Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

One eye smaller than the other
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have one eye smaller than the other one and it is obvious if you look closely. I think we all have one side different than the other; we are not symmetric. I was told that if the smaller eye obstructs your field of vision it can be fixed paid by by your medical insurance, not for cosmetic purposes. Mine does not fall in that category. Right now, my eyes are in transition...lol. I've just had surgery revision of a lower eye lid surgery gone grown (my eyes drooped) and my oculoplastic surgeon only wanted to fix one eye at a time. One is fixed and it' so much better, I will have the next one done and it is the one that is smaller than the other one, I will address the issue of being smaller next visit; we'll see if he wants to fix it without me paying so much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and/if he wants to fix that problem at all.

You have beautiful eyes, don't worry about it. If you look at pictures of famous people you will see that some of them have similar thing happening.

Things I've tried:
Eyelashes... all kinds. Now, I am growing them with Nutraluxe Lash DM and love the results, but also I've used fake eyelashes sometimes in special events or for pictures.
When I was younger: eyeshadow techniques with eyeliner. Now I am a bit old for that and prefer not to use so much make up on my eye area as it makes me look older, it all depends. When I am bored I play a lot with my make up gear and try different techniques though...lol.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same "problem" too.
One eye noticeable smaller than the other Rolling Eyes
People arealways pointing it out too.

I've actually had surgery twice on the same eyelid and both times eventually the eye had "muscle memory" and went back to how it was before after 1+ year.

The doctor I saw was very good and was actually the surgeon of the NHL team the Ottawa Senators.

The doctor was also very nice and managed to get my surgery covered under the provincial health insurance here.

Or else it would have cost at least $3-5,000 that I do not easily have.

Not sure if I will go for another surgery or when I will reconsider that.
I think I've had enough surgeries for now. Had a arm surgery 6 weeks ago and still tryingt o get the use ofmy arm back
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
My thoughts are eye exercises (Facial Exercise). Claudia from FE may be able to give some suggestions. She is on the forum.
There are exercises designed to "open up" the eyes so if you focus on the smaller one you may get some change and balance.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy
What shape are your eyes? That would determin what you should do with make up. If the crease that is deeper in one eye is the main problem, take an eyeshadow that is darker than your skin colour but works with your skin tone and apply it to the one with less of a crease in the crease area only. Then blend really well. Tromp l'oeil effects work really well in the eye area. If the actual outline of the eye is also smaller, line the upper lid of the larger one very close to the lash line, but the smaller one just a bit out from the last line, then blend. Extra mascara on the outer eye lashes can elongate that eye and a curler can open it up. Try a light colour on the lid - a very natural one - and it will make that eye seem wider. Focus on the very center of the lid then blend.
I had to play around with my application too, because my eyes turn down at the outer corners,and one is differently shaped.
Hope this makes some sense!
And truly, I figure you are the only one who notices the difference. Everyone else probably thinks you are lovely!
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
Dont'be never,everyone has this question.
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I have round eyes. The problem is, its only in photographs or in the sun. It sucks.

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
If you look at a lot of Celebs like Paris Hilton esp, here eyes are not even looking.
She always seems to have her head tilted in all her pics for everything.

If you look at a lot of Celeb pics of them caught of guard, a lot of them do not look so great.
bombshellbella
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:33 am      Reply with quote
^^so true, Paris definately has the eye thing I am talking about.

http://www.celebitchy.com/2695/the_reason_for_paris_lazy_eye_revealed/

33 yrs old - female - light brown hair with high lights - green eyes - medium/light skin tone yellow undertones : ROUTINE : (AM) Cold Water (PM) Facial Massage , OCM (1-2x Weekly) Home Facial (Monthly) Pro Facial ---- Things I am thinking about: Dermaroller, Facial Exercises, DIY Creams...JUST BOUGHT BABY Q POWER PACK -- Can't wait!
eyebright
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
bombshellbella wrote:
This is my eye, it looks normal when you look at me or if I look in the mirror, but this is how it looks in photos...

is there anything I can do?

The photo is lopsided! Your eyes should switch sides! I'll try to explain...

Your left side is leaning downward into your arm. That eye should appear smaller, squished, yet it is all bright and alert.

Maybe when having photos taken of yourself, tilt your face to the right side. That way your smaller eye may appear smaller because it is lower. Another option would be to squint your left eye to match the other eye.

If I saw this photo not knowing the purpose why you posted it, I'd think the photographer caught you in a mid wink.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:53 am      Reply with quote
eyebright wrote:
bombshellbella wrote:
This is my eye, it looks normal when you look at me or if I look in the mirror, but this is how it looks in photos...

is there anything I can do?

The photo is lopsided! Your eyes should switch sides! I'll try to explain...

Your left side is leaning downward into your arm. That eye should appear smaller, squished, yet it is all bright and alert.

Maybe when having photos taken of yourself, tilt your face to the right side. That way your smaller eye may appear smaller because it is lower. Another option would be to squint your left eye to match the other eye.

If I saw this photo not knowing the purpose why you posted it, I'd think the photographer caught you in a mid wink.

I find for photos the only time they ever look ok it is if try and look like I am opening my eyes a lot or look upwards before a pic is taken.

Also, for me I do not like to smile in pics with my mouth open...I am not yet happy with my teeth.
I just had the chips in my front teeth fixed..again this week Sad
but still not happy with the shape of my teeth or the shade (I ruined my tooth enamel years ago, reg whitening will not work on me-or at least have been warned by a harvard trained dental surgeon (family friend) that I should NOT use any bleaching things...

So will probably get bonding once I finish by getting invisalign Rolling Eyes
but that is not for a long time, as I have not started yet...
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |