I am sure a lot of sensitive-skined people on this forum would love to know the entire skincare regime that transformed your skin. Wink

I'd be happy to. I'm kinda new here, so could you tell me where to post that kind of information?

Alohagirl Wink
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Alohagirl, you know after your awesome Orlane smoothing cream review, I really wanted to try it. But two Orlane sales ladies from 2 different counters told me that one wasn't appropriate for my skin type. Surprised One recommended the hydra-mattifying which turned out not to be mosturizing enough, and the other recommended the ultra-light day cream. I like the ingredients on the ultra light day cream, but I have yet to try it. I think I have a vitalizing mask coming in my order of the Orlane blue beauty pouch, so if it's in there I'll check it out! BTW that Orlane blue beauty pouch is the best deal! As for your question about the treatments line, I was told this by the Orlane sales manager:
"You can use the treatments for a short term as needed, then go back to your regular Orlane regimen."
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by thoughtcrime
I was told this by the Orlane sales manager:
"You can use the treatments for a short term as needed, then go back to your regular Orlane regimen."

I wish I could talk to that sales manager. I can't decide which products should become my "regular Orlane regimen." I love most of the products I've tried so far, and I've even gone so far as to use one product on the left side of my face, another on the right. After a few days, I see absolutely no difference. Both sides look and feel healthy and happy. I'm so confused!!!Sad

--Alohagirl
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I finished my tube of this and ordered another. I had a big surprise the first time I used the new one.

My face got all cold and tingly, and stayed that way after rinsing. I checked the box, and sure enough, halfway down the ingredient list is "Menthol."

At first I was afraid my sensitive skin would be very angry about this tingly sensation. But I've used it four times over two weeks with no reaction. Yaaaay! Very Happy
Mabsy

Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Hey Alohagirl,

Out with one lemming and in with the next! So it's minty huh? Sounds good to me, though I so don't need another exfoliator at the moment Smile But this gets put on the list (which is getting longer and longer - I need a bigger face to go through this stuff quicker LOL).

Any idea about the VIT-A-MIN cleanser and toner? There's a special on them at the moment and I'm kinda considering getting them Smile

Mabsy
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 17, 2004 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

I didn't care for the Oligo Cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling dry and tight. I prefer the Orlane Vivifying cleanser which isn't for sensitive skin, but I have no problem with it. (I could do without the strong scent, though.)

I haven't tried the Oligo Toner because I'm not big on toners in general. I like to keep my routine simple and just don't see the need for that extra step.

--Alohagirl:P
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Three days ago I posted a comment that my skin is not reacting to the new "minty" formulation of this scrub. Not so! I used the scrub again and my face threw a TEMPER TANTRUM!MadMadMad Just to be sure, I put a little on my neck and within hours had painful lumps there too!

This was my most favorite product of all. Why oh why did they have to change the formula and ruin it? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you shouldn't put "tingly" stuff in products for sensitive skin!!!!MadMad
Mabsy

Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Oh no! Sorry to hear that Alohagirl. Has your skin recovered?

So they have changed the formula of the scrub then? Hmmm.... I might try to get a sample of this with my next order and see how I go (my skin is not sensitive).

Mabsy

ps. Thanks for your comments on the toners/cleansers.
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy,

I think you'll love this scrub. Everything about it is the same except for the addition of menthol. As long as you don't have sensitive skin, it's the greatest thing. Sadly, I've become addicted to the way it leaves my skin smooth, polished and glowing for at least two days. Now what am I going to do? Any suggestions for a replacement?SadSadSad

And no, I haven't recovered yet. I've still got half a dozen raised lumps (very ugly, so I'm staying close to home!) Mad This isn't the first time my face tolerated something for two weeks and then said ENOUGH!

I'm going to try Thoughtcrime's remedy (Decleor Harmonie). By the way, where is Thoughtcrime these days--and the others? It seems our regulars have gone missing....Sad
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Alohagirl, I'm still here Wink
I'm sorry to hear that they changed the Orlane formula on you Mad
I hope your face goes back to normal soon. Smile
That's exactly how I felt about the Decleor Harmonie Essentielle moisturizer-- why did they have to discontinue it, why? The replacement is not the same and doesn't have UV protection. Try a sample in case it doesn't agree with you. When you put it on, wait a few minutes and you will notice redness disappearing, and your face looks calm. I love using this after a long plane ride.
Mabsy

Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by alohagirl
Any suggestions for a replacement?

Hey Alohagirl,

Sorry to hear your skin is still suffering. Decleor Harmonie sounds like the right way to go! I hope you let us know if it helped (and I hope it helps! Smile).

I will definitely try to get a sample of this scrub with my next order, though I so don't need any scrubs at the moment *sigh* Can't fight the inner beauty junkie though Smile

I suggest that you try PTR Buffing Beads. It's a really gentle scrub plus you get a huge bottle of it. It's great value! It's on the PTR pages under "cleansers and toners' (not sure why it's there and not under scrubs). Another one that (to me) seem gentle is the Phytomer Gommage Marin. This one is one of those exfoliators that you need to roll off your skin so it gets a bit messy though.

Hope your skin recovers quickly, make sure you have a relaxing weekend - that should help and if not then it certainly won't hurt :P

Mabsy
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime,
Good to hear from you:) I assumed some of you were taking a forum break, but maybe I just missed a bunch of posts. (I'm spending way too much time online, so I don't read every new thread like I used to.) Sad

You were right about the Decleor Harmonie line. I have a sample of the emulsion and started using it after this hideous reaction started. I noticed the redness diminished quite a bit, and it feels quite soothing.

Mabsy,
I really want to try the buffing beads now that you said they're "gentle." I know you've mentioned in a few posts that it's a favorite of yours, so it must be good!

Thanks, ladies!!!Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |