Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Proper blackhead removal
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:25 am      Reply with quote
For the ones that use Glycolic acid... what percentage do you use?

I've been using Glycolic Acid 8% daily for about a month and haven't noticed much difference Sad
lpepperdine

Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I also extract them myself....I can't stand the feel/look of them and HAVE to extract them myself every couple nights or they will drive me nuts. I can't stand the feeling of running a finger along my nose and feeling all the little bumps.

But, I extract them a little differently. I use a very fine tweezerman and a magnifying mirror and just grab the actual plug with the tweezer and pull the entire plug out. I am not even touching the skin around the pore, so I feel there's very little damage to the skin when I do this.

If there is one that is a little more stubborn, I will gently press on the sides of it with the tweezer so it pops up just enough that I can grab it.

The bad thing is that I have the holes all over from pulling them all out. But, I'd much rather have a smooth surface with holes in it than the little plugs sticking up all over.

I have also noticed that I don't have as many when my skin is well hydrated.

I would love to find something that will prevent the plugs from forming, but so far haven't found the HG for that.

Rebecca
dryady
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I use sisley facial mask with tropical resin and Borghese Fango Active Mud to get rid of the blackhead on my nose. They worked pretty well, the pores looked much smaller after I wash it off.
JennyJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know how to use an extraction tool? I saw some online but am a bit afraid to use them. I have to admit, I am a blackhead squeezer/picker too. It's hard to resist!
bitsyrhea
5% products discount

Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed that if you put the Proactiv mask on your nose regularly (every night or every other night), it will pop out. Im sure any other mask works too. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
JennyJam wrote:
Does anyone know how to use an extraction tool? I saw some online but am a bit afraid to use them. I have to admit, I am a blackhead squeezer/picker too. It's hard to resist!

Are you referring to the one with the little ring? I used to do it all the time. I will steam my face then take out the extraction tool and just lightly press the skin around the black head. This will cause the black head to rise out a little or completely come out. If it rises a little and refuses to pop out, then I'll use a tweezer to pull it out.

I never get any spots or scars from extracting myself. But lately, I have been using the pore strip. I steam my face real good, then use the pore strip and yank those nasties out.

Remember, after you extract them, remember to apply a toner to close the pores. I used to have really bad blackheads but now it lessened quite a lot, so I do believe that the big pores can become small pores.

Do moisturize your skin, it does prevent black heads if your skin is moderately hydrated.
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 27, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Have you guys taken a look at the Clarisonic Brush? I think that it would help with the blackheads issue. I have also noticed that I went to my derm for my adult acne issues and after three weeks, no new breakouts and no blackheads on my nose and chin anymore.

I am hoping and praying that this lasts. My Clairisonic brush is to come in the mail tomorrow. I ordered it off Ebay!!!!
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 28, 2009 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Best way to treat this is to steam your face, use foaming gel cleanser on your face with warm water, I mean wash first your face and hands, THEN, remove these with extraction tools (you can buy these in a beauty counter or something). These tools are better to use for this type of purpose. DO NOT USE YOUR BARE HANDS. For your information, my mom has lots lots of white warts on her face and these extraction tools are amazing. I can not do without them. Now, she has very few white warts on her face and neck. Most people get this type of warts as they grow "older" and if you want not to have them when you are old, you better take care of your skin NOW! Be good to your skin NOW Smile

pele wrote:
This is a topic I'm so unclear about. I have blackheads especially on my nose and CANNOT RESTRAIN MYSELF from squeezing them, usually every day, but when I am good, I leave it for about a week (ok ok, usually less than a week).

But what do NORMAL people do? I mean, I know it's not good for you or normal to squeeze them every day, but how do you leave that gunk in there, KNOWING that it's in there, but just leaving it? It really baffles me.

I need to develop new skin habits, and this is a major one I need to stop - so I need to know what the proper and safe (and kind to my skin) way to do this is.....

thanks!
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I have been using an Obagi vit C serum and have noticed that I have gotten new blackheads. They are easily removed and near the surface. However, the pore fills quickly. Has anyone any advice on vit C serums? The serum is fantastic for fine lines and as an added protection to the environment so I would love to continue with it if possible.
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Oh honey! You have got to check out the homemade Vit C thread. It will change your life....and wallet!
everella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Tina wrote:
Oh honey! You have got to check out the homemade Vit C thread. It will change your life....and wallet!

Hi Miss Tina,

Thank you, I will have a look at this thread.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:42 am      Reply with quote
This is not true! I've used extraction tools on my mom and her skin has never been better. In fact, I removed almost all her white warts around the eye area with extraction tool. I can not use my hands and I can not get them all! But before I do this, I apply alcohol around the area that needs "extracting" and after all this procedure, I ask my mom to wait till night time to wash her face (to make sure that the pore is back to normal or no bleeding...) But these extraction tools are great! Cost maybe $10-$15 only and do it yourself Smile

fat_swan wrote:
I have heard from my aunties that your pores get bigger and bigger with every extraction... For those of you who extract regularly, is there any truth to this? And how often is too much? TIA!
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Jade, I don't think that they are warts...they are called milia and I suffer from them too! Along my eye area.

Look into these because it is the only way to quickly get rid of them but they keep coming back, but they are not warts. They are called milia!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone ever try BHA or AHA products?
I am rather curious about the effect of BHA...

If anyone could recommend a product I would be very grateful.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:51 am      Reply with quote
It is better to use an extraction tool (love it!)... Not only is it hygienic but better than using your fingers. Make sure that you steam your face or wash with warm water, massage with cleansing foam cleanser before you use an extraction tool. After extraction, make sure that you rub with alcohol to sterile the area...

vonstella wrote:
TAMgirl99 wrote:
vonstella wrote:
I steam then get em. I dont think it damages like picking acne does. I refuse to let them sit there and wink at people! Laughing

Do you use an extractor tool or your fingers?

I use my fingers but I wrap a thin bit of fabric around them and make sure my nails are cut. Tissue dosent work b/c it shreads. I have honestly never used a tool, I like my way I feel like I can control the pressure well. I usually never get red marks either.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I always use mask by kose. They comes with 2 pieces, one is pore serum and another is white mask which is sticky. I use it and the result is very good.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |