Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
What supplement you take daily to get changes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Those who take Krill oil, how much do you take and what benefits have you seen? I have been thinking of taking this to help my acne prone skin.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl.....thank you for the info. I'm looking forward to adding the Biosil to my already growing list of supplements.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:34 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Those who take Krill oil, how much do you take and what benefits have you seen? I have been thinking of taking this to help my acne prone skin.

I take 2000 mg krill oil a day. That is the recommended dosage on the box. A representative from the krill oil manufacturer told me that although this is their recommendation, there is no problem taking double dose if one has special health issues to solve, like joint pain and rheumatism. I am reluctant to relate my improvements to one single supplement since I swallow quite a few capsules every day, but krill oil is a good choice as it's high in omega 3 and the antioxidant astaxanthin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl , y u dun try Co-Q10 which is rave in the market. I see u take Krill oil instead.

Also why u eat the vitamins individually rather than a pc of Multi-vitamin??

At the moment, I just take vitamin C, 500mg daily. I want to add something for skin improvement and anti-aging, do you have any suggestion for me. Thanks!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Krill is a powerhouse Omega 3 and yes it has the added benefit of the antioxidant astaxanthin It is supposed to help so many things. It's one supplement I would not give up.
That and MSM and Vitamin C

I'm looking at a multiple to cover other areas - It has gotten to be crazy with the amount of supplements I take.

Sis
nicoleq

Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I take Vitamin C, Zinc, Iron & Fish Oil. I have been for about 2 months straight and noticed a difference that my hair is healthy, my skin is clearer and nails are stronger & grow!
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Where do you girls buy the Krill oil?
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:28 am      Reply with quote
evenet wrote:
Septembergirl , y u dun try Co-Q10 which is rave in the market. I see u take Krill oil instead.

Also why u eat the vitamins individually rather than a pc of Multi-vitamin??

At the moment, I just take vitamin C, 500mg daily. I want to add something for skin improvement and anti-aging, do you have any suggestion for me. Thanks!!!

Dear evenet.
You have got an inquiring mind. Laughing
You told me that my list of supplements is very long. If I added CO-Q10 it would be even longer. I have to set a limit somewhere.

I would like to buy a good multivitamin with vitamin Bs, C and D, but most of them contain vitamin A, which I don't want.

If I were to choose two supplements for skin and health, it would be a green drink (barley grass, wheat grass etc) on an empty stomach every morning and omega 3 (krill oil or fish oil). Biosil is also very good for the skin. No matter how many supplements you take, what you eat matters the most. Lots of vegetables and a low sugar intake will show on your skin.

Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:41 am      Reply with quote
haha....yes, I inquire all the time and you are expert in the beauty field!!! Laughing

I plan to buy MSM too since lots sisters praise the effect here!!!

Really need to start a beauty diary which record all the tips! Another thing I am trying is - tamanu oil for my acne mark and pock . Will report after trying longer time.

And about the Jubushe eye cream. I do think that it worths a try. Cheap and my under eye wrinkle diminish a bit- but not yet totally. But I do think it can help me to minimise more soon (just use for one month from now!)
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:44 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
Where do you girls buy the Krill oil?

Hi, m1rox.
Iherb sells a wide range of various brands of NKO krill oil. NKO is Neptune Krill Oil, which ensures you get a high quality oil.

All the brands of krill oil in this link is NKO:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductsList.aspx?c=1&cid=1572&p=1

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the useful link. I went to wikipedia and read that neptune krill oil may have higher levels of toxins than purified fish oils because it's unrefined. Is there any cause for concern with that?

Regarding the Vitamin A in multivitamin supplements, I agree with that. I've been hunting high and low for one with lower Vit. A. Perhaps the GNC Women's Ultra Mega for over 50s? I also don't want the high iron that is in a lot of women's multivitamins.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
Thanks for the useful link. I went to wikipedia and read that neptune krill oil may have higher levels of toxins than purified fish oils because it's unrefined. Is there any cause for concern with that?

I would definitely say the opposite is true. Krill are tiny, red-coloured shrimp like organisms that feed on algae and are on the bottom of the food chain, hence they are free of toxins commonly found in fish. The safety aspect is one of the reasons why I prefer krill oil to fish oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
GirlieGirl wrote:

I take 2000 mg krill oil a day. That is the recommended dosage on the box. A representative from the krill oil manufacturer told me that although this is their recommendation, there is no problem taking double dose if one has special health issues to solve, like joint pain and rheumatism. I am reluctant to relate my improvements to one single supplement since I swallow quite a few capsules every day, but krill oil is a good choice as it's high in omega 3 and the antioxidant astaxanthin.

I have to correct myself. I currently take 2000 mg a day of a product that is a blend of krill and fish oil.

I checked the dosage recommendation on 100 % pure NKO krill oil from Nature's way and NOW. They recommend 1000 mg a day, and you might double the dose for intensive use. Follow the directions on the package!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I started taking Krill oil for heart health--I have high cholesterol--but have found it's eliminated some joint pain. Haven't noticed any skincare miracles, but figure, it can't hurt!

5% products discount

Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
- Multivitamin, Centrum Silver (read on Men's Health its better than the one specifically for Men or Women)
- Vitamin C
- Omega 3
- Zinc
- Alpha Lipoic Acid
- B5
- DMAE

Most of them are great for clearing up your skin.

Is Krill oil better than the Omega 3 I'm taking?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:

I would definitely say the opposite is true. Krill are tiny, red-coloured shrimp like organisms that feed on algae and are on the bottom of the food chain, hence they are free of toxins commonly found in fish. The safety aspect is one of the reasons why I prefer krill oil to fish oil.

Thanks I feel reassured now.

I just ordered fromwww.iherb.com. They are having 99 cents shipping anywhere in the world until end of August for consignments less than 1kg in weight and USD80 or less in value. Since I'm international, that's a great deal!
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:47 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
ascorbyl palmitate is absorbed differently than a standard water-soluble vitamin C - It is fat soluble and is not excreted as readily. It can be stored in cell membranes until it is required by the body.
The absorption of water soluble vitamin C is quite quick, its penetration in cells is limited. This makes the ascorbyl palmitate a desirable addition to me as it's effects are available for a longer time.

Is there evidence that the fat soluble form of Vit. C can be absorbed? In Wikipedia, there is a suggestion that ascorbyl palmitate would be broken down in the intestine before it is absorbed but they omitted the citation.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Eric210 wrote:

Is Krill oil better than the Omega 3 I'm taking?

Hi, Eric.
I guess the answer to that question depends on whom you ask. The most important is to actually take an Omega 3 product. Krill oil has gained popularity lately because you get the extra benefits of astaxanthin, the red carotenoid that gives shrimps, salmon, krill etc their pink/red colour. Carotenoids are powerful antioxidants, known to fight free radicals and function as an internal sun protection. Krill does not concentrate mercury the same way that fish do, and it's also claimed that krill oil is more bio-available than fish oil.

Most of the information about fish oil and krill oil on the Internet is provided by manufacturers, but I found this article with some useful information. There are references in the article to two independent studies showing the positive effects of krill oil on chronic inflammation and arthritis and regulation of blood lipids.

http://www.healthcentral.com/diabetes/c/17/20232/krill-oil/2

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:33 am      Reply with quote
If you want the details of the comparison between Krill oil and Fish oil in lowering cholesterol, please refer to this link:
http://www.rejuvenation-science.com/n_nko_lipids.html

The most relevant conclusion for us is that 1.5g per day of krill oil is more effective than 3.0g of fish oil for lowering the levels of "bad" cholesterol (LDL-cholesterol). In fact, if you look at the group taking 3g per day of fish oil (which is a big dose), there is in fact, little change in the cholesterol levels (less than 5%) compared to those taking 1 to 1.5g krill oil per day where there was 25% reduction in "bad" cholesterol and 43% elevation in "good" cholesterol levels. Although the number of patients in each group is small (30), but this is a big difference in choleterol effect even with small numbers for comparison.
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
if i am allergic to seafood, can i take the fish oil/krill? i also want to know MSM stand for? thanks~
septembergirl, why you don't want vitamin A supplement?
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
If you are allergic to shellfish (e.g. prawns, crabs, etc), you can't take krill oil. It is a type of shellfish.

If you are not allergic to fish, then you may be able to take fish oil.

If you are allergic to all seafood, then you can't take krill oil or fish oil. You have to look to other sources of omega-3, e.g. flaxseed oil.
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for your information~ Razz
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Multi Vitamin for women
Apex Fat Burn 1
Omega 3
CoQ10
Alpha Lipoic Acid

But with what I see in the above posts, I think i will also start taking MSM
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:07 am      Reply with quote
masaholly wrote:

septembergirl, why you don't want vitamin A supplement?

Hi, masaholly.
Since vitamin A is fat soluble, dangerous levels can build up in our body if we take too much over time. There has also been some research suggesting that levels of vitamin A that previously were regarded as safe, may weaken women's bones and increase the risk of fractures.

Most people who eat a healthy diet will get sufficient vitamin A. A deficiency is very rare. You get vitamin A through green and yellow vegetables, yellow fruit and animal sources like whole eggs, butter, cheese and milk. I take a "green drink" with barley grass powder every day that's rich in beta carotene. Beta carotene is converted into vitamin A in our body as needed, and will not cause toxicity or bone loss/fractures.

5% products discount

Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,

I am a big believer in vitamins and supplements even tho I eat a healthy diet 90% of the time.

Have had issues with bad skin all my life in spite of the fact that I take better care of my
skin than most women I know.

Has anyone heard of Life Extension? I buy most of my supplements from them because of good quality.

I space intake of my vitamins and supplements through out the day because I take so many.

Vit C
Vit E
Vit B complex
Vit D3 (5000 iu)
MSM (2000 mg)
Bone Restore (Life Extension)
Resveratrol (Life Extension)
Super Zeaxanthin ( Life Ext) for eye health
Super Alpha-Lipoic Acid with Biotin(2500mcg)
(LE))
Arginine/Ornithine Complex(LE)
Gyycine (LE)
Ashwagandha EXtract (LE)
Acetyl-Lcarnitine Arginate(LE)
AG Pro amino acids
Royal Jelly (500 mg)
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |