Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
:: Review :: DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:15 am      Reply with quote
After having tried various clay based masks in the past (dermalogica, decleor etc) this is my favourite. I ordered it in conjunction with other DDF acne products, and whilst I do quite like them, I'm finding them a bit drying, and not particularly pleasurable to use (I like something with a more natural smell and not so chemically). Anyway, the mask is something I'll stick with. There are two ways that I've been using it. One is following washing (and sometimes using a facial scrub for a full routine) my face when I apply a layer all over my face and down to my neck, as I tend to get spots on my jawline. I leave it on until it's dry, or whilst relaxing in the bath - then simply rinse off. My skin looks fresher and more toned, it helps dry up oily ares (due to the clay base) and it really works to diminish any blemishes. The other way of using it is to simply apply a bit to a specific area, or even a specific spot before going to bed. In the morning wash it off and I find that the blemish has significantly reduced in size. It would be unfair to say that the spot is completely gone, but there's definitley a difference. A really great product, in my opinion!
Sorry about the long review, I hope someone finds it useful!
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:44 am      Reply with quote
I have never used it as a "mask" but I do use it to spot @ night and it dries everything up-I also use Yonka Juvinal before. Thanks for the good review. The rest of the line is to strong for my skin Surprised
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
To be honest I think the rest of the line is too strong for my skin too. I've just received my first order of Yonka so am trying that now (so far so good), and will post a review in a month or so. I would use the DDF mask again though.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
After 2 months of Yonka its still going great-I still use the DDF mask only as a spot treatment-The rest of the line was very strong except you might try the oil free moisterizer (Yonka) seems to either be to drying or to greasy- What have you been using Question
lmv
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the great review, cant wait to try it Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Sad Blemishes are lining-up on my jawline.
I wish to get this product in my next order Smile

Thanks....
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
DDF Sulfur mask rocks!!! One of the best masks I ever tried.
I use it all over my face once a week and locally when I get a zit. It dries the zit without being too drying and it's not harsh at all on my skin when I use it all over.

Fabulous product and everything I read about it is true!
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:12 am      Reply with quote
I think this product is terrific also. My husband and I both use it. It is great for spot treatments! I think sulfur is really underrated as an acne product. I think it works much better than BP.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:54 am      Reply with quote
joani.sp wrote:
I think this product is terrific also. My husband and I both use it. It is great for spot treatments! I think sulfur is really underrated as an acne product. I think it works much better than BP.

BP doesn't work on my blemishes any more at all. The only thing it does is make the area dry and irritated. I think that I would do better with a sulphur product. Does anybody know of a good sulphur spot treatment for daytime use? I am assuming this mask would be a bit too colorful to wear around during the day?

Tina
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
tinamarie8 wrote:
BP doesn't work on my blemishes any more at all. The only thing it does is make the area dry and irritated. I think that I would do better with a sulphur product. Does anybody know of a good sulphur spot treatment for daytime use? I am assuming this mask would be a bit too colorful to wear around during the day?

Tina

I found this link:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/print/druginfo/uspdi/202543.html

This had a mix of ingredients and is good for Rosacea.

http://sulfursoap.com/

There seems to be lots of info on the web. My doctor, ages ago, had Cambridge Chemists (a pharmacy in NY) make up a special sulfur paste, but it was definitely not for public view!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
this was my holy grail when I used to get bad acne. I just couldn't handle the smell though.
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
i can't use BP as well, and dont seem to respond that well to tea-tree oil or other common remedies. My doc even prescribed differin before (I only get hormonal or quite random breakouts once in a blue moon, but they come in clusters), but differin hardly worked.

However, sulfur worked great for me so i highly recommend it to people as an alternative remedy, sulfur also doesn't seem to interfere with essential oil balms etc so I can use them in conjunction (used darphin desincrustant lotion + purifying balm together before). Plus sulfur's not as drying as most other acne treatment products out there.
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone remember Velmasque? It was a sulfur mask that smelled bad but worked great. I don't remember if it was prescription or a "behind the counter" type medication. It was really great and all this talk about sulfur has made me interested in this product again.
Thanks!

5% products discount

Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Will it be a little bit dry? I heard from my friend that it is OK, but causes driness. Anyway, I want to try it.
snooze

Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:03 am      Reply with quote
Once upon a time I suffered from horrid cystic acne. I am allergic to BP and antibiotics barely made a dent in helping my skin. The DDF sulphur mask is the ONLY thing that helped to calm my skin and dry up my breakouts without stripping my face or burning it and making it look worse. The problem was as soon as one pimple went away, three would replace it. When I say my skin was bad... It was REALLY bad. Thank heavens I got on Accutane, which has cleared my skin incredibly. If I even imagine I feel a little bump, I just slap some DDF mask on it and it disappears. I think new users will be very pleased. I recommend it highly.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
lalaeds wrote:
Will it be a little bit dry? I heard from my friend that it is OK, but causes driness. Anyway, I want to try it.

No...not too dry. As long as you can put on a good moisturizer you'll be fine.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
i didnt think the smells that bad actually Very Happy
im still unsure about this mask, iv used it for the past week to spot treat my pimples, they have reduced in size and redness a tiny bit, but its only been a week so i cant really say it doesnt work, cos i quite like this brand and everyone heres been saying how great it is...
but overall, its not a miracle product but kinda works...i may change my mind later tho Smile
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
snooze wrote:
Once upon a time I suffered from horrid cystic acne. I am allergic to BP and antibiotics barely made a dent in helping my skin. The DDF sulphur mask is the ONLY thing that helped to calm my skin and dry up my breakouts without stripping my face or burning it and making it look worse. The problem was as soon as one pimple went away, three would replace it. When I say my skin was bad... It was REALLY bad. Thank heavens I got on Accutane, which has cleared my skin incredibly. If I even imagine I feel a little bump, I just slap some DDF mask on it and it disappears. I think new users will be very pleased. I recommend it highly.

ohh you are just like me for the BP reactions...sulfur works a treat, i also find aloe vera gels (combined with maybe a bit of chammomile and lavender essential oil in the ingredient list) proves to be very good for my skin. even AHA/BHA dont do much for my congestions.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I can't wait to try it!
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Anyone tried the DDF hydrating mask with Collagen?
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I heard sulfur mask is very good for acne,But I have never used it.Because I worried my oily-sensitive skin may be irritated by it.
But now I wanna try it! Laughing
keth

Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:27 am      Reply with quote
I read the EDS Forum about this mask and decided to use it. Sincerely, I am in love the product at the first night I use it. I can see the blemish got smaller, less inflamed and less reddish. I have tried BP, Sulfur mask from Proactive and even taken antibiotics. Nothing works like DDF sulfur mask. Thank you for EDS Forum community to recommend this product!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
dreamcat wrote:
I heard sulfur mask is very good for acne,But I have never used it.Because I worried my oily-sensitive skin may be irritated by it.
But now I wanna try it! Laughing

My skin is dry sensitive and I really like this mask. It does not irritate my skin. You should give it a try Smile
keth

Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:13 am      Reply with quote
It 's been second week of using this DDF Sulfur Mask product. I am very satisfied with the result that the white pimples are dried out very quick and less new ones pop up as it is used to be...forget to tell that even though my skin is dry, it didn't really dry my skin out... but I try to mask my face with Fresh Hydrating Mask product to hydrate my face on the night that I don't use DDF sulfur mask.
PinkLeader
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
If you ever want to give something else a try, I'm getting very good results with the Jan Marni Factor-A PLUS Mask (with salicylic acid). My skin was very oily and breaking out rather uncontrollably, but this product, along with the Bioglycolic Cleanser, has helped to bring some control back to the complextion situation. I like that it lives up to its claims and also does not make my skin feel tight or stripped.
As for the DDF, I love their sunscreens and the C serums.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |