Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: OH MY GOODNESS! DR. H CLEANSING CREME!!!!!!!!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies (and the occasional Gentlemen),

So, as you know, I went and bought the Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Creme on 3/17/2005 at my nearby Whole Foods. I liked it so much on the first try that I ordered another one through EDS (along with the Revitalizing Mask). I know, I am so impatient, but the Whole Foods price was INSANE -- so I wanted to "stock up" right away by ordering through EDS.

Okay, so today is the 20th. I've been using the Cleansing Creme for almost 4 days now, night and day, about 3 minutes each usage, with constant "rolling and pressing."

I have to say . . . I am completely amazed. In the past 4 days, I have STOPPED using Dermalogica Microfoliant and Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion in a Jar. I use Dr. Hauschka CC in the morning, in the afternoon (if I am home and wash the make up off my face), and at night. I tone with my Yonka Lotion and then apply Juvenil in the spots that need it. I am following Dr. H's recommendation not to put anything on the skin at night so the skin can eliminate toxins.

So . . . I use Yonka Creme PG in the day time (or Decleor Regulating Fluid if I'm wearing make up since it helps oil production). I am completely completely COMPLETELY amazed at Dr. Hauschka's results. I've been using this for FOUR DAYS (not even!)!!!!!!!!

I usually "squeeze" my nose and inner cheek area (the area around my nose) about once a week to eliminate sebum and blackheads -- it's all that nasty stuff that comes out. I think that also has resulted in larger pores since squeezing isn't good for your skin. I have resisted the urge to "squeeze" these days just to see if Dr. H could help -- and it HAS. The pores are a bit more refined at this point and I can tell there are less dark spots on my nose (which is where I would usually "squeeze"). It's absolutely amazing --I really want to see how my skin is in TWO WEEKS!

The smell turned me off a bit but now I love it! Ha ha ha -- I guess it's partly cuz the product works so well -- who cares what it smells like?! The rolling and pressing action kind of makes my hands and arms sore but I guess it's a good "mini workout" Laughing !!!

Washing this stuff off leaves this great "moisturized" feeling on my skin that I have never gotten from other products.

If you have congested pores or large pores, I would highly HIGHLY suggest giving this product a try. I've used it for nearly four days and the results are this fantastic. I just hope the product continues to work to clean out my pores!!!!!

Sorry for the REALLY LONG review!
Lisa
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

Cleansing Cream gently cleanses, exfoliates, fortifies and refreshes, protecting the skin’s natural protective function for healthy, radiant skin. Cleansing Cream retains the skin’s natural hydro-lipid barrier while also preparing it for the next stages in the Dr. Hauschka skin care daily care routine.

Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
JOY! Dancing Good for you, Chunlisa - Great news!!! I'm *so* pleased for you!
Pudoodles Very Happy
Tea
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
This is a timely review as I'm not crazy about my face wash and I've been thinking of switching to...anything else.

For the record, I've been using the Avalon Organic CoQ10 face wash. It doesn't do any harm, but it really doesn't seem to do any good either.

Thanks, Chunlisa! Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Wonderful review chunlisa! Dr. H Cleansing Cream is a lovely product. I can't be without it. So happy for the great results you are getting. Very Happy
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I am with Winnie, I cannot live without this product either! It's a good thing you've stocked up, because the tube doesn't last long. For oily skin and clogged pores I highly recommend the Dr. H facial steam bath and clay mask as well.
userdefined
5% products discount

Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:30 am      Reply with quote
I may be tempted to try this.

I have large pores, very oily skin and blackheads on my nose that I have tried EVERYTHING to remove, even 70% glycolic acid peels don't get rid of them, also clay masks, lactic acid, mandelic acid, BP and a million other products that I have tried don't work even using emu oil to get them to sink in the skin further Sad

Do you think this product could help me?

Im a bit worried about the almond oil, that it might break me out, anyone experienced this happening? Im basically acne free now (from using BP) so Im keen not to mess this up.
Mabsy

Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:52 am      Reply with quote

I'm so glad that more and more people are discovering the joys of Dr Hauschka cleansing cream! I used to feel bad recommending this constantly to others because a few people had tried it and did not see the same results as I had. Now all of the success stories are coming out of the woodwork Dancing Excellent! *taps fingers in a Mr Burns manner* Smile
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:43 am      Reply with quote
My only regret about the cleansing creme is that I didn't try this sooner. Very Happy For anyone wanting to reduce pore size and remove blackheads I can't recommend this enough.

Quote:
Im a bit worried about the almond oil, that it might break me out, anyone experienced this happening? Im basically acne free now (from using BP) so Im keen not to mess this up.

Before starting the creme I read that sometimes breakouts happen in the beginning, but after 5 days of twice a day use that hasn't happened to me. Smile

Hope this helps,
Stephanie
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Good for you! Sounds like you have found your HG! I tried it a while ago and didn't see the same results. But you are making me want to try it again!! Laughing
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:19 am      Reply with quote
So what is in the Dr. H Cleansing Cream that is helping with pores and blackheads? Is it the scrubbies in it? I also have very very oily skin and large pores on my nose and my cheeks in the nose area. I think I would be afraid of cleansing with a cream that would cause more oiliness?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Cleaning and using oil to combat oil is THE regimen. I use Decleor Ylang Ylang Oil (and sometimes the Neroli oil). I know, it's weird putting oil on your skin but it notifies your skin to stop producing as much oil. If you constantly strip your skin of oil (i.e., harsh toners, harsh cleansers), then your skin will want to compensate by producing more and more oil. After using Decleor's oils for quite some time now, I can honestly state that treating oily skin with oily products is a great method (of course, don't use the products that are "oily" because they help dry skin -- pick products with oil that are supposed to help OILY skin).

Dr. H's creme hasn't really broken me out . . . the soft and hydrated feeling it leaves you with isn't a "greasy" feeling. It just makes your skin feel hydrated and not "stripped" of the outer layer. I would highly recommend just TRYING this to anyone -- get a small sample or SOMETHING because it'll either work wonders for you or not at all.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I really am going to have to give in and re purchase this product and give it a second go. Im reluctant but Im feeling left out now. Crying or Very sad
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi,
When I started using it, it looked like my pores became pore clogged but then as I continued to use it they cleared up. I used to squeeze my nose and my chin almost every week because you could actually see black dots on my face. Now it's almost 3 weeks without squeezing. I am so happy that I never stoped using it.
Give it another try. You will not be dissapointed.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Im going to have to now Confused I only used it 5 times and I just didnt like it at all, the smell, the texture and the technique. I gave up too quick obviously. My pores are congested but there is nothing to squeeze out, plus I never squeeze, not good for scarring. So, I'll re order tomorrow and then hope for the best. GGGrrrrrrr you lot kill me.... Laughing
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Im going to have to now I only used it 5 times and I just didnt like it at all, the smell, the texture and the technique. I gave up too quick obviously. My pores are congested but there is nothing to squeeze out, plus I never squeeze, not good for scarring. So, I'll re order tomorrow and then hope for the best. GGGrrrrrrr you lot kill me....

I will admit that the first time I used it my initial reaction to the smell was "Yuck!" Shock Even now, I'm not crazy about it, but have gotten used to it. Like you, the texture of it was a surprise to me as well. I wasn't expecting it to look like what it did. I honestly thought, "I'm supposed to put this on my face!" Confused

It's the results of it that make me a believer. Even if your initial reaction to it is bad, I think it's worth it to give it an entire tube before deciding it's not for you.

Stephanie
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
Im going to have to now Confused I only used it 5 times and I just didnt like it at all, the smell, the texture and the technique. I gave up too quick obviously. My pores are congested but there is nothing to squeeze out, plus I never squeeze, not good for scarring. So, I'll re order tomorrow and then hope for the best. GGGrrrrrrr you lot kill me.... Laughing

Cindi, *I'll* kill you if you reorder it Exclamation You gave it to ME for a REASON, remember?? Rolling Eyes
p.s. do I need to remind you that you are happy with your skin right now? Honestly. Rolling Eyes
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:

Cindy,
I only squeeze my face when it becomes all clogged. I usually take a nice long warm shower that opens my pores. Then I use tissue wrapped around my fingers to squeeze. This way it is easier to extract dirt and since my pores are wide open I don't need to apply a lot of pressure. I never squeeze my face dry with nails Shock
MsJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I still don't get the "rolling/kneading" movement of the palms to apply this cream! Is it like playing the piano with your fingers then pressing the palm of your hand against your face? Ahhh Confused !! I'm halfway done with my cream and I still don't get the proper application, so I just use like I would with my Yonka gel nettoyant.

I'm so glad the Dr.H worked for you all, it did not work for me, I got tons of pimples on my forehead, gosh it's been ages since I had pimples like this, I feel like a teenager again. But, I am not giving up, I'll finish this thing because it is expensive and my face feels so smooth after using Dr. H cream.
Mabsy

Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:20 am      Reply with quote
MsJam wrote:
I still don't get the "rolling/kneading" movement of the palms to apply this cream! Is it like playing the piano with your fingers then pressing the palm of your hand against your face? Ahhh Confused !! I'm halfway done with my cream and I still don't get the proper application, so I just use like I would with my Yonka gel nettoyant.

Have you had a look at the video that Toe posted on another current Dr H CC thread? http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=38584 I still can't get the video to play but that's something to do with my firewall. Most others have been able to view it and from what they've written I gather it makes things a lot clearer.
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:21 am      Reply with quote
rzecka wrote:
Cindi wrote:

Cindi, *I'll* kill you if you reorder it Exclamation You gave it to ME for a REASON, remember?? Rolling Eyes
p.s. do I need to remind you that you are happy with your skin right now? Honestly. Rolling Eyes

I've still got blocked pores girl Sad
MsJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy! I just watched it and it all makes sense now. I've got a firewall too and I downloaded realplayer just fine. Go to realplayer.com I downloaded the free version and it works just fine.
TOGirl75
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Does the Dr. H Milk Cleanser work the same as the Cleaning Cream. Can someone offer a comparison? I'm currently using a sample of the Milk right now. Leaves skin soft but haven't really been wowed by it.
Mabsy

Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:14 am      Reply with quote
MsJam wrote:
Thanks Mabsy! I just watched it and it all makes sense now. I've got a firewall too and I downloaded realplayer just fine. Go to realplayer.com I downloaded the free version and it works just fine.

No worries. I actually have no probs with Real Player. But I can't view the video - "invalid data header in file "cleansing.rm", the file is not readable. *shrug* I'll try from work.
Mabsy

Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:15 am      Reply with quote
TOGirl75 wrote:
Does the Dr. H Milk Cleanser work the same as the Cleaning Cream. Can someone offer a comparison? I'm currently using a sample of the Milk right now. Leaves skin soft but haven't really been wowed by it.

No, they are two very different things. Cleansing milk is a gentle cleanser. Cleansing Cream is meant to be used on the face after you have already washed it - it's not really a cleanser more of a pore clearing treatment.
mailnat
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
You girls (and guys?) really know how to sell a product!! I'm gunna give this cleanser a go soon, the only drawback seems like the transitional period when the skin breaks out as it gets used to the product. Does this happen to everyone and how long are you plagued before the benefits kick in?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |