Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Phytomer Lift Contour Replenishing Formula
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Now that I'm close to finishing my little "gem" of an eye cream, I couldn't resist mentioning this star product....and since Leiladao's wonderful post where she beautifully described our eyes as the "windows to the soul", I was inspired to share my thoughts on the Phytomer Contour Lift eye cream. Very HappyWink

My eyes often get tired and strained from doing shiftwork in an I.T job, so that means long hours spent in front of a computer. I also wear contact lenses which I interchange with my coke-bottle glasses depending on mood and care-factor on the day-- :P if it's a sunny day I always wear sunglasses to protect my eyes (crows feet and the risk of developing cataracts in the future is enough to get me thinking twice !). So eye strain from concentrating on the PC, dehydration from an air-con environment, stretching the eye area when removing contacts, puffiness from lack of sleep and dark circles calls for a good soothing eye cream to depend on !!!
I've been using the Phytomer Contour Lift eye cream for 4 months now and really like the results I'm seeing. Wink

This eye cream comes in a 15ml jar, it is milky, pale pink in colour, has no specific scent and the texture can be best described as a gelatine cream-jel which is quite light and fluffy (wobbles a bit when you shake the jar). It is so soothing to use in the mornings and at night, especially if you are in the habit of keeping your eye creams in the refridgerator (which I know Mabsy does too!). Very Happy Besides the cool, soothing effect, it is very hydrating and it doesn't leave the eye area with a too rich oil film which I have found with the La Prairie eye cream (a more a traditional cream). I prefer a rich eye cream to a gel at night as it's the nicest nightcap for my beauty sleep but since using the Contour Lift, it gave me the intensity of an overnight treatment without it being too heavy. Smile In the morning, I loved noticing brighter "wake up" eyes that looked like they had had a gorgeous sleep, even when I had really been burning the midnight oil 'til late. :P Now to the *BEFORE* Sad and *AFTER* Surprised effects-- this product really toned up and smoothed the area around my eyes. The line that was noticeable under my eyes going from the inner corner out (from being stretched open when putting on contacts ? too much laughing ? squinting in the sun when I was young and foolish! :P) is more plumped up and now barely there. I still noticed a hint of a dark circle there, however I don't think this is the cream to use to treat dark circles specifically-- according to Mabsy PTR Eye Cream with Vitamin K would help combat circles, but mine aren't really that obvious to be a concern.

So for an eye cream that super-hydrates, firms and smooths the eye area, I can recommend the Phytomer Contour Lift eye cream as a lovely one to use. Smile Besides being packed with active marine ingredients, the nice surprise was finding Sweet Almond oil, Soybean oil and Avocado oil included in this little cocktail. Smile The only minus is that it doesn't have an SPF in it for day wear, but overall I'm really pleased to have gotten results from this product. I'm looking forward to checking out the well-lauded Cellcosmet Contour Eye cream and see for myself how it performs. Very HappyWink (I really like this forum in that it allows you to tailor and perfect your own little beauty regime to get the most out of the products you already have!! I've listened and learnt so much from all you ladies-- forever thankful !!) SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

I also wanted to mention another really good thing for eyes-- SATIN PILLOWS !!! SurprisedSurprised Softer material that moulds to your head when you sleep, this prevents creasing of the delicate eye area that you can get from sleeping on cotton pillows. I don't know if any of you girls have had it happen to you, but when I've slept on one side for too long on a cotton pillow I wake up and find an ugly "crease" under my eye as well as "pillow" indents on my cheeks!! Mad The cotton material is too rigid and when my cheeks are pushed up onto my eyes when I sleep creating the crease, I figure this can't be good in the long run especially when the crease is there all night if I sleep in the one position. As with Alohagirl who sleeps with satin sheets as her skin is utra-sensitive, I'm going to pick up some satin material and get my tailor to whip together some satin pillows for me this Xmas-- for the pleasure of a better sleep and we all know that better (Dreamy) sleep = BEAUTIFUL AWAKE EYES!! Very HappyVery Happy

Summertimegirl x Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Phytomer Lift Contour Intensive Eye and Lip Care (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Phytomer Lift Contour Intensive Eye and Lip Care (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

This replenishing treatment is designed specifically for use around the eyes and lips, and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and under-eye circles. Its unique formula integrates natural active ingredients that provide anti-free radical protection.

Replaced by {{14685}}.

leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl, what an awesome review and all about eyes which is the most interesting skin care subject to me and I don't have any idea why I could miss this one the last few days. I love it. But I have to read it at least more than once to really absorb all the excellent info you spent lots of time to share with us.

Thanks Summertimegirl. Will be continued very soon. It's 10 pm now in Vancouver. Time for bed. Not that I'm such a boringly good girl, just that I have to get up at 5 am tomorrow to face another hectic day. Get back to this one soon. Chao.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Leila, thanx! Very Happy you're an absolute sweetie and your reviews have many-a-times inspired me to share my experiences!! I thought since I'm nearing the end of my jar I didn't want it to go astray without putting in a good word for it-- albeit a few hehe!! I thought it would be fun to dedicate it to eyes they really do express who we are and like you said, they're the first things people notice!!! :P I remember you mentioned you had a sample of the Phytomer Contour Lift-- what are your thoughts of it??

I hope you are going to get a nice well-earnt break over the Xmas period!! Any exciting plans?! Very Happy
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Summertimegirl!

Can't wait to get back to this posting. I love everything about eyes: eyecare, eye makeup, eye contact, eye blink blink...

I love to look into people eyes and I love to use my eyes to express my feelings ( if I can EVER get it right). I once loved someone's quote so much :" The eyes that know how to smile!" WOW, I need lots of practice to do that efficiently, HEE! HEE!

Back to my own eyes, unfortunatly I have very bad eyes, I'm near-sighted, my glasses are not as thick as Coke-bottle, thanks to the feather weight lense technique, and I love to wear them to the board meeting so I will look more mature and ...uhm...smarty, also when I want to make my point I can remove my glasses and ...glare at my point of view challengers ( with the eyes that know how to get mad). I also love to wear contacts, especially ones with some romantic colors ( hear this: autumn moonlight) to enhance my boring brown eyes.

I also have very sensitive, allergic prone skin all around my eyes. And my eyes also very allergic to many things: dust ( hate cleaning jobs around the house), smoke ( never smoke, never stand too close to a BBQ), strong odors and even bright sunlight ( vampire blood, may be ?). I spend lots of my earning on eye supplies: eye drops, eye vitamins...

Come to eye creams, since the first time I knew that I need to take care of the skin around my eyes, I have tried quite a few but there are only fewer ptds I can tolerate: Shiseido Eye Soother, Fancl Eye Serum ( I love this one, absolutely no preservatives but too expensive, the cream expires one month after opening), Clinique Eye Saver and newest one: Phytomer Eye Contour Cream ( I don't know if it's the same thing with Phytomer Contour Lift). Remember when I was whining about bags under eyes when having my period. Because of your great review of Phytomer's I just looked into my sample box and started using this cream. It clearly says this Phyto Eye Cream will help under eye cirlcles and puffiness and in my case it really works. I really like its texture too, not too thick and not too light, either.

But I notice lately, everytime I smile a big one, there're lines under my eyes and also some...long tails...WHOA!!! I want to start using something more serious, more aggressive, more classy like anti-aging stuff, like Cellcosmet, but I'm still a little bit hesitated due to the over-reactiveness of my poor eyes. May be I need one more Xtra-reassured-i-told-you-a-hundred-time-already-review from Mabsy or from you :P or samples from EDS to convince me that it will be all right to use around my eyes.

For the pillow talks, my mom bought from Shanghai real pure white silk ( non dyed) and made pillow envelopes for all of us. They are very easy to wash and dry very fast. We have them cover our cotton pillows and we change them every two nights ( should be every night if we can afford it). I love to sleep on them. They're good for your skin and your hair, as well. I believe sleeping on a clean pillow is also a good way to keep your skin clean and fresh. After spending lots of time and money and all the effort of taking care of our skin, don't forget that we need a good pillow to make our beauty sleep a supreme one and nothing is better for our skin than a good sleep.

Wish you have good sleep every time on your satin pillow. And to answer your question of any exciting plan after this crazy time : A GOOD SLEEP. I'm still a baby, if I don't have enough sleep, I can turn into a horibble, terrible grumpy person you never want to meet...Got to run again, Summertimegirl, it's such a crazy day today, all I had for lunch was chocolate of all kinds today...BAD! BAD! BAD! Talk to you soon...
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to add something quite interesting, it's not eye cream but it's for the eyes and it's a delicious dessert that my dear Grand Ma used to make for me ( she made sure I had to have it the night before my exams saying it was good for my eyes as well as my...memory !!!). Surprisingly, the main ingredient is ( guess what, Summertimegirl): SEAWEED plus sweet yam, lotus seeds, pumpkin seeds in sweet honey and coconut milk broth. Oh! now this sweet memory of my Grand Ma brings tears to my eyes. I will try to make one for myself when I have time...and if you want I will send you a recipe. Goodnight, Summertimegirl!
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Hey Leila!

HAHA!! we could talk about eyes all day! If there was one thing I would never hesitate to spend money on and it's anything to do with eyes. The quote you heard about "Eyes that know how to smile" reminded me of when my little sister who is so wise for her age told me to never trust someone who only smiles with their mouths and not with their eyes, because they are usually not sincere or genuine-- ever since then, her words ring in my ears and I find myself looking at peoples' eyes when they smile at me to register if they are true or do their eyes remain cold and lifeless?? Very Happy

As for my eyes, like you I'm very very near-sighted as well-- my prescription is about -5.0 in both eyes (in terms of seeing anything clearly, I can see things 15cm away, further than that everything/ everyone is a colourful blob!!). I hope your eye-sight is not as blind than mine. I was kidding about the Coke-bottles!!!that's just what I call them as when my friends ask me how strong my glasses are I get them to have a look through the lenses and this nearly knocks them over--they can hardly see through them!! SurprisedCool I've got the feather-weight plastic lenses too. I have never tried your subtle tactic of removing my glasses and doing the piercing glare thing with my eyes-- I fear I will not be able to see the person I'm meant to glare at!! :P

I have also noticed that I have "tails" too when I smile from ear to ear, I sometimes think Ohhh NOOOOO...!! but like Mabsy says you can never get enough laughter in your life!! I love laughing until my belly hurts and I have tears running out of my eyes so I think if I get those lines then I guess they are testament that I am happy. But really, nowadays there isn't anything that we can't fix or help to reduce in some way-- if it means trying the best eye cream there is available then I'm willing to invest in it. The only eye creams I have used are Shiseido Benefiance Revitalising Eye Cream, Dermalogica Total Eye Care +SPF 15 and Murad Eye Treatment Complex +SPF 8 and at the moment the Phytomer Contour Lift eye cream which has been so good for me. I'll probably ask to try out a sample of the Cellcosmet first before making a decision to get it. I wonder if we will soon also be drawn into that Cellcosmet "cosmos"!? WinkVery Happy

About your contacts WSurprisedW!!! what IS that colour "Autumn Moonlight" and what brand makes it?! PLEASE describe it as it sounds GORGEOUS!! I loved playing with colour contacts too, it's so fun! I've worn green when I have a nice golden tan but I adore light brown with tiny yellow flecks surrounding the pupil-- very natural, from the brand FRESHLOOKS. The only ones I didn't like on me were blue or grey they can look a bit freaky and remind me of cataracts!! :P

OOOOooo...!! More suggestions that will benefit eyes!!! Leila, this dessert of your Grand Ma's sounds incredible!! I love seaweed and it really IS good for you, in fact all those ingredients are so wholesome. I can almost hear my tastebuds crying out for the recipe, especially coconut broth, so at this point can I please ask if I could have your dear Grand Ma's recipe? I would love to try and make it and see my eyes sparkle!! I hope you have a Wonderful Wonderful Xmas Leila-- have a beautiful restful SLEEP, and also let your hair down and enjoy the holiday season! Very HappyWink
Mabsy

Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:35 am      Reply with quote
LOL. Well I'm keeping my mouth shut about Cellcosmet or people will suspect me for working for them or something! :P

But you should both get a sample of it first and see how you go, after all it's an expensive cream and you shouldn't waste your money on something that you may react to. For me it is totally worth the $$$ though (damn, and I said I would keep my mouth shut! :P). Another one I would recommend is the Murad Essential-C SPF15 eye cream. I think that's the proper name for it. I had a sample of that one and I really liked it.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to mention about this new eye treatment that my good friend who also loves anything that will improve and make us girls look 10 years younger brought back for me from Shanghai. It was something that she had picked up but hadn't tried.

The English text reads "Cortry Remedy for Eye" and it comes in a cornflower blue and white box that has pictures of Chinese herbs and contains 12 x 2 eye pastors. The formula of the product is tested by dermatologists and opthalmologists in traditional Chinese Medicine, and is refined from 26 valuable natural plants such as Gingseng, Astragalus root, Angelica, Pearl powder, Aloe, Pollen, Sanders and Tuckanhoe. It is meant to:- remove murky eye ring, get rid of eye fatigue, remove puffiness around eye area, eliminate wrinkles around canthus. The instructions on the box say that it can be used at anytime but recommended to use before rest and when eyes are fatigued. You apply the "Cortry" Eye Paster to the eye rim skin, massage gently and drive off air bubble to make the "Cortry" Eye Paster adhere to the skin tightly. You will feel cool, comfortable, constrictive, limp and numb (Surprised!!) in your eyes when the effective compositions penetrate into the skin and blood. You take it off 15 - 20 minutes later. You will feel slightly hot and a little red when you take off "Cortry" Eye Paster. It is the good performance for acceleration of the blood circulation. The situation will usually disappear within ten to twenty minutes.
.....From here it follows on to describe how many slices are needed to treat from mild to moderate to very severe eye ageing-- with severe you need 90~120 slices.

I haven't tried it as I didn't want to interrupt my normal eyecare regime, but God forbid that I did and fell asleep while waiting for it to work and then couldn't remove the pasters!!! SurprisedMadSurprised:PVery Happy OuCH !!!!

I'm wondering has anyone used/ tried anything like this?? I'm a little nervous and treading towards it ever so carefully but also am quite curious as to what it will do!! :P
Mabsy

Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:54 am      Reply with quote
THAT sounds scary! But I REALLY want to know if it works for you though Very Happy

I have some fabulous plasters for back/musle pain. I think you can only get them in China (they don't export as far as I know) and it's actually a two step process where you peel the plaster off the backing then pour a sachet of liquid on it and then stick it on. Works like a charm (temporary pain relief of course). SO hopefully these eye ones work just as well in what they are supposed to do. The numbness though.... that sounds... well.... scary! I hope they mean just the skin under your eye and not the entire eye! Very Happy
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Mabsy
LOL. Well I'm keeping my mouth shut about Cellcosmet or people will suspect me for working for them or something! :P

Mabsy,

I'm sure you are being groomed to be Cellcosmet's spokesperson!!!Very Happy You do a fantastic job at recommending it and promoting it-- but having said that I'm sure you wouldn't stand firmly behind a product unless you believed in it.
Have a fantabulous and safe Christmas holiday as well from one Aussie to another-- hope you get to kick up your heels and have some fun! It was BOILING in Sydney today!

PS. Any eyecream that has SPF in it is a PLUS PLUS for me!
Mabsy

Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Summertimegirl, same to you Smile I think I might head down to the Gold Coast for a few days. Other than that nothing much planned. It's been really pouring down here the last few days but just cleared up. Though the weather channel is threatening us with 34 degrees on Tue. Not looking forward to that! I was gonna stay home but now I think I might go to work and enjoy the super-strong air con Very Happy

ps. Do try the Murad eye cream. The SPF is what made me want to try it in the first place and it's the best SPF eye cream I've tried and one of the better eye creams in general.

Oh and I just found out that there's a Sass&Bide sale on the Gold Coast on Sunday (at the casino). I'm SO there! And I might check out the beach while I"m there too!
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:16 am      Reply with quote
SCARY is not the operative word if you can't remove them, especially from the most delicate area of your whole body!!! Surprised But one of these days I'll give it a go and see what "effects" I'm going to get-- if you don't hear from me for a few days you can probably and safely assume I'm at the hospital getting the pasters surgically un-adhered. Sad

I think I know the Medicated Plasters that you're referring to that are good for back/ muscle pain-- are they called SALONPAS? It's a Japanese brand made by Hisamitsu Pharmaceutical. My mum uses these for temporary relief of neck/ back muscle pain-- they work well but have a very strong medicinal smell! You can get them from Sydney, so if you ever need a supply sent up just let me know. Smile

PS. I'm going to try the Murad eye cream now that you've said that-- you've pave the way for me Mabsy!

PS2. You HAD to mention Sass&Bide!! I had to lock myself in the house this year from going to their Sale, went to their's last year with devastating results!! Very HappyWink Have fun!!! Oh! and they don't take credit cards-- the sale in Sydney was cash only! Wink
Mabsy

Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Heh, I'm sure you will be fine. They can't adhere that much if they are for the gentle eye area.

I do have Salonpas as well (minty! Very Happy) but they do not work as well as the chinese ones although they smell nicer and feel nicer and don't stain the skin. I've been told that the ones I have are not exported because of their herbal content. Not sure if that's true though. I've also been told that these are the most popular ones in China. I'd tell you what they are called but everything on the box is in Chinese Smile It's a largeish yellow/red box with a picture of an old guy on it Smile The website iswww.tibetan-med.com though, so I am guessing it's supposed to be based on a Tibetan recipie.

Thanks for the tip re: Sass&Bide, I'll cash up before I get in the door Smile I'm a bit worried about this sale too, I'm hoping that it will be crap. It's a combined Sass&Bide & One Teaspoon sale though so it will probably be fairly good and leave me in a lot of debt (but happy!) Smile

ps. Let me know what you think of the Murad eye cream!
Mabsy

Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by summertimegirl
.... I also wanted to mention another really good thing for eyes-- SATIN PILLOWS !!!

Ok, I was in K-mart yesterday and as I walked past the bedding section I remembered what you said and decided to get a set of satin pillow cases for my bed. I slept on them last night and have to say that I'm not a 'satin pillow' person Smile I don't know... There's just something weird about satin touching my face that almost makes it feel uncomfortable. Plus my head kept sliding in between my pillows 'coz they were slippery! LOL Very Happy

Mind you, I didn't have creases on my face when I woke up. But that could also be because the pillow cases themselves were a much snuggier fit for my pillows than my current pillowcases (i.e. they have no opportunity to crease). I also have to say that I only paid 9.95 for each pillow case so perhaps that is a crap quality of satin. I don't know... but hey, at least I tried it and now I know that it's just not me Smile

MERRY CHRISTMAS,
Mabsy.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
I don't usually make any resolutions for New Years as I never really kept any of them for long but this year I am promising to look after my skin better and take more care of my eyes. A recent test of a week's alcohol consumption has proven to me that there is a direct link in the alcohol-and-dark-circles-and-bags equation.Mad( So this means be more wary of what I put inside my body-- try to eat more healthily. Drink more water, even if it's eating a stack of watermelons as long as I'm properly hydrated from the inside. Get to bed earlier-- more sleep makes you look a hundred times better. Keep the window open at night for air to circulate the room-- apparently, sleeping in a stuffy room gives you dark under-eye circles, amongst other things (A friend told me this one). I've already given up smoking a while ago so that is a good thing-- I don't know why I ever picked up that nasty habit, it totally ruins you.Sad I am going to try and wear my contacts less to give my eyes a bit of a "breather". I was close to getting an infection this year due to overwear of contacts and what my optometrist told me scared me into being more careful. She said that the eyes are one of our most sensitive organs which pumps oxygen, potassium, etc. in and out and to have a lens sitting on top of it all the time blocks it from doing that properly, risking infection from a buildup of bacteria and proteins.....and that once we lose our sight it is gone forever which is a scary thought:( Apparently you're only suppose to wear them for no more than 10 hours a day. Despite all that, I still love wearing contacts, especially coloured ones and I still want to know where Leila gets her "Autumn Moonlight" ones from-- that colour sounds amazing!!Surprised HAHA... what's that line....? Boys don't make passes at girls who wear glasses???Very Happy

Mabsy, I'm glad you gave the satin pillow cases a go-- I haven't been able to get my hands on any material yet to make some-- I think I know what you mean by the slippery slidy feeling, and I don't think I would be too keen on the satin material next to my skin that has been moisted up with night creams either:P However, I read up somewhere that this was a good alternative to cotton in preventing lines on eyes as it's not as starchy as cotton and a lot softer to sleep on. I'm not sure if you know what I meant by getting a "crease" near the eye area-- it happens to me when I lie on my side on a cotton pillow, my cheeks sort of "folds" onto my eye. I figure that it wouldn't happen with a softer material like satin. If it doesn't work with satin, then I might try to source pure un-dyed silk that Leila's mum has made up into pillow cases. I think laundering pillowcases every few days is an excellent habit to try to get into.Wink

Leila, I'm still hanging out for your Grandma's delicious recipe!!! I would love to try and make it, and I think all those ingredients can be found in Asian groceries.Smile I LOVE seaweed!!! Is this the secret to sparkly, beautiful eyes??

I wish everyone the best health, happiness and luck this year!! Smile

Summertimegirl xx:D
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Summertimegirl! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It's so good to come back here and see you still go on stronger and stronger. What a girl! I love to read all of your posts, you have so many interesting things to share with us and I'm always jealous with your typing speed Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy. Very glad that you had a good rest, lots of sun, lots of sleep, lots of good food ( red water melon, yum! yum! yum!) and lots of romantic time with your special someone :P

About the colour enhancing contact lenses I'm using FreshLook Radiance, and there are quite a few more shades that you can use to add some romantic hues to your brown eyes. Good luck!

For my Grandma's recipe, you should shop at a Japanese or Korean grocery store, the seaweed for this dish must be the fresh one ( you'll find in their cooler) in sealed packages either in whole big piece or pre-sliced, they are very green and fresh and chewy, not the dry and crunchy one used for making sushi :P.

It's very easy to prepare. In a pot of boiling water you put seaweed, sweet yam ( chopped in any shape you want), canned lotus seeds...and cook for about 15 mins, add honey to your taste and coconut milk just right before you turn off the stove and serve. If you find coconut milk is too heavy for you ( as some of my friends do) you can add some homo milk of just serve it in clear broth.

My Grandma was a vegetarian Bhudist, she used seaweed in many delicious recipes of salads and soups and she had the most beautiful skin you ever want to have. I think all of the ingredients of this dessert is good for your whole body not only just eyes.

Oh! one more thing, you can serve this one hot or cold, add some crushed ice and a straw, you have a wonderful summertime non-alcohol cocktail. Let me know if you like this dessert after you try it at home. :P:P:P
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Leila, WSurprisedW, I HAVE to try this also--THANK-YOU for sharing!! Sounds totally fabulous, yummy and easy to make! But because I'm vegan, I'll have to omit the honey and replace it with either raw sugar, or brown rice syrup (which is like a honey substitute but very mild in taste). Sounds so yummy :P:P:P
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2004 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Welcome back Leila! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!Very Happy

It's so great to have you back here! I hope you had a really wonderful and relaxing holiday as well and feel fresh and new like daisies!Very HappyVery Happy I had a beautiful time these summer holidays and rested up heaps, but I really missed my normal routine at home, and especially the forum! My b/f had a laptop but I knew that if it was brought out on holidays there would be no return!Cool BTW Leila, I love reading your posts as well, you always have so much to share, because of you and many of the other girls this forum has become my little addictive beauty fix. I've picked up so many tips, help and ideas to use and make a part of my "Good habits"...and also found out what colours will work for me when it comes to eye shadows-- going through some of the older posts for BE Glimmers and JI brushes I know I'm curious about those shades Thoughtcrime brought up. I know everyone's skin tone is different, but as I know some of us are of the same nationality it gives me a good idea of what will suit me. Always, curiosity kills the cat and I know I will find myself playing with these colours one day soon.

My goodness, this dessert of your Grandma's sounds so delicious Leila!! Surprised Yum! I can't wait to make it myself-- I live close to a Japanese grocery store and if it wasn't midnight over here I would be there now in search of these recipes. I loooove the taste of coconut broth, it's in most of our Vietnamese desserts too. I will have to make sure I get the right seaweed then-- green, fresh and chewy-- you know how much I love seaweed, it's even in the products I use for my skin!!This is too good! THANK YOU LEILA!! and the biggest thanks to your dear Grandma for passing on such a wonderful recipe! Wink This is one I know my mum would definitely love as well as she has a sweet tooth like me when it comes to Asian dessert drinks!:P I will definitely tell you how it tastes, but I just have one more question about the recipe-- what are the proportions for the ingredients, or doesn't it really matter? and you just add more of what you like?Very HappyVery Happy

Thanks for pointing out the Freshlooks Radiance contact lenses for me, I am due for another visit to my Optometrist soon so will ask to try that gorgeous colour and the others if she has them in stock! My horoscope for 2004 says that I will have to be careful with my eyes this year!

Thanks again!!
Summertimegirl Wink
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Leila,

I remembered something about the Radiance Freshlooks contacts, in fact last year I had asked my Optometrist about them as I remembered that they had only just come out on the market. He told me that some people have found that sometimes the flecks on the design of the lens comes off Surprised, so I wanted to ask if you have had any problems with yours at all? He didn't actually show me the lenses themselves so I didn't get to see any of the colours. I think I'd only wear these occasionally anyway, as I love my ultra-thin Acuvue 2 for every day.Wink
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl, I've never had any problem wearing those Radiance FreshLooks but I prefer wearing my clear ultra thin Acuvue 2, too. There's another colour from FreshLooks lenses called "Honey" that I really love to wear to go out at night too, it gives my brown eyes some extra sparks, but I just wear them for fun when I'm with my very good friends ( who know I don't have blue eyes, ever!)...You don't want the cutest guys fall in love with your colour enhanced eyes instead of your real ones ( know what I mean?) :P:P:P
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2004 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Leila,

I just had to tell you I made this dessert last night and cannot believe how YUMMY it turned out!! My brother's fiancee and I went to a Japanese grocery store yesterday to get all the ingredients-- I didn't know that there were three types of seaweed!!Surprised There is Nori (for sushi), Wakame (for miso soup and salads) and Konbu (for soup stock)....we chose the wakame seaweed as it was the closest to your description of bright green, fresh and chewy". It was frozen, and salted, however it was fresh-- we just sat it in water and washed the salt out. And you wouldn't believe how big the seaweed expands when it's in water!! I had to refreeze the rest of the mountain for next time. The only ingredient we didn't have was canned lotus seeds, which the store didn't stock, but as we had all the others and were so eager to make the dessert we thought we'd give it a try anyway!Very Happy So we followed your instructions, I didn't know what proportions to go with, so I just ad-libbed with the ingredients... and to be honest it doesn't really matter so long as you don't use too much wateR-- enough to skim the ingedients by a cm! And WOAH BEHOLD....Surprised Leila, this is the nicest dessert drink I've ever had! I accidently bought coconut cream instead of milk but so glad I did as it gave it a creamier broth and really makes the dessert. The seaweed when cooked is a jelly-like texture and really nice to eat.

I plan to make this whenever I can and I can't wait to make it for my mum, complete with the missing lotus seeds ingredient!!! My brother's fiancee told me seaweed is very good for eyes, skin and hair and it's a staple in the Japanese diet-- that's why all the girls have immaculate looking complexions! It's such a delicious, wholesome dessert and so so good for you!! Yum! Yum! Yum!
Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Thanks~ from all my tastebuds!

Summertimegirl xVery Happy
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl,

I'm so jealous. I WANNA DESSERT!!!

I'm so happy you like this dessert. You are so careful with everything you do. I didn't even know there were 3 kinds of seaweed you could find in the store! And you even remember their names ! But I know that seaweed is very good food for our female body ( Yin food, according to my paternal Grand Ma). One of my cousins, after giving birth to her first baby, had seaweed soup everyday in order to loose her extra weight while maintaining her health to nurse her infant. It's so rich with vitamins, minerals and protein.

And please don't worry about the salt in fresh seaweed, it's from sea water ( of course). You did the right thing to soak it in water and rinse the salt off.

Next time, try it with canned lotus seeds, you will love it even more. Lotus seeds are one of the finest food on earth. They are actually lotus flower buds. Have you ever tried lotus tea ?Wink
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Leila,

You know that anything you recommend, I will end up trying at some stage as I know it will be so good for me! :P:P:P I haven't tried lotus tea before (I've only tried Chrysanthmum tea), I never knew lotus tea existed, what is it like? WOW, the lotus is quite powerful, it's used in medicine to benefit the spleen, kidney and heart as well..... and the seeds also makes the paste in the Mooncakes we all love to eat in August. Very Happy

I can't wait to make my next batch of this dessert and share it with mum. It really was delicious! I need to buy an ice crusher machine. I wonder if Thoughtcrime has had a chance to make it too! Wink

leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl,

I remember reading one of your posts and you mentioned that you were quite concerned about your eyelids. You wanted to keep them in good shape. Very interesting, I saw on Neobeauty.com a product called "Double Eyelid Tape". The way they are described, I think they are for eyes just like "Frownies" for forehead frown lines. I've never seen "Frownies" nor this " Eyelid Tapes" but I'm interested in the concept of a preventive and defensive treatment. Any thought ?
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2004 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Leila,

Oh! My God! When I looked this up on the link I was thinking Noo waaaay...not possibly-- Double Eyelid Tape?!?! SurprisedSurprised But again you've managed to come up with the goodies and surprises-- I just wonder how on earth did you find this? I never even thought this kind of thing existed !! Like Mabsy, You're a genius! Very Happy

The Eye Charm Double Eyelid Tape looks like it's made in Korea (I think that's Korean lettering, please correct me if I'm wrong)...and the adhesive 'lids' look like they're ready-cut to be used but can be cut down to suit everyones' eyeshape. I'm guessing that the strips are made of either a flesh-tone or clear adhesive (it's hard to tell as you can't see the actual 'lids' but you can actually apply make-up over it so the material must be quite tissue-soft, oh there you go it's made out of medical tape.

I am really really curious and would love to try this product to be honest with you, even though I have eye lids they're not that prominant and sometimes one annoyingly reverts back to it's no-lid. Mad I think with this product you could maybe 'train' the eyelids to become permanant as it claims, without plastic surgery. (I've seen good results and also not so good, unnaturally 'folded' eyelids on the surgery front so I am still in two minds about it). So this could be a safe, preventative way of getting those ellusive lids...Wink

I think I'm going to purchase this and check it out-- it looks like something that would be fun to try! It's only $US 3.20 sale price for 40 pieces (20 uses) which isn't bad!

So Leila, what are your thoughts?? Very Happy Do you think we will be able to wear this 'discretely' without anyone noticing until we can share our little beauty secret to our girlfriends?? Thanxxx Leila ^^

Summertimegirl xVery Happy

ps. For the curious girls, check out the link:

http://store.yahoo.com/neobeauty-com/eyechdoeyeli.html

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |