Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



:: Review :: YONKA JUVENIL - WOW!!

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Nov 2003
Posts: 342
Thu May 05, 2005 4:09 am      Reply with quote
This is a very quick review of YOnka Juvenil as I have only used it once, but can see results already. I had a lump at the side of my chin, like a spot that had never turned into a spot but just sat under the skin. It was quite big and hard and sore, but there was nothing to squeeze out of it (sorry for the indepth description)! Anyway I thought I'd try Juvenil last night and put a little dab on this lump, over my Creme 15 (not even sure this is the right way to do it) and went to bed and forgot about it. This morning - wow! There is still a bit of a lump there but it is so much smaller I can't believe it! Especially as it's been there for weeks and weeks (maybe even a couple of months). I am seriously impressed. I've also got the Yonka Emulsion Pure which I'm looking forward to trying, so look out for future reviews. Hope this helps anyone out there who is thinking of trying Yonka. I can highly recommend this product.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Yonka Juvenil (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Yonka Juvenil (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Stand up against acne blemishes with Yonka Paris Juvenil - Deep Acne Fluid. It uses natural and gentle, yet effective essential oils to clear, smooth, and calm your inflammed, uncomfortable skin for a healthy-looking complexion.

marmur1
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Apr 2005
Posts: 225
Thu May 05, 2005 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great review! I get lumpy spots like that which never seem to come up, and I'll definitely keep this in mind for the next one!

_________________
Dry sensitive skin with hormonal breakouts, 29 years old
Joom
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Apr 2005
Posts: 29
Fri May 06, 2005 12:27 am      Reply with quote
I've read some really great reviews about this stuff lately and I'm really tempted to buy it. I've just been having a look before I place my order and there's 3 Yonka products which all sound like they do a similar job Juvenil, Creme 15 or Pure concentrate emulsion. Has anybody experience of all 3 and could advise which would be best? Basically I get maybe a couple of spots a month on my chin or jawline, they're usually pretty large and painful.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Posts: 4044
Fri May 06, 2005 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Joom wrote:
I've read some really great reviews about this stuff lately and I'm really tempted to buy it. I've just been having a look before I place my order and there's 3 Yonka products which all sound like they do a similar job Juvenil, Creme 15 or Pure concentrate emulsion. Has anybody experience of all 3 and could advise which would be best? Basically I get maybe a couple of spots a month on my chin or jawline, they're usually pretty large and painful.
See this thread with overview of the products you mentioned from our resident Yonka expert, ChunLisa: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5120&highlight=yonka

_________________
Über-oily,semi-sensitive, warm/fair-skinned redhead, 38...Will swap/shop for members outside U.S. and/or make homemade skincare products upon demand-PM me for details.
chunlisa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Jul 2003
Posts: 259
Sat May 07, 2005 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks CareKate! So glad that there are Juvenil believers out there! It's really one of those products you've got to use to "see" and "believe" it =D Seriously, if I were to go on vacation and had to take ONE item with me, it would be Juvenil. I'd just wash my face with normal soap and water, but I would NEED Juvenil to keep me tame. Cool

_________________
oily skin, occasional breakouts, mid-20s
marmur1
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Apr 2005
Posts: 225
Tue May 10, 2005 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great review and the link to the previous review by ChunLisa.

I couldn't have seen this at a better time...

I'm completely broken out at the moment and will be even more so in about a week when the hormones kick in. Thanks for sharing your story about this. I haven't found anything that has worked, so I'm excited to try this new line. I ordered the Juvenil and also got the Gel Nettoyant, Creme 15 and the Pure Concentrate Emulsion. I can't wait to try them all!

Thanks again Very Happy

_________________
Dry sensitive skin with hormonal breakouts, 29 years old
Joom
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Apr 2005
Posts: 29
Wed May 11, 2005 12:27 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link to the other thread Carekate I've definitely made up my mind now, I'll be ordering the Juvenil straight away.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 24 Mar 2005
Posts: 2829
Wed May 11, 2005 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I was lucky enough to get a sample of Phyto 52 moisturiser, now as I have oily skin I didn't think this would be much use to me.
Well I've been using this as an eye moisturiser at night and I love it, it really soothes my eye area and I only need the tiniest bit Very Happy

_________________
oily/acne prone - acne scars on chin area/Large Pores in winter. Oily in Summer. Fair, nuetral/cool complexion, burn easily. Early 20s
steph2039
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Oct 2004
Posts: 89
Wed May 11, 2005 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I couldn't agree more with the raves about Juvenil. I started using the Juvenil and Creme 15 (I'm mixing a few drops of Juv into the Creme 15) about 2 weeks ago and the results are fantastic.

My school schedule is very stressful this term Sad so I've been having a lot of breakouts around my chin area. Since starting these two yonka products the breakouts are definately under control. Very Happy

Stephanie
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Jan 2005
Posts: 526
Wed May 11, 2005 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of a place where they sell Juvenil in the UK? I wanna try out a sample if poss before ordering full size.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 24 Mar 2005
Posts: 2829
Wed May 11, 2005 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
I too really want to try a sample of this

_________________
oily/acne prone - acne scars on chin area/Large Pores in winter. Oily in Summer. Fair, nuetral/cool complexion, burn easily. Early 20s
Pinup Girl
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Nov 2004
Posts: 54
Wed May 11, 2005 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Great reviews...thank you!!! I have tried so many on-the-spot treatments that didn't really do much and smell awful (like the drying potions & lotions with the sulfur suspended in liquid that looks like put dots of calamine lotion on your face...pretty!!!) Laughing
stephie
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Posts: 65
Fri May 13, 2005 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Rachael wrote:
This is a very quick review of YOnka Juvenil as I have only used it once, but can see results already. I had a lump at the side of my chin, like a spot that had never turned into a spot but just sat under the skin. It was quite big and hard and sore, but there was nothing to squeeze out of it (sorry for the indepth description)! Anyway I thought I'd try Juvenil last night and put a little dab on this lump, over my Creme 15 (not even sure this is the right way to do it) and went to bed and forgot about it. This morning - wow! There is still a bit of a lump there but it is so much smaller I can't believe it! Especially as it's been there for weeks and weeks (maybe even a couple of months). I am seriously impressed. I've also got the Yonka Emulsion Pure which I'm looking forward to trying, so look out for future reviews. Hope this helps anyone out there who is thinking of trying Yonka. I can highly recommend this product.


wow. I have this same problem...I NEED THIS PRODUCT!! does anyone know what stores carry Yonka products? I don't think I can wait 2 weeks to order it online!!

thanks.
Mabsy
Moderator

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2003
Posts: 9643
Thu May 26, 2005 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I'd also like to add my recommendation for this. It may not smell the best (although I quite like the herbal smell) but it is a very effective and non-drying product for pimples. I'm running low on mine and will have to repurchase soon.

As for YonKa being sold in stores, I would check with the YonKa website and see if they have a stockist directory. I always get mine on EDS as it's cheapest - plus I haven't actually seen YonKa in Australia at all.

_________________
38, NW20, combination skin
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Posts: 4044
Thu May 26, 2005 5:37 am      Reply with quote
FYI - I’ve figured out the recipe for Yonka Emulsion Pure (the other must-have product in the Yonka pimple-fighting arsenal – this stuff is for those horrid “Mt. Vesuvius” type of bumps that are really painful but won’t seem to come to a head) and posted it under the DIY thread.

I’ve also figured out how to make homemade Juvenil, but I’m having a devil of a time trying to locate one of the ingredients, called “Ichthiol” – anybody ever heard of it or know where I can find it? The “EP” recipe was so successful, I’m dying to try my hand at the Juvenil....

_________________
Über-oily,semi-sensitive, warm/fair-skinned redhead, 38...Will swap/shop for members outside U.S. and/or make homemade skincare products upon demand-PM me for details.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Posts: 4044
Thu May 26, 2005 5:38 am      Reply with quote
P.S. Mabsy, did you manage to get your hands on some Jergens Natural Glow while you were here? If yes, whatdaya think of it?

_________________
Über-oily,semi-sensitive, warm/fair-skinned redhead, 38...Will swap/shop for members outside U.S. and/or make homemade skincare products upon demand-PM me for details.
Mabsy
Moderator

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2003
Posts: 9643
Thu May 26, 2005 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Doesn't at all surprise me that you have reverse-engineered a recipe for Emulsion Pure Laughing Is there anything that you can't do??? Razz

carekate wrote:
P.S. Mabsy, did you manage to get your hands on some Jergens Natural Glow while you were here? If yes, whatdaya think of it?


Yes, thank you for asking! I got two tubes of it (just in case I like it Smile) and I have to say that this stuff was VERY HARD to find! I am embarassed to say this but I have not yet tried a single thing that I bought while I was away. I have this big bag of cosmetics that I brought back (mainly MAC, some Pout, and of course the Jergen's) and this is still sitting in the corner. I'm going to have a play with everything on the weekend - I've just been jetlagged and catching up on work. I must admit though that the concept of unopened makeup/skincare sitting in the corner of my room rather disturbs me... perhaps I'm coming down with something..... Laughing

_________________
38, NW20, combination skin
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 31 Jul 2004
Posts: 364
Thu May 26, 2005 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I have this and I try to remember to use it but maybe I just have to get my head wrapped around the idea that something so gentle can work. The last few breakouts I've had I still reached for my DDF BP/Sulfur Gel even though I hid it deep under the sink.
Joom
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Apr 2005
Posts: 29
Fri May 27, 2005 12:51 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to say a big thanks to you all for recommending this. I purchased it a couple of weeks ago and it's great. One of the only spot treatments that doesn't dry out my skin. I was a bit sceptical at first when I put some in my hand as it looks like muddy water but it really does work magic on spots.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Jul 2003
Posts: 1277
Fri May 27, 2005 2:27 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
FYI - I’ve figured out the recipe for Yonka Emulsion Pure (the other must-have product in the Yonka pimple-fighting arsenal – this stuff is for those horrid “Mt. Vesuvius” type of bumps that are really painful but won’t seem to come to a head) and posted it under the DIY thread.

I’ve also figured out how to make homemade Juvenil, but I’m having a devil of a time trying to locate one of the ingredients, called “Ichthiol” – anybody ever heard of it or know where I can find it? The “EP” recipe was so successful, I’m dying to try my hand at the Juvenil....


I've not tried to but since the active ingredients appear to be essential oil/extracts.

_________________
Using. ADCE day & night
Squeegy
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 3
Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I received a sample of Juvenil from a friend, and tried it on a small pimple that was starting to appear on my face. That pimple went away quickly, so I decided to buy a bottle of the stuff.

It worked for about a month, and then my acne came back in full force. I foolishly continue to use Juvenil, even though my face currently looks like a pepperoni pizza.

Juvenil worked deceptively well for a while, but it has been five months now, and my skin is worse than it was when I first started using it.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Posts: 4044
Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Squeegy wrote:
I received a sample of Juvenil from a friend, and tried it on a small pimple that was starting to appear on my face. That pimple went away quickly, so I decided to buy a bottle of the stuff.

It worked for about a month, and then my acne came back in full force. I foolishly continue to use Juvenil, even though my face currently looks like a pepperoni pizza.

Juvenil worked deceptively well for a while, but it has been five months now, and my skin is worse than it was when I first started using it.


Are you certain you're not just experiencing the purging period that always accompanies using an acne/breakout product that contains ingredients to "draw" the impurities to the surface of the skin and purge them out?

_________________
Über-oily,semi-sensitive, warm/fair-skinned redhead, 38...Will swap/shop for members outside U.S. and/or make homemade skincare products upon demand-PM me for details.
Squeegy
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 3
Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Carekate,

Thanks for the quick reply to my post! I suppose it's possible that this is a purging period, but 5 months seems like a very long time for purging. I've continued using Juvenil because I hope this is just temporary.

Squeegy


carekate wrote:
Squeegy wrote:
I received a sample of Juvenil from a friend, and tried it on a small pimple that was starting to appear on my face. That pimple went away quickly, so I decided to buy a bottle of the stuff.

It worked for about a month, and then my acne came back in full force. I foolishly continue to use Juvenil, even though my face currently looks like a pepperoni pizza.

Juvenil worked deceptively well for a while, but it has been five months now, and my skin is worse than it was when I first started using it.


Are you certain you're not just experiencing the purging period that always accompanies using an acne/breakout product that contains ingredients to "draw" the impurities to the surface of the skin and purge them out?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Posts: 4044
Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Squeegy wrote:
Hi Carekate,

Thanks for the quick reply to my post! I suppose it's possible that this is a purging period, but 5 months seems like a very long time for purging. I've continued using Juvenil because I hope this is just temporary.
Have you been using Juvenil EVERY SINGLE DAY for the past 5 months, or are you using it only ocassionally? If you've only been using it ocassionally, then it is entirely possible that your purging period has been prolonged.

_________________
Über-oily,semi-sensitive, warm/fair-skinned redhead, 38...Will swap/shop for members outside U.S. and/or make homemade skincare products upon demand-PM me for details.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 961
Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
rzecka wrote:
Does anyone know of a place where they sell Juvenil in the UK? I wanna try out a sample if poss before ordering full size.


You can find it at hqhair.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Osmotics Blue Copper 5 Prime Sleep Tight Mask (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Tanda ZAP - Pink Ahava Age Control Even Tone Sleeping Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)