Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Colorescience Eye Restoration System (3 items) Go Smile Go Whiter Pre-Whitening Gel (8 swabs) Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free Resurfacing Kit (4 items)
Vitamin C serum post dermarolling?

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
jbobby
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 6
Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Is a vit c serum something that could be put to good use for a post dermarolling recovery? I'm thinking of dermarolling for acne scars. If so can anyone recommend me a good vit c product? I don't think I want to make one myself. Sorry if this has been asked before and thanks in advance!
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 2060
Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C is necessary for building collagen post-any skin procedure.

Oil based forms are strongly recommended for this, until healing has begun to occur.

BF
jbobby
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 6
Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks BF, since I'm new to this could you recommend me any specific products that are oil based?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
If I were buying, it would be this;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellex-c-high-potency-ser-p_346.htm

And because vitamin A + E is just as important (especially to the rollergirls), I would apply a thin coat of palm oil over the C, once it has absorbed;

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/red_palm_oil.htm

All 3 (vit A,C + E), will give you the very best benefits you can achieve with *rolling*...(The zinc in the Cellex is a plus, and showing promising results in the 'elastin' arena!)

**Be forewarned, pure palm oil is orange and very pungent, but it's the one that works! Sure, you can get the clear, processed variety, but I assure you, the goodies are all gone..**

I wish I were such a brave soul... Shock

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2004
Posts: 1028
Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:


And because vitamin A + E is just as important (especially to the rollergirls), I would apply a thin coat of palm oil over the C, once it has absorbed;

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/red_palm_oil.htm
**Be forewarned, pure palm oil is orange and very pungent, but it's the one that works! Sure, you can get the clear, processed variety, but I assure you, the goodies are all gone..**

I wish I were such a brave soul... Shock


Hey Kassy do you think the red palm oil unrefined from Garden of wisdom would be just as good?
http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/3987807/5559654.htm
Do you just warm in your fingers and apply a small amount over your face and when, as in after what treatment?
Sorry for all the questions Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
If I were buying, it would be this;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellex-c-high-potency-ser-p_346.htm

.


I personally would not use this post dermarolling. It has L-ascorbic acid. I would go for a derivative like MAP, ascorbyl palmitate, or tetra ascorbate. Just my 2 cents. The ascorbic acid would burn after dermarolling!
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Posts: 557
Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
JBobby, are you just interested in rolling for product penetration or the more intense, deeper type of rolling? I just do the product penetration (short-needle) rolling, and I've had amazing results from IS Clinical's Pro-Heal Serum. It contains Vitamins A, C and E.

Ingredients: Water, L-Ascorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, SD Alcohol 30, Laureth 4, Zinc Sulfate, Olive Leaf Extract, Alpha Tocopherol, Retinol, Mushroom Extract, Arbutin, Bioflavanoids, Phenoxyethanol.

Hope this helps you ~ JJ
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:23 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
If I were buying, it would be this;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/cellex-c-high-potency-ser-p_346.htm

.


I personally would not use this post dermarolling. It has L-ascorbic acid. I would go for a derivative like MAP, ascorbyl palmitate, or tetra ascorbate. Just my 2 cents. The ascorbic acid would burn after dermarolling!


That just struck me so funny that a 10% serums little burn would even be noticed after the dreaded roller pain... Laughing

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
.
That just struck me so funny that a 10% serums little burn would even be noticed after the dreaded roller pain... Laughing


You would be surprised what burns after dermarolling, Kassy! But, if people are using numbing creams, as some are, they don't have too much pain with dermarolling. I am not talking about the baby rollers here, I am talking about the longer needle rolling and what to use afterward. (Though even with the baby rollers I personally would not roll in L-ascorbic acid nor Retin A. Just MHO!) Very Happy

I still would follow the expert (who is Dr. Fernandes in my mind), and not use acids of any type after rolling. I agree with Barefootgirl, wait until healing has begun and then go back to the acids, but while you are healing, use the oil based forms, which are recommended by the experts.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Posts: 557
Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Rileygirl: Per my oncologist, I followed this protocol while in active cancer treatment: http://www.isclinical.com/whitepapers/cancer-care-protocol.pdf . The ProHeal and PolyVitamin Serums by IS Clinical have been amazing for my skin. But do you believe that I should not be using one or both after rolling? I have the original Dermaroller (0.2mm) and I am only interested in increasing product penetration, NOT extreme inflammation. Post-radiation, my skin has, over time, become much, much thicker; thus, the need for better penetration of products. IS Clinical's strong C serum is called SuperSerum, and I only use the eye version of that product; I believe the ProHeal is very gentle. I've also been using SkinBiology's Skin Signals (after using up Super CP Serum) several times a week but was a bit afraid to use this after rolling until I have more time under my belt. What would your suggestions be? Any advice will be greatly appreciated! ~ JJ Very Happy

BTW, a bad cold last weekend kept me indoors and glued to the computer - I read every page of the 150 page thread on dermarolling. OMG, such incredible information. Fascinating thread! Very Happy BUT I didn't find any information that pertained to my particular situation. I will, of course, talk to my doctor, but I don't see him for another month and am now rolling lightly. TIA for any help!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi, JJ. I think as long as you are not having any irritation at all from penetrating those 2 ISC products and you are getting results, then you could continue with the .2mm needles. I am no expert by any means, but I really believe in Dr. Fernandes and if I were to use the dermaroller for penetration (I use the bigger needles every few months), I would still choose a product that has the derivatives (like a 302 C or A boost, or any of the Environ products, etc.) rather than the acid forms. That is just me, though. Sending you a PM.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 May 2009
Posts: 1308
Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:


And because vitamin A + E is just as important (especially to the rollergirls), I would apply a thin coat of palm oil over the C, once it has absorbed;

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/red_palm_oil.htm
**Be forewarned, pure palm oil is orange and very pungent, but it's the one that works! Sure, you can get the clear, processed variety, but I assure you, the goodies are all gone..**

I wish I were such a brave soul... Shock


Hey Kassy do you think the red palm oil unrefined from Garden of wisdom would be just as good?
http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/3987807/5559654.htm
Do you just warm in your fingers and apply a small amount over your face and when, as in after what treatment?
Sorry for all the questions Smile


Yes, I, too, would love to know whether red palm oil from Garden of Wisdom or Mountain Rose Herbs is as good as the Tropical Traditions's red palm oil. Unfortunately, Tropical Traditions has been out of red palm oil for a few months now.... Sad

Thanks in advance! Smile

_________________
34 y.o. FlexEffect and massage. Love experimenting with DIY and botanical skin care products. Appreciate both hard science and natural approaches. Eat green smoothies + lots of raw fruit and veggies.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2004
Posts: 1028
Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
pal wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:


And because vitamin A + E is just as important (especially to the rollergirls), I would apply a thin coat of palm oil over the C, once it has absorbed;

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/red_palm_oil.htm
**Be forewarned, pure palm oil is orange and very pungent, but it's the one that works! Sure, you can get the clear, processed variety, but I assure you, the goodies are all gone..**

I wish I were such a brave soul... Shock


Hey Kassy do you think the red palm oil unrefined from Garden of wisdom would be just as good?
http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/3987807/5559654.htm
Do you just warm in your fingers and apply a small amount over your face and when, as in after what treatment?
Sorry for all the questions Smile


Yes, I, too, would love to know whether red palm oil from Garden of Wisdom or Mountain Rose Herbs is as good as the Tropical Traditions's red palm oil. Unfortunately, Tropical Traditions has been out of red palm oil for a few months now.... Sad

Thanks in advance! Smile


Kassy was kind enough to pm me with a response.
She confirmed that the palm oil from Garden of Wisdom was great! I hope I can quote you Kassy if not I will edit this post.
I to noticed that the oil from TT was out and I can get quite impatient when I hear something great about a product Laughing
Hope this helps.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 May 2009
Posts: 1308
Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Pal and Kassy--Thank you both SO MUCH for the help!! You are the best. Hugs Smile Smile

_________________
34 y.o. FlexEffect and massage. Love experimenting with DIY and botanical skin care products. Appreciate both hard science and natural approaches. Eat green smoothies + lots of raw fruit and veggies.
jbobby
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 6
Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info guys. As an update I did use the l-ascorbic acid kind post dermaroll. It burned after dermarolling - but only the first day and only immediately, it dissapated in a few minutes at most.
Kay2008
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 May 2008
Posts: 210
Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
On the derma rolling for stretch mark thread, some of the people are using a 'DIY Vit C Spray' (L-ascorbic acid and water). I mentioned this at one poingt and was told not to use L-ascorbic/ascorbic acid after derma rolling.

Someone said:
Quote:
Using Ascorbic acid right after rolling has been associated with tissue necrosis


Since then I havent used my DIY Vit C Spray anymore, just to be safe.

I was just wondering if anybody could possibly clarify if this is true, or if not, then why else wouldn't you recommend using L-Ascorbic acid like that after rolling? (I've seen people recommend an oil/serum C instead).
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Have any of you read this regarding dermarolling?

http://www.dermogenesis.com/roll-cit/ClinicsDermatology2008_PCI.pdf
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Posts: 557
Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Have any of you read this regarding dermarolling?

http://www.dermogenesis.com/roll-cit/ClinicsDermatology2008_PCI.pdf


This is excellent information! I've bookmarked this as it answers any and all questions about the benefits of rolling. It got me even more excited about rolling. Thanks, Riley! Very Happy

_________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away ~ Author Unknown
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome, JJ! Very Happy
jbobby
New Member

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Aug 2009
Posts: 6
Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
JBobby, are you just interested in rolling for product penetration or the more intense, deeper type of rolling? I just do the product penetration (short-needle) rolling, and I've had amazing results from IS Clinical's Pro-Heal Serum. It contains Vitamins A, C and E.

Ingredients: Water, L-Ascorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, SD Alcohol 30, Laureth 4, Zinc Sulfate, Olive Leaf Extract, Alpha Tocopherol, Retinol, Mushroom Extract, Arbutin, Bioflavanoids, Phenoxyethanol.

Hope this helps you ~ JJ


I'm doing the deeper type of rolling for acne scars. So what vit c product should I use post-dermarolling from now on? The whole 'tissue necrosis' thing from l-ascorbic acid got me kinda scared! Hah.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Nov 2009
Posts: 1210
Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I just read the Dermogenesis article referenced above and want to find a product that combines all three things the doc recommended -- Vitamins A, C and E in the prefered forms for dermarolling. Is there such a beast? Preferably one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

At the very least, one that combines the right C and E because Garden of Wisdom's red palm oil seems cheap and suitable for the Vitamin A in this equation.

I thought I'd also use these every other day in the AM, alternating days with skinbiology SkinSignals CP.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Feb 2009
Posts: 557
Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
I just read the Dermogenesis article referenced above and want to find a product that combines all three things the doc recommended -- Vitamins A, C and E in the prefered forms for dermarolling. Is there such a beast? Preferably one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

At the very least, one that combines the right C and E because Garden of Wisdom's red palm oil seems cheap and suitable for the Vitamin A in this equation.

I thought I'd also use these every other day in the AM, alternating days with skinbiology SkinSignals CP.


SoftSkin, GoW has a great product called Chock Full of Vitamins w/Retinyl Palmitate. http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/7012656/7422550.htm . It's $30 for a one-ounce bottle, but you wouldn't use much each time you roll and it would supply everything you need to get into the skin in a very gentle and safe formulation. Contains the following:

Distilled Water
Acai Oil, Organic [anti-oxidant]
Plantamulse [emulsifier]
Magnesium Ascorbyl Palmitate [Vit C]
Retinyl Palmitate [Vitamin A] *pregnancy safe*
Vitamin E [natural form]
Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate [Vit C]
Cellulose Gum [emulsifier]
Cosmocil CQ [preservative]

I would also apply Red Palm Oil or Avocado Oil post-rolling. Or add a dab of the Chock Full of Vitamins to one of the oils while rolling. Note - when I'm discussing rolling, it's facial rolling; I haven't dived into body rolling yet. ~ JJ

_________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away ~ Author Unknown
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 2060
Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the info on the GOW product. I was not aware of it and it looks similar to my own concoction.

I was thinking of ordering the Environ products...but they are quite expensive.

BF
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 05 Nov 2009
Posts: 1210
Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:

SoftSkin, GoW has a great product called Chock Full of Vitamins w/Retinyl Palmitate. http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/catalog/item/7012656/7422550.htm . It's $30 for a one-ounce bottle, but you wouldn't use much each time you roll and it would supply everything you need to get into the skin in a very gentle and safe formulation. Contains the following:

Distilled Water
Acai Oil, Organic [anti-oxidant]
Plantamulse [emulsifier]
Magnesium Ascorbyl Palmitate [Vit C]
Retinyl Palmitate [Vitamin A] *pregnancy safe*
Vitamin E [natural form]
Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate [Vit C]
Cellulose Gum [emulsifier]
Cosmocil CQ [preservative]

I would also apply Red Palm Oil or Avocado Oil post-rolling. Or add a dab of the Chock Full of Vitamins to one of the oils while rolling. Note - when I'm discussing rolling, it's facial rolling; I haven't dived into body rolling yet. ~ JJ


I'm not rolling a product into the skin, but it would be used after a deeper monthly roll. Then depending on the consistency, I might try it every other day under makeup, alternating with my CPs. My skin has T zone oiliness, so I think adding more oil would be too much.

Thanks for the recommendation. It sound like what I'm looking for. The web page is confusing. It says "1 oz." at the top but below says:
"Packaging: supplied in a .25 ounce bottle with dropper and cap."

If it's only 1/4 oz. I'd probably just use it for post rolling once a month only since that is expensive.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Thank you for the info on the GOW product. I was not aware of it and it looks similar to my own concoction.

I was thinking of ordering the Environ products...but they are quite expensive.

BF


They sure are! The GOW formula looks good!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Nia24 Intensive Healthy Skin Regimen Kit (3 items) Payot Design Ultra Lift Remodelling Lifting Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Carita Progressif Perfect Cream for Body New Generation Complete Care (200 ml / 6.7 floz)