Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Suki Cleanser & Serum – no thanks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just tried using the exfoliating cleanser, white willow toner and purifying serum from Suki.

The exfoliating cleanser bascially irritated my skin (I was not rubbing it in to my skin), clogged my pores, and made my overall skin condition red, aggravated and small bumps form.

The toner was okay, but nothing to write home about, and the purifying serum, which is 15ml for $90 was WAY TOO MUCH MONEY FOR WHAT YOU GET. I purchased this serum because it sounded to good, but all it did was totally dry my skin up, further aggravate it, and my skin was so tight, flaking, and unsightly that I only use the product to spot treat. I have been using Is Clinical for years on and off to keep my skin clear, and it works, leaving my complexion clear, soft, luminous and attractive. I tried the suki in hopes to use more organic products. I just re-ordered some IS Clinical cleansing complex, and super serum - thus to get my complexion back!!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Oh my...I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, but thanks for sharing. I will NOT be trying that line!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:29 am      Reply with quote
I thought Suki's exfoliating cleanser was great. One of the better organic cleansers that I have used and the smell is divine! Maybe you had a reaction to an ingredient in the cleanser? I do agree that the line is overpriced, though!
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I have acne prone, reactive skin. If you have normal skin I think it is a fine product. The one thing I have found, however, is that any cleanser that uses saponified olive oil is really clogging to the pores. If your skin is normal, your pores are smaller, thus there is less of an issue than if you have more open pores.
The product I am most disappointed with is the bio-active purifying serum. The price is insane, even more atrocious than the Is Clinical products, although it delivers nothing that I would say is worth the price or even if the product were $10 it would be too much money for the lack of results.

Having said the above, I think the toner is okay, and my finance used their brightening cream and loved it. So, not all of their products are the object of my criticism. I just like to get results, ones that I can see.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Feliz wrote:
I just like to get results, ones that I can see.

I am totally with you on this! Very Happy
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Feliz,
I'd love to know what results your fiance had with suki brightening cream..as it's a product that's interesting to me.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
Regarding the brightening cream from Suki, my fiance has been my guinea pig, thus trying all the products I either dont like, or that I have purchased for his skin type. He has normal, non sensitive skin, and prefers the Dr.Hauschka quince day cream (despite perhaps 20 or so organic products that he has used).
When I gave him the product he kept commenting that it was the best cream he had used, being easy to smooth over skin, hydrating skin better than other products, and providing more of an anti aging effect than other products previously tried.

Anyways, he loves the product, and I have used it as an eye cream, which is really nice.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Feliz for responding. Your fiances results are enoiugh for me to give the product a try!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
pieperd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I quite disagree. I really like Suki and would still be using it, but I wanted more for ani-aging. They now offer a line for it, and but I have another that I like and is working well.

One product I will not give up, is the SUKI facial clay. It is great! Try samples, and see how your skin reacts. Counting it one because of a few bad review might keep you from having the skin you want. Everyone will dislike a product.
alyk
5% products discount

Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have mild rosacea, normal to dry aging skin. Iredale pressed powder used with their d2o to moisten/set was the first makeup to cover the redness without accentuating lines or drying/caking.
Suki's tinted active moisturizer - her mineral makeup -
is great for dry skin - gives sheer coverage, evens out skin tone, but needs her concealer to cover the rosacea redness - I'm now using Suki concealer on redness and under eyes with the Iredale powder all over the rest of face and neck, but I'd switch to Suki's makeup if I could find out what the SPF is and whether it's affected by mixing with moisturizer to get the right color for my fair skin. It's really nice but not enough coverage for enlarged rosacea pores on it's own - Iredale powder's much better on that. I may just start using it mixed with a sunscreen for the color matching when I run out of the powder tho.
alyk
5% products discount

Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
oops - meant to add:

I'm also using suki pure moisture - nourishing. I use it at night - love it. smells great and my skin feels amazing in the morning - soft and smooth - pores are smaller.

tried a sample of intensive brightening cream - lasted 3 days so not really long enough to be sure, but I liked how my skin felt. used it days while skiing in place of my vit c cream before nourishing oil and then oil-free sunscreen. it's just too expensive to purchase when I'm getting a deal on jan marini. there's no discount on suki on eds.

and suki hair/scalp oil. not sure I'd recommend it. It's very easy to use too much and have greasy hair all day. I have dry tending hair and very dry scalp, but the reco'd 2 pumps left me with oily hair all day at work the first time I used it as a leave-in conditioner - ugh. it's nice on the scalp when used carefully. I also use on super dry elbows.
I use before shampooing as a moisture treatment. It's a toss-up with hauschka neem hair oil - suki's is milder (less stimulating, maybe better for scalp psoriasis), but lighter oil (less moisturizing, but can leave in all day).
lilyofthevalley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Same product to different people - then with different results. So, for skin care, I learned that we must find out the product which is suitable for our own, not related to the price or brand, but something really suitable to our own condition.
eraseunavez
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I like balancing day lotion.
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
I find that one company might have a great product of something but a not great one of something else, and also, there is no one-size-fits-all with skincare.
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried the exfoliator sample of suki. It looks just like blending of sugar and lemon juice, very natural looking, indeed. The effect is OK. Really interesting product. I think people could totally DIY it.
shelle
5% products discount

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:28 am      Reply with quote
all natural skin care products can be DIY'd... it really just comes down to convenience, time and being prepared for the trial and error.
I'm a bit too lazy, when I was younger I used to be big on creating my own masks and scrubs.
I really like the lemongrass cleanser and the clay mask.. I'm still working on getting a good skin care regime together but will be trying the rest of the products I got in the mini kit very shortly!
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:22 am      Reply with quote
I think it is similar to the AESOP.

5% products discount

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Garden of Wisdom has a great dupe of the lemongrass cleanser.
soffie316

Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
first, we are very sorry that you did not have a pleasant experience with some of our products. but we think we can help. in piecing together your information, you wrote that you have acne prone, reactive skin. the suki® products you tried are appropriate for your skin type. however, it may be that you did not use them properly.

suki® products are unlike other skincare products. the formulations are concentrated, so a very little amount of product goes a very long way! thus, it is imperative to follow the usage instructions. using too much at a time can lead to some of the unpleasant reactions you had.

with the exfoliate foaming cleanser, you only need a dime-sized amount. wet your palms and face before application. if you find the scrub initially too abrasive, massage it into your palms before applying it to the face to fine-tune the amount of abrasion. for more sensitive skin types, we also suggest limiting using the exfoliate foaming cleanser to 2 – 3 times per week, or, if you have cystic acne, then you should not use the exfoliate foaming cleanser until the cystic acne clears up.

a more appropriate daily cleanser may be the transformative cleansing clay, a 3-in-1 anti-inflammatory cleanser with standardized active 15% salicylic acid. in addition to its being a terrific cleanser, you can leave it on your skin for 15-20 minutes as a pore clarifying mask or use it as a spot treatment on blemishes overnight.

the concentrated balancing toner is a potent anti-inflammatory, bacteria-fighting tincture with natural vitamin c polypeptide liposomes, so it goes way beyond the efficacy of simply a “natural” toner. in addition, it preps the skin for the moisturizers that follow.

the bio-active purifying facial serum continues your anti-inflammatory and bacteria-fighting regimen but also helps boost collagen production with natural retinol liposome polypeptides. again, a little goes a LONG way…2-3 small drops are all that is needed to cover your entire face. with your face still moist from the toner, it is easily dispersed where needed. it should NOT be used like an ordinary lotion.

if your skin started breaking out, developing bumps and peeling, that is EXACTLY what it SHOULD be doing in the first few days and weeks of using suki® products. that means the products are WORKING.

when you subject your skin to synthetics, they often mask the problems and drive them below the surface of the skin. when you start using a synthetic-free program, and, especially in your case, a regimen design to help clarify and balance your skin, all the toxins and milia (small bumps) come to the surface as the skin is now free to heal itself. you have to work through this “dermal detox” period in order to truly achieve really clear skin.

finally, when suki® products are used with proper application, their relative size and cost should carry you for quite some time. we balance the cost, size and application rate with the recognition that the products do not contain artificial preservatives, and should be used up and replaced periodically. furthermore, suki® products contain pure, organic ingredients & fair trade ingredients, both of which cost far more than conventional cosmetic ingredients, and we package most everything in clean, fully recyclable & reusable glass, not in a hybrid of plastic & glass, & not in plastic, where possible, we buy from small companies, on top of our ethical small business practices. we make these choices, recognizing that they come at a price, not to the planet but to the pocketbook.

we hope you will give the products another try, with this information. if you have any questions, you can obtain additional information at our website and you can check out which products are best for you by taking our quick prescription quiz, or you can call a suki® customer service representative at 888.858.7854. we hope you will give the products another try.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I'm surprised that you did not like these products. I LOVE them and recommend them to lots of people. I have cystic/acne prone skin and noticed a huge improvement in my skin while using suki...I used the exfoliating cleanser, treatment oil and balancing moisturizer. Love the smell/texture/results...but I too felt like I used them up quickly. I continue to repurchase the cleanser but have moved on to other moisturizers...because I'm an addict and cant stop trying new skincare.
pieperd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:14 am      Reply with quote
I used Suki for about a year, and enjoyed some of the products.

When I used the trial size of the cleanser, I had no problem. However, when I used it consistently, I found that I had issues and was eventually diagnosed with Rosacea. Each time I used the cleaner, I developed Rosacea, so I discontinuued use. I found that the transformative clay worked well and the issue with Rosasea slowly reduced and eventually went away.

I moved a way from Suki (not the transformative clay), as they had not introduced an anti-aging line (which has changed). I will be looking to replace the transformative clay as I am sad by the changes recently with the new introduction of the new formulation (which I hope still works), and the new packaging.

Until I received the new bottle, I had paid 35 for 50 mls. The new purchase price is 45 for only 30 mls. I sent Suki an email (last week) asking why the price difference, as it is now twice as much, and have not had anyone respond. I am contemplating sending my unopened bottle back.
Mirielle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I really enjoy this brand. It is quite costly but it has helped me with my irritated skin problems. I love the Suki concentrated balancing toner.
christer12
5% products discount

Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I love Suki! One of the best organic skincare products
lesleyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I thought Suki's exfoliating cleanser was great. One of the better organic cleansers that I have used and the smell is divine! Maybe you had a reaction to an ingredient in the cleanser? I do agree that the line is overpriced, though!

I've used Suki's and really enjoy the line. The exfoliating cleanser is highly effective, in my opinion, and I have sensitive skin. The granules are made from sugar and dissolve fairly quickly but if you don't want to use the cleanser as an exfoliator, you can rub a dab on the palm of your hand to make it creamy/foamy (add warm water) and then rub it on your face.
KrazieRunner

Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have congested skin and this line did nothing
for me. It felt like I was putting on sugar and oil on my face. Even the workers at whole foods were try to persuade me from using it. They said its really similar to Dr.H, so I didn't try that either. But I am having great results with Osmosis.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |