Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skincerity?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
texasgirl

Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I recently purchased Skincerity (a nighttime product that is supposed to moisturize, exfoliate, and help your other products be more effective). I used it for the first time last night, so no results to report. I came on the forum to see what other people had experienced but couldn't find any posts.

Has anyone used this product and, if so, do you feel like it did anything for you?
texasgirl

Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
So, I've been using Skincerity for about a week and so far so good. I have oily/combo skin and tend towards breakouts so anything that doesn't break me out is a minor success. No breakouts as of yet and I do feel like my skin looks and feels smoother and looks brighter.

I'm enjoying the rollerball applicator and I like that when I put it on over another nighttime product that is sticky, the Skincerity dries on top so my other lotion doesn't come off on my pillow. It has also been fun to peel the Skincerity off in the morning and I think the minor exfoliation from it is good.

My one complaint so far is that it smells really strong when it's first applied and I feel like I need to close my eyes to protect them. Since Acetone is the first ingredient, I guess that's probably why.

Here's an ingredient list if you're interested:
Acetone, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Fluoropolymer, Acrylic polymer, Fragrance.
havana8

Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
What a strange ingredient listing, texasgirl, Laughing but kind of an interesting concept. Is that everything in it? So you've been using it over your regular skincare routine? Curious if you've tried it by itself?

p.s. welcome, by the way! wave
havana8

Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
More info from the website....

How Skincerity® Works – The Magical Breathable Barrier™

Skincerity® is all about creating healthy skin. Skincerity® is advanced medical science - it is not a cosmetic or quick fix cover-up.

Damaged skin or dry skin is reflective of unhealthy skin. In many respects, dull, damaged and wrinkled looking skin is characterized by a damaged moisture barrier.

Skincerity® provides a revolutionary new skin care technology that aids in repairing the moisture barrier which creates healthier, younger looking skin.

Skincerity® is easy to use. It is rolled on to the skin as a liquid at bedtime and it flash dries in seconds to form a flexible, micro-porous “dermal shield” that protects the moisture barrier and enables the skin to rehydrate. Unlike many creams or lotions, Skincerity® is non-comedogenic, which means that it does not clog pores. Removal of Skincerity® in the morning provides a gentle exfoliation that lets new skin cells surface to reveal brighter, fresher-looking skin.

Once applied, Skincerity® provides a long-lasting breathable film that mimics the essential functions of the skin to aid in restoring your skin to a healthy, hydrated, and beautiful-looking state.

Skincerity® utilizes unique medical grade barrier function technology to heal and restore skin that has been damaged by the sun and the environment.

Skincerity’s® key formulation component is the patented Breathable Barrier™ which enables vital oxygen to reach the skin even while the skin is covered. The Breathable Barrier™ has micro-porous “breathing holes” that ensure the time spent rejuvenating your skin can be maximized in a skin-healthy environment.

Developed from National Institutes of Health grants, the Breathable Barrier™ enables Skincerity® to stay on the skin for hours, not minutes. Skin requires oxygen to be healthy and the Skincerity® Breathable Barrier™ performs like no other barrier technology.

Skincerity® also serves as an “enhancer” to keep other rejuvenating agents such as antioxidants from “rubbing” off onto clothes, pillows, or sheets which ultimately makes them more effective. It’s a simple process, products that stay on the skin longer, work better.

Skincerity® works by providing a unique, novel vehicle to create healthier skin and deliver active rejuvenating agents. Ultimately, a focus on healthy skin is the essential path to realizing beautiful, younger-looking skin.

Skincerity’s® formulation has been tested on real users and produced real results. These results are supported by research and clinical studies performed at US medical schools and FDA approved research labs.

http://www.skincerity.com/?cid=418293
texasgirl

Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the welcome!

It is a strange ingredient list, isn't it! Yes, that's everything that's listed on the bottle.

I haven't tried it by itself yet. I've been a long time user of Retin-A Micro and so far I've just been rolling the Skincerity on top.

I was at a health and wellness expo the other weekend and this company had a booth there. A couple of the people I met had their own "before and after" pics and they were really excited about the product. They were offering a pretty big discount and I'm always up for trying a new product!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
texasgirl wrote:
Thanks for the welcome!

It is a strange ingredient list, isn't it! Yes, that's everything that's listed on the bottle.

I haven't tried it by itself yet. I've been a long time user of Retin-A Micro and so far I've just been rolling the Skincerity on top.

I was at a health and wellness expo the other weekend and this company had a booth there. A couple of the people I met had their own "before and after" pics and they were really excited about the product. They were offering a pretty big discount and I'm always up for trying a new product!

What were the differences between the before and afters?

Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Befores and afters...

One guy I spoke to had smoother facial skin. Much less red and more even.

I also met a woman who had used the version of Skincerity for scars (not sure what it was called). She had a mole removed from her face and you couldn't see it at all.

They also had pictures of one of the company's founder's hands. Apparently she uses it on only one hand so she can show people the difference. The treated hand seriously looked 10 years younger (smoother, firmer looking).
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
texasgirl wrote:
Befores and afters...

One guy I spoke to had smoother facial skin. Much less red and more even.

I also met a woman who had used the version of Skincerity for scars (not sure what it was called). She had a mole removed from her face and you couldn't see it at all.

They also had pictures of one of the company's founder's hands. Apparently she uses it on only one hand so she can show people the difference. The treated hand seriously looked 10 years younger (smoother, firmer looking).

Thank you! I see where it was tested in San Antonio. My brother lives there. I'll see if I can get him to get the scoop.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm... isn't acetone the main ingredient in nail polish remover? Mix that with a little Vitamin E and that's what this seems to be. Come to think of it, didn't the much reviled Clinique Clarifying Lotion contain acetone until it was reformulated a few years back? Guess there's not much new under the sun...
texasgirl

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I think acetone is used in nail polish to help it dry faster. It's also used in place of soap as a face wash for acne prone skin (my dermatologist used to prescribe it for me) because it removes oil and dries quickly.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:09 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Hmmm... isn't acetone the main ingredient in nail polish remover? Mix that with a little Vitamin E and that's what this seems to be. Come to think of it, didn't the much reviled Clinique Clarifying Lotion contain acetone until it was reformulated a few years back? Guess there's not much new under the sun...

You're forgetting these two ingriendets

Fluoropolymer, Acrylic polymer

This is what forms the barrier
k2escott

Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I tried skincerity as a good friend of mine was using it and raved about it. Granted, her skin is different than mine as I have no major issues but my skin is freckly and can get and look dehydrated. I used it for a few days and didn't think it was really working but then I began putting on a few more layers before it dried and now do see some nice results...my skin feels softer, looks more even, and feels firmer. The little wrinkles around my eyes seem diminished and I just look "fresher". I also was curious about the ingredients until I learned that it's more about the polymer and the "barrier" than an active ingredient. I do not use any Rx products under it but read that it can also enhance the effectiveness of them. So far so good and I will keep using.
k2escott

Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I was researching Skincerity and saw it evaluated for KP which is exactly what my son was diagnosed with at his dermatologist's visit. Apparently 60% of people have it - those little bumps on the backs of your arms, legs and even face (his). I am trying it for him instead of the Rx Differin which dries out his skin. Will keep you posted.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
texasgirl wrote:
Yes, I think acetone is used in nail polish to help it dry faster. It's also used in place of soap as a face wash for acne prone skin (my dermatologist used to prescribe it for me) because it removes oil and dries quickly.

Yes, acetone is certainly used in nail polish. I really don't see how this can be good for the face.
Brett&JillMalson

Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, this is my first post. My wife and I are distributors of Skincerity. We love the product. Yes the first ingredient is acetone, but it is NOT the same acetone that is in fingernail polish. It is a pharecutical grade acetone made specifically for your skin.

I am a 35 yr old male with large pores, oily skin, and beginning stages of crows feet and deep forehead lines. I have abused my skin for years. Fortunately for me my wife is the exact opposite when it comes to taking care of her skin.

This product has been awesome for us. My lines and wrinkles have dramatically been reduced. My pores have reduced, and it has helped me with my acne and oil issues. We just love the stuff. We wouldn't have become distributors if we didn't believe in the product.

I am a manager at a fortune 100 company and my wife is the VP of her firm. We both have our MBA's and did plenty of research on the product before using it and then becoming distributors.

Please let me know if you have any questions. If you would like our website, let me know. Since I am new here, I can't post our link here. Thanks everyone
k2escott

Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:04 am      Reply with quote
As a follow up to my previous posts - I began using Skincerity on my 11 y/o son's facial KP and it really works great without the drying effects of the Differin. Also a good friend who is a nurse practitioner has bad KP on her arms and saw incredible results in 1 application. I am now also a distributor as the data behind Skincerity is strong and anecdotally, it seems to be making a big difference with certain users.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know the price of this? I went to the website, but can't seem to find it.
Brett&JillMalson

Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there, the product retails for $89.99 per bottle. That is a one month supply. Let me know if you have any questions, we are more than happy to answer any questions.

Note: This thread has been edited to remove customer service comments and contact details made by the product's representative. No selling or distributing on the forum, please.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Brett&JillMalson wrote:
Hi there, the product retails for $89.99 per bottle. That is a one month supply. Let me know if you have any questions, we are more than happy to answer any questions.

Note: This thread has been edited to remove customer service comments and contact details made by the product's representative. No selling or distributing on the forum, please.

Do you offer samples or a trial size?
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I live in a really hot and humid climate. Would this product "sweat off" easily? Thanks!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Brett&JillMalson

Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Sorry guys, at this time we only have full botlles. As for the humid weather, this is a product that you wear to bed at night while you sleep. I haven't tried it on during a time that I have been sweating, so I can't say. Please let me know if you have anymore questions..

Also, sorry for the delay, we were out of town on vacation and left the Iphones off and the laptops at home, on purpose!! LOL
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Brett&JillMalson wrote:
Sorry guys, at this time we only have full botlles. As for the humid weather, this is a product that you wear to bed at night while you sleep. I haven't tried it on during a time that I have been sweating, so I can't say. Please let me know if you have anymore questions..

Also, sorry for the delay, we were out of town on vacation and left the Iphones off and the laptops at home, on purpose!! LOL

Please let us know if you decide to offer samples in the future, even if you have to pay for them. Thanks!
tadhansen

Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I have been testing Skincerity. Rather than rely on before and after photos, which can be subject to lighting, angle, etc, I have only been using it on one side of my face. So far I am having excellent results. If anyone wants pictures let me know and I will let you know when I have some available. This will be not be a before and after but a far more accurate left side right side.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
tadhansen wrote:
I have been testing Skincerity. Rather than rely on before and after photos, which can be subject to lighting, angle, etc, I have only been using it on one side of my face. So far I am having excellent results. If anyone wants pictures let me know and I will let you know when I have some available. This will be not be a before and after but a far more accurate left side right side.

I'd love to see pictures! Thanks for offering Smile.
havana8

Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hey! EDS just added this to the store:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/skincerity-nightly-breath-p_11177.htm
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |