Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Real Purity brand pressed powder or other talc-free reco's
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the clinique stay matte powder foundation (pressed powder) but would like to try something different to see if my highly reactive, congested skin is helped by avoiding it. I don't use foundation and rely on powder to even my skin tone which is pretty much wrecked with melasma and congestion. I've tried other "mineral based" powders in the past and didn't have much luck with them (cakey, made pores big, maybe even caused congestion at the time I didn't know you had to cleanse in a special way to remove mmu, etc...).

Has anyone tried Real Purity brand pressed powder? It looks "simple". Here are the ingredients:

Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides, Organa Silica, Vitamin E, Pycnogenol

Any other simple, talc-free pressed powder reco's would be appreciated too.

Thanks.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I have not tried that but some other talc free options for you are 100% Pure face powder and also check out almost any MMU company has talc free finishing powders that are rice (meow) or silk based (lumiere). And east to find at the drugstore Physicians Formula has talc free powders.
Sophias1920
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Oh goodie! You must try Jane Iredale's and Afterglow Comsetics talc and paraben free makeup. Clinique contains ingredients that can seriously irritate the skin. Take it from someone who has skin issues because of such products. Ever since I switched makeup brands, my skin has improved a great deal.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Did you try using a flocked sponge for the minerals? I dont agree with the emphasize on brushes when this method of application for minerals can be very irritating especially if its natural hair. Synthetics however do not pick up as well unless you spritz the brush but it is way gentler on the skin. Brushes can also contribute to clogged pores and even cakiness but its all a matter of perfecting a method that works for you.

for me, I found the flocked sponge worked great as it was easier on the skin, applied evenly and covered great. No mess either.

Cos I am not sure if the brands you are looking into might cover the melasma you have. Minerals depending on the formula can be so much gentler on the skin. I found if mica was the first ingredient the mineral was not as cakey and not as drying to my skin.
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reco's. This is where I have anxiety attack - I know nothing about make-up...that's why I have only ever used pressed powder and applied it with the applicator sponge that comes with the compact. Maybe a trip to a cosmetics counter for an "application" instruction is in order.

Sakura, I don't even know what a flocked sponge is but I'll figure it out. Can you use it with any mineral makeup? I have a Kabuki (sp?) brush from Sephora - would this qualify as a brush that may cause irritation? Do you wet the sponge first? Apply in circular fashion or strokes?

I personally can't believe I have continued to use clinique powder for so long knowing in the back of my mind it was probably contributing to my skin issues....it goes back to that anxiety thing I suppose.

Shelly
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |