Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy,

Thanks for your reply Smile

Yes normally I use the Vit A after using the LED and don't worry about it.
This qu is for when I do a deep roll -- I'm trying to incorporate the LED into that process.
It is supposed to be best to apply Vit A + Vit C quite frequently the first few days after doing a roll. I'm wanting to add the LED into the mix, but wanted to figure out when it was safe to do so during those few days.

I'm guessing it is ok to wait 12 hrs seeing as it is normally recommended to apply Vit A at night, and then you are supposedly good to go the next morning (as long as you use sunscreen).
And the LED is a bit like the sun. I think... tho I'm not so clear on all that Confused
And not so clear on how long Vit A is stored in the skin Confused
gumdropday
5% products discount

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I got my Lightstim in yesterday and used it last night! I am very excited. I used it over my lips to hopefully work on the lines above my upper lip. Is anyone else doing this? I was a little disappointed that it didn't come with any instructions, so I looked them up on their website. They showed 10 areas of the face to use it on, but didn't show anything for over the mouth. Does anyone know if there is a reason that you wouldn't want to use it there? Thanks!
kiarmo

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

This is my first post. I'm a long-time lurker who now lusts for AALS! My biggest concern is what extra duty and shipping charges I may be hit with because I live in Canada. Has anyone from Canada ever ordered AALS and can you tell me what, if any, extra charges there were??

I'm amazed at the wealth of info here--you gals (and guys) are terrific! I've been using Kassy's Vit C-E-Ferulic serum (on my 4th batch) and really like it. Also using several products from SAS along with OCM and various oils--ALL of which I've learned from this forum. OCM has helped my T-zone a lot but it's still on the oily side. I had 4 V-beam laser treatments for broken caps around my nose which was a total waste of money.

Although my tagline would make you think my face is a mess when you add up all the "issues" it has, I still am frequently told that I don't look anywhere near 50; of course no one sees me without makeup or else they wouldn't be saying that! I actually believe it's good genes b/c both my parents looked much younger than their ages too.

Anyway, wrinkling is just starting to become an issue for me especially in the NL area so that's why I'm interested in AALS--but I need to get the shipping issue sorted out before I take the plunge and order one.

Thanks so much for any help and I'm sooo glad I found this forum!!

female 50, combo skin, some hyperpigmentation, enlarged pores on nose, several spider veins; use Kassey's DIY C, E, Ferulic serum, SAS products (LMC, CHAS, Anti-Aging Cream, ELS, Bright-I, Pumpkin Enzyme Peel), pHisoderm in a.m. & OCM at night; fave oils are rosehip seed, almond & jojoba
KayS
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I have a AALS that is only two months old. I purchased it from the AALS website. My problem is that I have such a busy life that the only device I find myself using consistently is my Tua Viso. I have decided to sell my AALS for $295.00 if anyone is interested you can pm me.
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
The UPS man came!

So, I used the AALS for the first time tonight. I used a brewed white tea/green tea blend on a washcloth, soaked for a few minutes for pretreatment as I didn't have any other products.

It's ironic, the warmth of the treatment reminds me of why I loved lying out in the sun in my high school days Smile

First of all, I wanted to thank Toby and Kassy very much for their encouragement!

And I had a bit of trouble with certain areas: eyes and nose:
- how do you treat these areas without having the lightstim shine into your eyes, even if eyes are closed? I worry so much about my eyes, as I live in a ski town at high altitude where the sun is intense, and many people have early onset cataracts due to sun exposure. Is there a trick to using the AALS on these areas?

Thanks in advance! PS. I took before pictures!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome kiarmo wave ,
The lightstim is a great device if you read through this thread you will see many satisfied owners. I am not new to LED light treatments but am fairly new to the Lightstim(five months) and am most pleased. Kassy got the ball rolling here with the Lightstim and I also with the pretreatment protocols. I hope you can find a good price and a resonable shipping fee.

Snowymtn,
I didn't get aboard with this LED light at first but boy I am now. It is so wonderful, I can't wait to hear your results.....recently I have heard several people talk about the lightstim being so pleasurable that it is like laying out in the skin without the harmful rays. I asked about the rays on the eyes with the Lightstim and was assured it is fine.....you can always get some tanning bed sun glasses if it bothers you Image

5% products discount

Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hello--I have been lurking on this site for a while and posted a few times. After a LOT of reading and research, I decided to take the plunge and buy the AALS.

As for my issues...I am not looking to turn the clock back very far! Only 2-3 years at the most! I am 35, and was very happy with how I looked until I developed a contact allergy on my face that went undiagnosed for over a year! Now I know what caused it and I have begun healing...but the year of inflammation and swelling has left a LOT of damage. I feel greatly aged, and I felt like I was looking my best now that I am in my 30s.

My skin feels thin and fragile and I have developed dark circles and bags under my eyes (possibly because my eyes would swell and deflate, swell and deflate CONSTANTLY when i was having a reaction). My skin is very reactive and turns red easily too. I have new wrinkles because my skin was so dry and inflamed for so long.

Do you think the Light Stim will help with all these issues? I feel like my skin has sustained ten years of damage in one year and I really hope I can get it back to what it was. In addition to the AALS, I have started Lulu's exercises (hoping it will help the bags!) and also am using the Fyola ultra sound massager. I use Obagi 5% vit C serum too.

I would appreciate any guidance/advice!!!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Eye area concern:When I made the comment on an earlier post about asking about the rays of the LED lights on the eyes and it was fine....let me clarify what I meant(I was half asleep when I wrote it). I too wondered about the LED rays appearing so bright around the eyes even with the eyes shut. I think if you see some postings from Kassy she is careful and cautious about use of the device around the eye area....she just keeps it on the bone around the eye...and maybe not on the lid itself(Kassy please share how you use it around the eye area if you happened to see this). Remember I am not the veteran of the Lightstim here just a new and enthused user, Kassy and many others have been using it way longer. I did contact Steve from Lightstim because I have dry eyes and he assured me there is no problem. But I need a disclaimer here...anyone using the light needs to check with the company with any concerns of use. I will contact Steve and ask him to send me information that can be posted. Wink

beebsYou are really needing help with something that is more medical and I think you could contact Steve with Lightstim and also the doctor that has been treating you.It could be risky doing anything that you haven't had a doctor's approval on... it sounds as though your skin has already been compromised. LED lights are used in healing but still getting your doctor on board with you plan of action is important.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
you can always get some tanning bed sun glasses if it bothers you Image

what a brilliant idea- the lights do really bother me even with eyes shut and indirectly over them- I feel kind of like I've been blinded for a while after,sort of hazy (maybe cuz I wear contact lenses?) who knows but this is definitely a brilliant solution because it allows all the skin of my browbone and peri-orbital area to still reap the benefits and they're so cheap to buy too! thanks Toby Very Happy

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
One small mini update: I had an emerging acne just starting to form on my chin yesterday, if you are acne prone you know the feeling when you can feel the beginning of one? Argh I hate it!

This morning there is no sign of it! Wondering if it could have been the lightstim? Or coincidence? In the past they never really go away by themselves!

I can already tell I'm going to be a new AALS addict Smile

PS: Toby, great idea on the tanning/eye googles, I'm searching for them now!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed Steve, the owner of Lightstim, about using the Lighstim around the eyes and I have copied his response below. I have emailed Steve several times and have gotten an answer very quickly, even if it has been on the weekend. I have also gotten excellent customer service from his office. Very Happy
This is Steve's response
Here's the tech on it: You will get results about 1/4 of an inch outside of the head of the light. This is because of the angle the light is emitted plus cell migration which occurs when the light has warmed up. (by the way, the light does not work more effectively after the couple of minute warm up period, it is just that when it is warm, you start to get blood circulation and cell migration and so cells outside of the 3" area of the head of the light start to receive the same benefits as the cells right under the LEDs). So, you can (but do not have to) hold it 1/4 inch away from the targeted area for 1. 2, the new design barely lets any light bleed out from it because the rim is lower and covers the LEDs more than the design that was being sold about 9 months ago. So holding it touching the skin should be sufficient without closing the eye. But they should close the eye if they are having problems. 3rd, they can put a slight tilt on the head of the light so that it is angled away from the eye. This makes it impossible for any light to be directed to the eye. 4th, they can resort to goggles like those used in tanning salons, but this has only been necessary with 3 people in the last 8 years.

Important Note: THEY SHOULD NOT BE HOLDING THE LIGHT OVER THE EYE SOCKET!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no benefit to the eye lid from LED Light therapy that I have ever seen or read about. The skin is too thin. They should only be addressing the wrinkles outside of the eyelids, like under the eye and the crows feet, etc. So that may be the problem they are having, although it won't hurt them.

I hope this helps and I really appreciate you writing me with these questions. We really like to help and make sure that everyone has a great experience with their LightStim

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Excellent Toby, thank you!!! It's great information.

Very impressive customer service considering it's the weekend.

Thanks so much for the update.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
New to this device. I've been using it for a month more or less now, five times a week, I have noticed some difference in sun spot marks but not much more, and as sun is stronger now the sun spot marks are back again. It has only been a month, but I expected major results after what I've read. A bit disappointed, will go on using it as it is comfortable to use, but, what other results should I look out for? And how long for them to show up?
TIA.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
What type of protocol are you using prior to the treatments?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm applying the green tea, letting dry and then using the AALS. Maybe I should use some other cream before the light to speed results?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ATester, just popping in with my .12 cents for what it's worth;

- 1st thought I have is could the hydroquinone cream you use be interacting with either some other topical product, or LED treatments. (I have no idea about that whitening agent, other than it's powerful, and deserves the respect of lots of research when used with *other* things.) Can this be used with 'green tea' without ill effect? I don't know.

- Are you removing the dead skin cells regularly with some form of exfoliation (ie; microfiber cloth?)

I'd say if you are not *seeing* or *feeling* any obvious, positive results after one months time of committed use, than perhaps you are in the small percent of people who do not respond at all to LED treatments. (This is true for vitamin c serum use also, but from what I’ve read on it, nobody seems to know why.)

Because LS has such a good return warranty (90 days), you still have plenty of time to see if another skin cycle will make a difference. If not, just return and get your moolah back.

Everybody is different as we all are well aware of, but something positive should be apparent by now for sure. What about the feel of your skin? Did you feel the difference in softness that so many of us did almost immediately? For me the results were immediate, subtle and cumulative, and had I not really been familiar with the feel of my skin + taken before pictures, I could have easily missed some of the more subtle positives.

And my last thought is that I'm sorry that when so many of us have had those immediate positive signs, we get very excited to share that. Of course not everybody responds that quickly, but those reading reviews justifiably get just as excited. This is why I've said throughout this thread and elsewhere, that those who try it need to know it's "not an overnight miracle", "not a magic wand", "skin preparation is all important" and finally to "have realistic goals".

There are two members who felt the same discouragement that you are feeling a while ago. I have helped them with a few things both privately and also in the thread. Hopefully they will chime in with the things they have found helpful. And for anybody else who isn't having their *expected* result, maybe they will chime in as well and share with you (and all). Most times (that I'm aware of), it's been something very simple that is standing in the way of results. If you can share your entire routine/skincare regime here, maybe something will stand out that could be interfering with the treatments. If not, then at least you still have the option of returning your LED after giving it the ole college try.

Here are the interfering factors that I’m aware of, which could account for a lack of response from LED use (and many other devices as well I’m thinking).

-being dehydrated
-anything occlusive remaining on the skin (silicones, waxes, petrolatum etc.)
-using too many gadgets, too frequently (just as in exercise, that day of rest is all important!)
-doing/using several *new* things at the same time (makes it hard to pinpoint the exact problems)
-treating on top of several layers of dead skin cells (microfiber cloth prior, is gentle and effective for removing these ‘occlusive’ cells)

Anyhoo, that’s my offering for ya, and I hope others will chime in with what has helped (or not) for them down the LED road. All AALS/LED user opinions + feedback are welcomed in this thread. That includes the good, the bad and the downright ugly. All I ask is that it's genuine, so members can truly benefit.

DISCLAIMER: Contrary to what some have tried hard to make others believe, I am not standing by with a big stick to "beat people up" or "chase people off the forum" who don't like LED's... Laughing As I've said repeatedly, it makes no difference to me what anybody uses, loves or hates. I simply started this thread to help people to achieve the same nice results I've experienced, and I've done that for many members no matter what LED they were using. (That goes for my DIY input as well. Take it all or leave it alone, and it doesn't matter to me..)

As always I have no problem answering or sharing thoughts with 'sincere' questions posted by members as I have done throughout the EDS forum (and in private), as my thousands of posts will reflect. On the other hand, I have no problem getting my *Irish* up, when shills, trolls and/or troublemakers chime in with their disingenuous questions or statements, that are designed solely to antagonize, cast doubt, spew hate, be a spammer or shill their own product under disguise. Sorry, but I have no patience for that, and know that many other members feel likewise.

Wishing all a good day, and lovely, luminous skin... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, I think that maybe I'm just a bit slower in responding to the light, as I have had my brown spots lighten to begin with, and the feel of the skin is definitely softer.

Going over what I do, I've realised that I usually exfoliate in the morning, and it is in the evening when I apply the AALS, so maybe I should switch the exfoliation to the evening before the AALS.
It's in the morning when I exfoliate, apply vit. C serum, a moisturizing cream, sun block... and in the evening I wash my face, apply the green tea and then once dry the AALS. Before bed I use an hydroquinone based cream only on the dark spots. Apart from the AALS I use the vaculifter a couple of times a week, and once a week I dermaroll my brow only for product penetration applying a vit. A cream (trying to get rid of two horizontal wrinkles there), my brow usually peels for a couple of days after this.
So, having said all this, I'll start by exfoliation in the evening before the AALS, maybe something as simple as that may make a big difference.
Many thanks for your time and knowledge. Very Happy
gumgirl
5% products discount

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't posted in ages and barely have time to peruse this site (for now.) But, like you I didn't seem to have "any" results at first. I quit using the Lightstim for a while and recently came back to it.

This time around, I definitely notice plumper skin (especially when used over my lips. Like Kassy states, hydration and exfoliation are key. I only use products AFTER, nothing before.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
ATester,
I definitely think you will have better results exfoliating right before using the light. I use the Carole Maggio mitts and the recommendation for their use is twice a day exfoliation so it works just fine for me to use my c after exfoliation in the morning and the exfoliate at night do the tea and then the light. I really don't have but a small brown spot to deal with on my cheek and at this point it is lighter but not gone however I was not using the light for that purpose. What I am seeing is creamy complexion, smooth tone, and plumper tighter skin. Today I sat in a meeting with a friend of mine that is a former model and she said I have to tell you your skin is so smooth and plumped and youthful looking....and she added that she has seen this change of improvement within the last four months....guess what folks Idea ...that is exactly the time span for the use of the lightstim. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
ATester,
I definitely think you will have better results exfoliating right before using the light. I use the Carole Maggio mitts and the recommendation for their use is twice a day exfoliation so it works just fine for me to use my c after exfoliation in the morning and the exfoliate at night do the tea and then the light. I really don't have but a small brown spot to deal with on my cheek and at this point it is lighter but not gone however I was not using the light for that purpose. What I am seeing is creamy complexion, smooth tone, and plumper tighter skin. Today I sat in a meeting with a friend of mine that is a former model and she said I have to tell you your skin is so smooth and plumped and youthful looking....and she added that she has seen this change of improvement within the last four months....guess what folks Idea ...that is exactly the time span for the use of the lightstim. Very Happy

Do you hear that sound? That's me crying ... Waaaa - I want a lightstim...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Do you hear that sound? That's me crying ... Waaaa - I want a lightstim...

Okay girl friend I am going let you cry cause you can still wear that bikini....now when the bikini days are over Tob will let you borrow the light!!! Laughing A girl's gotta to have something going for her!

5% products discount

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I am 43 years old Asian, my main concern is anti-aging, very fine lines starting to be noticed under the eyes, I noticed both cheeks starting to sag a little around the mouth.

It's been about 10 days since I started using all my new AALS and Vacu lifter( only few time as I worried the pulling on the skin may cause loosed skin and eye bag, but I really like red/rejuvenation after effect ), and all my new DIY serums: 15% Vitamin C Serum (3/18/10), Pre_LED Green-tea serum and Kassy's new Nourishing-Cell Stimulating Lotion. I have ordered tones of stuff online by now, oils, powerders, etc etc. I am not sure what I did wrong, I have seen more winkles under my eye since after I used the AALS may be the 3rd day.

I am not sure if I can use Retinol product after or right after the LED treatment or not? I knew I can not use it before the LED.

I used my mom's " Neutrogena agless intensive tone correcting serum" a while ago and seen a very fast smoothing result on the fine line, so I temped to use it more, it has retinol in it.

Well I will give more time and continue use my new AALS for 3 month I guess, I hope I am not a winklely old lady by then.
gumdropday
5% products discount

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
For those that have been using the AALightstim for awhile, how long would you say before we should start seeing noticeable results? My crows feet are driving me crazy. Is it capable of getting rid of them? I just started CP's as well.

I know everyone is different, on average I wonder how long it takes.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
gumdropday wrote:
For those that have been using the AALightstim for awhile, how long would you say before we should start seeing noticeable results? My crows feet are driving me crazy. Is it capable of getting rid of them? I just started CP's as well.

I know everyone is different, on average I wonder how long it takes.

I dont think AALS can noticeably reduce any wrinkles Sad Rather than a little bit of plumping effect I didn't see any other effects from any light therapy machine.
gumdropday
5% products discount

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Early in this thread some people were using CP's before their LED treatment, as this was supposed to speed up things. Is anyone still doing this? Or has everyone switched to green tea pretreatment?

Could you do both?

Thank you!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |