Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Vivier Vitamin-C IDS High Potency Serum 20%
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
gillian
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I am 39 and use Cellcosmet, which Vivier Vit C serum should I put on my face. It is confusing because there is a few different types Vit C + E, Vit C + K.

Any recommendations, Can you use it around your eyes.

How does this compare to the Janson Becketts C + C serum, has anyone tried it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:53 am      Reply with quote
I am bringing up this old thread, as I am trying to decide between Vivier and Skinmedica! Is anyone still using this product?

Has anyone used both and could you share what results you got from either of them?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I am bringing up this old thread, as I am trying to decide between Vivier and Skinmedica! Is anyone still using this product?

Has anyone used both and could you share what results you got from either of them?

I have never tried Skinmedica and would only consider to use it if the strength is stronger than 20%. So far, I'm very happy with Vivier.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare, have you found this V to be stable, meaning it is not turning color on you? Also, if you have any hyperpigmentation, does this seem to help with that? Thanks in advance.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for review Very Happy
After my PSF vit C serum runs out, I will definately buy the Vivier 20%. Wink
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Skincare, have you found this V to be stable, meaning it is not turning color on you? Also, if you have any hyperpigmentation, does this seem to help with that? Thanks in advance.

Extremely stable! As for hyperpigmentation, I can't say for that but my freckles have faded and the tone of my skin looks good. Maybe you should look into Obagi...I think it is also a bestseller here on EDS. It will help lighten your skin but the strength of the vitamic C is lower than 20%, but that is okay. Maybe later you wish to start Vivier then.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you. I am looking for something after I finish Obagi! Very Happy
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Your welcome. Smile

I know for sure that EDS does have samples of Vivier serums, but I have no idea if they have 20%.
mumushop
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Your welcome. Smile

I know for sure that EDS does have samples of Vivier serums, but I have no idea if they have 20%.

EDS sent only Vivier serum 10 (sample size) for me. Not sure they have serum 20 or not.

For the Vivier serum 20 I really love it.
It make my face brightening.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
It's so popular product. Which ages that suit for vitamin c 20% or any ages can use it.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I was told that you have to slowly build up to it. I've been using 20% for over 3 years. I wish I could go higher but it's not available.

I've read that this dermo is using 25% but she said that it is very strong. I guess it must really burn instead of having that mild tingle feeling when you first start with vitamin C. Confused
PrettyPinky
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I have started using this over two years ago. It was my first time trying a Vit. C product and when I discovered this forum...it was hard for me to write a decent review because I have not tried a lot of different brands.

I have tried Cellex-C and found the texture to be watery and difficult to apply to my face. Then I tried Vivier, first starting with 5% for my eyes and 10% for my face. It was gradual and started applying it every three days, the every other day. Then I moved up to 20% and I could not believe the instant change in my pores, skin texture and just the brightness of my skin. I looked less tired and literally, looked younger and refreshed.

ISC Super Serum became very popular here and I had to try it. I loved it because it did not cause me to break out. I also tried Skinceuticals CE furlic and that made me get acne.

I was disappointed that ISC super serum turned colour after about a month and a half. I could not tell if my face looked even brighter then it already is.
When I finished the bottle, I went back to Vivier Vitamin-C IDS 20% and I noticed a huge difference.

The texture of this serum is thicker, made me panic when I thought there is oil in it but there isn't and leaves a nice glow. I can apply my Cellcosmet Ultra Vital cream or the Sensetive cream on top and I don't feel any heavy feeling on my skin. Then I apply my Skinceuticals sunblock and I'm done.

As for the fine lines I used to have on my crow feet, I no longer have them and I truly believe that Vivier was the product that smoothed it out. I think it also helped that I mixed Baking Soda with Cetaphil as a scrub for my face & body.

I am so happy with Vivier Vitamin C and I will repurchase again.

After reading this review I also wanna try but my skin is very very sensitive, do you think i should try?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
What is the difference betwee Vivier Vit C with Keritin and Vivier vit C 10% and 20%
guru
5% products discount

Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
PrettyPinky wrote:
[....

After reading this review I also wanna try but my skin is very very sensitive, do you think i should try?

if you want to try why not try sample size first. Wink
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
guru wrote:
PrettyPinky wrote:
[....

if you want to try why not try sample size first. Wink

I would apply it once a week at the beginning and go from there. It is a long process but at times, sometimes I read that Vitamin C was proven to be effective.

This product will tingle if you've never tried vitamin C. I discovered Vivier before I joined EDS and those girls from the spa reminded me that to take my time with it. She said to start every two days or something like that but I found that my skin tingled a tad too much. I went back to return the product and she said that I would regret it. She said to try again and this time, apply every three days or if I wanted to, once a week or once every two weeks.

Personally, I have no regrets getting Vivier but if Vivier does not work for you, EDS has other skin care lines you may want to try.
guntz
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:07 am      Reply with quote
PrettyPinky wrote:
Skincare wrote:
I have started using this over two years ago. It was my first time trying a Vit. C product and when I discovered this forum...it was hard for me to write a decent review because I have not tried a lot of different brands.

I have tried Cellex-C and found the texture to be watery and difficult to apply to my face. Then I tried Vivier, first starting with 5% for my eyes and 10% for my face. It was gradual and started applying it every three days, the every other day. Then I moved up to 20% and I could not believe the instant change in my pores, skin texture and just the brightness of my skin. I looked less tired and literally, looked younger and refreshed.

ISC Super Serum became very popular here and I had to try it. I loved it because it did not cause me to break out. I also tried Skinceuticals CE furlic and that made me get acne.

I was disappointed that ISC super serum turned colour after about a month and a half. I could not tell if my face looked even brighter then it already is.
When I finished the bottle, I went back to Vivier Vitamin-C IDS 20% and I noticed a huge difference.

The texture of this serum is thicker, made me panic when I thought there is oil in it but there isn't and leaves a nice glow. I can apply my Cellcosmet Ultra Vital cream or the Sensetive cream on top and I don't feel any heavy feeling on my skin. Then I apply my Skinceuticals sunblock and I'm done.

As for the fine lines I used to have on my crow feet, I no longer have them and I truly believe that Vivier was the product that smoothed it out. I think it also helped that I mixed Baking Soda with Cetaphil as a scrub for my face & body.

I am so happy with Vivier Vitamin C and I will repurchase again.

Pretty Pinky :

You may try Vit C 10% first then step to higher level. Wink
littleprakhem
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Arghhhh, Rolling Eyes

After reading this topic, I'm soooo tempted to give vivier a try. Say "bye bye" to my money. Laughing Still, i have to finish cellular rx vit C first.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great review, Skincare. This product sounds stellar. I am very excited about trying this soon!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe the next vit.C go-round I'll give this a try. I have used skinceuticals C&E and liked it. My favorite so far (less expensive also - which I really like) but this sounds too good to pass up.

<<home-based-business product plug edited by moderators>>
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:28 am      Reply with quote
So it contains "fragrance"???
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I want to try this too. I will ask for a sample with my next EDS order.

Is it suitable for oily acne prone skin ?
If I use BP do I use the vit C before or after ? Is it better to use one in the day time and one at night ?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C is the first thing to go on, and you should wait at least 15 minutes before adding anything over it.

It's best in the morning, when it gives added protection against UV from sunlight.
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:48 am      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Vitamin C is the first thing to go on, and you should wait at least 15 minutes before adding anything over it.

It's best in the morning, when it gives added protection against UV from sunlight.

Thank's flitcraft... Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:

I called EDS on Friday about this very issue! I asked why does the website say, "visit the spa" for the Vivier products and was told that you DO NOT have to appear in person to purchase any of them. The manufacturer of Vivier wants people to call EDS and have any questions answered about the products before they purchase. It is only a formality and not a necessity. I was also told you can still order the Vivier products online (though I have not tried this yet). HTH Smile

Hi ScotsLass,
Thanks for finding out we can still order the product, I live in Australia now and would love to try this product. I found PSF 20% vitamin C changed colour and i didn't want to apply it to my skin and finish the bottle so I'm excited to try Vivier.
If its going to last alot longer Yah!! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, i didn't realise there were a few pages to this review - just finished reading the other pages Laughing

flitcraft wrote:

Hi Flitcraft - do you wait that long for your skin to absorb the Vivier C product or does it give your skin a chance for product to start working before you apply anything else on your skin???

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |