Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
MaMa Lotion-Anyone using?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:12 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:

Is M2 made by the same company as MaMa? What's the difference?

I’m guessing it’s the same company as they share a website
http://www.mcklabs.com/

I’ve also used original Mama off and on for maybe a year (?) and also been using the new M2 for around 2 weeks. Must have ordered the same time as BumbleB.

Agree with all BumbleB’s comments above on the new version. The new M2 definitely seems stickier than MaMa to me. I use it at night, and I can’t imagine using it in the day and putting make-up on top. I also noticed the “different” smell and had a look at the ingredients to try to pin it down. I’m wondering if it’s the artemisia vulgaris extract which is fairly high on the ingredients list? (Otherwise known as mugwort) Now I have no idea what mugwort smells like, but apparently it’s quite popular in witchcraft for things such as, oh, inducing hallucinations and astral travel Laughing

I also got the M2 cleanser and moisturiser. The cleanser seems OK, and I’m using it all over at the moment, not just face. I will probably buy this again. Now, the moisturiser I really like, one of the nicest moisturisers I’ve used in a while but in possibly the silliest packaging I’ve seen. When I first got it I thought I’d never work out how to get the stuff out - maybe I’m packaging challenged. Don’t know how to describe but it’s kind of a “pump top jar” which annoys me every time I use it. Must have been designed by a man!
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Appletini - I'm looking at the M2 line right now and wonder if you still like it? The Cosmion mask-plus-M2-products was rec'd to me as a treatment system for age spots. I have fair aging skin, so if it's doing good things for you, please let me know what type of skin you have. TIA--
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Now I have no idea what mugwort smells like, but apparently it’s quite popular in witchcraft for things such as, oh, inducing hallucinations and astral travel

If the M2 line would guarantee astral travel, I'd definitely order it! Very Happy
gicugy
5% products discount

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:55 am      Reply with quote
where can I get it?
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Jax - sorry I missed your post till now but, yes, I’m still using some of the M2 products. My skin is pale, kind of oily, mixed European/Asian.

I’ve already gone through 2 of the Skin Refinish (have been applying it nightly on the face and entire body above the waist, so I’m using it up quickly). I’ve changed back to the original MaMa lotion, for a number of reasons. 1. Original Mama is definitely less sticky. 2. MaMa is a little cheaper (at least on EDS), not enough to make a difference for the average user who just uses it on their face/neck, but I’m also applying to arms, chest, back, etc, and just received another four! 3. I like the MaMa packaging better, as the M2 is in one of those opaque pump containers where you can’t see how much product is remaining. I hate that, as you don’t know when it’s going to run out.
I think the effects/ingredients of both are similar, but I’m going back to original MaMa for the above reasons.

The M2 moisturiser - I ordered another one of these, despite the silly packaging. Am using it as a day moisturiser (face and neck) and it does seem to give my face a nice “glow” without a greasy residue.

Am on my 3rd M2 cleanser, using body and face. It’s really quite a nice cleanser, with no SLS or sulfates. Not sure what the pH is, but seems on the acidic side, which is what I want.

Jax - I don’t have a problem with age spots (touch wood), so can’t speak to that. I’m using M2 and MaMa more as a general acid product, and also to deal with some annoying fungal issues on my body..
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a sample of this once and it burnt the living daylights out of my skin. Should've done a bit of a test run on this one prior to all out application.....needless to say, haven't touched it since.....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
ad888

Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
I also tried it hoping it would clear my blackheads, but from the first time I used it my skin became very red and sensitive so I stopped after a few days. I have heard great reviews from some people though so if you can get a sample it might be worth a try.
Bree22
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:03 am      Reply with quote
just ordered mama lotion and waiting to receive my order.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I tried a sample of MaMa Lotion once last week just on my chin and I haven't stopped peeling since! I also think it was responsible for purging a couple MONSTER cysts, so I'm praying for clear skin after Shock
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
appletini - Are M2 and Mama fungicides? I'm just catching up with this thread and don't recall reading about that.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Would the MaMa Lotion work on the "chickenskin" in my tear trough area? I could apply if with a q'tip? It may be milia but if it is, it's starting to take over my under eyes like crazy. I've tried retin a & it hasn't worked. Maybe this is just the way skin looks & I'm being too critical? I wonder.....
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Jax wrote:
appletini - Are M2 and Mama fungicides? I'm just catching up with this thread and don't recall reading about that.

Not sure where I read it, but in the many happy hours I've spent researching topical antifungals I did come across mention of mandelic acid. It does make some sense, as fungus doesn't like an acid environment apparently.
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
RuthMarion - RetinA usually works on milia. What you have near your eyes may be tiny cysts or flock warts. I've had a couple of those on the rim of my lower eyelid, between my lashes. During an eye exam, the opthamologist aspirated them with a needle and that took care of it. My cousin gets these and has the same thing done periodically when they start to increase in number.

appletini - what topical antifungal has worked best for you?
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Jax, I have an upcoming opthamologist appt. - what an excellent idea to ask him (it helps that he sidelines in blephs & botox/fillers, too). I don't remember there ever being so awful many of these bumps. I really doubt that it's milia. Your mentioning flat warts actually makes sense - it seems like they are cropping up all over at this new stage of my life Neutral . Perhaps he will suggest to continue with retinoid in that area & I will leave the MaMa lotion to other, less sensitive parts.

Great idea.
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:36 am      Reply with quote
RuthMarion - If they're flock warts, they'll probably have to be scraped off with a curette (I think that's what those small knives are called). My eyelid bumps were cysts so the needle worked, but I also had flock warts on my cheek a long time ago. They're very tiny and a derm scraped them off. There were pin-dot sized scabs that flaked off pretty quickly...looked kind of like I had skinned myself shaving. :P Fortunately they didn't come back. Your opthamologist should be able to take care of whatever it is on the spot.

You might want to start a new thread on the results after you see your dr. because I think there are a lot of women on this board who have tiny bumps on the skin around the eyes and think it's milia, when it might be something else. I'd certainly be interested in what your doc says... Smile
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Will do, Jax. I'm certain that even I had some of these before, I sure didn't have this many. The least we can do is report on good & bad procedures to help our fellow members. Wink
havana8

Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
*bumping for MariaIG*

there's also this thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=25796&highlight=mama
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Found it!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |