Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Laser burns
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
burned

Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:35 am      Reply with quote
I had fraxel re:pair laser used on some stretch marks on one of my hips in May of last year. I was told the redness from the laser would only last for a few days. Almost one year on, I still have red burn marks on top of the stretch marks... has anyone else who's had laser had experience with this? I do not want these burn marks to be permanent....
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, dear, I am worse than you. I had fraxel treatment for acne scars. My whole face turns red after I eat hot or spicy food. I am using Obagi Nu-derm to reduce redness. It was much improved before I had the final treatment two weeks ago. My face now really looks like the ass of a monkey. I think Obagi nu-derm will work on my redness like before.

Have you talked to the doctor who did fraxel for you? I am not sure what kind of thing you can use to improve the apprearance of your redness.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
How awful! That's really disappointing and scary to hear. I remember reading about this kind of stuff on acne.org - I'm trying to find it right now. I know that my Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair says that it's good after procedures. I wouldn't be surprised if it helped tone down the redness.
It's great that you share your stories with the EDS community as fair warning. I hope you get some answers...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
How did you care for the treated area initially? Maybe give retin-a try. Have they improved at all? Burns can be different but scars can take up to a year fade.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
You should go back to the clinic where you had the treatment and, if possible, speak to a qualified doctor about your concerns - you should not be left with burn scars.

I would also suggest using emu oil on the area.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Keliu. If you have a better business bureau you could file a complaint. No conscionable practise or clinic would leave you in the lurch like that. If they haven't expressed a desire to help you or fix your situation they shouldn't be handling anyone's faces.
I hope you are both healing well. You might want to try EL ANRC it has helped me a lot after skin trauma (specifically picking...a detestable habit).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I was suggested to use Vaseline firstly to avoid scab. Now, I am using Obagi and Retin-A, the ass of monkey is not that red these few days. The doctor of clinc gave me a free set of Obagi Nu-derm. I think he may feel guilty.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
ximing wrote:
It was much improved before I had the final treatment two weeks ago. My face now really looks like the ass of a monkey.

Laughing After I finished laughing at your statement above, I started to wonder if you meant your face was now red like the ass of a monkey, or is it supposed to be white like a baby butt? Laughing
sbb820
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
My forehead, but also a mole is not obvious. Not to use laser to treat!
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
ximing wrote:
It was much improved before I had the final treatment two weeks ago. My face now really looks like the ass of a monkey.

Laughing After I finished laughing at your statement above, I started to wonder if you meant your face was now red like the ass of a monkey, or is it supposed to be white like a baby butt? Laughing
I will be happy if it likes baby butt, but it does like the ass of monkey. I have been staying at home for two weeks...
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
how about your post treatment care? i did not have any problem for the 1st few times of treatment but after the last treatment, i hv skin peeling mask and skin scrub once (i have totally igored the after care) and my skin get worse!
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
My previous five times' laser treatments were fine and Obagi nu-derm did help a lot for fading redness or pigmentation. My skin tone was improved a lot. It was amazing that Obagi did not cause any flaking or peeling before the final fraxel treatment. This time is my final treatment. I complained to the doctor that my acne scars were not improved significantly before he turned the fraxel machine on. He decided to use a more aggressive way to treat me. My face was therefore burned and developed blister. He had to see me twice one week to ensure I would not have scar and offered me a free set of Obagi nu-derm to reduce the redness. I don't know why this time my skin is reacting so bad to Obagi nu-derm. The skin is peeling and even more red than after fraxel. I could not use any other masks or creams, or make up. I stoped Obagi last night for a break and today my skin is still crazy red.
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
last time my skin was also peeling and red for more than a week, i stop everything and applied aloe vera gel at night...now the skin get better but i still want to hv next laser treatment for the acne scar few month later..hope you skin get better soon~
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you masaholly. My skin is improved after I stop Nu-derm. I have similar feeling like you. Everytime during the procedure of laser, I tell myself "no more". As long as the skin is recovered, I will think about the next treatment. Laughing
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:09 am      Reply with quote
i remember i had got many acnes over the area treated with laser and the doctor said it may due to the pores getting smaller after treated...do you have similar experience? i can't accept such explanation...i had asked another doctor and he explained nothing but just prescribed me medication...i said my acne most likely due the excessive oil production before my mensturation and therefore getting better after taking pills..what the doctor suggested is stop the oc pills and continue his topical medication "Rozex" containing metronidazole forever....it make me so disapointed!
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Burned, I am so sorry to hear you still have red marks a whole year after your treatment! I've never tried fraxel, but I have had other lasers done on my face and the marks I had from those treatments faded probably 60% in the first weeks, with the rest gone within 6 months. During that time I was using a combination of Skinoren and hydroquinone every day, and my dermatologist required that I go back for check ups every 2 weeks until the redness had completely faded. I suggest you try another doctor for a second opinion. The longer you wait, the harder it'll be to fix. HTH
comoandi

Sun May 16, 2010 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="burned"]I had fraxel re:pair laser used on some stretch marks on one of my hips in May of last year. I was told the redness from the laser would only last for a few days. Almost one year on, I still have red burn marks on top of the stretch marks... has anyone else who's had laser had experience with this? I do not want these burn marks to be permanent....[/quote]

I have the same problem on my leg. The mark is red, it's 1 cm and it's round. My leg was burned with laser because of an old mark. Now I have an even uglier mark instead, and I don't know how to get rid of this. Please if anyone can help me. I already used Fusibact, Mebo and Fusicort, but the redness is still there. Thank you.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 16, 2010 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
comoandi wrote:
burned wrote:
I had fraxel re:pair laser used on some stretch marks on one of my hips in May of last year. I was told the redness from the laser would only last for a few days. Almost one year on, I still have red burn marks on top of the stretch marks... has anyone else who's had laser had experience with this? I do not want these burn marks to be permanent....

I have the same problem on my leg. The mark is red, it's 1 cm and it's round. My leg was burned with laser because of an old mark. Now I have an even uglier mark instead, and I don't know how to get rid of this. Please if anyone can help me. I already used Fusibact, Mebo and Fusicort, but the redness is still there. Thank you.

For skin smotheness I recently tried mario badescu whitening mask.
It seems to be like a mild skin peel- it contains kojic acid and other fruit acids,clay and pine something that helps with redness.

After 1 use my skin that looked a bit "bumpy" in the chin area was much improved and my acne scars that I was trying to fade reduced by I'd guess 50% and I barely need any concealer now Smile

I told myself I was not buying any more cosmtics, and they had to include a sample of that mask...and theymademe buy it (wellnot really,but it was so good I hadto go reorder it right away....)

The healing cream they also make is amazing.
My only hate about it is I wish it was cheaper and came in a bigger jar. It costs $26for 30ml but using on my cheeks and elbows lasts me 2 or 3 months.
rhea
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 21, 2010 7:47 am      Reply with quote
You can try to use the cream LA MER, its original purpose is to repair burned skin. I want to help you.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Try Burn Jel for face burns.
Apparently that is what some hospitals in the Us use.

If you use cream wth oil or silicone it "traps the heat of the burn"

I just got a chemical burn on my arm 2 days ago..from some bandaid,cleaning solutions and sticky dressing.

My skin was very red and looked like a very bad sunburn.

I tried Yarrow hydrosol as I hard it was mildly sntiseptic and that helped too,but my skin was dry.

Burn Jelmade my skin moew moisturized and the red area looks just blotchy now.

I think Burn jel is in the Us only, have not seen it in canada here.
pinkpaperdoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 10:01 am      Reply with quote
hi Ximing! so how's the acne scars? any improvements after the treatment? i also wanna get rid of my acne scars but dont know what treatment would give best results.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |