Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
::REVIEW:: 302 Skincare Part 1: Intro to a Non-Acid Regimen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:19 am      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
I just asked Dr H for his current opinion on the vibrator idea and he says it will work, but it will take a long, long, time. A real microcurrent facial is still the way to go. So, don't get all excited about this. It would probably be good for circulation, like Bethany said. That's always good for the skin.

Microcurrent is the only way to go for inexpensive face lifts – it works and yes it is a pain but I really think that it has so much going for it – BUT the wavelengths that get the job done (mghz) more effectively is quite interesting and since reviewing some literature (and don’t ask me to find it again) I really now think I would get a good machine instead of a vibrator (though that would work, it would take a lot longer). I know that Bellaire is selling something called an EEEZ LIFT (or like that) for about $600 retail, or a little less. We have one coming our way and I will test it out to see how it goes. I am unsure of any cheapos that would work – it really takes a medical device company with quality control sorted out to make these things right – the Korean stuff is just not up to speed – and by that I mean you are spending hours and hours when minutes would do – and the excess heat generated is only irritating – and the results not as desirable over all. When you consider the cost against a lot of tucking and cutting or even against Thermage, a $600 machine is a good investment – no scars, no risk, no clinical errors, no downtime and results are plainly evident in reducing sags, bags and what not anywhere on the face and neck.

Boski, I will be VERY interested in hearing the results from this. If after testing the Ezzi-lift (or ezzi-peel, or whatever it's called) Dr. H says it does the job, I'll definitely be getting one! But since he is planning to test, I'd rather wait for his verdict first.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Re the talk about microcurrent - just want to say that I had a series of 12 wkly treatments before I started on the 302 products, with a very xpensive machine, $7k it cost, and zippo, yes, nuthin'of any significance worth all the $ I spent. The best part of the treatments were that the esthy was a sweetheart - we got along famously.

Am the first to admit, however, and now that I know better, these dermal/epidermal cells of mine were probably in a 'less than healthy' state. So they performed no gravity defying, high wire acts - at ALL.

Don't know what would happen now that the little things are behaving much more cooperatively but don't wanna spend even more $ to find out.

I'll wait till all of you do that..... Very Happy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:25 am      Reply with quote
TheBaroness wrote:
Thanks!

Another thing - have you tried the soap bars? Do they have a scent to them? And do they help with acne and leave a typical soapy film on the skin?

I know I need to ask Jennifer this stuff, but I can't wait! The whole line has me intrigued.

I had to run and sniff! There is a scent but nothing offensive, clean. I'm lousy at describing scents. I've had the F & B bar for ages,it's a sample she sent me a long time ago. I didn't like it at first since it made my skin feel 'clean' as opposed to the slippery feel I was used to after cleansing. I went back to it recently and now I'm hooked. I don't have acne (anymore) so I can't help there. A bar lasts a long time. Oh, no soapy feel afterwards, at all!
HTH
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Further to microcurrent, I just watched the video boski posted on her link beautifulimages on pge 129.....my micro treatments looked quite different in method to those in the video - mine employed the little prods but they were simply placed on the face, no smoothing action, no gel used as appears here.

In fact now that I recall, the principal reason the esthy used it was to balance meridian point energy. She claimed was excellent in achieving that. Now that I think about it, I suspect I was paying for a service that I wasn't actually receivng.

Sure enuf, the esthy was always checking the energy flowing thru the meridian points or whatever they're called (!!) to determine the difference from my first visit. Indeed there was a difference but maybe yoga classes could have achieved that. At 1/10th the cost.

Ohhhh, live and learn.....
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Metaphora wrote:
If after testing the Ezzi-lift (or ezzi-peel, or whatever it's called) Dr. H says it does the job, I'll definitely be getting one! But since he is planning to test, I'd rather wait for his verdict first.

Same here!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
vanilla.pops wrote:
I want to ask about not using acids with 302. I am using Peter Thomas Roth's mineral sunscreen powder SPF 30 and there is ascorbic acid in the inactive ingredient list. Is this OK? So are all "acids" not compatible to 302? Including like hylauronic acid? Is there a list of ingredients that are not compatible to the 302 products? I tried to find this in the 302 official site but there is none. Will someone be kind enough to pm me such a list if this exists? I try to use 302 exclusively but sometimes like after I have done a laser treatment (ND YAG) I need to use hydrating masks or my skin will become very very dry but it's difficult for me to judge which ingredients are OK or not with 302 so if there is a list of 302 no no ingredient list that would be very helpful. Thanks.

Any of the 302 products with the ingredient "Avogen" are not compatible with acids. You will see in the "Precautions" section of each product description what to avoid. But from quickly looking at your list, the only two products not compatible with acids would be the Face/Body bar and the 302 drops. But they are integral parts of the regimen, so you should try to follow the precautions which are as stated as follows:

Precautions
Topical use only. Apply to test area and wait 24 hours. If irritation develops, discontinue. Some
temporary pinking may occur with the first few applications. Topicals with glycolic, lactic,
salicylic and hyaluronic acids may cause irritation if used in a regime with 302 Drops (and F/B bar as well)

In the long-run, you should try to get out of the habit of using acids if you intend to stay with 302. Acids are counterproductive with 302 (Avogen) because they increase the cross-linking in the skin which, in turns, ages the skin's appearance and makes repairing scars next to impossible. Avogen is the agent which reduces this cross-linking, making waste removal more efficient (less age spots) and softens the skins appearance (and scarring as well). You can replace the PTR mineral SS with the Recovery Minerals SS and use the Ointment RX after your laser treatments for moisturization and healing. That is what the spas use post laser treatments.

It's really best to stick with mostly 302 products because you will encounter the least amount of problems that way, since everything is tested to work together. There are so many products in this line, and the website consumers see is not updated to reflect all the new products yet (the professional site is though). So, if you have severe skin conditions, you should ask a professional for recommendations and not depend on the website only.

Hi vanilla.pops,

I asked Dr H what ingredients in other products are "forbidden" when using 302 (when talking about "302", we are speaking specifically about products with Avogen in them). His explanation below will help clarify further for you. If you mix other products in with 302, you need to understand what the possible effects of all the ingredients intermixed would be. Unless you have years of hands-on experience with cosmetic chemistry and a background in biochemistry of the skin (like Dr H), that's a hard thing to do, from just reading a list of ingredients.

I'm lazy and not interested in learning about cosmetic ingredients and all the possible risks/benefits and formulations that are best for the skin. I just rather trust that Dr H has done all the work for me and not stray unless it's a very simple, benign topical, like carrier oils. If I do find a non-302 product that looks interesting, I always run the ingredients by Dr H first and I can do that for you, if you have something you really cannot give up. I was a former product junkie, like many of you who are just discovering 302...so, I understand the temptation to use a bunch of different products. It's not necessary with 302 and only makes the process more complicated and uncertain. I would use 302 exclusively for 6 months (12 months even better). If absolutely nothing happens, then I would move on, but take photos to help assess any changes. I would be somewhat surprised if nothing happened after 6 months, because of the potency of 302. But, like Dr H and I have always said, everybody reacts differently to skincare, so you cannot predict who will do extremely well and those who may not tolerate the ingredients in 302 at all. So, I wish you good luck in your 302 adventure, hope it works out for you.

Here's Dr H reply to your original post:

As to forbidden ingredients, that may be overstating the case by half. ANYTHING can be used with 302, it is a matter of concentration and frequency of application. Most acids could be used once in awhile. The general rules are that any charged particle, like an acid, is inherently wrong for the skin. It instantly sets off lots of bad histology. This includes detergents, a LOT of synthetic actives, acids, and quats. Many chemical structures however do not have an electrical ‘charge’ and yet are also very bad for the skin and this includes a huge array of natural products that oxidize on the skin (or in it). The problem in all of this is that if I were to compile a list of bad actors, I would include things that are clearly beneficial. Like camphor which is an irritant and a healing agent. It has taken me 20 years of constant digging to know what works and what doesn’t and while I would love to be able to lay all that out, the qualifying phrases, and the ‘well it depends on x,y and z” aspects take away any meaning. For the consumer, I can only say, reluctantly, that the use of acids will hurt your skin in the long run and in the short run you must watch yourself carefully. 302 increases so much metabolic activity, providing big jumps in energy, that anything that is even slightly irritating can become much more so. This is more true in the early stages of 302 introduction than later on, but still, it is generally true. 302 does not increase sensitization however, in fact, the opposite, but whenever something highly charged goes on the skin, it is going to be even more so with a 302 skin where all cells are viable. For example, we do not see the typical ‘frost’ formation caused by salicylic acid peels on skin that is used to 302. That is because the sal acid keys on dead, non-viable cells and the 302 skin is very ‘alive’ so sal acid peels have a very minimal effect (and I am speaking of 30% solutions, as in Jessner’s) whereas chronic exposure to say 2% salicylic acid is very damaging – again, it is the bad reaction histology that gets a foothold and is very difficult for the skin to ‘unlearn’

Just be very careful out there, much of the stuff is just wrong, made up by marketing knuckleheads and cigar smoking short armed fatties trying to ring that cash register. The formulating chemists are like Hitler’s SS, just carrying out orders and the clinical literature is so bad overall, so limited in scope and analysis and deliberately so, that it is a real minefield to know what might be right. Basically, there is very damn little for all the smoke and noise. Keep it simple, experiment carefully, observe and realize that most of what you have heard and read, even from the mavens who test products, is wrong and not sustainable. Whenever you try something, ask yourself, will this go the distance, can it make a long term benefit over time, not for the next three days. If so, it is probably worth a try.

R
vanilla.pops
5% products discount

Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:53 am      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
vanilla.pops wrote:
I want to ask about not using acids with 302. I am using Peter Thomas Roth's mineral sunscreen powder SPF 30 and there is ascorbic acid in the inactive ingredient list. Is this OK? So are all "acids" not compatible to 302? Including like hylauronic acid? Is there a list of ingredients that are not compatible to the 302 products? I tried to find this in the 302 official site but there is none. Will someone be kind enough to pm me such a list if this exists? I try to use 302 exclusively but sometimes like after I have done a laser treatment (ND YAG) I need to use hydrating masks or my skin will become very very dry but it's difficult for me to judge which ingredients are OK or not with 302 so if there is a list of 302 no no ingredient list that would be very helpful. Thanks.

Any of the 302 products with the ingredient "Avogen" are not compatible with acids. You will see in the "Precautions" section of each product description what to avoid. But from quickly looking at your list, the only two products not compatible with acids would be the Face/Body bar and the 302 drops. But they are integral parts of the regimen, so you should try to follow the precautions which are as stated as follows:

Precautions
Topical use only. Apply to test area and wait 24 hours. If irritation develops, discontinue. Some
temporary pinking may occur with the first few applications. Topicals with glycolic, lactic,
salicylic and hyaluronic acids may cause irritation if used in a regime with 302 Drops (and F/B bar as well)

In the long-run, you should try to get out of the habit of using acids if you intend to stay with 302. Acids are counterproductive with 302 (Avogen) because they increase the cross-linking in the skin which, in turns, ages the skin's appearance and makes repairing scars next to impossible. Avogen is the agent which reduces this cross-linking, making waste removal more efficient (less age spots) and softens the skins appearance (and scarring as well). You can replace the PTR mineral SS with the Recovery Minerals SS and use the Ointment RX after your laser treatments for moisturization and healing. That is what the spas use post laser treatments.

It's really best to stick with mostly 302 products because you will encounter the least amount of problems that way, since everything is tested to work together. There are so many products in this line, and the website consumers see is not updated to reflect all the new products yet (the professional site is though). So, if you have severe skin conditions, you should ask a professional for recommendations and not depend on the website only.

Hi Boski, thanks for your helpful advice. Sure I will try to use 302 products exclusively to hopefully achieve the best results and less problems.
vanilla.pops
5% products discount

Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:24 am      Reply with quote
boski wrote:

Hi vanilla.pops,

I asked Dr H what ingredients in other products are "forbidden" when using 302 (when talking about "302", we are speaking specifically about products with Avogen in them). His explanation below will help clarify further for you. If you mix other products in with 302, you need to understand what the possible effects of all the ingredients intermixed would be. Unless you have years of hands-on experience with cosmetic chemistry and a background in biochemistry of the skin (like Dr H), that's a hard thing to do, from just reading a list of ingredients.

I'm lazy and not interested in learning about cosmetic ingredients and all the possible risks/benefits and formulations that are best for the skin. I just rather trust that Dr H has done all the work for me and not stray unless it's a very simple, benign topical, like carrier oils. If I do find a non-302 product that looks interesting, I always run the ingredients by Dr H first and I can do that for you, if you have something you really cannot give up. I was a former product junkie, like many of you who are just discovering 302...so, I understand the temptation to use a bunch of different products. It's not necessary with 302 and only makes the process more complicated and uncertain. I would use 302 exclusively for 6 months (12 months even better). If absolutely nothing happens, then I would move on, but take photos to help assess any changes. I would be somewhat surprised if nothing happened after 6 months, because of the potency of 302. But, like Dr H and I have always said, everybody reacts differently to skincare, so you cannot predict who will do extremely well and those who may not tolerate the ingredients in 302 at all. So, I wish you good luck in your 302 adventure, hope it works out for you.

Here's Dr H reply to your original post:

As to forbidden ingredients, that may be overstating the case by half. ANYTHING can be used with 302, it is a matter of concentration and frequency of application. Most acids could be used once in awhile. The general rules are that any charged particle, like an acid, is inherently wrong for the skin. It instantly sets off lots of bad histology. This includes detergents, a LOT of synthetic actives, acids, and quats. Many chemical structures however do not have an electrical ‘charge’ and yet are also very bad for the skin and this includes a huge array of natural products that oxidize on the skin (or in it). The problem in all of this is that if I were to compile a list of bad actors, I would include things that are clearly beneficial. Like camphor which is an irritant and a healing agent. It has taken me 20 years of constant digging to know what works and what doesn’t and while I would love to be able to lay all that out, the qualifying phrases, and the ‘well it depends on x,y and z” aspects take away any meaning. For the consumer, I can only say, reluctantly, that the use of acids will hurt your skin in the long run and in the short run you must watch yourself carefully. 302 increases so much metabolic activity, providing big jumps in energy, that anything that is even slightly irritating can become much more so. This is more true in the early stages of 302 introduction than later on, but still, it is generally true. 302 does not increase sensitization however, in fact, the opposite, but whenever something highly charged goes on the skin, it is going to be even more so with a 302 skin where all cells are viable. For example, we do not see the typical ‘frost’ formation caused by salicylic acid peels on skin that is used to 302. That is because the sal acid keys on dead, non-viable cells and the 302 skin is very ‘alive’ so sal acid peels have a very minimal effect (and I am speaking of 30% solutions, as in Jessner’s) whereas chronic exposure to say 2% salicylic acid is very damaging – again, it is the bad reaction histology that gets a foothold and is very difficult for the skin to ‘unlearn’

Just be very careful out there, much of the stuff is just wrong, made up by marketing knuckleheads and cigar smoking short armed fatties trying to ring that cash register. The formulating chemists are like Hitler’s SS, just carrying out orders and the clinical literature is so bad overall, so limited in scope and analysis and deliberately so, that it is a real minefield to know what might be right. Basically, there is very damn little for all the smoke and noise. Keep it simple, experiment carefully, observe and realize that most of what you have heard and read, even from the mavens who test products, is wrong and not sustainable. Whenever you try something, ask yourself, will this go the distance, can it make a long term benefit over time, not for the next three days. If so, it is probably worth a try.

R

Hi Boski, I didn't read your second reply before I posted my first thank you. Thanks again so much for relating my questions to Dr H and offering to check ingredient lists for me with him. It's very very kind of you. You've always been so enthusiastic in helping 302 beginners (like myself) out. I won't want to trouble you so much though and will restrain myself from being tempted to use other products. (Well, I've never been "loyal" in skincare products so it's going to be a BIG challenge for me!!!) Laughing
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:17 am      Reply with quote
vanilla.pops wrote:
(Well, I've never been "loyal" in skincare products so it's going to be a BIG challenge for me!!!) Laughing

Good luck, vanilla.pops. In the beginning, the exclusively using 302 is hard on all of us product junkies! But, I think it will be worth it in 6-12 months!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Boski, can you send Dr. H an email and check if I should continue to use my container of ointment rx?

Today, I opened up my big jar of ointment rx and it had some mold on the top surface in a few spots. I took a skin spatula and scraped off the mold, as well as some of the product under the mold just to make sure I had got it all out. I used the ointment rx on my face after I did this. I did get all the mold off, but I want to make sure I am not causing my skin harm by continuing to use this jar of ointment rx! (I have a smaller jar that I keep in a drawer and the lid was so tight that I could barely open it, but when I did get it open that too had a few specks of mold that I had to scrape out.) And, any news when the ointment rx will be available in the tubes? I am hoping that will prevent the mold issue??
Nitika
5% products discount

Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:35 am      Reply with quote
My first post! Wow, I just finished the entire thread—all 130 pages. Good thing I’m on vacation. I’ve learned soooo much. Thanks Boski and all the other great contributors.

I’ve ordered Calmskin and am starting with the beginning program. I’m 50 and have avoided products most of my life because my skin was too oily when I was young to put anything on it. Back then they didn't have all the products they have now.

I used to feel guilty because I only used aloe vera until I was about 42. At that point I needed a little more moisture, so that is when I started product shopping. Now I realize that I was going a great thing for my skin by not bombarding it with tons of stuff all those years.

I’ve been using Zenbiotic for a while, so I think the transition into Calmskin and 302 should be fairly easy. Zenbiotic has a similar philosophy, although some of their products have acids.

Yesterday I just washed my face and lightly dusted it with silk powder. I was pleasantly surprised that my skin was not too dry. I’m trying to teach it to moisturize itself again. I’m 50 and my skin has dried from my younger years. It’s hard to go from oily skin to drier. You want to moisturize it all the time because you can’t stand that dry feel.

I’ve got some large pores from teenage acne and slight red on cheeks and nose. I’ve been exfoliating a lot lately. As if I could rub off those wrinkles! No more rough treatment for me.

I’ve ordered a Skin Spatula, my Vaculifts have arrived—love them—and I already have a DLP. I just started facial exercises. Wish I had known about them years ago.

I can’t wait for the Calmskin products to arrive so I can start out SLOWLY, as I’ve learned from everyone here.

Thanks to all. And Boski, I can’t believe how patient you are, answering the same questions over and over again. And, most of all, thanks for Dr. H’s blue text.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Welcome, Nitika. Good luck with 302!

Boski, so sorry to bother you yet again, but I am curious about Dr. H's thoughts on Heliocare for sun protection? (http://www.heliocare.co.nz/)
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:59 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Boski, can you send Dr. H an email and check if I should continue to use my container of ointment rx?

Today, I opened up my big jar of ointment rx and it had some mold on the top surface in a few spots. I took a skin spatula and scraped off the mold, as well as some of the product under the mold just to make sure I had got it all out. I used the ointment rx on my face after I did this. I did get all the mold off, but I want to make sure I am not causing my skin harm by continuing to use this jar of ointment rx! (I have a smaller jar that I keep in a drawer and the lid was so tight that I could barely open it, but when I did get it open that too had a few specks of mold that I had to scrape out.) And, any news when the ointment rx will be available in the tubes? I am hoping that will prevent the mold issue??

Hi RG,

So sorry it's happened again. I can't recall anybody else having this problem, so I'm wondering what could be causing this. I just sent your mold question to him, along with your question on Heliocare. He may want to get a sample of the mold or the little jar with mold in it for analysis. Of course he will replace whatever you send him. So let the mold grow in the little jar, just screw normally and let's see how fast it grows.

I will post if he responds by today. In the meantime, I think it should be fine to use the unaffected portions of the big jar unless you have adverse reactions. Let us know if you have any problems using it. But yes, a tube should remedy this problem entirely and I know he is working to get that done ASAP.

FYI for everybody...Dr H is traveling again after this week doing more So CA and Las Vegas seminars and will be out of the office for a week or so. Starting tomorrow, I will be on vacation/traveling until July 20, so I will be unable to check the board much after today. Going to the Pacific NW for a family reunion and very happy to escape the TX heat! Hope everybody continues to do well during my absence.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:07 am      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
Hi RG,

So sorry it's happened again. I can't recall anybody else having this problem, so I'm wondering what could be causing this. I just sent your mold question to him, along with your question on Heliocare. He may want to get a sample of the mold or the little jar with mold in it for analysis. Of course he will replace whatever you send him. So let the mold grow in the little jar, just screw normally and let's see how fast it grows.

I will post if he responds by today. In the meantime, I think it should be fine to use the unaffected portions of the big jar unless you have adverse reactions. Let us know if you have any problems using it. But yes, a tube should remedy this problem entirely and I know he is working to get that done ASAP.

FYI for everybody...Dr H is traveling again after this week doing more So CA and Las Vegas seminars and will be out of the office for a week or so. Starting tomorrow, I will be on vacation/traveling until July 20, so I will be unable to check the board much after today. Going to the Pacific NW for a family reunion and very happy to escape the TX heat! Hope everybody continues to do well during my absence.

Thanks so much, Boski. I will let the mold grow again! I haven't had any problems with my skin using the ointment rx after scraping the mold out, so I will just continue on. I'll do as you say and let the mold re-grow and post when that happens. I am doing my own experiment here. I started using the plastic skin spatula to get the product out of the jar instead of my fingers (even though I washed my hands before dipping in to the jar - you never know!). I'll look forward to Dr. H's reply.

Have a great vacation and have fun at the family reunion! You are lucky to be able to escape the heat. No escape here in FL right now!
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Nitika wrote:
My first post! Wow, I just finished the entire thread—all 130 pages. Good thing I’m on vacation. I’ve learned soooo much. Thanks Boski and all the other great contributors.

I’ve ordered Calmskin and am starting with the beginning program. I’m 50 and have avoided products most of my life because my skin was too oily when I was young to put anything on it. Back then they didn't have all the products they have now.

I used to feel guilty because I only used aloe vera until I was about 42. At that point I needed a little more moisture, so that is when I started product shopping. Now I realize that I was going a great thing for my skin by not bombarding it with tons of stuff all those years.

I’ve been using Zenbiotic for a while, so I think the transition into Calmskin and 302 should be fairly easy. Zenbiotic has a similar philosophy, although some of their products have acids.

Yesterday I just washed my face and lightly dusted it with silk powder. I was pleasantly surprised that my skin was not too dry. I’m trying to teach it to moisturize itself again. I’m 50 and my skin has dried from my younger years. It’s hard to go from oily skin to drier. You want to moisturize it all the time because you can’t stand that dry feel.

I’ve got some large pores from teenage acne and slight red on cheeks and nose. I’ve been exfoliating a lot lately. As if I could rub off those wrinkles! No more rough treatment for me.

I’ve ordered a Skin Spatula, my Vaculifts have arrived—love them—and I already have a DLP. I just started facial exercises. Wish I had known about them years ago.

I can’t wait for the Calmskin products to arrive so I can start out SLOWLY, as I’ve learned from everyone here.

Thanks to all. And Boski, I can’t believe how patient you are, answering the same questions over and over again. And, most of all, thanks for Dr. H’s blue text.

Nitika,

First, congratulations to you!!! Reading the entire thread is quite an accomplishment for anybody. But I think this thread has alot of info about stuff outside of 302, about skincare and gadgets you will find no where else, and it will make your experience with Calmskin/302 more successful. So, it's worth the time and effort to read the whole thing. At the very least, I would read the 302 FAQ for Newbies/my 1st post and Dr Hubers' blue posts.

I agree, you did a good thing for your skin by not starting on alot of products early on. I'm seeing a trend of very young women who start using very harsh topicals/treatments and overuse high SPF liquid SS in their teens and 20s, all in the hopes of preventing aging when, in fact, they are probably headed towards getting sensitive/reactive skin and aging much earlier than had they done nothing. I hear it all the time on other forums where people are amazed when they do nothing to their skin for a few days, how good it looks. Their skin is breathing a sign of relief from the bombardment of daily topicals. But, until I understood the science behind 302, I would have remained clueless as well. So I'm so thankful I stumbled upon 302 and gave it a chance and, more thankfully, got to know Dr H. Without him, it would have been hard to continue at times. So I hope you have the same level of results as well. And remember, you can always add in 302 products later as needed. They are compatible and can be used interchangeably.
sandralee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I, too did a series of microcurrent treatments. (10 or 11) about 3-4 months ago. I thought at the time my skin looked tighter/lifted. Not so much now! Sad
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Welcome, Nitika. Good luck with 302!

Boski, so sorry to bother you yet again, but I am curious about Dr. H's thoughts on Heliocare for sun protection? (http://www.heliocare.co.nz/)

While I am obviously NOT Dr. H Very Happy I will say that I LOVE Heliocare...I use it when I am stuck in the car driving for a few hours, and it definitely reduces my inevitable burn on my hands far more than sunscreen by itself.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Guys, 302 products help aging skin, right?
I'm educating myself on this line. Trying to, anyway Laughing Thank you. Mars

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
sandralee wrote:
I, too did a series of microcurrent treatments. (10 or 11) about 3-4 months ago. I thought at the time my skin looked tighter/lifted. Not so much now! Sad

I believe with the microcurrent treatments that would be something that you would have to continue with. I know just reading the info on the ezzi-lift, it says results are immediately noticeable and last for 7-10 days post tx.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
While I am obviously NOT Dr. H Very Happy I will say that I LOVE Heliocare...I use it when I am stuck in the car driving for a few hours, and it definitely reduces my inevitable burn on my hands far more than sunscreen by itself.

Bethany, do you find that you don't need sunscreen when taking the Heliocare - or it is more for added protection?
sandralee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
After reading these posts, I'm definitely scheduling an appt. with a 302 esthtisian. I'll be in L.A. next week and will go to one located in San Pedro. I called CS and they highly recommended this esthtisian.

Just a little history about me...I'm 55 and have tried/used Obagi twice. And have used Ret-a/Tazorac for many years. My skin does not have many wrinkles, however I suffer with hyperpigmentation as well as hypo- pigmentation. I truly believe all the acids that I have used in the past have caused my skin to be very photo/sun sensitive! I can't wait to meet with this gal and start on this new approach. Thanks to all of you for your excellent support and knowledge. I'm so glad I found this board. I will definietly report back!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

Bethany, do you find that you don't need sunscreen when taking the Heliocare - or it is more for added protection?

I would say more for added protection, since I have corpse flesh and always burn. Rolling Eyes I only use it for long trips though...not every day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
sandralee wrote:
After reading these posts, I'm definitely scheduling an appt. with a 302 esthtisian. I'll be in L.A. next week and will go to one located in San Pedro. I called CS and they highly recommended this esthtisian.

Just a little history about me...I'm 55 and have tried/used Obagi twice. And have used Ret-a/Tazorac for many years. My skin does not have many wrinkles, however I suffer with hyperpigmentation as well as hypo- pigmentation. I truly believe all the acids that I have used in the past have caused my skin to be very photo/sun sensitive! I can't wait to meet with this gal and start on this new approach. Thanks to all of you for your excellent support and knowledge. I'm so glad I found this board. I will definietly report back!

Good luck, sandralee. I will be interesting in reading your progress on your skin!
sandralee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Change of plans...I'm actually going to see an esthtician locally today who sells 302 products in her spa.

rileygirl-are you seeing good results? Do you do microcurrent treatments?
sandralee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Here's a link about micro current. HTH!

http://ezinearticles.com/?Microcurrent-Facial-Toning---What-is-it-and-How-Does-it-Work?&id=682559
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |