Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
FINACEA findings~ please read
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Mine says it is Finacea gel, but it is not a "gel" at all. It is a very light weight cream. I wil get the website I originally ordered it from and post it tomorrow. It is on my favorites on my work computer, not my laptop. Stay tuned.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Most people are using the GEL. Unless they are on insurance in the US and they get the cream prescribed for them. But those without prescription are ordering from Australian websites because Finacea is an over-the-counter medication over there. Google on Australian yahoo or google and you will find a few Aussie online pharmacy websites that sell Finacea. Approx cost is about USD25 including shipping. Some US girls said that might be even cheaper than going to the derm in the US to get it on insurance. I'm not sure what the US insurance system is.
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Doodles, my skin is and has been very much like yours, as you describe it. Oiliness and acne started at 12 for me, and still continues. At 49, my breakouts are much less, but I still have clogged pores and tremendous oiliness in my t-zone. And I also get weird jawline breakouts that just sit there and do nothing; I think this is pre-menopausal stuff and it's been going on for about six months. Like you, the only time I wasn't oily was when I was on Accutane. My skin was gorgeous then!

I just can't wait to see my derm next week, on Tuesday. I'll let you all know what happens!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
Mine says it is Finacea gel, but it is not a "gel" at all. It is a very light weight cream. I wil get the website I originally ordered it from and post it tomorrow. It is on my favorites on my work computer, not my laptop. Stay tuned.

Thanks in advance for sharing the website...I would definitely need the cream for my drier skin. But if this will help with my pigmented cheeks I am ready to ORDER!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I ended up with Skinoren, which has azaelic acid from the inhouse pharmacy. I tried it last night and woke up with much smaller pores in the area I put it on, and although it itched, no breakouts!
So far, very promising.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:17 am      Reply with quote
How much was the Skinoren and what % azelaic acid? Is it a cream formulation?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
It was 24.00 dollars, cream formula and the percentage was 20. I've ordered from them for years and they are VERY reputable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Skin Actives and Garden of Wisdom are both selling a derivative of Azelaic Acid it's called Azeloyl Glycine:

http://www.skinactives.com/products/azeloylglycine.htm

This azelaic acid derivative will help the skin to renew itself faster, reducing pimple and blackhead formation; it also helps to kill the bacteria found in acne and rosacea. Applied topically, it will help in the treatment of comedonal acne and inflammatory acne, and of hyperpigmentation, including melasma.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the finacea "gel" and I've noticed my face getting a bit dry now. For me, it definitely has oil reducing properties. I'm only using it once a day in the morning, with renova (tretinoin) at night. I think I may have to cut it down to alternate days. But it has helped to reduce blackheads on nose and chin and pores look smaller these days. I'm still getting itching even after 3 weeks of usage. But since my skin is improving, I put up with it.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
It was 24.00 dollars, cream formula and the percentage was 20. I've ordered from them for years and they are VERY reputable.

AnnieR, may I ask where you ordered this from?

Thanks!
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I started the Finacea last night, and this morning used it too. No itchiness at all. I will update in a week or so, see how its going along with the Renova, which Ive been using for about 8 months.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I've been using mine for a week now I think, obviously it's far too soon to say whether it's effective for me. The great thing about it that I love though is that it stays matte on my face, and i'm not put off using it during the day since I hate my skin looking greasy or oily. Some parts of my face feel a little itchy after i've applied it but the feeling soon goes.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I ordered it from inhousepharmacy.com, love them and have used them for years.
I woke up the last two mornings to smaller pores and more evened tone in my complexion. The pessimist in me is waiting for the uglies to begin as I love what it has done so far. They say it helps also reduce and fade the red spots from leftover acne, which would be great.
Thanks for starting this thread, this could be a lot of help to a lot of people! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I ordered mine originally on epharmacy.com before I got the prescription. It did take a good two+ weeks before I got it, but since it is pretty cheap, for me cheaper than my prescription, I just ordered a couple tubes so I have it on hand. I am sure at some point it may lose it potency, but I don't really think I am getting the newest batch when I order it from a pharmacy or on line? Does anyone have information on how long the shelf live is for Finacea? I am curious

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
Does anyone have information on how long the shelf live is for Finacea? I am curious

The expiry date on the tube I just bought is October 2010 - so that's two years.
Morphy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone here tried Azeloyl Glycine? What does it mean when they say it is a "derivative" of Azelaic acid?

It's so cheap, I think I might give it a try.

http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=11
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
How long is everyone waiting in the a.m. after you apply the finacea, before you apply other stuff, like moisturizer or sunscreen?
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
So I went to my docotor and go an RX for Finacea, she had never heard of the stuff, but we have a good relationship and she knows I did my research. I got the Rx and headed to my pharmacy- they don't carry it!!!! I tried another pharmacy and they don't carry it either! Apparently it is not available in canada in regular pharmacies yet??

I went ahead and ordered it online from epharmacy in austrailia as someone suggested. I ordered two tubes of the gel, hopefully I will get my good soon! Can't wait to try this stuff! I have some monsters errupting on my skin due to fertility drugs.......hopefully this stuff works!!!!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Finacea for about a week - I don't have acne or rosacea but thought I'd give it a try on freckles and pores. On my face, I've been applying it on top of Retin-A (after waiting 30 mins). I was a little worried about this at first but I've had no reaction at all, barely any stinging. I have very bad sun damage on my chest (which is extremely sensitive), however, the Finacea is not causing me any problems there either. I'm sure that the dark patches on my chest are looking a little lighter but the pharmacist I purchased it from told me that it takes 5 weeks before you start to see results. I also think that the pores on my nose are looking better.

I should also say that I'm applying it morning and night. It's fine under makeup as it just sinks into the skin. As for wait times, I wait 15 mins or so before applying my moisturiser but if I don't have the time - I don't stress about it and continue my routine as per usual.
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Zephyr, did you get your prescription for Finacea?. My skin seems to be improving daily and is hardly oily at all anymore. I only have to blot once or twice a day instead of once or twice an hour. I have started to use my Tazorac again every other night - mostly for antiaging. I use the Finacea on alternate nights and every morning. Anyway, I hope you (and everyone else) has great results as well!
zephyr
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Doodles, yes, I did! I came here this a.m. to post about it, and and saw your post!

My derm is such a sweetheart, she lets me try anything, so wrote out the script right away. And she gave me her personal email address so I can let her know how the Finacea works for me. She's only prescribed it for rosacea and is really curious how I do with it.

Soooo, I dashed to the pharmacy on Tuesday early afternoon, right after my appointment, and filled the prescription. My derm prescribed the 15% "gel", which is really a light cream. As is my custom when I see my derm, I had no makeup on whatsoever, just sunscreen around my eyes. As soon as I got back into the house I blotted my skin, and put some Finacea on. Laughing Had a little prickly-tingling feeling, but that subsided in a few minutes. An hour or so later, my skin didn't look oily, just a little dewey. Interesting!

I've been using the Finacea twice a day now since then. And I'm definitely already seeing differences. I'm so excited! Less oiliness, though it's still there, especially on my forehead. Pores on my nose are smaller. My skin in general is more refined in appearance. This just after two days!

I noticed last night that I had almost none of that prickly feeling after my Finacea application, but it's also possible I fell asleep right away, I've been so tired, and just wasn't awake for it. Also, I think I may be getting some slight purging, some stuff coming up that I know has been lurking under the surface on my nose and forehead. Nothing serious. Anyone notice that? The same thing happend to me with Accutane several years ago; that didn't last more than a few days.

I will try the Finacea on my chest area, too, just like Keliu has posted. I have sun damage there, from years and years ago; a slight pinkish-mottled-ropey effect that I hate, and occasional breakouts. Keliu, I do think it's possible to see fading, even after a week, judging by what I've seen on my face after just a few days!

Not Finacea-related, but my derm also gave me Renova, specifically for under my eyes. My Tazorac cream was just too strong for that area. I'm seeing improvement there already, too!

Keeping my fingers crossed for more progress on both Finacea and Renova fronts, the battlegrounds of my face Laughing !!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I started with the Renova and my skin burned and peeled horribly, so now I am back to phase one. I have to wait this reptile skin out and then I will start back just on the skinoren, no renova
for me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to Septermbergirl's suggestion from this thread, I ended up buying the Benev Azalex Gel from essentialdayspa. It's expensive and has some draw-backs (I will be leaving a detailed review), but it does work wonderfully without side effects!!!

My problem has been persistent red spots that get inflamed and turn to acne whenever I'm stressed out, get flushed or eat sugar (only sucrose or sucralose but not fructose). I have suffered for years and spent an unimaginable amount of money on trying to solve this problem.

The azelaic acid seems to be working in just one week! I'm so thankful to you all for sharing your wealth of knowledge and help!
I've also gone ahead and ordered the cream version from epharmacy to compare it since it's so cheap.

By the way, I went to a well-known dermatologist here in Canada to ask about Azelaic acid. He told me it was useless and not used in Canada, because it was outdated. Boy, was he wrong!!!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Morphy wrote:
Thanks to Septembergirl's suggestion from this thread, I ended up buying the Benev Azalex Gel from essentialdayspa. It's expensive and has some draw-backs (I will be leaving a detailed review), but it does work wonderfully without side effects!!!

Yes, Benev Azalex Gel is expensive, but I am happy to hear that it works well for you. I might try it myself some time. I look forward to learning about the drawbacks of this gel in your review! What is the consistency like? Is it a transparent gel?

TIA. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Septembergirl,

It is a clear gel that's nearly odourless. It does contain alcohol which seems to evaporate quickly. When you put it on, it creates a layer over the skin. The two main drawbacks for me were:

a. I can not wear it under make-up - it makes it look uneven.

b. I could be wrong, but I get the feeling this bottle won't last me more than 30 days at the utmost. At this rate, it's really quite expensive.

However, if the current results can be maintained (at the very least) or improved further (i.e. complete elimination of any trace of red spots), and if the cheaper cream I've ordered doesn't work, I'd definitely purchase again.

As mentioned, I'll write a more detailed review, probably over the weekend.

Let me know if there's anything else you want to know in the meantime.

Morph

p.s. I'll also be trying to evaluate, over the next weeks/months the effect on hirsutism - if any. I heard azelaic acid can inhibit 5 alpha-reductase activity in the skin.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |