Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Dermalogica Anti-Bac Skin Wash
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

I'm really quite impressed with Dermalogica's Anti-Bac Skin Wash. It's primary ingredients are Triclosan and Salicylic Acid and it also includes the cool minty feeling that we all love so much.

It's not a drying product, however. Dermalogica's Dermal Clay Cleanser started to dry out my skin after regular use, so I can only use it occasionally. The Anti-Bac cleanser, however, is very smooth and light (but not as light as Yonka's Gel Nettoyant).

It's a clear gel formula and foams up BEYOND belief -- it's SO great. A little goes a long way, too. It glides onto your skin (much like Yonka's Gel Nettoyant) and really removes all the uncleanliness -- my skin feels really clean after washing (not to mention tingly) but I don't feel like my skin's been stripped of its natural oils.

I haven't used the Anti-Bac skin wash as a make-up remover only because it's probably more "medicated" due to the salicylic acid (i.e. I'm afraid to use it on my eyes). Therefore, I still use Yonka's Gel Nettoyant as my all-purpose make up remover (and oh, how I do love Yonka).

I guess the reasons I love the Anti-Bac skin wash are threefold:
1) It glides onto your face like Yonka's Gel Nettoyant -- very smooth gliding action -- no need to press down on your face, just move your hands around and you can feel the product working.
2) The tingly feeling (hee hee hee), and
3) It really leaves a clean, non-stripped feeling after washing; it's not drying at all.

Lisa
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dermalogica Anti-Bac Skin Wash (250 ml / 8.4 oz.)

A naturally-foaming face wash with antibacterial Triclosan and Salicylic Acid to remove acne bacteria and pore-clogging oil. Exclusive Skin Response Complex calms irritated skin and helps promote healing. Acne-prone/oily skin conditions.

Replaced by {{7907}}.

thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just finished up my sample of this myself, and would have to say it's way better than Murad's clarifying cleanser which I don't care for. The reason I'm comparing the two is because they both contain Triclosan and Salicylic Acid, and are acne gel cleansers. But this one I can actually use over my eyes with no problem unlike the Murad one. But I wouldn't purchase this for 2 reasons: 1. sodium lauryl sulfate and 2. I don't like gel cleansers. But definitely this is one of the better gel cleansers I've tried. Still haven't tried the yonka one :P
Mabsy

Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:06 am      Reply with quote
Could you guys tell me how it compares in the mintyness factor to the Dermal Clay Cleanser? And also, Thoughtcrime, are you saying that this doesn't sting at all when you use it over your eye area? I tend to avoid the eye area with the Dermal Clay one to avoid the 'super fresh eyeball' feeling that I find rather unpleasant (my eyes agree with me).

I swear you are fueling my cleanser * spam alert * at the worst possible time! I've promised myself that this month I'm starting to use up what I have. I have 1/3 of the YonKa cleanser left (I'm quite liberal with it, though really there's no need. I just like the smell Smile). About 1/2 of the Decleor cleansing oil left, 3/4 of the Dermal Clay one, 30mL bottle of the MD Formulations one (haven't tried yet), a 30mL bottle of an Orlane one (also haven't tried) and an almost full jar of my Eve Lom. I'd like to put in an EDS order in February so I'm hoping that I'll get through enough to justify 'stocking up' on another cleanser... Smile
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:

A naturally-foaming face wash with antibacterial Triclosan and Salicylic Acid to remove acne bacteria and pore-clogging oil. Exclusive Skin Response Complex calms irritated skin and helps promote healing. Acne-prone/oily skin conditions.

Replaced by {{7907}}.

alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Mabsy
I tend to avoid the eye area with the Dermal Clay one to avoid the 'super fresh eyeball' feeling that I find rather unpleasant (my eyes agree with me).
Mabsy, you are SO FUNNY! Many of your posts have me laughing out loud. Are you by any chance a writer? You should be cuz you have such a way with words!Very Happy

--Alohagirl:P
Mabsy

Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:47 am      Reply with quote
LOL Hey Alohagirl Smile

Me!? Writer?! Not a chance! It's trully how the Dermal Clay Cleanser feels when it gets in your eyes, I swear! It doesn't sting but it's cooling and minty. I love that feeling, but NOT in my eyes (though it IS preferable to stinging pain!). There's really no other way of describing it than "super fresh eyeball" Smile

Cool
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, I didn't find the anti-bac to be all that minty; it's more refreshing to me. There is no comparison in terms of mintyness with the dermal clay cleanser-- the clay wins hands down. I agree the dermal clay cleanser is very uncomfortable when used over the eyes. You described it perfectly and here's the visual to go along with it Shock !!

p.s. you sound like me with the cleansers. Right now I have Dermalogica ultra calming cleanser, Juvena Co-Q10, MD formuations non-glycolic, and Murad clarifying cleanser. What's you're favorite cleanser and what determines which cleanser you're going to use since you have about 6? do you just rotate them? As far me, I'm using the Dermalogica for now, and using the Juvena to remove eye makeup. I don't like the M.D., so I clean my makeup brushes with it, and I don't like the Murad one, so that's used for my body, namely back and arms.
Mabsy

Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Originally posted by thoughtcrime
You described it perfectly and here's the visual to go along with it Surprised !!!

LOL! That's a beauty of a visual on-line representation!

Quote:

p.s. you sound like me with the cleansers. Right now I have Dermalogica ultra calming cleanser, Juvena Co-Q10, MD formuations non-glycolic, and Murad clarifying cleanser. What's you're favorite cleanser and what determines which cleanser you're going to use since you have about 6? do you just rotate them? As far me, I'm using the Dermalogica for now, and using the Juvena to remove eye makeup. I don't like the M.D., so I clean my makeup brushes with it, and I don't like the Murad one, so that's used for my body, namely back and arms. :P

Well, I have three favourite cleansers; the YonKa one (generally use this in the mornings nowadays), the Dermal Clay one which I alternate with the YonKa, and the Decleor Oil which I really like to use at night to take off all my makeup (eye makeup included). When I'm not wearing makeup I use the Dermal Clay one at night as well. That's pretty much what I'm using at the moment, well in general anyway. Sometimes I use just one of those cleansers for days at a time. Not sure what it depends on really...

The MDF and Orlane I have not tried yet and the Eve Lom, while really good, is tedious to use so I'm taking a break from it. I will get stuck into these when I finish off what I'm using at the moment.

How are you finding the Juvena Co-Q10 cleanser?

Mabsy.

ps. Origins Never a Dull Moment is my brushes' current fave (I really don't like the smell of that cleanser!).
Gabriel
5% products discount

Tue May 25, 2004 8:13 am      Reply with quote
[quote]But I wouldn't purchase this for 2 reasons: 1. sodium lauryl sulfate[/quote]

Hi thoughtcrime! Smile

Tell me, why was this your first reason? What does sodium lauryl do? I'm curious thanks Very Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2004 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gabriel
sodium lauryl sulfate is a potential irritant that is in just about everything from car cleaners to toothpaste. I do not use anything that contains it as I am very sensitive to it. In toothpaste, it irritates my mouth causing cankersores. I hardly get them now just from switching toothpastes. Check out this link for more details on the subject.
http://www.healthy-communications.com/slsmostdangerousirritant.html

HTH
wiffy
5% products discount

Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:51 am      Reply with quote
I read somewhere that this SLS scare is an urban legend. see link below:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/weekly/aa090998.htm

Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've read that post too before, and it may possibly be a myth that it causes cancer, what doesn't cause cancer these days. But it is true that it is a potential irritant for some people. It is for me especially in toothpastes. You can do a search on the link between cankersores and SLS.
Mabsy

Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Yes, that was a bit of a hoax email making rounds a few years back. However, as Thoughtcrime pointed out, there are people who are very sensitive to it. Many people have problems with it in toothpastes and I believe chemotherapy patients can also become sensitive to it as well.

I have also read that some people who constantly have a rash of tiny little bumps on their chin and around the mouth area could _possibly_ be sensitive to SLS as well.

I've just started using Squigle toothpaste. I'm getting toothpaste sent over from the US now Rolling Eyes

mabsy
wiffy
5% products discount

Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:44 am      Reply with quote
oic, thanks both for the clarification.

I always have tiny rash bumps on both of my upper arms... wonder if i could be allergic to something all along? *worried*

5% products discount

Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
good thing i did a search, was wondering if Dermalogica's product for anti-bacterial wash was good but that Sodium Laureth Sulfate has me wondering now Confused
Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
This product is great - it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry. I have quite sensitive skin and I have had not flare ups what so ever. Definitely - recommend this one.
Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Okay so not so long ago I thought this product was great but recently I have noticed that my skin has been dry and not able to absorb moisturiser very well, so after reading the reviews I thought that maybe it had somthing to do with it. I changed clensers and the problem is all but gone. thought it might just be a hormonal thing - but maybe not. Hmm?
I don't think I will use this one again.
Embarassed Sad
hannahwebbo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I recently ordered the Anti bac cleanser which i am eagerly awaiting. I decided to order it so that i had something to use in the morning before my Daily Microfoliant as im currently just using a drug store brand at the mo. I had read some good reviews about this product and as i have normal/ combination skin which can get abit oily on my forehead i thought that this would be a good try.

Ill let you know how it is when it arrives.

Hannah
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I have been using dermalogica's anti bac cleanser for months now (I rotate btw Alpha Hydrox and this stuff). I am really impressed with it...not only for the cleansing but the blemish healing properties. After a pretty brutal facial I had many red bumps that if I left alone would have gotten really bad (the chic tried to extract my cystic acne)!!!! I washed with this stuff then put a little on each bump and left it there over night...woke up to no huge bumps...face was calm in about 2 days...which is unheard of for me!

This stuff is a winner for me.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |