Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
my lips are in bad condition - plz help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
wannabepretty,
Let me know how it went Very Happy
wannabepretty
5% products discount

Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:18 am      Reply with quote
so I tried the honey on my lips last night. My honey was a little separated so before I warmed it up I took some of the crystallized part and rubbed it on my lips to exfoliate - warmed it up (maybe a little too much) and put the rest on for the evening. This morning my lips are definitely smoother but still a bit dry. Am going to try some fresh honey tonight and see if I get a little more moisturizing. Might also try exfoliating with the honey (which really worked well) and then a little olive oil for the evening. thanks for the tip!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I have had success with HA and B vitamins together with lips2kiss.com
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:31 am      Reply with quote
wannabepretty,
Yey
Esme
5% products discount

Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:45 am      Reply with quote
The Body Shop lipscuff is excellent for dry lips
nette
5% products discount

Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I had super dry, chapped lips for so many years I finally went to the dentist and got a cream- didn't work! I tried aquaphor, carmex, every damned balm known to man and finally decided I was just one of those people who would have to put lip stuff on every ten minutes. And that is the way I lived. For years.

When I bought Citylips, my only thought was for plumper lips. I am still amazed at this, but the Citylips cured my constant chapped lips. For some reason, Lipfusion doesn't do the same thing- they get dry again with that. I am so scared they(citylips) will go out of business because last time I was in Sephora, they didn't have it.

Anyway- somewhere in there, while you're trying stuff, give Citylips a try. Also, it took several days to work. And I put it on day and night, not just at night.
Good luck!
nette
wannabepretty
5% products discount

Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
was at Sephora today - oy! Rolling Eyes got Lorac eight-hour, long-wearing lip color wore it today without any trouble. Anyone else like Lorac? they said that Lorac is great for troubled lips.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Lips2kiss system is great! Just check out the threads on this product, I beleive it is at 73 pages worth of praise now.

5% products discount

Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:49 am      Reply with quote
last night I exfoliated with honey then put on a little olive oil - tada! I think it is the combination that works for me Very Happy and couldn't be a better price Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:07 am      Reply with quote
I use Shiseido which is pretty good.
cristaline
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:11 am      Reply with quote
I highly recommend a nice layer of Aquaphor at night.
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:00 am      Reply with quote
I agree with you Mabsy, I love Lucas Paw Paw ointment. As well as using it on lips, its great for everything else too (burns, bites, nappy rash, etc).Its the only lip balm that really soaks into my lips instead of just sitting on top of them. I thought that my Rosebud lip balm was my HG product until I tried this. Its so cheap too and you can buy a whole tub of it for around $15.
thirtyish
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I came here for advice for lips and found this thread. Thankfully, I haven't gotten to the point of blisters, but for years now my lips peel relentlessly. I have tried SOOOOOOO many things. My dermatologist only recommended Aquaphor which does NOTHING. The peeling is getting worse, and I am at my wits end. I was thinking of trying City Lips, but read that there is a new formulation and it does not have good reviews. I've tried oils and almost every balm imaginable. I will try the honey and olive oil. If there are any other potions to recommend, please do so. I am so sad about this problem.
nette
5% products discount

Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Oh no! I was just about to order more City lips, which was the only thing that helped my lips. Can you tell me what you've heard about the different formulation? I've been using tubes that were pretty old because it was from one of those big sale-package deals. I'd appreciate any info anyone has on recent City Lips purchases. It was my HG- I will be absolutely bummed if they've made it less effective for curing dry lips.

nette
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Skinceuticals Antioxidant Lip Repair or Fresh Sugar balm will help the dry skin peel off. Molton Brown Wonder Lips Booster or Kaplan MD lip treament will help lips get smoother and softer. Eminence Citrus Lip Balm is nice too, it contains salicyic acid that helps to peel off dry skin too, but it isn't very moisturizing.
maymay
5% products discount

Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I like this one Dr Hauschka Lip Care Stick and Kiel's lip stick
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
Honey is great for healing, if that doesn't work then try Kiehls or Blistex. Both work great and don't cost that much.
thirtyish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Nette, I'm sorry I don't remember which board I read it on, but in doing my research, I came across a couple people that posted how bummed they were that the formulation was changed. I believe they were using it for plumping, so I'm not sure if the new formulation (if indeed there is one) would lose the positive effects you were experiencing.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
thirtyish wrote:
I came here for advice for lips and found this thread. Thankfully, I haven't gotten to the point of blisters, but for years now my lips peel relentlessly. I have tried SOOOOOOO many things. My dermatologist only recommended Aquaphor which does NOTHING. The peeling is getting worse, and I am at my wits end. I was thinking of trying City Lips, but read that there is a new formulation and it does not have good reviews. I've tried oils and almost every balm imaginable. I will try the honey and olive oil. If there are any other potions to recommend, please do so. I am so sad about this problem.

I have this problem too. have you tried a week of intensive hydrocortisone? that will stop it for a few months for me. but don't do it longer than a week. 1% over the counter should work. I tried all the expensive junk including l2k and this works the best. I also like the julie hewitt camellia balm -- not super thick, but it does sink right in.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:16 am      Reply with quote
I agree with waffle.

When I was on Accutane - which dries out your skin (and lips) horribly - my dermatologist gave me Dr. Dan's Corti Balm, which is basically chapstick with 1% hydrocortisone. She did also tell me to rotate it with Aquaphor, to prevent overdoing the steroid, but the Cortibalm is what definitely did the trick. Seriously, as I recall, it just took about 2 days to turn my cracked lips into near perfection again.

Waffle's suggestion of buying straight up hydrocortisone cream is likely cheaper. But if you are looking for the convenience of a chapstick, you can get Dr. Dan's Cortibalm online, or (I would imagine) though your dermatologist.

5% products discount

Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:50 am      Reply with quote
For severely chapped lips, I use GoSmile Lip Balm with retinol, at night only. It sloughs off the dry skin the next morning. For cracked lips, I use good ole Polysporin and it's a miracle. Amazing.
Mike
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Nars is lip stick is good at moisturising. You may try it.
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:39 am      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
Lips2kiss system is great! Just check out the threads on this product, I beleive it is at 73 pages worth of praise now.

I second bugaboo's recommendation for Lips2Kiss. I've been using this product for a year now, and there is nothing else like it.

5% products discount

Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I also get extremely dry lips all year round. I still haven't been able to figure out why, but I have become quite a lipbalm expert because of this! I recommend trying:
Vichy's lip care for very dry lips
Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment
Claudie Lip balm
They are all amazing and really moisturize the lips.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I am using Dr.Hauschka lip cream and Shiseido lip conditioner, both are nice!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |