Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How to get rid of red acne marks?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I know its a question asked to death but are there any products that are newly launched that can fade red acne marks (not depressed).
I'm using Retin-A right now for my acne and that seems to somewhat help but a couple of days ago when I went without makeup, a friend commented on what the red spots on my face were (other than the pimples), cos I didnt have them the previous day (I was wearing makeup Rolling Eyes that day). I made me so self conscious!

I've used peels, AHA, BHA, and other exfoliators. I've yet to try Vit C due to that one time when I used PSF's vit c serum and within a few days of usage, I had a million blackheads and whiteheads all over my face.
Any suggestions on what else to use?

Thanks Smile
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Oil soluble vitamin C is superior to water soluble vitamin C (more stable, less irritating, not going to cause blackheads) so you can try that.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:02 am      Reply with quote
They fade in time, but here are some things that have worked for me in the past:

Jojoba oil
Vitamin E
Retin-A
and I've had the best results of all from a skin lightening product that I buy on eBay (which keeps my melasma under control). It's a combination of Vit C, Kojic Acid and Licorice (no hydroquinone).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:06 am      Reply with quote
You can look into the Dermaroller-thread if you are not totally put off by the thought of pricking your skin with needles in the name of beauty.

Dermarolling can promote collagen growth and make a big difference in the appearance of scars and marks.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22460

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:49 am      Reply with quote
I also have many acne marks, I use Lavender floral water everyday, and choose some brighten care products(such as HABA fair lady) and use sunblock everyday.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your replies!

Septembergirl wrote:
You can look into the Dermaroller-thread if you are not totally put off by the thought of pricking your skin with needles in the name of beauty.

Dermarolling can promote collagen growth and make a big difference in the appearance of scars and marks.

I've looked into dermarollers before, but it all seems a bit too scary for me to try...and I'm on a budget right now, still got my CC bills to pay off Embarassed

Nimue wrote:
Oil soluble vitamin C is superior to water soluble vitamin C (more stable, less irritating, not going to cause blackheads) so you can try that.

Do you happen to know which vit c brands on EDS are oil soluble? I've used PSF and that was a no-no but I have a sample of Viviers
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:56 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:

Do you happen to know which vit c brands on EDS are oil soluble? I've used PSF and that was a no-no but I have a sample of Viviers

There's a vitamin C thread riiiight next to this thread, come join us! It evolved to a discussion on oil soluble vitamin C.

Here's the link (for future reference):

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29775
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I would also suggest Jojoba oil, Cocoa butter, Vitamin E and
Retin-A.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah I would seriously look into Obagi Nu-Derm as this should take care of the spots.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:

Is it sanitary to roll over the acne? I thought it might spread bacteria to other parts of your face.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
Does Retin-A have to be prescribed?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Septembergirl wrote:

Is it sanitary to roll over the acne? I thought it might spread bacteria to other parts of your face.

Ruk, you should NOT roll over active acne, as it will indeed spread bacteria.

ruk1 wrote:

US pharmacies require a prescription, but most of us buy it from overseas pharmacies like alldaychemist.com or medsmex.com. It is MUCH cheaper!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
ruk1 wrote:
Septembergirl wrote:

Ruk, you should NOT roll over active acne, as it will indeed spread bacteria.

ruk1 wrote:

US pharmacies require a prescription, but most of us buy it from overseas pharmacies like alldaychemist.com or medsmex.com. It is MUCH cheaper!!!

Thank you! I reread Septembergirl's post, and I had mistaken it to mean rolling over active acne, but I think she meant acne scars now that I read it more carefully.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:

Thank you! I reread Septembergirl's post, and I had mistaken it to mean rolling over active acne, but I think she meant acne scars now that I read it more carefully.

Question
Yeahyeah asked for advice to get rid of acne marks. I only mentioned "scars and marks" in my post. I never used the word "acne". Wink

5% products discount

Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:04 am      Reply with quote
Jojoba oil is a great cheap method, but Tamanu oil is PHENOMENAL for skin healing and resurfacing, and really fades the marks out fast. I have a lot of scarring and red marks from picking, among other things, and this is the best thing I have come upon yet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Over on the "Honey" thread it was mentioned that a honey mask could help fade the marks (really, the stuff in your cupboard -- I had no idea!) I have the same problem as you yeahyeah, but I have yet to find a great solution. I had such high hopes for the expensive exfoliating mask I just bought, and while I like what it is doing for my pores, there have been no amazing red mark transformations yet. I'll keep you posted. I might add Tamanu oil to the list, too -- thanks for the tip, Artic_Mama.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Artic_Mama wrote:
Jojoba oil is a great cheap method, but Tamanu oil is PHENOMENAL for skin healing and resurfacing, and really fades the marks out fast. I have a lot of scarring and red marks from picking, among other things, and this is the best thing I have come upon yet.

Hi artic_mama, have you used any other products that could've faded the red marks? Cos I'm a little sceptical of using oils again. I used to use jojoba oil and other EOs but it wasnt giving me the desired results

A website with some tamanu oil that I found on google for those interested: http://www.skincarebeautykk.com/tamanu

KBLang wrote:
Over on the "Honey" thread it was mentioned that a honey mask could help fade the marks (really, the stuff in your cupboard -- I had no idea!) I have the same problem as you yeahyeah, but I have yet to find a great solution. I had such high hopes for the expensive exfoliating mask I just bought, and while I like what it is doing for my pores, there have been no amazing red mark transformations yet. I'll keep you posted. I might add Tamanu oil to the list, too -- thanks for the tip, Artic_Mama.

Hi KBLang
I've used honey (honey and aspirin mask) but whilst the honey did soothe my skin, I didnt find it that amazing. My acne marks are the same in colour and size before and after using honey so I'm guessing that does not work for me. Do share when you find any solutions!
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
ruk1 wrote:

Question
Yeahyeah asked for advice to get rid of acne marks. I only mentioned "scars and marks" in my post. I never used the word "acne". Wink

Feeling sheepish, this is what happened when one reads too fast and making all kinds of assumptions in her own head. LOL
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Bummer about the honey -- thanks for letting me know yeah,yeah. Now I won't get my hopes too high... which is a good thing: I'm always on the lookout for that "amazing overnight cure" but have yet to have the experience!

Anybody tried something like Caudalie Vinoperfect? Or Korres Wild Rose Imperfection-Targeting Oil (which appears to be mostly rose hips oil)?
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
FYI, just found Tamanu Oil for $8.70/oz. at gardenofwisdom.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
KBLang wrote:
Bummer about the honey -- thanks for letting me know yeah,yeah. Now I won't get my hopes too high... which is a good thing: I'm always on the lookout for that "amazing overnight cure" but have yet to have the experience!

Anybody tried something like Caudalie Vinoperfect? Or Korres Wild Rose Imperfection-Targeting Oil (which appears to be mostly rose hips oil)?

Yeah, everytime I try out a new product, I just dont think much of it and try not to get my hopes too high. But it doesnt help when I read all the rave reviews Embarassed, when the same product helps one people whilst on me, it does nothing!

About the Caudalie Vinoperfect radiance serum- I've not personally tried it but I bought a bottle for my mum some time ago. She's trying to fade her spots but after using the whole bottle, other than just evening out her complexion and brightening her skin a tad bit, the serum didnt fade her pigmentation.
HTH Smile
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
I know its a question asked to death but are there any products that are newly launched that can fade red acne marks (not depressed).
I'm using Retin-A right now for my acne and that seems to somewhat help but a couple of days ago when I went without makeup, a friend commented on what the red spots on my face were (other than the pimples), cos I didnt have them the previous day (I was wearing makeup Rolling Eyes that day). I made me so self conscious!

I've used peels, AHA, BHA, and other exfoliators. I've yet to try Vit C due to that one time when I used PSF's vit c serum and within a few days of usage, I had a million blackheads and whiteheads all over my face.
Any suggestions on what else to use?

Thanks Smile

I recently started using Karin herzog - the professional creme cleanser, toner and oxygen face cream. The results on my acne marks are amazing. I get those big, red things on my chin every month that I am guilty of squeezing, then it goes all gross and leaves a purply red mark forever (get the picture?) - well, since I started using the KH, these have faded to the point where I don't have to put concealer on them!
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the Caudalie info, yeahyeah -- bright skin is nice, faded marks is better. I'm totally with you on the high hopes -- so many good products, so many rave reviews, and so many end up just not working for my skin (or I don't get the insto-presto results we crave!) Thanks for the KH rec, peppy -- those are the marks I don't want to have to put concealer on anymore.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:32 am      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Septembergirl wrote:
ruk1 wrote:

Question

Feeling sheepish, this is what happened when one reads too fast and making all kinds of assumptions in her own head. LOL

No problem, ruk1. Very Happy

5% products discount

Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:09 am      Reply with quote
Well, I've tried Clinique for improving the texture and evenness of my skin with poor results, as well as manual exfoliation and facials. Because I have sensitive skin in addition to all that *lovely* scarring neither of those worked either. AHA's are a no-go too.

The Tamanu, especially as a moisturizer, shouldn't cause any additional pimples or irritation issues - it isn't a 'cleansing' or stripping oil. One thing you could do is use it biweekly in a steam treatment and then clean off the residue, but not use it daily, or use it as a spot treatment on a few of your red marks and see if it breaks you out or fades them in a trial period.

I am so chemically sensitive in addition to having delicate, thin skin that I have to be REALLY careful with treatments. Pretty much anything that resurfaces aggressively is bad news Sad

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |