Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Reviews:: AlphaDerma (etc) Reviews (may be long!)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
SusanC
5% products discount

Wed May 18, 2005 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
OK here goes, the big review Cool

Since the begining of April I've been using Skin Prep and ADCE.

Skin Prep - clear gel, no noticable smell and nice consistency, very easy to apply. I've been putting this on my forehead, under eyes, around jaw line and down neck. As this dries I can actually feel the skin tightening and smoothing.

Once the skin prep has dried I follow with the Vivier eye serum (around eyes) and either Kine-C or C+C serum over the rest of my face & neck.

Five mins later it's the turn of the Okusil around the eyes. Now I've only been using this around 3 weeks but the results have been great. Again it's a clear gel that's more sticky than the skin prep and easy to apply. I would say that I've had a 60-70% reduction in the severity of my under eye circles. So much so that I could almost cover them with foundation only For the record my circles are due to very pale skin and I've had them as long as I can remember. They always appear worse when my allergies flare up (allergic rhinitis - lots of sneezing), which has happened in the last 2 weeks, so the results are doubly amazing. Very Happy

As far as the ADCE, that gets applied to the forehead, jawline and neck in the morning and occasionally over the Okusil in the evening. The ADCE is a white lotion that has a slight "Soya milk" smell IMO. It takes a bit of gentle massage to get it fully absorbed and only a small amount is needed.

The results of the Skin prep and ADCE has been around a 70% reduction in the depth of my wrinkles/creases overall. The neck area has probably had closer to an 80% reduction.

Other observations, products used. I have been using a small amount of moisturiser (Dr Hauschka) and eye cream (Cellcosmet) in the morning as my foundation seems to go on smoother when I do. However I think I'm going to be looking at tinted moisturisers soon as I don't think I need the coverage of my regular foundation Shock

I can't see me giving up any of these products in the future - they are now at the top of my must have list
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I am glad that you are getting great results. I wish I had those results when I tried the AD/CE.
Winnie has had fantastic results with JB products. It was her raving about the products that got her the job with JB.I think Ian must have been impressed with her results and realised what a great asset she would be to his company. she totally believes in the products and the proof that it can work is plain to see on her face.
I hope you continue to get good results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Susan C: Were you heavily wrinkled to start with? How old are you?
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2005 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Susan,

I am thrilled your skin is loving AlphaDermaCE and the Mineral Prep. Somehow I take reviews on JB personal. After all, I raved about it for months before I started working for them and still do. Please let me know how things go as the weeks and months go by.

Sharky, I know you directed your question to Susan. In my case I never was heavy wrinkled. My face lost tone. That is when I decided to give AlphaDermaCE and Mineral Prep a go.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
belledivine67
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2005 7:51 am      Reply with quote
I have been using this product for approximately one month and I LOVE IT! I am 38 years old with fine crows feet and forehead lines. This product does has wonderful ingredients in addition to Argireline. It even contains sunscreen! My crows feet have responded quite well to the AlphaDerma CE. Between my morning and evening application, I use Camellia Oil as a light moisturizer.

My forehead lines have responded, but not to the degree that my crowsfeet have. I feel like a trader, but I bit the bullet and ordered Relax-a-line with Vialox. I have used it exclusively on my forehead lines for 6 days and it has made an amazing difference. The product, however, does not have the lovely consistency that the AlphaDerma CE has. It is very watery and seems purely "medicinal". It has, however, had some immobilizing effect on my forehead lines. Only time will tell.....but it seems to really work. I would, however, only use this new product on really stubborn lines.
SusanC
5% products discount

Thu May 19, 2005 8:06 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Susan C: Were you heavily wrinkled to start with? How old are you?

Almost 42, and about the right number of wrinkles for my age Wink I haven't got much sun damage as I like to keep out of the sun because I'm so fair and generally my skin is quite well behaved, only the occasional hormonal outburst to contend with Laughing
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2005 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I love them too!!!!!

Lori

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2005 12:43 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the Prep, ADCE, and Okusil for a while now. I plan to give a review on all of them after I have been using them longer and have more of an idea as to the results. I will say that I have been really happy with the Okusil on my dark circles. For some reason, I had been getting these really dark circles and a hollow-eyed look. Sad I still have some darkness in the inner corner areas, but overall the darkness has improved so much. I don't know if I will lose all of the dark circles eventually or not, but until the Okusil nothing had worked at all.
Mabsy

Thu May 26, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
My mum has been using the JB lineup (skin prep, ADCE, and Okusil) as well as a 20% Vivier C serum for ages now and she continues to see great results with this regime. I know that some people have mentioned that they see immediate results in terms of wrinkle reduction but for a while my mum saw results in just skin texture (she was thrilled with that too! Smile) and it took a few weeks to see the good results. She had some pretty deep wrinkles so the results have been impressive. Her favorite product in terms of improving skin texture is the Skin Prep gel. She went overseas and didn't take it with her and when she got back she said she's never travelling without it again Smile She's also dropping hints about her upcoming birthday and the words that frequently come out of her mouth are "ADCE" (she ran out and stole mine while I was away! Laughing ) and "Vivier". Oh well, it makes my job easier Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, a question for successful ACDE users. Some people say it has dramatically reduced frown lines and horizontal forehead lines. I'm not using the ACDE on my dynamic lines (frown, forehead) anymore because it seems to make them look worse.

Difficult to describe, but it really kind of bunches my forehead muscles up and accentuates the lines. I'm suspecting it's the DMAE as I had the same experience using the Perricone DMAE. I always feel the lines on my forehead are 'overdeveloped' from years of raising my eyebrows (my lines are much worse after teaching all day). I'd be good for Botox if only people who used it didn't look so freaky. Argeline, by the way, doesn't do much for me there either.

Anyway, I tried the ACDE for ten days or so on my forehead and was looking nasty so dropped it in that area. Finally, what I really want to know is did you experience 'the ugles' before improvement? Should I try again? M
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Molly,

Those words again "the uglies." We talked about the uglies so much when copper peptides were the big topic. Laughing

Please let me go back many months: When I first started using AlphaDerma I noticed an immediate tightening of my facial skin. As the weeks and months went by my face just got firmer. Now at my age that was AWESOME! When I was just a customer of JB Laughing I can remember saying to I.S. that I thought my crows feet looked a little deeper. My whole take on this was that where my face was firmer and more lifted the lines around my eyes seemed more prominant. I was not concerned about this as I just liked the overall look of my face. Granted you are much younger then I but do you think that this could have happened to you in a smaller way????? Certainly, don't go back to AD if it was not for you. Just thought this might make some sense.

BTW: my crows feet have softened quite a bit. Everything has balanced out. In my case, I would rather have a firm neck and face (the best I can with a topical).

To answer your question: No, there is not a period of the uglies with AlphaDermaCE. Most people know immediately if they like it.

Regarding your forehead: I style my hair daily and have always sprayed with spray without considering what it does to my forehead. For the past year I have put a tissue under my bangs before spraying my hair. Spray is aweful for your skin. Just an observation. Smile

Idea: for your forehead try getting a chart on the web of accupressure points. When you massage the points on your forehead it really helps relax that area. I fairly recently took a course on this (accupressure facelift). BTW it makes you feel great too. Your face gets nice and rosy with increased circulation.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I experienced no adverse effects. Are you using Skin Prep under the ADCE? It's quite tightening. If you're only applying ADCE on the lines, why not try your entire forehead (or vice versa)?

Molly, I've had Botox a few times (too lazy and tight-fisted to have it done regularly) for the fret lines between my brows and I don't think I ever looked unnatural. However, people who have multiple facial areas treated probably do look expressionless. The effect only lasts about 4 months (give or take), so why don't you give it a try? It may be just what you've been looking for!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie & M.April

Winnie, I do massage - I sent you a long email about face exercises not long ago, remember? But it only has a temporary effect. I think I know where the pressure points are just by experience, but it would be interesting if you could post something.

M.April. Oh no! I met one really terrifying woman who'd been botoxed. I'd never do it. She looked like the living undead and I'm not a naturally smiley person so I think I'd look unfriendly all over.

I'm not only using the ACDE on lines. I use it all over happily, it's just my forehead that doesn't seem to get any benefit. And I do use the prep half the time. I'm just wondering if this tightening and accentuation of the furrows is a precursor to the skin rebuilding and thickening or not. M
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Molly - Maybe you've encountered people who've tried Botox but you didn't realize it -- because it was performed by an experienced professional and wasn't overdone Wink Wink Wink

Do these forehead furrows tend to run in your family? If so, perhaps your musculature will never respond adequately to any topical solution. I think your interst in optimal sun protection, including wearing hats, is a big step in the right direction.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Actually April that was the most frightening thing about it. She was an experienced professional working in Harley Street and she was injecting my eyes with collagen at the time. I thought Jesus if that's what the professionals do to themselves then what kind of a dog's dinner would I end up looking like.

mmmm....I think you've mistaken me for someone else. I did say quite a lot on the BB...sunscreeners thread, but I was actually arguing that there may be some validity in research opposing the use of 'chemical' sunscreen.

Yes, I think it does run in the family, but I think I'm going to give Frownies a go next if no-one is more encouraging about the ACDE.

Thanks - M
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 29, 2005 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Molly now I remember our long email on facial exercise Very Happy Sorry, we talk to so many people. You must consider my age. Laughing You certainly know a lot about exercise.BTW I am learning the scalp routine Smile. I just found that the acupressure course I took relaxes and softens the face. This is a short paragraph and a diagram of some of the points. There are many more points. Will try to scan and get to you. The points can be found easily as there is a little indentation that your finger fits comfortably in. You just gentle massage in circular motions 30x's left, then 30x's to the right. Perhaps this is not the thread to post this...just wanted to respond to you.

The face has a complex muscular structure. Each facial muscle is constantly busy performing a multitude of movements. Consider the full range of emotions, movements and expressions your face makes every day. Even as you dream your facial muscles are working. When facial muscles are massaged and exercised regularly, all the metabolic processes are stimulated, which means facial circulation is improved, capillaries are strengthened, the facial lymph system is cleansed and the skin becomes blemish-free. Whatever your skin type, it will respond to facial massage positively, because massage keeps the collagen and elastin fibers wet and warm which encourages and stimulates their growth. With each facelift massage, the toning benefits increase because muscles have memory.

SusanC
5% products discount

Sun May 29, 2005 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Certainly no uglies here Very Happy my routine from the start has been Skin Prep, Vit C serum (Vivier Kine-C or C+C) followed by ADCE, with ADCE being the only thing that is massaged in.
I've been doing this religiously twice a day since the beginning of April.

5% products discount

Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I start to notice the crow feet around my eyes now, but this looks like an good item to try.
has anyone with sensitive skin tried this product?
mazinga
5% products discount

Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:34 am      Reply with quote
BTW, great face acupuncture pictures!
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have quite sensitive skin and am eczema-prone with some allergies. I've been using the skin prep and AdCE for about 3 weeks. I've had no problems and am pleased with the results so far. - I'll probably repurchase. Hope this helps.

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I am starting now to get sunken cheeks. I have on and off used skin SkinCeuticals lines. It has improved my complexion quite a lot, but it seems that my face can't stop looking older each day Sad
I think JB is on my list this x'mas
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I thought you cannot wear Vit. C with ACDE. Am I right?
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:17 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Hi, a question for successful ACDE users. Some people say it has dramatically reduced frown lines and horizontal forehead lines. I'm not using the ACDE on my dynamic lines (frown, forehead) anymore because it seems to make them look worse.

Difficult to describe, but it really kind of bunches my forehead muscles up and accentuates the lines. I'm suspecting it's the DMAE as I had the same experience using the Perricone DMAE. I always feel the lines on my forehead are 'overdeveloped' from years of raising my eyebrows (my lines are much worse after teaching all day). I'd be good for Botox if only people who used it didn't look so freaky. Argeline, by the way, doesn't do much for me there either.

Anyway, I tried the ACDE for ten days or so on my forehead and was looking nasty so dropped it in that area. Finally, what I really want to know is did you experience 'the ugles' before improvement? Should I try again? M
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:

Back in April I had the same experience with the ADCE . I got a sample and in order to use it for as long as possible i put it only on my forehead-lines - and they got relly worse. After 2 weeks of regular, every day use i dropped it.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear it Lin Laughing because my DMAE experiences always make me sound like a lone freak. Just tried another sample, the IN from DY and yep, again bunchy up lines.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |