Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Phytomer Extended Youth Night Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of this based on Summertimegirl's recommendation. This is a wonderful rich cream that is light blue in color, with blue flecks in it. Summertimegirl was right, it wasn't greasy at all for my combination skin, even though it is targeted for drier skins. It was the perfect little soothing treatment for my dehydrated winter skin, and my skin thankfully lapped it up :P I actually even used it during the day with no problems. The only thing was that it was so rich that it wasn't as easily spreadable, even when I warmed it in my hands like their website suggested. But that could be that I am more used to fluid or emulsion moisturizers that are thinner in consistency and not as rich.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Phytomer Ogenage Extended Youth Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 oz.)
Phytomer Ogenage Extended Youth Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 oz.)

With marine spring water - Revitalizing treatment. This night cream combats cutaneous dehydration; revitalizes tired, dull skin and smoothes the signs of premature aging.

Mabsy

Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:36 am      Reply with quote
Hi Thoughtcrime,

I bought the day version of this cream from EDS recently. In all honesty I've decided to wait till I finish up what I'm currently using but I couldn't resist opening it up and testing it Very Happy

It's an off white light cream formulation that seems like it would be perfect for combo skin. I'll surely write a review of it once I use it for a while. I think I'm going to like this one. Summertimegirl, you woke up my greedy little Phytomer Lemming and Thoughtcrime you're re-enforcing it! Smile I can see myself trying a few more of their products just looking at their website Smile

Merry Christmas,
Mabsy.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2003 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Holidays! Mabsy, can't wait to hear your review! Which day version did you purchase--the one formulated for normal skin or dry?
Mabsy

Fri Dec 26, 2003 3:34 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtcrime,

I bought the normal skin version though looking on the box it says "for all skin types" so I'm not quite sure why there is a distinction between dry and normal. Any idea?

Mabsy.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2003 8:33 am      Reply with quote
hmmm, that's strange. Sorry but I have no idea Surprised
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Hi Girls,

I'm glad that you liked the Extended Youth Night cream Thoughtcrime, it's so nice I really can't live without it. I know what you mean by not being able to spread it easily-- it doesn't seem to glide on like other creams or emulsions. I found that too but I still love the consistency of it, and I prefer it to runnier emulsions. I'm down to my last few spatula scoops now and have run out of the Hydration Reinforcement cream (my day cream) so I'm using the night one during the day as well....in fact I'm running out of all my Phytomer products I originally bought from France! I'm dying for my order from EDS to arrive so I can dive in on my new stash!!! FYI, a 50ml jar of the Phytomer Extended Youth Night cream lasted me for just over 3 months (used every night and religiously):P

Mabsy-- Happy New Year !!! Hope you had a great time over the Chrissy break too!! Very Happy I'm looking forward to your review of the day version of the night cream-- I'm interested to know what consistency it has. I saw that there was a Normal and a Dry skin version too, I'm not sure why that is either-- perhaps the formulation for Dry skin is slightly richer ?Surprised But you really should let those hungry Lemmings loose to feast on Phytomer-- they are so good! Have fun tomorrow night at NYE !!!

Summertimegirl x Wink
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Summertimegirl and Mabsy, this is off the product topic, and excuse my ignorance, but what exactly does "lemmings" mean? I keep hearing the word thrown around on this forum; I looked it up in the Scribner-Bantam English dictionary, and it said, a noun "any of several species of small mouselike rodents found in the arctic regions." I don't think that's the way you guys are using it! Is it an Aussie word?
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi Thoughtcrime! Wink
Actually come to think of it I don't exactly know what Lemmings are either!!! :P I've only heard about them a few times too but thought they were make-believe little creatures that munch away at things-- I could be wrong so will have to wait until Mabsy confirms. LOL. Very HappyVery Happy
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Lemmings, as I remember, are small mammals that when their population gets too high for the habitat, they commit mass suicide by jumpiing off a cliff. One begins and the others follow. I always thought that to be a lemming was following the general direction of the masses witjout thinking.
I hope this sheds some light on it. This is the general impression I've carried with me for some time.
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by queenpedauque
Lemmings, as I remember, are small mammals that when their population gets too high for the habitat, they commit mass suicide by jumpiing off a cliff. One begins and the others follow. I always thought that to be a lemming was following the general direction of the masses witjout thinking.

Hi Queenpedauque,
Thanks for letting us know what lemmings are, how interesting! I had thought they were cartoon characters haha!:P I don't know about being suicidal but when it comes to Phytomer I'd be the first lemming to leap in! Very Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Curiosity killed the cat--I just had to google what a lemming is and found that it is a rodent, but that it is a myth that they commit mass suicide. It seems that people are using the term "lemmings" in a different way from the standard definition, so maybe it is more of a colloquial term.
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry got off the skincare/product review topics :P
Mabsy

Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Oops, sorry I haven't been online for a while and missed this whole discussion. Yes, Lemmings are little rodents and I heard about the "mass suicide" thing as well but haven't seen it documented anywhere.

I can tell that you are nowhere near as geeky as me though Smile Have you not played the Lemmings game? :P You had a little 'leader' lemming and could make the other lemmings follow it. If the leader went off the cliff so did all the other lemmings. Perhaps that's where the suicide 'rumour' came from? The game was really big in the early 90s *gets sudden urge to try to find a copy that will work on WinXP* Smile It was a really cute game!

Currently the term is being used, as queenpedauque said, to follow the lead of others. So if you tried something that was.... MINTY.... it would have definitely woken up the little lemming within me that I lovingly call "The Bank's Best Friend". :P
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2004 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, Oh neat! I never heard of the lemmings game. I learn something new everyday. But I'm pretty geeky too in other ways :P
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:02 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by dagny

Summertimegirl: tell me more about PHytomer's Extended youth cream! what is the scent like? Is it ok for skin prone to blackheads?? I rarely get pimples, but my poor pores get clogged, clogged, clogged. I looked back at some of your Phytomer posts --- wow! You seem to really like the products! I am drawn to products that will benefit my skin (anti-oxidants, protective factors, etc) and also want a product as natural as possible (to eliminate toxicity, etc). Out of curiosity, have you tried any of the Decleor products? I have yet to purchase --- I am currently debating which to buy.

Hello Dagny,

Wink I do love Phytomer products-- just a tad!!:P. I thought I'd reply to your Q on this thread as there's a review on the Phytomer Extended Youth night cream already Very Happy. I was on a search for a while for a Uber-moisturiser like yourself and ended up being hooked on Phytomer. I'd been very loyal to Murad, MD Formulations and Dermalogica for YEARS, and they are good products but I still considered the appearance of my skin 'mediocre'. To me, an indication of my skin's health is not only seeing a difference in texture and tone but a continual improved difference. I love it that Phytomer gives my skin the kind of complexion that looks like I've kept up with a week of Yoga and running, you know radiant, energised skin!Wink The Phytomer Extended youth night cream is probably one of the best moisturisers I've used-- I almost panicked when I started to run out and wondered whether my EDS package would arrive in time for there not to be too much of a lapse!:P

The cream's texture is different to other creams I've used as it's rich and very dense, yet doesn't leave a heavy, oil film that I dislike before bed. The formulation is for Mature Skin, and at first I thought it would be too rich for me, but it wasn't-- it's perfect and rich enough for my normal/ dry combo skin.

To answer your questions Dagny-- the cream is a very natural product, it has natural marine extract (chlorella, a micro-algae, algae is the basis of Phytomer's products) and Marine Spring water. The scent is subtle and (reminds me of sweet sea breezes if there is such a scent) and isn't overpowering. I stopped buying Dept store products as they were like wearing perfume body lotion on your face (also they were ineffective for the money you pay.) Mad In terms of eliminating toxicity, I've found this cream is very stabilising and soothing. I looked up the Phytomer site to find out more about the algae and learnt that this company's research took place at the time of the "black tide" caused by the Amoko Cadiz oil spill, where they observed the micro-algae seemed to attack pollutants, samples of the algae were taken and they saw remarkable results on the skin....I don't know how good it will be at unblocking clogged pores but I can say that I don't have a problem with mine.

I haven't tried Decleor products before although they sound like a very good line to try. I guess I am quite addicted to the Phytomer regime at the moment-- and I want to try more of their products.... my latest order will take me through to Autumn, then for the winter I'll probably look at switching to Skinceuticals Vitamin C products (like every other schedule in my life I have a skin care one Cool .... why don't you ask for a sample of the Extended Youth night cream when you next place your order and have a try of it first?

Summertimegirl Very Happy
dagny
5% products discount

Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl,

Thanks for the details! I will definately be checking this out --- I am never fully satisfied with my skincare -- probably because I am searching for that glowing, perfect skin that eludes me!

Dagny
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm wondering if it is suitable for oily skin?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |