Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
:: Review :: Dermalogica Anti-Bac Cooling Masque
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:42 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample of this masque with my EDS order and thought, "Well...I will never use this one". It is for irriated, blemish-prone skin, while helping to prevent further breakouts. My skin is dry and I hardly ever get pimples (don't hate me...us dry-skinned ladies get wrinkles sooner). So the sample has been sitting in my medicine cabinet for a week.

Well, this weekend I had a lovely breakout on my forhead and a very oily nose (Sometimes happens around "that time of the month"). So I thought I'd give this masque a try. I used it only on my nose and forehead. I used it 2 nights in a row before bed. I am thrilled to say that this morning, my forehead is blemish-free and my nose is not a shiny, oily mess.

I really do like this masque. The cool feeling is immediate and feels so good. I left it on for about 10 minutes and then rinsed it off. No redness, no dryness. My skin just felt clean & refreshed.

I would highly recommend this masque for anyone with oily and/or blemish-prone skin. It definitely does what it says, and your skin feels calmed and cool afterward.

As for me....the samples are a great size. I have enough left to get me through my monthly breakouts next month too.

Lori
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dermalogica Anti-Bac Cooling Masque (74 ml / 2.5 oz.)
Dermalogica Anti-Bac Cooling Masque (74 ml / 2.5 oz.)

Acne inflammation has finally met its match! This unique blend of Salicylic Acid, healing vitamins, antioxidant botanicals and Alginated Zinc Triplex help to reduce inflammation, regulate excess facial oil and prevent future breakouts with every application.

kookykitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily acne prone skin and this product has worked wonderfully for me, too. I also enjoyed the soothing cooling feeling of the mask and the way my skin felt balanced and refreshed afterwards not irritated or dry like some other acne fighting masks can do to the skin. It does help to banish blemishes, too. So glad to hear that it works so well for you, too! Smile
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:26 am      Reply with quote
paycheck just arrived - and this one is a definite candidate for my shoppingcart Very Happy ... Anyone know how it works for cystic acne/bumps???

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
bumpy bumpo ... anyone? I'm going through a period of cysts on my jawline and upper throat and I don't know what to do anymore...giving up sorta kinda... Sad

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Mabsy

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Ruth wrote:
bumpy bumpo ... anyone? I'm going through a period of cysts on my jawline and upper throat and I don't know what to do anymore...giving up sorta kinda... Sad

Ruth - I don't know about this mask but MDF has a good AHA mask for acne. Or at least it works on my bumps. What have you tried to use so far?
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Feels like I've tried anything and everything!

Aspirin masks mostly, and cleansing with PSF papaya or MDF glycolic or a very gentle Dermalogica cleanser or PSF green tea. Mostly useing either neroli or rose d'orient oil and prolagene gel at night and harmonie moisturizer in the morning (all decleor).

Thing is I went off the pill about a month ago, and can really see and feel the difference. Cystic painful bumps on jaw and throat that stay for ever and don't come to a head and small spots here and there on cheeks. I've been doing versions of the aspirin mask more or less every evening for a few weeks and it does help A LOT but only until the next day - meaning that by evening the bumps have usually grown again and are sore.

I just want the bumps to GO AWAY Mad

Shock Very Happy

Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks For your review - I got a sample also and I have blemish prone skin as well so I think I will give it a miss. cheers
hannahwebbo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:26 am      Reply with quote
I used a sample that i had of this last night and it felt lovely to use. I only used it on my t zone as that is where i am quite oily and breakout. It feels nice, cool and refreshing as soon as you put it on. This tingling gradually faded. I kept the mask on for 10 minutes and after rinsing my skin felt lovely. My skin didnt feel at all tight but this may be because i did not use it on my entire face and just the areas that get oily.

I have another sample of this which i will use next week on my entire face. I think this product will be going on my shopping list

Hannah
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I used Dermalogica's anti-bac cooling mask about a year ago and absolutely hated it. It did cool the skin upon application, but it didnt improve my acne but made my skin breakout. Most Dermalogica products i have used seem to break out my skin Sad so not I dont dare to use this line!
Even when I washed the mask off, my skin looked just as before the mask but maybe a bit dryer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your review.

I used to try medicated clearing gel and I love it a lot.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:23 am      Reply with quote
sounds great!!! I better ask for a sample for my next order!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
It's so interesting. I really want to try it some. Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |