Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
::Review:: Decleor Aromessence Lip Balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ayasmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2005 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to let you all know that this Lip Balm is the best thing I have ever tried!!

From reading the reviews I was torn between this product and the Gatineau Lip Care, I chose the Decelor only becaue it was not as pricey as the Gatineau,(even though my husband thinks that I am nutties for thinking that a $19.00 lip balm is a good price!!)

I have been using for 2 weeks now and Holy Moly is this stuff good. I have always battled with dry lips and if I don't wear something on my lips I am always chewing on them. After the first couple of days I felt as if I did not need to apply anything! it made my lips so moisturized and soft!! And the smell is delicious!! Makes me want to eat it!!

I used to have to apply either Chap Stick or Burts Bees about every hour before, now I do it once in the morning and once before going to bed. And during the day it gives me a pretty shiny look to my lips, not glossy but just healthy pink and a little shine!

Thanks Mabsy for your recomendation!
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2005 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review ayasmom. I'm almost out of my Dr H lip balm pot. I'm torn between getting another one of them or the Decleor. Decisions, decisions... Rolling Eyes
Lillianna

Wed May 11, 2005 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I agree - Decleor's lip balm is gorgeous. You made the right decision there ayasmom 'cos I've used the Gatineau one as well, and in my opinion it isn't a patch on the Decleor. Another very good lip balm (and cheaper than both Decleor or Gatineau) is one from Molton Brown.
SusanC
5% products discount

Wed May 11, 2005 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Totally agree this is the best lip balm I've tried - in fact my hubby & kids have swiped my stash for themselves Rolling Eyes (except that I've got one jar in my secret hiding place Wink )
ayasmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2005 8:57 am      Reply with quote
My daughter loves it too, had to go out and buy her a little jar as well. She had very chapped lips, I had her use at night before going to bed and she would wake up with moisturized lips..She asked if she could have her own, which was fine becuase I was not to keen on her going in my purse and sticking her little fingers in my balm..
Bad Bird
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 13, 2005 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ayasmom,

Can you tell me what the texture is like? Is it a solid balm like their essential balms? Or is it a more like a usual thick liquid lip balm?
ayasmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2005 9:14 am      Reply with quote
it is a solid balm, and when you swirl it around with your finger it kinda melts it to go on smoothly and light.

I usually use just alone throughout the day, but yesterday I used lipstick in the morning, by mid afternoon my lipstick had faded quite a bit, but did not feel like more lipstick, so I dabbed a little of my Decleor lip balm on and Wow it totally hydrated my lips and gave it a subtle shiny look, almost like gloss but not as thick. And that stayed on all afternoon!

Love it!!
Mabsy

Thu May 26, 2005 5:05 am      Reply with quote
This is still my fave lipbalm out of the ones that I have tried. It is a solid balm but melts on contact. It smells fantastic and gives lips the illusion of fullness. I caved and bought the Gatineau after reading the reviews but the Decleor is still on top of the list

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2005 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I agree with above. I actually bought the decleor and the gatineau product. Actually I like them both and they have helped my dry lips out tremendously. I would pick the Decleor over the gatineau, and I think it is less $$. Neither seems to help my lip lines. Sad Any suggestions for those?
Mabsy

Fri May 27, 2005 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Gaby - have you tried the Sothys lip care product? I can't claim it reduces lines as I'm lucky to not have any yet but this made my lips really smooth. If I am not mistaken, Winnie really liked this and I think it helped her with lines (sorry if I'm wrong Winnie!).

Perhaps do a search on the Sothys and see what reviews you find?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2005 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Gaby - have you tried the Sothys lip care product? I can't claim it reduces lines as I'm lucky to not have any yet but this made my lips really smooth. If I am not mistaken, Winnie really liked this and I think it helped her with lines (sorry if I'm wrong Winnie!).

Perhaps do a search on the Sothys and see what reviews you find?

Yes, Mabsy you are absolutely right. Smile The Sothy Lip Enhance (for me) is my favorite lip moisturizer and line smoother. Why? Because it absorbs right into your lips and doesn't sit on top. It has made my mature lips very smooths. I tried the Jurlique but found it no different then vasaline on my lips. Sothy's is more like a product you would use on your face. One pump bottle lasts me three months. Use very little. I try to take really good care of my lips because they shrink as you get older and the corners can start turning down. Bad Grin Don't want to scare the hell out of you young people but it's true. The good news it that you can delay this from happening. Carole Maggio's Lip exercises help too (recently got into this Rolling Eyes ).

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy and Winnie. I have been off the forum for a while. I remember Winnie speaking of the Sothy's product.

Lisa
happylydia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Just received a free sample from EDS.
i've been using it for every nite in last week.it is my favorite lip balm.. non-sticky at all.. the best thing is after i got up in the morning..my lips are still soft!i dun hav chapped skin on my lips anymore.. haha so happy!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |