Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Weleda Birch Cellulite Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Unfortunately for me, just because you're underweight does not mean that you don't have cellulite. I've eaten more than my fair share of junk food over the years (doing a detox next week) and I noticed some time ago that when I squish my skin together on my thighs you may as well paint me orange and call me one... Luckily, it doesn't actually show normally but I was rather unimpressed to discover that it is starting to show in some situations (e.g. picture cross legged yoga position). Of course, this could also be because I've done no proper exercise for years, but let's leave that thought alone for now *takes another handful of mint M&Ms*. I was browsing through the MUA cellulite product reviews and the Weleda oil stood out to me. So, of course, I couldn't resist and bought a bottle.

Fast forward about a month of twice daily use (most days anyway) and here we are. I'm liking this oil, it has a nice citrusy herbal scent to it and is quite a thick oil (vs. say, the Dermalogica Stress Relief oil which is the body oil that I am most familiar with) so it's nice to work with. It strikes me as pretty slow to absorb into the skin (at least fully) so it does feel a bit oily for a while which may not be a hit with some but I don't mind it and it does a great job of moisturising the skin. I use it straight out of the shower on damp skin when I can, otherwise I just apply on dry skin.

So, has it helped with cellulite? I'm not entirely sure, so I'll say no here for now. I say I'm not sure because it does actually make my skin look better. I've only been using it on my thighs and it has helped to improve the texture and firmness of the skin so I'm pretty happy with that alone. I have not been using it for the amount of time required (you're supposed to massage in for 5 minutes, I massage it in maybe for 2-3 minutes) but since the massage is probably the #1 component of ANY cellulite treatment, I have just purchased a nice massager with infrared heat and plan on using that to massage in the oil every evening.

Will I repurchase this? Well, I'm not done with my first bottle but a parcel with 5 bottles just arrived at my door yesterday. What can I say, when I like a product I tend to stock up when there is a sale Smile That obviously means that I am planning to continue using this oil and will report back in a month or so with an update. I have also just joined the gym recently so this may (and I hope does) positively affect the situation as well assuming that I will actually GO to the gym instead of sitting here on the couch (albeit with very well oiled thighs...) eating M&Ms *grabs another handful of mint M&Ms*. Well, it is 10pm so at least I have an excuse for not being at the gym.... Smile

5% products discount

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy,
Also check out what people are saying about iodine supplementation for cellulite on the "Cure Zone", as well as for many other ills. Maybe that is why many potions include some type of seaweed.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ginderella. I did a search and found the iodine thread you started a while ago. Very interesting stuff. I'll read up on the Cure Zone as well, thank you. I just want to make sure though that I don't lose weight (I'm already underweight as it is and always struggling to put it on) and it sounds like iodine might speed up the metabolism... Anyway, more reading required on my part. Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:57 am      Reply with quote
The Weleda oil did nothing for my cellulite either. I think it is less expensive to use jojoba or a combination of several oils rather than purchase this. You can still get a nice effect and it certainly helps with dry skin.
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:52 am      Reply with quote
is there no cure for cellulite? I think the answer probably is yes. but exercising and massage help to reduce it.

for me, I don't mind th have cellulite because i got the aweful stretch marks on my thigns . i hate it
is there anything help to reduce it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
I used a whole bottle of the Weleda Birch Oil and it did nothing for my Cellulite. I agree it has quite a nice citrusy aroma, but as you said, Mabsy, it doesn't really absorb into the skin all that much and I'm one of those who did not like the oily feeling that stayed with me all day.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
The Vaculifters are great for cellulite - very very effective.

I alternate using them, and a big infra red body massager by medisana, which also is very effective.
Mabsy

Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear you say that the body massagers are also effective. I just bought a Homedics Therapist Select massager and was planning on using it with the oil (and heat) to try to enhance effectiveness.

catski wrote:
The Vaculifters are great for cellulite - very very effective.

I alternate using them, and a big infra red body massager by medisana, which also is very effective.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Oakview wrote:
The Weleda oil did nothing for my cellulite either. I think it is less expensive to use jojoba or a combination of several oils rather than purchase this. You can still get a nice effect and it certainly helps with dry skin.

My review is the same and I really loved the scent and hated the fact that it left a nasty grease on my shower stall floor! Quite dangerous Shock

I need to cut back on caffeine, salt, processed foods to get some positive results.
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I used the Weleda cellulite oil as well. About two bottle but I am not consistant with it, so I cannot say it helped.

I think if we use it twice/ day everyday for 3-4 months... then we will notice a difference.

Patience is a virtue...LOL
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:27 am      Reply with quote
This oil sounds intriguing. I wouldn't mind trying it. I love using avocado oil after I shower. I prefer oil to lotion, so if this oil helps firm up skin, and rids cellulite, the better.
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I always like your reviews, Mabsy. I don't really have a cellulite issue (I have enough others to keep me occupied), but I love most things Weleda. Where is a good place to purchase their products? I've only gotten mine at WalGreens, and they're sorta pricey. I love, love, love Weleda Sea Buckthorn lotion and body wash.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
Mabsy

Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, catballou. Sorry I can't help with best place in US to get Weleda. I'm actually in Australia and ended up buying it here locally - it was a bit of an impulse purchase. EDS does carry the oil but I'm not sure how it compares price-wise to WalGreens.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Mabsy (I didn't notice the cool accent! ) Very Happy
I'll keep searching. Weleda just seems like a quiet, no-hype company that delivers quality products.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
sofiya
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:39 am      Reply with quote
is it really that good?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:34 am      Reply with quote
That's the oil I use with my Vacuum Therapy machine! I used it before I bought the machine and, to my big suprise, noticed some skin smoothing effects. I didnt expect much out of the oil but it does somehow work. Wink
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:02 am      Reply with quote
My cellulite is minimal, but I saw little improvement with the Weleda oil. I think any improvement can be better attributed to massaging the skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
ive been using this and i like it. my skin is much smoother and softer now that i have been using it.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
ive been using this and i like it. my skin is much smoother and softer now that i have been using it.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
I nearly bought this the other day as there was 20% off but I wanted to come here and check the reviews first. Laughing
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
its very nice! i'm sure you will enjoy it. it has a very refreshing citrusy smell that makes me feel good after i shower
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
smqueen wrote:
its very nice! i'm sure you will enjoy it. it has a very refreshing citrusy smell that makes me feel good after i shower

Thanks smqueen Smile I will get this next month when they have 20% off. Even if it doesnt havent a huge effect atleast its good for the skin Smile
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
catballou wrote:
I always like your reviews, Mabsy. I don't really have a cellulite issue (I have enough others to keep me occupied), but I love most things Weleda. Where is a good place to purchase their products? I've only gotten mine at WalGreens, and they're sorta pricey. I love, love, love Weleda Sea Buckthorn lotion and body wash.

Catballou,

I'd like to try Weleda's Sea Buckthorn body wash.

Does it lather well like drug store body washes? Does your skin really feel clean after using it, or is there still a little residue?

What made you try it in the first place, and what specific changes have you seen in your skin since using it?
bornpretty

Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:31 am      Reply with quote
I haven't heard it before,but i'm gonna try it now. Surprised
7Destiny
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I used one bottle..a nice moisturizer but nothing else for me. Didn't purchase again.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |