Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Another Gadget, TriPollar STOP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:32 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
"The company’s flagship product, regen™, employing TriPollar™ RF technology which simultaneously heats deep and shallow layers of fats, can now offer professional facial contouring, skin tightening, cellulite reduction and body contouring treatments all in one smart system."

Take it slow ladies!!! Honestly, I have a bad feeling about this one. I hope I'm wrong, cuz I want the skin tightening more than anyone!...but if my face gets any skinnier, it will disappear!
Shock

This is only applicable to the professional level products...not the home one. And keep in mind that you do not have to use it everywhere on your face....down the road I may only use it on the saggy or lined areas, as opposed to my whole face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:37 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Bethany!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Mishey wrote:

Bren get some heliocare tablets. They increase your internal resistance to UV rays. You take them before you go out in the sun.

http://www.netpharmacy.co.nz/65/group/842/page/1/style/helioOralCap60/Heliocare+Oral+60+Capsules

Wow! Works a lot faster than lycopene..

Mishey wrote:

I love surfing and diving and take them before I go to the beach. Along with a very high SPF and PPD sunscreen.
Typical that I love sun sports and have an aversion to the sun. Rolling Eyes

I absolutely LOVE and need the sun but my *skin* apparently has an aversion to it Crying or Very sad

Have you ever had a chance to really test this stuff? As in, caught out in the sun for longer than expected?

I'm going to have to give this stuff a try!

Lowbrowscientist - I have been taking Heliocare for a while now. I usually take it during summers when I get more sun exposure. There is a Heliocare thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30019&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=heliocare&start=0
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:15 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
"The company’s flagship product, regen™, employing TriPollar™ RF technology which simultaneously heats deep and shallow layers of fats, can now offer professional facial contouring, skin tightening, cellulite reduction and body contouring treatments all in one smart system."

Take it slow ladies!!! Honestly, I have a bad feeling about this one. I hope I'm wrong, cuz I want the skin tightening more than anyone!...but if my face gets any skinnier, it will disappear!
Shock

I freaked when I read that too 'mountaingirl'.. But that is the professional model, and if you look at the pictures and video on it, you can see it is extremely large, and the probes are very large, and the RF is strong enough to penetrate to the 'adipose' tissue where the fat lives..(that is the very deepest level of the dermis.)

Our at home STOP device, doesn't penetrate further than the mid to lower dermis (a good bit above the adipose layer), so *shouldn't* affect the fat cells at all.

We'll all find out soon enough ... Anxious

ETA: I just saw Beth's post, and definitely agree with her take on avoiding certain areas after a while.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:57 am      Reply with quote
*****Just an FYI*****

The Win-Health STOP website is back on track;

http://win-health.com/stop-age-tripollar-rf.html - this is the web page

http://www.win-health.com/actinic/acatalog/stop-tripollar-rf.html -- this is the order page in the online shop

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
mlredo

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yea! My STOP arrived today. Thank goodness we are anticipating an ice storm here and I was home after lunch to sign for my "youth in a box"!!

I hope that gmann's parcel has been found also. It seems our packages were delayed for a week at JFK. uh I dunno.

I had a few problems with the STOP instructional DVD. It would not play on our VCR (maybe because it its Blueray?) It would not play on my laptop (Window's Vista) but, it worked on my hubby's laptop (Windows XP). It(DVD) is worth watching if you are tentative about the process. Although the written text in the directions is clear.

I bought my adapter at Radio Shack but, I seem to be having a problem keeping the prongs from the STOP to stay stable in the U.S adapter. Oh well, I made do...I just can't jiggle the STOP too much or I pull it out of the wall.

I did my neck and face and it took about 30 minutes! Not bad, it kinda feels nice. I did have to amp it up to High asap. It didn't seem to want to warm my skin on LOW and the MED was taking way too long for the orange light to come on. The green light never turned off on me nor did it ever feel too warm. I thought it felt nice (kinda warm and fuzzy).

My face isn't overly red or doesn't seem inflamed. It probably looks similar to the effects I have after a treatment with my Tanda. I would feel comfortable putting on some makeup and heading out within the hour.

My initial impressions are.... I like it. It is easy to use and I am optimistic about it addressing my saggy, laxity issues. I feel hopeful about this little gadget.

Thanks everyone for all your valuable info....yall are my STOP soulmates!

I

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to say that I did hear back from Halina, but mostly (other than to state that she has been told that the Stop doesn't cause facial fat loss - which we have already heard) to say she has submitted my technical ?'s to the manufacturer & will let me know as soon as she hears from them.

I will post back as soon as I get the info!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Finally was able to use my new toy this afternoon. I planned on doing it this morning but I had to go into the office today to help my HB get a bid out. As soon as I faxed them all in I headed home, no stops on the way as mine was sitting at home waiting for me. Wink

Must say the packaging is quite impressive, just need to say that as it has nothing to do with how the unit is going to work but considering the price......also, the little tabs put on the jar boxes were different than I have ever seen, they are cute. I always notice these little touches.

I watched the video and glad that was included but the written directions are very well done. Took me a few minutes to figure out what plugs to use, I have an extra one with 2 pointy things that I don't know what to do with.

My unit heated up pretty fast, had it on high, "going for the gusto". I followed the directions and it took me right at 15+ minutes. I did not do my neck. The green light on the side and the orange light in the middle never went off. I read one persons review that said the orange light for her went on and off as stated in the directions. Anyone else have their lights stay on.

All in all, this is very easy to use, no complaints there. I will say that the gel goes on very easily and comes off easily. This stuff should last quite a while as it doesn't take much unless I am not using enough and that's why my orange light won't go off and on. The cream IMO is not so great. I do not like the smell and I am hoping someone can come up with the identity as it is going to bug me until I do. Smells like something (I think) from my childhood. Do not like the feel even after it soaks in. Hoping that this isn't an absolute gotta use to see results.

I will report back as far as seeing results AS SOON AS I SEE RESULTS.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
The cream IMO is not so great. I do not like the smell and I am hoping someone can come up with the identity as it is going to bug me until I do. Smells like something (I think) from my childhood. Do not like the feel even after it soaks in. Hoping that this isn't an absolute gotta use to see results.

The smell is driving me crazy also.. My first thought was Play Dough, but then again my Grandson's Paint By Numbers paint, is strikingly similar ... Shock

I'm just following my treatments with an anti-oxidant serum, that I believe will suffice.

Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Frodo wrote:
The cream IMO is not so great. I do not like the smell and I am hoping someone can come up with the identity as it is going to bug me until I do. Smells like something (I think) from my childhood. Do not like the feel even after it soaks in. Hoping that this isn't an absolute gotta use to see results.

The smell is driving me crazy also.. My first thought was Play Dough, but then again my Grandson's Paint By Numbers paint, is strikingly similar ... Shock

I'm just following my treatments with an anti-oxidant serum, that I believe will suffice.

OMG, that's what I said when I put it on but I thought I was just thinkin' silly. It is playdough!!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I bet a couple of drops of essential oil would improve it a bit...hmm!

It does leave the skin feeling quite moist, it's just a bit thick for my taste.. I do like it on my hands for sure.

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Frodo wrote:

OMG, that's what I said when I put it on but I thought I was just thinkin' silly. It is playdough!!!!!

Kassy, does that mean that you tasted it, just like when you ate that playdough as a kid and had blue teeth?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Frodo wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Frodo wrote:

Kassy, does that mean that you tasted it, just like when you ate that playdough as a kid and had blue teeth?

LMAO!! Blue teeth indeed... Other awful things I had in my mouth were Silly Putty and candle wax... I was a bit of a wierdo according to dear old Mama Bear.. Embarassed

bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
I just did my 4th STOP treatment (the end of week 2 of 6 for me), but before I did that I did a very close examination of my skin.

Things of interest....

- I typically look best 36 hours after a treatment. So if I did a treatment Monday night, I'll look ok on Tuesday morning, but better on Wednesday morning.

- My forehead lines do look softer...if this eliminates them (or close to it, it will be money well spent!)

- I noticed some VERY tiny little raised dots on my face in areas where the skin is thinner, like on my forehead and around the outer corners of my eyes. I would see the same thing about 2 weeks after an intensive dermaroll, and always surmised that it might be collagen developing. (or at least I always hoped it was!)

- I dare say that my neck lines look a bit softer as well.

- My marionette lines are sloooowly shrinking, but I attribute the bulk of the change to Ageless and some subtle change to STOP.

- This is a heck of a lot easier and far more enjoyable that dermarolling, and it does not require a bottle of wine (and a hangover).

- My only question is how much of this "improvement" is due to inflammation. (and we all know how I feel about inflammation!). It mentions edema right in the user manual, but it is certainly nothing like my swollen red balloon head after dermarolling. But cellular inflammation could be a side-effect, thus my hesitation to do this on an ongoing basis more than every 2 weeks. More reading is required on my part.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:30 am      Reply with quote
What "Ageless"?? Are you talking about facial exercises or the skincare products? I thought it was exercises, but I got a notice about the Ageless skincare line, which I hadn't seen before.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Mlredo - Welcome to the forum! Very Happy
Glad that you eventually received Stop ( hopefully gmann got Stop as well)! Keep on beautifying ourselves Smile
mlredo wrote:
Yea! My STOP arrived today. Thank goodness we are anticipating an ice storm here and I was home after lunch to sign for my "youth in a box"!!

I hope that gmann's parcel has been found also. It seems our packages were delayed for a week at JFK. uh I dunno....
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:30 am      Reply with quote
chinachatters wrote:
What "Ageless"?? Are you talking about facial exercises or the skincare products? I thought it was exercises, but I got a notice about the Ageless skincare line, which I hadn't seen before.

In the context of this thread Ageless is facial exercises by LouLou.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:38 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
chinachatters wrote:

In the context of this thread Ageless is facial exercises by LouLou.

Correcto Mundo. Ageless If You Dare facial exercises. And I use ZO Skin Health for topicals.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I also received my STOP yesterday. I did my first treatment. I didn't have much time so i just did the warm up pass of whole face and then concentrated on my nose to mouth fold for few minutes. I think i had little thick spread of gel, i didn't feel anything on low and medium level so i did the whole treatment on high.

Overall it's really easy to use, i don't see any difference yet but i am hopeful.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:50 am      Reply with quote
gmann wrote:
I also received my STOP yesterday. I did my first treatment. I didn't have much time so i just did the warm up pass of whole face and then concentrated on my nose to mouth fold for few minutes. I think i had little thick spread of gel, i didn't feel anything on low and medium level so i did the whole treatment on high.

Overall it's really easy to use, i don't see any difference yet but i am hopeful.

Great that you received it too!! Very Happy
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:38 am      Reply with quote
My 2nd Treatment today.....

I do not like the gel but its easy to spread and remove. Did the first pass on face and neck area then finished treatment much slowly.

I love the glow it leaves on my skin and it feels so soft afterwards.My forehead lines still there ,Laugh line still there it feels much less noticeable when you finish treatment but next day not so much.Under eyes crisscross lines look better after treatment of course but one day later do not see much improvement...I think I still need more treatments to actually see the difference
No dramatic results yet...but I am hopeful one good thing my breakouts are less a big pimple was coming up on the surface last treatment it I specifically touched it and light went orange on it I felt the burning sensation and it disappeared next morning so That's pretty good Wink...
Overall ,I love this STOP treatment it just feels very nice on the skin...Is it fountain of youth ? I do not know yet...will keep you guys posted .

Kassy ...I am still doing my LS LED treatments daily in addition to this STOP .....I should look like I use to look in My teen yrs as I am using all the BIG GUNS now.. LOL

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
denham
5% products discount

Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
i'm with bethany on this one - i get maximum effects at lest 12 hrs after treatment (2 so far, 2 days in-between); for me the actual treatment can get a bit intense (probably because i do it like i mean it) - i pass on all areas until the side light turns orange, and overall i don't spend less than 45 mins on face and neck (the neck goes much smoother); i'm all red and feel somewhat raw afterward (again, i use some strong topicals, including retinA), but by next day everything feels wonderfully tight and looks good in a way that can not be pin-pointed to just one thing being different.
after treatment yesterday i decided to go in with the ultrasound and put parker spectra 360 on top of the STOP gel - which i think is what broke me out (i blame it on the parker gel, i think i got that before with the microcurrent machine); but on the whole again, happy with what i'm seeing. it might also be the ageless but i don't know whether results could be so quick - 5 days.
will keep updating.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
I'm getting ready for treatment #4 later on today..

In reading Beth's post, I have to agree that the subtle good results come days after the treatment.

When I finished my 3rd TX on Monday, I didn't see anything immediately, but yesterday while I was sitting outside with 'Mr K', he said, and I quote.. "I think that *go* thingy you just got is doing something, those creases you're always complaining about look better".. He's talking of course about the dreaded NL folds, and this my dears is very high praise, coming from a guy that never notices anything.. (It was a week before he noticed I went from blonde to red .. Rolling Eyes)

Personally I don't see any changes yet, but it could be because I'm always in that damn magnifying mirror examining every inch.. I haven't taken my follow up picture yet, so maybe that will make things clearer.

Off to pour a Vino and have at the STOP.. (I have a free evening for all things fun and beauty today.. Dancing )

Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I'm getting ready for treatment #4 later on today..

In reading Beth's post, I have to agree that the subtle good results come days after the treatment.

When I finished my 3rd TX on Monday, I didn't see anything immediately, but yesterday while I was sitting outside with 'Mr K', he said, and I quote.. "I think that *go* thingy you just got is doing something, those creases you're always complaining about look better".. He's talking of course about the dreaded NL folds, and this my dears is very high praise, coming from a guy that never notices anything.. (It was a week before he noticed I went from blonde to red .. Rolling Eyes)

Personally I don't see any changes yet, but it could be because I'm always in that damn magnifying mirror examining every inch.. I haven't taken my follow up picture yet, so maybe that will make things clearer.

Off to pour a Vino and have at the STOP.. (I have a free evening for all things fun and beauty today.. Dancing )

Kassy,
I can identify with the husband not noticing, I cut my hair from below my shoulders to a bob just below my ears six months ago and my hubby hasn't noticed a thing Rolling Eyes If he noticed changes in my face I guess I would drop dead with shock Shock
About noticing progress with the Stop....I knew I looked better but my shock came when I took pictures. I really hesitated to even take pictures until Kassy mentioned it. I just didn't think the pictures would reveal much change...Boy was I wrong Laughing
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Yep Toby, the pictures really do tell the story, and speak so much louder than our words..

We often miss the ongoing sublte changes, because we are seeing ourself in the mirror all the time... With pictures, we can put our finger on the exact changes, and not have to guess what they are..

I know you guys are sick to death of me preaching about it, but it really will give you a diary of it all!

Gotta love those happy snaps ...

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |