Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Home Spa Recipes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Oh and I should add that I'm recently prone to cystic acne on the nose and chin... Thank you!
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
havana8 is right Alley.. This is the 1st post of any hair recipe for me..

Carekate has many, many hair care recipe's.. Perhaps that's what you saw..

Thanks again havana8 for working so hard to keep all of the DIY recipe's in order.. You're my hero.. Very Happy

Swan, could you clarify what "borderline OSPW/DSPW" is?

ETA: Am I nuts, or did Havana8's post just disappear? Confused

That must have been what I saw but your recipe had the ingredients I remembered so I figured they were the same. Havana deleted her post after I responded to her in a PM to apologize and thank her, I asked her to leave it as as people could benefit from my stupidity.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I tried the pineapple + carrot peel last night and then the honey + egg yolk + yogurt mask today, mm mm YUM!!! Not sure about long term effects, but my skin felt great afterwards and I couldn't stop licking my mouth Laughing Laughing ! Thank you Kassy!! Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:03 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
I tried the pineapple + carrot peel last night and then the honey + egg yolk + yogurt mask today, mm mm YUM!!! Not sure about long term effects, but my skin felt great afterwards and I couldn't stop licking my mouth Laughing Laughing ! Thank you Kassy!! Very Happy

Swan, the pineapple/carrot is an enzyme mask, which will dissolve the dead skin layer on top.. Don't use that more freqently than once a week at most.

Glad you like them!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy do you put the hair gloss on dry hair?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:
Kassy do you put the hair gloss on dry hair?

It could be put on wet or dry hair technically, but my practice is to put my head under the tap, as hot as I can stand it, then towel blot and apply to warm just damp hair..

I feel it is much easier to spread, and absorbs better, on damp hair.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Kassey,
These recipes are great. I'll definitely try the moisturizing one today.
I don't have pineapple at home, so I'll do the peel with the bought enzyme mask (PSF pumpkin peel) and then follow with your moisturizing mask (honey+yolk+yogurt).
Many thanks Wink!
Rubby

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
TONIC/TONER FOR OILY CONGESTED SKIN and/or BLACKHEADS

I'm not quite sure if it's the iron, the minerals, or the antiseptic qualities that make this work, but somehow it helps when used on a regular basis.

1 bunch of parsley chopped in half
10oz of non-carbonated mineral water
10 drops fresh lemon juice
10 drops white or apple cider vinegar

Chop the parsley in half and put it in a small saucepan, pour the mineral water in pushing the parsley down so the water just about covers it.. Cover and let this just sit and soak for 24 hours at room temp.. (Don't heat it!)... Next day add the lemon juice + vinegar, strain the liquid into a clean water bottle (or whatever you have on hand) + shake a bit.

Saturate a cotton ball with this, and apply + massage to your cleansed face for a minute or so.. (You can avoid the eye area if you tend to be dry there.) Finish up with a cold damp cloth pressed to your face for a minute..

TIP: Use this in place of cleanser in the A.M., or whenever you don't need to remove makeup.. Most cleansers/toners that are made for oily skin conditions tend to be very harsh and wind up stripping the skin of all oils, and that will cause a viscous cycle with more oil being produced to compensate.. Hence the "oily but dry" complaints we hear so often.

Keep in fridge!
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Update: I used the hair gloss and wow it is wonderful. I have over processing damage that seemed to be getting worse in the last year. One application has made a noticeable improvement, especially with fly aways. My plan is to use for the next couple of weekends to try to undue the majority of the damage.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
My Indian friend makes skin preparations. One of them was herbs/spices and yogourt I believe, possibly with a bit of lemon. Next time I get together with my friend I will ask her for the recipe. When I was having a bad break out she was so sweet she mixed me up a batch and gave me advice. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the hair mask last night, but had a difficult time rinsing it out afterwards and ended up having to re-shampoo twice. Am I doing something wrong or backwards? I applied the mask to wet hair after washing, massaged into scalp, then combed through and waited 30 mintues. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
I tried the hair mask last night, but had a difficult time rinsing it out afterwards and ended up having to re-shampoo twice. Am I doing something wrong or backwards? I applied the mask to wet hair after washing, massaged into scalp, then combed through and waited 30 mintues. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Please tell me you read my entire recipe post, and didn't dump the whole thing on your head at once.. Shock

Put all in jar and stir/shake well. It will get better as it sits, so make a day or so in advance.. Storing at room temp is fine. If you want to keep it in fridge, just decant what you need about an hour prior to use.

The recipe is for approximately 1 1/2 cups total, which is enough for probably 6 or 8 masks, depending on hair length + texture.. You only need to use a couple of TBS each time.

Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan I also washed my hair twice after applying the mask. It seemed like the 1st go round took the majority of the mask out but then I needed to go back and get the remaining out. I did exactly what you did, the only difference being I left it on for an hour, which I will be doing again this weekend.
I think I read somewhere that you are to wash any masks out but just not to use a clarifying shampoo.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to try that parsley water! Sounds awesome.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Please tell me you read my entire recipe post, and didn't dump the whole thing on your head at once.. Shock

Put all in jar and stir/shake well. It will get better as it sits, so make a day or so in advance.. Storing at room temp is fine. If you want to keep it in fridge, just decant what you need about an hour prior to use.

The recipe is for approximately 1 1/2 cups total, which is enough for probably 6 or 8 masks, depending on hair length + texture.. You only need to use a couple of TBS each time.

rofl rofl Dr Kassy! Shock Give me some credit here! I may not be smart but I did read the whole post!! Of course I didn't use it all in one go Laughing Laughing Laughing
I still have more than 3/4 of what I made.. I just felt sticky and oily after the mask, that's all. See, Alley washed twice too! Thanks Alley!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good girl!

happyinorbit
5% products discount

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! The pineapple and carrot mask is amazing! I tried it last night and I could totally feel it working! My skin felt so smooth and soft after. The only thing I wouldnt do again is put it too close to my eyes. The skin around my eyes were red and irritated and a little puffy this morning. Otherwise, it treated the rest of my face beautifully! I will definately be making this again!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi there. I know Dr Kassy is on holiday, but I wonder if anyone can help me with a quick question please? I am ready to make batch #002 of the hair treatment, and was wondering if I can use coconut oil in place of the olive oil the recipe? I recently bought a huge tub of the stuff and am trying to figure out ways to use it up... Thanks!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:28 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Hi there. I know Dr Kassy is on holiday, but I wonder if anyone can help me with a quick question please? I am ready to make batch #002 of the hair treatment, and was wondering if I can use coconut oil in place of the olive oil the recipe? I recently bought a huge tub of the stuff and am trying to figure out ways to use it up... Thanks!

Personally I don't see why not - Kassy is back from holiday so maybe she will chime in. I know the feeling of having too much of a good thing and trying to find a way to use it!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Swan, I'm looking at your signature line and wondering if you should go lightly on *any* oil use..

Coconut oil is great stuff though, so could be worth a try, but you might want to incorporate an enzyme containing mask once a week as well.. (pineapple or pumpkin for instance, which will exfoliate like crazy, soften the sebum for easy removal, keep the pores clear, and help fade freckles + discolorations.) Alpha Hydroxy and Lactic Acid should be your friend as well.. Very Happy

You might also want to get your hands on a bottle of Organic Jojoba Oil (a wax ester really and not an oil), which can actually trick your skin into producing less sebum, because it's so close to what we have naturally, the skin recognizes it as oil production, and doesn't overly produce more sebum..

Okay, that barely makes sense to me, so I hope it's a little clearer to you.. Got to get the little whipper snappers into bed, so I can think straight...

fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Alley and Kassy!
Kassy, do you mean I should use an enzyme mask / AHA acids on my scalp once a week? Eh? Eh? I do use jojoba, but I mix it with my regular moisturizer for use on the face. I've never tried it in the hair.. Should I use that instead of the coconut in the hair treatment recipe? I've got lots of that too! Laughing Thanks!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Lawd have mercy... I completely missed the *hair* part.. Rolling Eyes Bad Grin Rolling Eyes

That's the last time I'll put my 2 cents in, while the grandkids are running amok.. Yeeesh!

Save the AHA, + enzyme stuff for the face.. Laughing

fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:34 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Ok thanks Kassy! I thought the idea of enzymes and AHAs in the hair was kinda wierd! Laughing Laughing Laughing Have fun with the grandkids and I'll let you know how the coconut hair treatment goes Very Happy

mayhua
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:22 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Okay, for all you other kitchen houdini's out there, I'll start you off with a couple of nice mask recipe's to get rid of the dull, tired, winter blue's.

If you try and like these, then I'll add some more as we go along..

And away we go!

Always apply to a clean face, that is left a bit moist from a final pore opening with application of hot cloth to face, neck + decollette... If time permits, treat your hands as well!

PINEAPPLE + CARROT MASK

Very sensitive skin girls might want to avoid this one, or use for only half the suggested time, or add 1/4 cup of water to the recipe.. This one is loaded with enzymes, and will literally dissolve the dead cells from the top layer of your skin. Avoid the upper eyelid with this, but you can try a dab on the brow bone.

1/4 cup fresh pineapple (may substitute pure non-sweetened fruit or juice, but it's not as good.)
1/4 cup fresh grated carrot (may substitute pure carrot juice, but again, not as good.)

Whoosh it all up in a blender, dab on mixture to any areas you want to treat liberally, + saturate either a cotton hanky, or large piece of gauze with the rest. Now lie down, cover face and neck with the fabric and relax for 20 minutes (10 or till you feel a tingle for sensitive gals.)

Rinse well with warm water. If you are a rhino hyde like me, you can now use your microfiber cloth or clarisonic or face brush, to finish the job!

HONEY, EGG YOLK + YOGURT

This one will feed your skin with vitamins, protein, lactic acid, lecithin and more.. It will exfoliate a bit of the dead cells, and give you lots of moisture as well.. Some will note a pleasant tightening feeling as well. Safe for all around the eye area.

(Save the egg white to be used the next day in the a.m. for a great tightening treatment.. Whisk, apply to face, let dry, (you'll look 20 for a few minutes.. Laughing , and rinse.) Oh yeah, and if you can master just the right, delicate touch, a tiny dab of egg white applied under the eye, can get rid of the dreaded bags for a few hours.. But, the least amount possible, is what works!

2 TBS raw, natural honey (from health food store or natural section)
1 egg yolk
2 TBS plain yogurt

Whisk it all together, apply, and lay down and relax for 30 minutes.. Rinse well with lots of warm water, and enjoy the lovely glow.. Cool

SKIN FIRMER UPPER

This is a nice little mask that is great to use before a nice night out on the town.. It will tighten a bit, and give you a nice little healthy glow.

1 TBS of powdered milk
1 TBS of raw, natural honey
1 egg white

Whisk the egg white till frothy, whisk in other ingredients, and apply to face + neck. Can and should be used all around the eyes.. Rinse with warm water when dry.. 30 to 40ish minutes is about right for this one..

Okay, so lets see how these work out, and we can take it from there. Very Happy

pi would like to know if powdered milk is baby's powdered milk or is there a kind of powdered milk?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
No, not baby formula.. It's just called "Instant Nonfat Dry Milk", and I buy the box with 12 individual envelopes..

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |