Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lotion mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:29 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Skippie,
I just searched for the Olay mask US as well and got the same results as you, maybe Amazon.com or Ebay but even the Olay official site didn't show it? I never understand why they do this!

Oh well, now you know how it feels for those of us not in the US. You guys luck out on most things - I'm forever having to order stuff from overseas because it's not available here. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I'm still not understanding the concept of this - aren't all commercially available sheet masks meant to be hydrating? I have no problem with the DIY aspect of this, I love making my own lotions and potions but it does seem allot of effort to go to when sheet masks are so convenient.

I'd really like to know exactly why this particular concept works miracles and what the therapeutic ingredients and moisturising agents are in her lotion.

I agree with you, I think sheet masks operate in the same way. But I think DIY would work for those who want to use a specific toner/lotion for which off-the-shelf sheet masks are not available. Also, in some cases, I think it may be cheaper using DIY sheet masks then buying them
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Kelilu & Strawberry,
I know we Us gals shouldn't complain! I can only imagine how it is to have everything shipped so far, and not have the avalibility we do here!
I'm sorry! Sad

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Skippie, can you post Kassy's DIY recipe that you mentioned? I haven't been able to find that.

I went out and bought this book and it is fascinating. I think this would really work. I looked up the ingredients for these lotions and the main ingredients are water and glycerin. So, I made up some glycerin water and tried it. That alone plumped up my skin quite a bit. I can't imagine how well the real thing will work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Tonia,
Sorry not Skippie!
Here is the link for an index of all the DIY recipes on the forum as well as suppliers, Havana8 put tons of work into putting this all together, I am sure you will find the recipe here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

HTH
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Darkmoon. Thank you for posting the link. I had actually looked there but couldn't figure out which one Skippie was talking about. I didn't see a recipe by Kassy that was a hydrating lotion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Tonia,
I see what you are saying, Skippie mentioned a recipe she would use as soon as she has all the ingredients?
Sorry hopefully Skippie will answer as to which recipe it is!
Shock
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Skippie, can you post Kassy's DIY recipe that you mentioned? I haven't been able to find that.

I went out and bought this book and it is fascinating. I think this would really work. I looked up the ingredients for these lotions and the main ingredients are water and glycerin. So, I made up some glycerin water and tried it. That alone plumped up my skin quite a bit. I can't imagine how well the real thing will work.

Tonia,

That was a recipe she shared with me privately. I'll be happy to post it if she gives me permission. Another technique I've started from the book which I think is already working wonders is to pinch the lines on each side of my mouth from above and below. I really think that's going to work to get rid of those awful creases.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Another technique I've started from the book which I think is already working wonders is to pinch the lines on each side of my mouth from above and below. I really think that's going to work to get rid of those awful creases.

Do you mean pinch the nasiolabial folds and the marionette creases vertically?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I mean like this:

fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:39 am      Reply with quote
I imagine SK-II Facial Treatment Essence is a "lotion". In fact, I remember the SA telling me that the liquid in their Facial Treatment Masks is the same percentage of pitera as the Essence.

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Here you go, Tonia:

2 OZ. LOTION MASK ALA KASSY..

- 1 oz of tea (I make my usual 8oz mix of green and white teas, and will decant 1oz for this)

- 1 TBS SKB (room temp or zapped for 3 or 4 secs in microwave)

- 1 tsp coconut oil

- 1/2 tsp grapeseed extract (or oil)

- 1/2 tsp algae extract (nice skin tightener + nourishing)

1/2 tsp kukui oil or extract (nice skin brightener/lightener for hyperpigmentation)

- matrixyl and/or argereline (great for fine lines/wrinkles.. use the recommended amount for a 2oz serum)

Just mix everything into the SKB one at a time stirring really well.

As you can see there are little or no preservatives, so it's best to keep in fridge.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Here's specifically what she says about the lotion:

Quote:
A key part of my skincare program is the lotion mask. Though involving only lotion, water, and cotton, it works miracles. Lotions-not to be confused with toners or astringents-condition your skin surface. There are basically two types: hydrating lotions and brightening lotions. The ingredients are typically 80% water and 10% alcohol, along with an assortment of moisturizing agents and therapeutic ingredients. I strongly recommend only those lotions that contain little or no alcohol.

The NARSskin Hydrating Freshening Lotion is the only one she lists as an example. I looked at Japanese skincare lines to see if I could find a hydrating lotion and settled on the Shiseido lotion for now. But I'm sure there are other lotions that can be used, probably some that are cheaper. Kassy has a DIY recipe that I'll probably incorporate as soon as I get the ingredients.

She also suggests using the lotion mask while taking a bath. She says to cut holes in a shower cap and put over your face & lotion mask. I tried this last night but had trouble because of the pieces of cotton. I think this would definitely work better with a one piece mask, such as the Kose tablets or the other tablets mentioned above.

Here are the ingredients of the NARS Hydrating Freshening Lotion (taken from the Sephora website):

Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat (SD Alcohol 40-B), Glycerin, Betain, PPG-13 Decyltetradeceth-24, Carbomer, Alcohol, Arginine, Butylene Glycol, Trisodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape Seed Oil), Prunus Persica (Peach Kernel Extract), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Barbadensis Extract), Lilium Candidum (White Lily Extract), Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

Sephora does list this as a toner. Not sure it would be suitable for mature dry skin (although the name of the product does imply that it is hydrating). HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Skippy, thank you for posting the recipe. I love Kassy's DIY recipes. They always turn out great for me.

Amazingly, I have everything on the list except for the algae extract. I may make up a batch tonight and just leave out the algae.

5% products discount

Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I just started lotion mask as a routine. I found my pores not so visible after using it. I think it is worth trying. As least, it helps hydrate the skin.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
meowth wrote:
I just started lotion mask as a routine. I found my pores not so visible after using it. I think it is worth trying. As least, it helps hydrate the skin.

What lotion do you use, meowth?
meowth
5% products discount

Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have sensitive skin so I use Avene Thermal Spring water. I know that it does not claim to minimize pores. But I think I find it work for my pores (near T zone) because my skin lacks moisture and secrets more oil. And lotion mask is just the right remedy for my problem.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
kikiw wrote:
I like lotion mask, you also can DIY. AWAKE has the paper mask, you can add lotion and the mask will pop-out. It's really good.

Thanks for this suggestion, kikiw. I bought these from beauty.com and they're just what I need to do the shower cap lotion mask in the bath.
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skippie,
I was wondering how you are going with the lotion mask and whether you are noticing a big difference between the Shiseido product and Kassy's DIY?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:04 am      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
Hi Skippie,
I was wondering how you are going with the lotion mask and whether you are noticing a big difference between the Shiseido product and Kassy's DIY?

I haven't tried the DIY mask yet, neondaze, since I still have quite a bit of the Shiseido left. The only thing I'm doing differently lately is that I'm soaking the cotton in white tea before I put the lotion on them. I'm continuing to do the mask every night and the shower cap mask once a week. I feel it's giving my face the moisture it needs that the LED treatments suck from it.

Have you tried the lotion mask?
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried it with some Kiehls rosewater toner that I had in the cupboard. I wasn't sure if this was the right sort of 'lotion' so I haven't done it regularly. It did *seem* to make my skin slightly softer, so maybe i should just keep going. Perhaps the whole thing is more about having the cotton pads on your face for a certain amount of time, rather than the specifics of the 'lotion' itself...?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
neondaze,
From research I did on this ancient Japanese beauty treatment, language being what it is LOTION=TONER in the Japanese venacular. So it would appear that what you are using is true to the original concept! I think if it feels good and the results are good go with it!

JMHO
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I happened on a site of a "Japanese Beauty Addict" She explains a few terms we use differently such as Lotion = Toner you might like to read this:

http://jbeautyaddict.blogspot.com/

I've been reading here just searched and came across this site! I can't copy and paste it as it is white lettering on black.

HTH
DM

I am quoting myself as the link is posted above if any wish to read some info on different terms we use differently.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
Perhaps the whole thing is more about having the cotton pads on your face for a certain amount of time, rather than the specifics of the 'lotion' itself...?

That's my thinking too. I watched the video of her applying the cotton strips and noticed that she stretched out the material to give a lifting effect and provide support to the skin. I would imagine that this is an important aspect of the process - so maybe using ordinary cotton that doesn't stretch wouldn't be so effective.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Darkmoon, I didn't look at that link when you first posted it.

Keliu - Yes, you are so totally right. I didn't really think about the lifting potential, but she does seem to be quite specific about which bit of cotton goes where, particularly about how it needs to cover certain parts of the jaw etc.

So I guess as long as the lotion/toner doesn't have alcohol you're set, just make sure you get all the right bits covered and fairly taut.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |