Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is your best kept secret towards a beautiful skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:47 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Copious amounts of supplements and green drinks, facial exercise - faithfully and consistently done, feeling happy, sleeping well! (i'm the queen of that). ... Washing my face always before going to bed, faithful use of good skin care and rotating products. Great friends, lots of fun, dancing and laughing.... A feeling of love, hope and joy shows on the face.

fang wrote:
I SLEEP 9 HOURS A DAY Very Happy

SERIOUSLY Cool

Both of these posts brought a smile to my face! Laughing Wonderful advice for living well!

I also take copious amounts of supplements. The list is too long, but these would be the bare minimum for great skin:

1. A good multi-vitamin
2. High quality fish oil (e.g. Nordic Naturals)
3. 1000 mg vitamin C daily
4. MSM
5. Biosil

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:02 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
I would have said sunscreen but now I hardly wear it. It is the one product that has done the most to irritate my skin and/or cause the worst break-outs I have ever had in my life OR make it dry and senstive. Instead, I take anti-oxidant supplements that are supposed to be good at warding off the damaging effects of the sun such as Pomegranate and Lycopene. And, of course, I just stay out of the sun as much as possible.

Leeleedeedee, I was just about to look into taking heliocare myself! My derm recommends it. Also, he and my esthy both recommend coffeeberry (they both take this daily).

http://www.heliocare.co.nz/
http://www.vitacost.com/New-Chapter-CoffeeBerry/pd_section-pr#ProductReviews

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:57 am      Reply with quote
A good antioxidant in the morning and Renova at night.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:51 am      Reply with quote
I really believe that exercise does more for my skin than anything else. I've worked out HARD all my life, almost every day, until the past 18 months/2 years, stopped completely for the first time ever. My face was starting to look like a grumpy old witch, not to mention my body felt like a decrepit old bag of bones that I could barely lug around (and I didn't put on any weight).

Anyway, I've been back in the gym and the pool the past 2 months, and IMHO my skin is looking great again! And my body feels like it could go several rounds (and a bottle of champagne) with that cute Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao. Ooh err, he's sexy.. Bad Grin Bad Grin

Um, is it too obvious that exercise is also a great mood booster as well.. just got back from a great workout a couple hours ago Laughing
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Reminder: I need MSM - I'm out .... Thanks Nadjazz!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
The no. 1 tip: keeping face out of the sun at all costs. Followed by: drinking water, a good diet, vitamins, top of the line skin products, retin A,botox, facial flex exercises,no alcohol.HA supps specifically Drs Best Hyaluronic Acid w/ chrondroitin.(keeps skin plumped)
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Nadjazz....thank's for the advice re the coffeeberry. I will certainly look into this. Also, I forgot about heliocare. Your post reminded me to buy some and I'm glad your derm recommends this.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
The no. 1 tip: keeping face out of the sun at all costs. Followed by: drinking water, a good diet, vitamins, top of the line skin products, retin A,botox, facial flex exercises,no alcohol.HA supps specifically Drs Best Hyaluronic Acid w/ chrondroitin.(keeps skin plumped)
I am really interested in this supplement Drs Best Hyaluronic Acid w/ chrondroitin, did you start it just to improve your skin?

Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm 52 and would like to know something more about the derma roller:
- which products should I use with it?
- can I use it on my neck and if yes, has anyone any experience with it?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:06 am      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
I also take copious amounts of supplements. The list is too long, but these would be the bare minimum for great skin:

1. A good multi-vitamin
4. MSM
5. Biosil

Nadjazz, have you seen visible results in your skin by taking these supplements, and, if so, what results have you seen? I am most curious about the MSM and the Biosil and wondering if you saw visible changes when adding them in?
irunchik
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I am surprised noone mentioned dry sauna!!!
After workouts, about 3 times a week I sit in the dry sauna at my gym and it makes my skin glow Smile Sweat as much as you can ( either by working out, dancing or sauna) - if out skin is the largest surface of our bodies, then it can eliminate the most!!!
semolinapilchard
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
-2-3 g msm
-600 mg r-lipoic acid
-diet with limited sugar, no soy/peanut, and only hormone-free dairy
-sunscreen
-limited direct sun
-massage/facial exercise
-leds
-vit c topically for clarity/evenness
-taz

the msm, likely compounded with led use, has also improved tone, firmness, and feels to have improved thickness. i also take optizinc and 2g vit c daily. it's the supplements which have absolutely saved my skin after years of failed derm rx's.
aelsass
5% products discount

Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="Minimunny"]Not to look at my skin too closely and to stop picking on it works best for me. Rather inexpensive, too Very Happy
quote]

I totally agree! Wink My skin is alot happier when I don't try mini surgery on myself!

I also exercise (combination of aerobic and anaerobic, specifically Zumba and yoga!), use retin-A and take the following anti-aging supplements(among others):

Alpha Lipoic Acid- water and fat soluble, anti-inflammatory antioxidant-400 times stronger than vit C and E.

L-Carnosine- anti-glycation, anti-inflammatory supplement.

Acetyl L-Carnitine, Omega 3s and OPC's (pine bark, and grape seed extract)

These are the supplements I take specifically for my skin, along with others for general wellness.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Toby, there is a whole thread on HA in the archives...I use it for a variety of reasons ...skin and joints too.I had classic trigger thumb where my thumb locked for 4 months and I was supposed to have a surgery...I too the dr bests HA and after 10 days it unlocked and it has never reoccured! Also, my knees dont hurt as much either and I am more limber I have been noticing and it doesnt hurt so much when I get up in the morning.I know 2 other people that took it for trigger thumb and it unlocked both of theirs in a matter of days... I buy it from iherb.com they have lightning fast shipping, good prices and it had over 100 positive reviews so thats why I keep using it.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3625 there is the thread on HA....people use it for a lip plumper,my lips are big enough,I use it to plump my face and help my joints.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
nadjazz wrote:

1. A good multi-vitamin
4. MSM
5. Biosil

Nadjazz, have you seen visible results in your skin by taking these supplements, and, if so, what results have you seen? I am most curious about the MSM and the Biosil and wondering if you saw visible changes when adding them in?

Hi, rileygirl -
multivit - can't really say it's made a dramatic difference in the skin

fish oil - facial skin is visibly less dry/flaky with regular use.

MSM - changes to skin are so gradual that I didn't even realize they were happening...until I got lazy and stopped! It definitely contributes to firmer skin. Slight (very slight) improvement in my melasma. I think you need to give MSM 3-6 months to really see the difference in skin, especially since you need to start with a low dose and gradually build up. Also takes care of joint pain in knees and hands. Causes fuller hair and eyelashes.

Biosil - again, changes to skin are so gradual you don't realize it's working...but stop using it and watch those wrinkles start showing up! I think my skin looks a bit dull and thin, especially under eyes. Immediate changes were seen in thicker hair and eyelashes. Downside is more stray hairs need to be plucked in the eyebrows.

vit C - For me, this has a synergistic effect with the items above. Leaving any one of these out gave disappointing results. Altogether, though, they gave firm, glowing skin. I still have rosacea and melasma, though... Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Hi, rileygirl -

MSM - changes to skin are so gradual that I didn't even realize they were happening...until I got lazy and stopped! It definitely contributes to firmer skin. Slight (very slight) improvement in my melasma. I think you need to give MSM 3-6 months to really see the difference in skin, especially since you need to start with a low dose and gradually build up. Also takes care of joint pain in knees and hands. Causes fuller hair and eyelashes.

Biosil - again, changes to skin are so gradual you don't realize it's working...but stop using it and watch those wrinkles start showing up! I think my skin looks a bit dull and thin, especially under eyes. Immediate changes were seen in thicker hair and eyelashes. Downside is more stray hairs need to be plucked in the eyebrows.

vit C - For me, this has a synergistic effect with the items above. Leaving any one of these out gave disappointing results. Altogether, though, they gave firm, glowing skin. I still have rosacea and melasma, though... Confused

Thanks so much, Nadjazz. The MSM and Biosil sound like what I need! Do you recommend a particular brand of MSM?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
I take biosil drops daily too and boy that stuff is nasty! Mad I have to put the drops in OJ and chug it down quickly to avoid tossing my cookies.
gia

Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
fang wrote:
I SLEEP 9 HOURS A DAY Very Happy

SERIOUSLY Cool

I'm so jealous. I have insomnia. I don't sleep most of the time, but when I do my skin glows. I can't imagine what my skin would look like if I slept 6 hours a night, yet alone 9. Good for you!
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
nadjazz wrote:
Hi, rileygirl -

Thanks so much, Nadjazz. The MSM and Biosil sound like what I need! Do you recommend a particular brand of MSM?

Hi, rileygirl -
I haven't been loyal to any one brand, but my most recent purchase was from
http://www.bio-alternatives.net/msm.htm

Tangal provided some wonderful info on MSM two years ago, and the info is still relevant. Under item o) of this post, she recommends that you look for the 'OptiMSM' or 'Lignisul MSM' trademarked logos.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20364&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=29

HTH! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Hi, rileygirl -
I haven't been loyal to any one brand, but my most recent purchase was from
http://www.bio-alternatives.net/msm.htm

Tangal provided some wonderful info on MSM two years ago, and the info is still relevant. Under item o) of this post, she recommends that you look for the 'OptiMSM' or 'Lignisul MSM' trademarked logos.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20364&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=29

HTH! Very Happy

Helps a lot, Nadjazz. Thanks so much. (Tangal was great, I wish she still posted!)
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Eat right would be my number 1 recommendation.
What you eat, it will show on your skin.
Don't smoke... sleep at least 8 hours... Exercise.... then don't forget the creams for face and body....

happygirl163 wrote:
OK, other than plenty of sleep and eat right...

I recently have done some experiemnts with the skin products I got (so many ... Rolling Eyes ), and I found this one seems to work for me. My skin seems to be more clear and radiant ....

I mixed the Cellex-C Advanced C Skin Toning Mask with some toner and some mud mask, and leav it on for ~20min before wash it off. I cannot be sure if it is all in my head or it actually works.

What is your secret that you can share with us?
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
beauty sleep, drink a lot of water and sun block. Very Happy
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I sound like a broken record when I post. Sunscreen AND a big hat. Obagi, and moisture moisture moisture. Just about any kind of emollient works for me.

Also Flax Seed oil supplements. And good makeup. My current fav is Bobbi Brown's new Skin Foundation SPF 15. No "blending" required. Stuff just sinks in and becomes your..."skin." AND doesn't look like I'm wearing any.

And blusher. A lot of women don't use it, but the right color truly gives a nice glow!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I don't get enough sleep but when I do, yeah, my skin responds quite well and no puffiness under the eyes.

I have to say for me it's the cardio and resistance training exercises, but more for the cardio since I see all the blood in my face.

Recently I tried the Dermalogica Multi-vitamin recovery masque, and I must say it's going to be my beauty secret from now on. I will have to try again before conclude 100% because I used a Korean Ginseng mask (the peel-off type) first, and followed by the Dermalogica one. It made my skin so beautiful even if I do say so myself. LOL Laughing My pores aren't my issue, but after the two masks, they were non-existent. The skin was so clear and glowing. I loved it so much I wanted to do the masks every day. Shock
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |