Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Evidence-Based Anti-Aging Treatments
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:06 am      Reply with quote
After rolling, I mix my own topical concoctions (roughly based on the formulas used in the Environ products) to apply for the next few days and keep them refrigerated.

If staying inside and don't mind an orange glow, I'll mix oil based forms of Vitamins A, C & E into the SA Antioxidant oil base - retinyl palmitate, Tetrahexydecylascorbate and natural E - so these work well in a base of carotene, lycopene, (richly colored antioxidants - the same ones that are so great for the inside of the body) etc.

If going out and need a non-tinted look, lol. I'll mix these same vitamins in a base of avocado oil or another oil with naturally occurring goodies & antiox bennies (like rice bran oil).

Recently purchased Red Palm oil and Vitamin serum from GOW - so will be trying those next.

I apply these oils for 2-3 days following a deep roll.

BF

I'll just add that I came to the decision to use these formulas after extensive research and studying the papers and articles written by people like Dr. Fernandez.... as well as my dermatology textbooks and articles from experts on wound healing (Vitamin C oil is used by medical personnel for burn patients needing to regenerate collagen) - I may also at some point, do further research on wound healing and recommended protocols

When you look at it, what we are doing is deliberately wounding our skin for the sole purpose of triggering the healing process (without scarring)...in order to regenerate collagen and elastin and other side benefits.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:45 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
jjbeacham wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:
oh and let's not forget the most famous comb-over of all: "The Donald" !! Bad Grin

That man has all the money in the world and still can't get a good look for his scalp, lol.

BF

BF, did you ever see The Donald's comb-over in a high wind? That's a sight I will never forget, as it was shaped like a dunce cap. Laughing

I am really about to reveal my dark side but every time I see that man on TV I have the most undeniable urge to set his "do" on fire!

DM Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

With all the product he uses, you would have a bonfire! Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
We might call it a Donfire! Smile

jjbeacham wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
jjbeacham wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:
oh and let's not forget the most famous comb-over of all: "The Donald" !! Bad Grin

That man has all the money in the world and still can't get a good look for his scalp, lol.

BF

BF, did you ever see The Donald's comb-over in a high wind? That's a sight I will never forget, as it was shaped like a dunce cap. Laughing

I am really about to reveal my dark side but every time I see that man on TV I have the most undeniable urge to set his "do" on fire!

Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

jjbeacham wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
jjbeacham wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

BF

Rolling Eyes

Clever girl! LMAO!!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
LMAO I better add a disclaimer don't want the authorities knocking down my door for thoughts! I would never actually harm someone, but that hair is tempting! OK for any thought police out there it's just a silly thought Smile

jjbeacham wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

jjbeacham wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
jjbeacham wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

BF

Rolling Eyes

Clever girl! LMAO!!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
LMAO I better add a disclaimer don't want the authorities knocking down my door for thoughts! I would never actually harm someone, but that hair is tempting! OK for any thought police out there it's just a silly thought Smile

Hereafter known as The Donfire Disclaimer, and we are all your witnesses when the FBI comes knocking. Laughing

But seriously, with his money at our disposal, anyone on this Forum would've already found a wonderful solution and it would NOT be a combover. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
LMAO
You don't even need his money for hair replacements which have come a long way since the first hair plugs! I often wonder does he just think he looks fine that way! Smile

jjbeacham wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Hereafter known as The Donfire Disclaimer, and we are all your witnesses when the FBI comes knocking. Laughing

But seriously, with his money at our disposal, anyone on this Forum would've already found a wonderful solution and it would NOT be a combover. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
LMAO
You don't even need his money for hair replacements which have come a long way since the first hair plugs! I often wonder does he just think he looks fine that way! Smile

He has a gigantic ego I believe, so I would guess that he thinks he looks very dashing with that combover......giggles.. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
LMAO

He has a gigantic ego I believe, so I would guess that he thinks he looks very dashing with that combover......giggles.. Laughing

I think he is one extreemly arrogant ______ insert explative here! I am sure he thinks he is just too hot! LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:37 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
jjbeacham wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
LMAO

I think he is one extreemly arrogant ______ insert explative here! I am sure he thinks he is just too hot! LOL

What's that song ..."I'm too sexy for myself..." Reminds me of him. LOL He would certainly be way too hot with that "do" afire! Where's my Bic???? Laughing

ETA: The Donfire Disclaimer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl--I, too, just purchased red palm oil. As soon as I finish my current skin care trial 1-3 weeks from now, I'm going to experiment with red palm oil. Smile I'd love to hear what you think of it, especially in comparison to things like avocado oil. Thanks!! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I have a pot of red palm oil but haven't really used it, as I was bit worried it would stain the skin. How are you ladies planning to use this ?

thanks

Jackie xx
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I did a patch test for red palm fruit oil on my skin, and although the oil is quite reddish orange, most but not quite all of the color was gone after I rubbed in the oil...and in fact, I kind of like the very slight orange-ish/tan tint it gave to my skin. So I will probably just apply the oil undiluted straight onto the skin, but back off if I run into any issues. But then again, I'm someone who doesn't mind the orangish tint of Sea Buckthorn oil, though I do dilute that in carrier oil and only use it at night...so, in other words, I might not be the best person to ask, as I can be quite adventurous at times Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I also just found this: http://thebeautybrains.com/2008/03/05/does-red-palm-oil-in-hty-gold-really-hide-the-years/

...so I guess some people really don't like the color it leaves on their skin. So you might want to try a patch test first, say, using the back of your hand.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am like CM, don't mind the color, as long as it doesn't leave a permanent stain. I've been adding SAS' Anti-Ox Booster (very deep red) to emu oil and loving it. I think red palm oil will be a perfect oil for rolling. ~ JJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Last night, my guy ("boyfriend" lol) tells me I look like Claudia Schiffer, the model. I have about 10 years and 50 pounds on Claudia. Must have been the wine or something else talking Bad Grin but hey I take all the compliments I can get!

BF
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Last night, my guy ("boyfriend" lol) tells me I look like Claudia Schiffer, the model. I have about 10 years and 50 pounds on Claudia. Must have been the wine or something else talking Bad Grin but hey I take all the compliments I can get!

BF

The "boyfriend" (lol) has obviously been noticing that you are stopping aging in its tracks rather than just lying down and giving up, BF, and hey, a little wine never hurts! Bad Grin You deserve all of these compliments you've been getting; you have really been committed to what you're doing for your skin. I think that is awesome and you and Claudia are gorgeous girls! Hooray for you! Good going, BF!!!! ~ JJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks! this compliment was handed out after he'd already had three glasses of wine and sat giggling at my dinner table.

BF - having some fun at midlife
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Thanks! this compliment was handed out after he'd already had three glasses of wine and sat giggling at my dinner table.

BF - having some fun at midlife

LOL! I have no doubt you are worthy of the compliment wine or not....

We already know you are beautiful on the inside! ♥

And off I go to whip out the Merlot for din-din.. Laughing

ETA: I'm so glad to see some folks incorporating palm oil into your rolling regimes... It's fabulous stuff once you get by the pungent smell and orangy glow... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
It's going to take allot more than Evidenced-Based Anti-Aging Topicals to make me look like Claudia Schiffer!!

Congratulations BFG - there's nothing like feeling good about yourself to make everything right with the world. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

BF

Congratulations! (I gotta get me some of this red palm oil! Wink)
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Update - my parents are visiting from out of state this weekend.

I have not seen them since Jan 10th.

They both stared at me when they first arrived and both insist that I must have had facial surgery since they last saw me. I swore to them that I haven't done a thing...my mother finally asked if it might be some Botox, which I did admit to, but Botox is really the minor player in my overall regimin and my last injection of Botox was on December 12th.

I am the oldest of 5 siblings. They think I look closer to #4 and she is 10 years younger!

They are not the type of parents to throw casual compliments around...so this means a great deal to me.

I think the combo of Vitamin C, Retin A and dermarolling is a winner!

BF
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl, I am so happy for you!!!! It's great to hear that someone is making progress:)
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats BFG!! That's a heck of a lot of compliments you're getting for all the hard work you've done, so it must be worth it! Very Happy Could you please share with us the rough percentages of vitamins A, C, E oils vs carrier oil that you use? What oil do you use for vit A? Thanks!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
BF That is really great to hear, and if your parents don't hand out compliments lightly you know it is really working. Way to go Smile Smile Smile

DM

Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |