Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Home made Body Peeling with coffee
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I thought I could tell you all about my favourite and cheap Body Peeling.

I got the idea when I visited a SPA, and they had all kinds of body wrappings, with clay, chocolate, coffee etc.

The coffee would help the body to burn more fat, make you more alert.

I don't drink coffee myself, but I bought a package of moth coffee an made some. Then I let the wet coffee cool down and put in in a jar, thought I needed something to "glue" the mass together, and came up the the idea to use Olive oil. Olive oil are a known old beauty oil, many uses a small amount to help try skin, specially during dry winter months.

So, I mixed the ingredient together and took a shower and used as I would use a regular Body peeling. But, do not over do the olive oil, its a very fat oil and will make the floor slippery if your not careful.
And do not use it in your face...

If you have another body oil - it should work as well.

Try it - and see what You think!

My skin don't itch and dry out anymore wintertime, but see to that you rinse out truly, and soap up. The oil might have a slight smell to it, in greater amounts on the skin otherwise.
Smile
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
have you added some unrefined ultimate dark brown sugar? I have a body polish which contents this kind of sugar and coffee. Looks funny but very nice.
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:34 am      Reply with quote
ximing wrote:
have you added some unrefined ultimate dark brown sugar? I have a body polish which contents this kind of sugar and coffee. Looks funny but very nice.

Interesting, no I haven't tried it with brown sugar. I will do that new time around. Smile
I guess you buy your product, what brand?
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing I bought it in BOOTS, UK. It only costs 5 pound around. I am sure nobody knows this brand (I don't know either). It is Deadseasource.

The link here is the bottle I bought. http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10052&productId=49583&callingViewName=&langId=-1&catalogId=11051

I bought in special offer, 3 for 2. haha

I know another brand "fresh" which has sugar mask or exfoliation. A few of my friends used fresh sugar range and they told me very good.
JennyJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
How long do you leave the coffee/oil combo on your skin? How often do you do this? I would like to try it! A good way to use up those leftover coffee grounds! Great idea.
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
JennyJam wrote:
How long do you leave the coffee/oil combo on your skin? How often do you do this? I would like to try it! A good way to use up those leftover coffee grounds! Great idea.

Hi Jenny,

Not for long I would say, just as long as it takes to peel all over the body. I have sensitive skin, so I get a little red even though I'm use it gently.
In SPA treatments they leave the coffee on for a longer wile, I have never tried that, mainly because its sticky and not practical in my apartment..

I use it a couple of times a week, in the winter. Yes, pleas try it, and tell me what you think, and if you got another kind of oil working for you.
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I did that a few times, only I used castor oil instead of olive oil.
I was trying the coffee grounds as a scrub in an effort to get rid of cellulite. I thought that the castor oil might draw out toxins. And internally I have been using flax with lingans to clear the fat deposits. I have no idea if it will work, I am totally winging this entire experiment. I am also trying to sweat more. I don't sweat enough, and I think that maybe its contributing to this cellulite? If indeed cellulite is from toxins. (Sigh).

I often will take niacin first---I need to improve my circulation anyway, plus it makes me itch, and using a scrub or dry brush is the perfect way to scratch!
What surprised me was that my skin woke up from the coffee grounds! It was the weirdest thing!
It also turned me into a lovely shade of brown, much nicer than fake tan creams. I wished I could figure out how to just dye myself with it...perhaps just make a bath and sit in it. It would be very even, no? haha.
(I naturally turn brown when tan, and not golden anyway...)
What are you doing to keep the grounds from going down the drain? It is so incredibly messy.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

Interesting indeed. Does your skin actually peel after you apply this homemade peel? I'd like to exfoliate my body skin to the point I see the skin peeling off. I bought a cream with alpha hydroxy acid in it, and it's supposed to exfoliate, but I don't really see skin peeling off. I do notice that as I rub the cream on my skin, I get stuff coming loose on my hands. I'm not sure if that's excess cream that the body couldn't absorb, or it's the dead skin coming loose.

I was wondering what you think of adding eggs to the mix in addition to the oil and coffee. I do drink coffee and have been just throwing the used coffee away on the ground. Someone said it's good for fertilizer. But if it's good for peel, then very cool. I'll try it.
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
It didn't make me peel...but I wasn't letting it sit like a mask...was using it as a scrub.
JennyJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Vanilj wrote:

Hi Jenny,

Not for long I would say, just as long as it takes to peel all over the body. I have sensitive skin, so I get a little red even though I'm use it gently.
In SPA treatments they leave the coffee on for a longer wile, I have never tried that, mainly because its sticky and not practical in my apartment..

I use it a couple of times a week, in the winter. Yes, pleas try it, and tell me what you think, and if you got another kind of oil working for you.

T

Thank you! I have never done a peel on my body before and so I don't really know what to expect. Just to be different, I might try using it with grapeseed oil to see how that works out. I will let you know!
ralenth
5% products discount

Sat May 02, 2009 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps a silly question, but this work with coffee grounds leftovers as well? I'd love to find a use for all those espresso grounds we have now that we don't have a garden...
Ang3LiCD3viLZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Instead of coffee, will chocolate works equally well? Sorry for the silly question, cause most of the time in spa I'm dealing with chocolate instead of coffee.
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 3:35 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Hello,

Interesting indeed. Does your skin actually peel after you apply this homemade peel? I'd like to exfoliate my body skin to the point I see the skin peeling off. I bought a cream with alpha hydroxy acid in it, and it's supposed to exfoliate, but I don't really see skin peeling off. I do notice that as I rub the cream on my skin, I get stuff coming loose on my hands. I'm not sure if that's excess cream that the body couldn't absorb, or it's the dead skin coming loose.

I was wondering what you think of adding eggs to the mix in addition to the oil and coffee. I do drink coffee and have been just throwing the used coffee away on the ground. Someone said it's good for fertilizer. But if it's good for peel, then very cool. I'll try it.

Hmm...I'm wondering if I have expressed this subject in the wrong way. When I say peel, I meant it as a scrub. In Sweden we use the same term, in translation.. I'm sorry if I have confused anyone. Its a scrub.

Can somebody please tell me the difference between bodypeeling-/exfoliation-/bodyscrub- creams, so I wouldn't make the same mistake again. Embarassed
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Ang3LiCD3viLZ wrote:
Instead of coffee, will chocolate works equally well? Sorry for the silly question, cause most of the time in spa I'm dealing with chocolate instead of coffee.

I have no idea! Smile But it sound interesting, why not try that! Do tell if you will try it. The thing about coffee "leftovers" is that the grains are fine enough to work as a scrub, and not harsh to the skin, if you use the "fine grains" kinds of coffee brands.
I have never used the chocolate in the SPA. Should be good for..?
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 3:48 am      Reply with quote
ralenth wrote:
Perhaps a silly question, but this work with coffee grounds leftovers as well? I'd love to find a use for all those espresso grounds we have now that we don't have a garden...

Yes, exactly. Just make sure that the grains are of the "finer" kind, so it wouldn't be too harsh on the skin.
JennyJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 04, 2009 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!

I tried using the coffee grounds and grapeseed oil as a scrub and it was very nice! I have only tried it once so far, but it felt nice on my skin, and left my skin nice and moisturized. I think the caffeine in the coffee increased the circulation boost from the scrubbing action. I will try it again, and I might add some vanilla just for a lovely scent.
suzyIQ
5% products discount

Tue May 05, 2009 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have been reading about research on caffeine and how it rejuvenates and renews skins natural exfoliation process. When I read your post I realized that you are onto something good. Thank you for sharing this with everyone. Exclamation

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to let you all know that I added some cocoa to the coffee ground/grapeseed oil/vanilla mix and came up with a mocha scrub! Apparently cocoa flavanoids are good for the skin( http://bastyrcenter.org/content/view/1135/)!
ralenth
5% products discount

Fri May 08, 2009 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I tired this with my espresso grounds and a little bit of Trader Joe's cocoa. Not only did I smell fantastic but my skin was super smooth. Thanks for the great idea!
gunjee
5% products discount

Fri May 08, 2009 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds messy, though. Doesn't this clog up your shower drain?

-Shilpa
ralenth
5% products discount

Fri May 08, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't have any problems with it clogging my drain. I didn't use that much though. Maybe a double shot worth of grounds and a tsp. of cocoa powder. I mixed them in an empty plastic jar beforehand.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 08, 2009 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Exfoliating products have very fine grit and are used to remove dead skin cells from the surface of your face gently.

Scrubs are coarser grit, too harsh for facial skin, used to remove dead cells from your body and stimulate circulation. If you use coarse grit on your face, you run risk of damaging capillaries.

The coffee thing isn't a scrub - it's a wrap. You coat yourself in the coffee/oil goo and wrap yourself in plastic wrap warm sheets for a while. That's supposed to let you absorb the caffeine that will melt away the cellulite. When you're bathing it away in the shower, it functions as a scrub - but that's not its main purpose.

What a mess. I did that daily for a week one year. Coated myself (which is really hard to do because it slides off), wrapped myself and laid flat on the bathroom floor for a half hour.

Coffee stains, so my skin got a nice brownish/tan glow and I smelled like coffee all day long.

There was no way to tell if it got rid of any cellulite. If once a day x 7 isn't enough to see a difference, then I have to suggest that once a month in a spa is worthless.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:36 am      Reply with quote
definitely try the suggestion with sugar. I have loved the fresh brand sugar scrub. I know its an easy diy and need to try it myself!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |