Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



::Review:: Janson-Beckett's C&C Serum

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 340
Wed May 18, 2005 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample of the Janson Beckett's C&C Serum on Friday.....i have been using it for 5 days now.....every evening.........and it has transformed my skin........in that, the tone of my skin has evened out.

It's of gel like quality.......and actually feels as if the whole face has absorbed it......i tried the Skinceuticals Serum 10 for about 3 weeks.......and my skin still looked very dull......i thought......i'd keep it up.......as it does take month's for something to have/show some effect. I found that the skinceuticals serum 10 was very watery.......wasn't sure if 'all' my face had absorbed the product.....or just a few patches here or there (if you know what i mean!) Confused

Anyway........i was intending to order the Vivier vitamin c serum......after hearing that people liked it better than the skinceuticals.....before going to order it......i received a sample of the janson and becketts C&C serum..........i used it in conjunction with Skinceuticals Phyto Corrective Gel (which i did use in the past........for 2 continous months.....but no effect)......from day 1 my skin brightened up..........and now onto day 5 ...... i actually like to look in the mirror.....now my skin is more evenly toned and actually looks bright......... Very Happy Very Happy

I never expected this...because the Alphaderma didn't work for me...........so i thought, how could the Janson Becketts C&C serum work....but i may as well try it.....since it was free.....well i am glad i did.......... now i am well and truely hooked......i am waiting for EDS to stock it in the next few weeks......and will order some asap.

My skin also feels very soft.......unlike the skinceuticals......which left my skin to be dry......the j&j may be more expensive than the skinceuticals.......ie 49 usa dollars for 0.5oz (half the size of skinceuticals serum 10)..but knowing that you don't have to use the B5 gel after the serum to counteract the drying.....i would say that it is truely worth it...........

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
regards Karina

P.S it takes alot to win me over.....the only other products i can actually rave about are.......decleor essential balm, dermalogic microfoliant and yonka juvenile......i am very hard to please............

I have also recently tried skinceuticals clarifying mask........which i will review some other time..........
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Janson Beckett Vitamin C&C Facial Serum (.5 oz)
Janson Beckett Vitamin C&C Facial Serum (.5 oz)

This dual source Vitamin-C formula combines precise concentrations of magnesium ascorbyl phosphate and sodium ascorbate. This potent Vitamin-C serum helps to protect against and repair environmental skin damage and signs of aging while stimulating collagen synthesis.

Replaced by {{15182}}.

Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Jul 2003
Posts: 1277
Thu May 19, 2005 1:32 am      Reply with quote
thanks for that Karina, I too struggled with the cellex & skinceuticals vit c, I don't know if it was me but it seemed to settle in my pores, perhaps the formula didn't suit me. I'm looking forward to trying this.

_________________
Using. ADCE day & night
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 340
Thu May 19, 2005 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Tell me how you get on..........

regards Karina Very Happy
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 07 Feb 2005
Posts: 1004
Thu May 19, 2005 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Eve,
That's interesting - I found I seemed to get blackheads when I used Cellex c and SC - it seemed to settle in my pores like you say - I thought it was just one of those things and a small, if annoying price to pay for the benefits of a C serum and I'd manage it by using Epidermx. I don't have the same problem with the PSF C Serum - that actually seems to have made my skin clearer. Very odd.

_________________
Lucia, VERY fair (ghostly so!)redhead, combination skin prone to dehydration.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Posts: 513
Fri May 20, 2005 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I never did get my free serum. Sad

Lori

_________________
Normal/Dry~slightly sensitive~usually clear~fine lines on forehead and neck~Age 36
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 3539
Fri May 20, 2005 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
mom2tommax wrote:
I never did get my free serum. Sad

Lori


If you PM me I will try to help. Unfortunately, I can't talk to the office until Monday.

_________________
As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Ian S.
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Jul 2004
Posts: 113
Fri May 20, 2005 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
If anyone who sent in and was promised the c-serum and did not receive it I promise you will. It was shipped by the way the individuals asked us to. Please anyone who has not received it yet contact JB and we will get it to you. Just to let everyone know, the C-Serum has taken off so fast that I am having a hard time keeping up with its production as I am also producing hundreds of other items in large quantities. This formula is a one of a kind and gives results that no other C-Serum can. Trust me when I say that the benefits you will receive from this item are astonishing. I want the original people who ordered it to get it and I promise even if I have to hold up orders to keep enough supply for the EDS members I will. This forum has been good to me and my company and I want to keep all its members happy. Please again don't give up if you have not received it get in touch with us at JB and we will do what ever it takes to get it to our loyal EDS customers. I have not heard from EDS about them carrying it yet but I am sure if that is what they said then they will.

Ian Smile


mom2tommax wrote:
I never did get my free serum. Sad

Lori

_________________
JB Cosmeceuticals
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 340
Mon May 23, 2005 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Ian/Winnie.........i just wanted to ask, after reading somewhere else on the forum..........do vitamin c serums have to be applied in the mornings so as to have maximum effect..........because i usually apply the janson beckett C&C serum at night......basically because it's the only time i have to apply it properly......in the mornings, i'm busy getting the kids ready for school.......one of them being my husband (1 of my other kids)..........regards Karina
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 3539
Mon May 23, 2005 11:08 am      Reply with quote
KARINA wrote:
Ian/Winnie.........i just wanted to ask, after reading somewhere else on the forum..........do vitamin c serums have to be applied in the mornings so as to have maximum effect..........because i usually apply the janson beckett C&C serum at night......basically because it's the only time i have to apply it properly......in the mornings, i'm busy getting the kids ready for school.......one of them being my husband (kids)..........regards Karina


Karina,

That sounds just fine to me! I sometimes do the same thing. Sometimes we can get hung up on all these things. While some say it is best to apply C in the morning, I know you will get the same great results applying JB's C&C during the evening. Where the C&C isn't drying at all I have been known to apply it twice a day (when I think of it). Perhaps I am overdoing it... but my skin likes it. Wink

_________________
As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Posts: 340
Mon May 23, 2005 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Winnie.......... Very Happy Very Happy just wanted to be sure........by the way...i really still love the product.............i just can't get enough of it.........i look forward every night.......i can't say that for any other product except Dermalogica Microfoliant.......which was recommended by yourself............regards Karina
Jona
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Posts: 29
Mon May 23, 2005 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I think the C&C by Janson Beckett is by far the best C I have ever used. I buy all the JB products and love them. However, the C&C is a bit expensive for me. I figure it will last me a month. Don't know if I can keep up. Sad Will give it my best shot. Laughing

Wish it was in a 1 oz. bottle. Just not willing to pay $100.00 an oz. for C.
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Jul 2003
Posts: 1277
Tue May 24, 2005 1:41 am      Reply with quote
one way of looking at the smaller bottle is that we'll use it up before it oxidises Confused

well I've only been using this for a few days so it's long term effects I can't judge yet. However, I will say that it has not settled in my pores -so it's heads above the others I've tried from the start, I like the texture of the serum, it's easier to direct the application and not have it running down your face Very Happy
Have to see what we all think at the end of the bottle.

_________________
Using. ADCE day & night
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Posts: 1135
Fri May 27, 2005 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I've only used the C+C serum a couple of days. I love JB Skin Prep, ADCE and Okusil. And while I know it will take a while for any VitC serum to lighten my freckles, I must say the C+C goes on elegantly, like the other JB products. They all really make my skin look and feel its best. I say this after trying a sample of SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic I was recently given -- it made my skin look shiny when it was on (rather than the glow I get from JB products), accentuated fine lines, and after cleansing, my skin looked dry. None of this happens when I use JB. However, I've read on this forum and elsewhere that VitC sera containing L-ascorbic acid are considered most effective. I've just begun using this type of product so I have no long-term personal basis to compare, but I have to at least rule out the SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic when it comes to the appearance and texture of my skin while using it.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Posts: 1093
Fri May 27, 2005 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
JB C&C Facial Serum is at the top of list of fav c serums. It tightens my whole face and makes my pores look smaller. And it sinks in and virtually disappears, I love it!! I don't tend to review much because I haven't tried many other things often to compare my newly aquired products but like to chime in with my opinion within other's reviews. Laughing

_________________
V2J 6P7
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 May 2007
Posts: 295
Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Reviving an old thread!

I just received a sample of this in the mail. I was wondering though, how can I tell whether the serum has already oxidized or changed?

Reason being it was sitting in the mailbox all day so when I took it out the bottle was pretty warm and I'm afraid the serum might have changed.

It looks pretty yellow in the bottle and I was told if it smells "off" that I shouldn't use it. Can any experienced vit c users and anyone who get this C&C serum comment?

_________________
Whatever you do, do it with passion and conviction...even if it means spending a couple hundred on something you want but don't need!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 3539
Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Kareberry* wrote:
Reviving an old thread!

I just received a sample of this in the mail. I was wondering though, how can I tell whether the serum has already oxidized or changed?

Reason being it was sitting in the mailbox all day so when I took it out the bottle was pretty warm and I'm afraid the serum might have changed.

It looks pretty yellow in the bottle and I was told if it smells "off" that I shouldn't use it. Can any experienced vit c users and anyone who get this C&C serum comment?


Janson Beckett's C&C is a stable form of Vitamin C serum. It contains 5% Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate & Sodium Ascorbate. You would have to be concerned with a Vit C made of L-ascorbic acid. C&C has a very long shelf life.

I personally use this product. The color is clear and golden. I don't think you need to be concerned.

_________________
As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 May 2007
Posts: 295
Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reassurance Winnie!

I really really wanted to use this product so I'm glad you said "Clear and Golden" because that's exactly what it looks like!

_________________
Whatever you do, do it with passion and conviction...even if it means spending a couple hundred on something you want but don't need!
moonshadow
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 40
Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
2 years ago after the comments of other memebers, I bought this Vitamin C and like it quite much. I have used up 5 bottles but since I like keep switching to new products, so I stopped it. Maybe times later, I'll switch it back Smile
Happycat
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 131
Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:51 am      Reply with quote
After reading this, I decided to give it a try in my upcoming order, will keep you ladies posted on my review, one more question, would you ladies use it AM or PM and together with the skin prep or not? Thanks!
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 May 2007
Posts: 295
Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:57 am      Reply with quote
I can't believe I forgot to do a review of this product! After I tried the sample I got the full bottle and have since finished using it. I love the C&C more than any other vit c serum. It made my skin really soft, it did a little brightening and I think it helped with calming my skin. I got clogged pores from using other vit c serums but not from this one!

I love the gel type consistency, it sinks in fast so I don't "feel" like I have to wait as you do with other vit c serums and overall it just feels very refreshing to use!

The only reason I did not repurchase was because I wanted to try other serums so getting this one too would have been overkill. However, I'm wondering if my not using this has led to some of the cystic acne I've been getting lately? I had pretty clear skin when I was using the C&C. I'll definitely come back to this if the other serums I'm interested in doesn't work out.

_________________
Whatever you do, do it with passion and conviction...even if it means spending a couple hundred on something you want but don't need!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 3539
Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Kareberry,

I am so happy that you liked Janson Beckett's C&C as much as I have. Right now I am using Vivier 20 but in a heartbeat would repurchase the C&C. I have had outstanding results with all Janson Beckett's products.

_________________
As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 1366
Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Some weeks ago I used two samples of the C&C which EDS gave me. It seemed like a nice and light serum, and it didn't cause blackheads around my nose, like most serums with l-ascorbic acid.

However, I missed the glow that SkinMedica, Vivier and other l-ascorbic acid based serums give me.

Then, a great idea came up in my head. I am now thinking about using C&C on my nose Liar and around my eyes Rolling Eyes and a l-ascorbic product in the rest of my face.

Is the C&C safe for use around the eyes? TIA.

_________________
Female, 40, Norway. Normal/dry skin, starting to see signs of aging. Staples: Glycolic acid cleanser, SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF, Revaleskin, NIA24.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 28 Jul 2004
Posts: 3539
Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Septembergirl wrote:
Some weeks ago I used two samples of the C&C which EDS gave me. It seemed like a nice and light serum, and it didn't cause blackheads around my nose, like most serums with l-ascorbic acid.

However, I missed the glow that SkinMedica, Vivier and other l-ascorbic acid based serums give me.

Then, a great idea came up in my head. I am now thinking about using C&C on my nose Liar and around my eyes Rolling Eyes and a l-ascorbic product in the rest of my face.
Is the C&C safe for use around the eyes? TIA.


I never had a problem using C&C around the eye area. Just be careful not to get it in your eye. HTHs

_________________
As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Posts: 1366
Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie - thank you. I will give it a try.

_________________
Female, 40, Norway. Normal/dry skin, starting to see signs of aging. Staples: Glycolic acid cleanser, SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF, Revaleskin, NIA24.
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 354
Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking about trying this, but am a little hesitant because years ago, I had a bad experience with Cellex C. It caused a lot of irritation to my skin (redness, dryness, burning sensation). Is it safe to assume that a higher strength of Vitamin C is not for me? Or would this product be gentler? I currently use ADCE and Skin Prep and LOVE these products.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



DeVita Perfecting Time (75 ml / 2.5 oz) Pevonia Spa Clinica Pro Micro-Retinol Essential Moisturizer (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Anthony Logistics Wake Up Call Hydrating Treatment Gel (90 ml / 3 floz)