Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Study: LED Light And Green Tea Cream Smooth Facial Wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:04 am      Reply with quote
breezy42,

I don't know if it has something to do with bandwidth on the server for EDS or just they aren't showing up for you, happens to me on sites sometimes?
I have seen Skippie's pictures a few times and you can see a great improvement, whatever she's doing the gal looks GREAT! No BS!

HTH
DM Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies and gents, Nanci has her green tea serum listed on her website. Here are the ingredients in her product:

Ingredients: 5% Organic Japanese Green Tea Extract (Camellia Sinensin 3%), EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate 2%). Other ingredients: De-Ionised Spring Water, Acrilate C-10/30 Cross Polymer, Triethanolomines, Cyclomethicone, Aloe Barbadensis, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, rileygirl for posting the ingredients. I've been opening a green tea extract capsule and just pouring a bit in warm water. Do you think this is ok?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
OOhhhh, I just went on to Nanci's website and the Green Tea serum looks really good. Smile Perfect for me since I lack a lot of "me" time in my house. Thanks!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Riley. Anyone have an opinion on the serum based on the ingredients?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:

It contains a silicone, which might bother some people. Personally, it's not something that worries me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Skippie wrote:

It contains a silicone, which might bother some people. Personally, it's not something that worries me.

I don't mind using a product with silicones, but I do wonder about using that before the LED treatment. If I wanted to use this in the morning instead, do you think I could add vitamin c to it?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I don't mind using a product with silicones, but I do wonder about using that before the LED treatment. If I wanted to use this in the morning instead, do you think I could add vitamin c to it?

Nanci would be well aware of all the buzz about using a Green Tea serum before an LED treatment, so I would imagine she would have formulated this serum with this in mind. But it wouldn't hurt to ask her, she's always very helpful.

Don't know about mixing in Vitamin C - I'd be inclined to just use two seperate serums.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Skippie wrote:

Skippie, you may recognize this product (if you minus the EGCg ingredient). It is identical to
Rankine Remedies G- Pre-Treatment Gel that you posted about on the Nuskin Galvanic Spa thread. This is the ingredients list you posted back on August 21/09:

G- Pre-Treatment Ingredients: De-Ionised Spring Water, Acrylate C-10/30 Cross Polymer, Triethanolomines, Cyclomethicone, Camellia Sinensis (Japanese Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA

The only difference I can see between the Rankine product and the Pre-LED treatment Serum is Nanci included the EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate) at a 2% concentration, which is an effective level.

I do not know if silicones, polymers, and gels are appropriate for LED use (even though they appear to be fine for galvanic devices). HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
Skippie wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Skippie wrote:

Skippie, you may recognize this product (if you minus the EGCg ingredient). It is identical to
Rankine Remedies G- Pre-Treatment Gel that you posted about on the Nuskin Galvanic Spa thread. This is the ingredients list you posted back on August 21/09:

G- Pre-Treatment Ingredients: De-Ionised Spring Water, Acrylate C-10/30 Cross Polymer, Triethanolomines, Cyclomethicone, Camellia Sinensis (Japanese Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA

The only difference I can see between the Rankine product and the Pre-LED treatment Serum is Nanci included the EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate) at a 2% concentration, which is an effective level.

I do not know if silicones, polymers, and gels are appropriate for LED use (even though they appear to be fine for galvanic devices). HTH

Shock Shock Thanks, Lacy - I did not recognize it at all. You just saved me some money. I still have a lot of the pre-treatment gel. I never thought about using it with the LED or for anything except the galvanic device.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
You are welcome skippie; happy to save you some money whenever that's possible! As I said, I don't know if silicones, polymers and even aloe vera gel/juice is appropriate for LED use. They may be occlusive to light (I know they can be occlusive to water).

I went through the ingredients again. The EDTA is used as a stabilizer and possibly a chelating agent too; the polymer is a film-forming ingredient; silicones are for slip (which makes sense when using a galvanic device); Triethanolomines (aka TEA) and DMDM Hydantoin are preservatives. However, they are known to give off/release formaldehyde to make the environment less favorable to the microorganisms. For that reason, some people don't like using them on their skin. There doesn't appear to be any emulsifier in this serum.

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ladies, I've followed these treads. Would any one of you tell me where I can buy AALS or WARP? Also does anyone use ultrasound (Bellaire) with LED?

Please kindly shed me a light as I'm really a naive. thanks.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
noray wrote:
Hi Ladies, I've followed these treads. Would any one of you tell me where I can buy AALS or WARP? Also does anyone use ultrasound (Bellaire) with LED?

Here is the website for the light stim.

http://www.lightstim.com/anti-aging-light.html

I am sure Skippie will be along to tell you where she purchased her Warp.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:37 am      Reply with quote
noray wrote:

This is the website for buying the Warp 10:

http://www.warplighttherapy.com/WARP10_ProductsPage.htm

I do love the Warp 10, but there's a coupon (I think 10% off) for the AALS right now. If you're like me, you want to save money where and when you can.
noray

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to Skippie & Rileygirl. I need to find out if the devices can be used in HK (220W). Also what do you think about ultrasound 3MHz for face? Some got LED on it?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:33 am      Reply with quote
noray,

The Warp 10 uses batteries to run so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm sorry I don't know anything about an ultrasound/LED combination.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Kind of changing the subject.

I remember at the beginning of this thread we were tryign to figure out how to make our own green tea. I remember reading to only use the tea for a few days...

i have been lazy and have had the same green tea (which was boiled in tap water - I know it should have been distilled) for many weeks.

It smells and feels the same... but should I really not be doing this? Or is it just a matter of it losing its strength for the LED lights... because at this point I do just use it as a toner.

THANKS
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:02 am      Reply with quote
You may wish to read here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=36231

It has been found that Green Tea should be
made with HOT water not boiling and that ECGC and EGC the goodies you are looking for degrade rather rapidly once introduced into water!

HTH
DM

mb935 wrote:
Kind of changing the subject.

I remember at the beginning of this thread we were tryign to figure out how to make our own green tea. I remember reading to only use the tea for a few days...

i have been lazy and have had the same green tea (which was boiled in tap water - I know it should have been distilled) for many weeks.

It smells and feels the same... but should I really not be doing this? Or is it just a matter of it losing its strength for the LED lights... because at this point I do just use it as a toner.

THANKS

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Nanci would be well aware of all the buzz about using a Green Tea serum before an LED treatment, so I would imagine she would have formulated this serum with this in mind. But it wouldn't hurt to ask her, she's always very helpful.

I think the LED is what she specifically made this green tea serum for. There is a note to use 15-20 minutes prior to LED.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Mb935 - I just brew up the tea as I need it, same as I would do if I were making a cup of tea. I just make it very strong and use a small amount of water. This way, you don't have yet another product cluttering up the bathroom or fridge.

Could someone give me the link to Nanci's Green Tea Serum - I couldn't find it on the website. TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Mb935 - I just brew up the tea as I need it, same as I would do if I were making a cup of tea. I just make it very strong and use a small amount of water. This way, you don't have yet another product cluttering up the bathroom or fridge.

Could someone give me the link to Nanci's Green Tea Serum - I couldn't find it on the website. TIA

Keliu, here is the link.

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/virtuemart/77.html

If that doesn't work, look under the anti-aging products.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

http://www.ncnproskincare.com/virtuemart/15257.html

This is the page with Green Tea Serum Pre-LED Treatment details.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:15 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, last set of questions on pre-led serum, promise!

I'm really confused over the ingredients list.... short as it is.. Confused

1/4 tsp Green Tea Extract
Skinactives sells this in powder form while TPF has it as a liquid. Does the 1/4 tsp refer to the powder or liquid form?

1/2 tsp HA Serum (Hyaluronic Acid)
I'm assuming this should be in liquid form as your recipe states serum. Skinactives has this only in powder form. How much distill water should I be adding to the HA powder to change to a serum? (This is on top of the original 3 tbsp of distilled water in the recipe)

1 TBS SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
Is this 1 tbs of SKB powder or 1 tbs of SKP solution as sold by Skinactives?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:29 am      Reply with quote
Snowstar,
You might want to post your question here as according to a pm I recieved she doesn't watch this thread any longer!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=29297&start=1275

HTH
DM

snowstar wrote:
Kassy, last set of questions on pre-led serum, promise!

I'm really confused over the ingredients list.... short as it is.. Confused

Skinactives sells this in powder form while TPF has it as a liquid. Does the 1/4 tsp refer to the powder or liquid form?

I'm assuming this should be in liquid form as your recipe states serum. Skinactives has this only in powder form. How much distill water should I be adding to the HA powder to change to a serum? (This is on top of the original 3 tbsp of distilled water in the recipe)

Is this 1 tbs of SKB powder or 1 tbs of SKP solution as sold by Skinactives?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Kassy is there another way of doing this minus the microwave. Its just that I'm completely against microwaves after learning that anything you microwave changes and when you put it in the body, it leeches stuff from the body to complete the microwaved item. I'm kind of thinking the same would happen with a lotion we use on the skin. Sorry not very scientific I know but there are a few people who can probably explain it better than me.

Does anyone have experience of premade ready Greentea lotions we can purchase?
Kassy_A wrote:
Great info caboodle, thank you!

So for anybody that wants to experiment with this, here's the LED treatment recipe I posted here a while ago.. We'll just take out the "optional" on the green tea.. Laughing (And yes, this recipe works well with the LED, I promise you!)

PRE-TREATMENT SERUM FOR LED USE

3oz distilled water
1 TBS AHA cream (I use Alpha Hydroxy Souffle, but I guess any would do)

Gently warm the water in the microwave for 5 or 6 seconds and set aside.

Mix the HA + Green Tea into the SKB, add that mixture to the AHA cream, then very gradually add the water, while stirring constntly.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |