Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: ORLANE super-moisturizing concentrate
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have combo. skin, but right now with the freezing snow, the heater cranked up, and working in air-conditioning; my skin is so DEHYDRATED. Using this has been such a wonderful treatment and has really really helped with the dehydration. The description on the box even says, "intensive hydration treatment, ideal for dehydrated skin subjected to extreme climatic conditions." I've been using this day and night and my skin is just drinking it up like a plant. No greasiness, and I haven't noticed any flaky skin in the 2 days I've been using this sample. It's been sooo soothing. I will most likely purchase this when my sample is finished. I think this would be excellent for those with dry skins and a great treatment for those with dehydrated skin. I think this is a great winter moisturizer, but I think it would be too moisturizing in the summer if you don't have dry skin.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Orlane Super Moisturizing Concentrate (day & night) (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Orlane Super Moisturizing Concentrate (day & night) (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

This intensive formula works for 24 hours to moisturize and energize dehydrated skin. This lightweight, silky cream restores the skin’s optimal moisture balance, helping skin to regain its suppleness and radiance.

alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the Orlane review. They have so many products, I can't try them all. Unfortunately, they don't make samples of everything!Sad

I like it when you ladies post your opinions as to whether a product is good for winter vs. summer skincare. The winter ones are probably too rich for me, since it's summer all year round where I live. :P

--Alohagirl;)
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Orlane really has my attention. I was given a sample with an order and have used it several times as well as shared it with my daughter. I am very impressed with the amount needed to "do the job", fragrance (or lack off, I don't care for perfume smells)texture(it absorbs very quickly)and allows a nice base for my blush.
I have a comment about the first post in this thread; my spring/summer moisturzier is different from my fall/winter choice. Very Happy

Babs
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Babs,
If you don't care for perfume smells in your skincare products, I would suggest you sample an Orlane product first if you're interested in buying it. I've been surprised by some of them. For example, a couple of the ones from the Oligo Vit-A-Min line have a pretty strong smell--not offensive, just stronger than one would expect to find in a product made for sensitive skin.

I was also surprised to find fragrance in the last three eyecreams I tried. (2 by Orlane, 1 by Cellcosmet.) All the eyecreams I've used previously had no fragrance, so I'd assumed that was the norm, seeing as how close they are to the eyeball. Protecting it from vapors perhaps?

--Alohagirl;)
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Alhoagirl,

I use the cellcosmet line and I don't find it fragrant at all. It doesn't surprise me that the vitamin product was "smelly", I have found vitamin product that way. (Have you tried the Vit-a-min hair product from Bedhead? That is really nice shampoo.

Orlane would be my back up products, I am a die hard Cellcosmet lover. Maybe Orlane for summer? (Valmont for intensive care products.)

Babs
Mabsy

Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I used this cream for a while too before I gave it to my mum (she loves it and so does her skin). I've got normal to combo skin and I used it for a few weeks when we were heading into summer. It was WAY too moisturising for my skin and looked oily. I could not use it as a day cream but it worked well as a night cream though. Even though it was too moisturising for me I didn't get any breakouts at all while using this. It is a very nice cream and I think it would be great for winter. I gave it to mum though because she has dry skin and on her it just sinks right in.
jibosch

Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Try the Fluidratante Cream - much Lighter, can be used under Your 'Regular Cream', for Winter Use, to boost it, and alone in the Summer. Water Based, and will Hydrate Skin. Amazing that such a light-feeling Cream can add that much Moisture!
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried the Orlane ultra llight day cream? I have been wanting to try it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |