Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Dermalogica Pre-cleanse
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
pinkpony
5% products discount

Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:22 am      Reply with quote
I would love to try this product but its not available in trial size or even sample!
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I love it for removing sunscreen,I dont find I need another cleanser afterwards,this removes it completely.
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I used it before but I don't like it. The liquid leaked out from the lid of the bottle when I was travelling although it was tightly screwed. I also feel this pre-cleanser is not as effective as kose cleanser oil.
avogrape
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I always found that the cleansing oils leave my skin soft and smooth, I have oily skin. That is only after I find a way to remove it all. I now tend to use a soft cloth and warm water to take all the cleasning oils off. I have used:

Lush Babyface
Lush Ultra Bland
Dermalogica Pre Cleanse
SK-II Facial Cleansing Oil
Shu Uemura High Performance CLeansing Oil

My favourite is SK-II out of all the oils I have used.
laylastam
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:50 am      Reply with quote
this is a great make-up remover...and it has lasted me ages!!!
peachy3001
5% products discount

Fri May 14, 2010 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Precleanse! It feels so good using it before my cleanser!
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Holy mole! I swear by this stuff. I have very dry skin and a tendency to break out. Yeah, my skin is crazy. But this and my clarisonic have totally regulated my skin. I really think that having truly "CLEAN" skin before our serums and potions allows for optimal product penetration.

I love this product and is the best PreCleanse that i have found on the market. I will be sticking with this brand of precleanse for sure!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 20, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Holy mole! I swear by this stuff. I have very dry skin and a tendency to break out. Yeah, my skin is crazy. But this and my clarisonic have totally regulated my skin. I really think that having truly "CLEAN" skin before our serums and potions allows for optimal product penetration.

I love this product and is the best PreCleanse that i have found on the market. I will be sticking with this brand of precleanse for sure!

5% products discount

Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I work on Capitol Hill now and wear a lot more make-up then I did in the past so I am finding I now need a product like this. Is everyone still having success? I can't wait to try it.
Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I am still using it and love it alot. I use the Dermalogica theory of the double cleanse where you use this dry then throw your hands under water and do another pass for the thin milky consistency. I then move onto my cleanser, toner, moisturizer and SPF. Layering your products is the best way to apply onto your skin for optimal product effectiveness!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
pinkpony wrote:
I would love to try this product but its not available in trial size or even sample!

This is not true! I have given out trial packs all the time at the spa. My clients (the ones that know that I love this stuff) acts like it is crack when I have a fresh stock. They love to travel with them because one packet will last at least 3 times. Just keep it upright because it is an oil base and will leak easily. Once you open you have to use it or just throw away what is not used before traveling. It will get all over!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
I used it before but I don't like it. Rolling Eyes
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:29 am      Reply with quote
I love this. EDS is so bad for my credit card, after reading the reviews, I ran out and bought some, and was hoping for a miracle and my God did it deliver it. I've got very dry flaky skin, but this feels so nice and soft, and I massage it in, then wet my hands and massage again and its so soft and gentle and really does a great job of cleaning without overstripping. Your supposed to follow with a cleanser, but I skip that part and just rinse my face, and my skin feels great afterwards!
mystery_of_me

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm pretty new to the game when it comes to cleansing oils. I've only tried a couple of brands: DHC and Garden of Wisdom. I REALLY love PreCleanse, for its emulsifying when you wash it off. The other cleansers I've tried simply feel like I'm mixing oil and water, and I don't feel like it's completely off.

I finished my sample I received from a recent Face Mapping, and just today got my first bottle of PreCleanse. Great idea to bring samples of PreCleanse when you travel, instead of the whole bottle!
Kasia1502

Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely love pre-cleanser. It really removes all the make up and is very delicate on skin. Even tho i have an oily skin it works perfectly for me
CaryBear
5% products discount

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:40 am      Reply with quote
lbianca wrote:
Is it "safe" for oily skin?

Look. I used this for 5 days, and I had the worst breakout in years. It contains alot of harsh irritating things~like Citral for one...they put it in household cleaners~I would not recommend this to anyone with oily skin. NO dont.
POPO
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
pre-cleanser? never tried this before. maybe i will put this into my shoplist.
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great review!! I got sensitive skin too!! Actually I have a sample of te pre-cleanser at home but never tried it. I think I now have the incentive to try it now:)
knathani
5% products discount

Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Anybody know how this works for guys? I notice a lot of girls saying how this is a good make-up remover but I'm wondering if men can/should use it. I am around smoke a lot at work and other environmental pollutants that are bad on my skin, just interested in keeping it healthy and nice looking Smile
Katy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:05 am      Reply with quote
knathani wrote:
Anybody know how this works for guys? I notice a lot of girls saying how this is a good make-up remover but I'm wondering if men can/should use it. I am around smoke a lot at work and other environmental pollutants that are bad on my skin, just interested in keeping it healthy and nice looking Smile

Hi knathani,

I think this product do work for guys too cos it seems suitable for all type of skin. Just try it if you need it:)
vivier20

Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer Shu Uemura's cleansing oil to the Dermalogica. It seems to rinse off with less emulsifying work and my skin was softer. Sorry!
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
I love this product, have repurchased dozens of times. I use it with my vaculifter, and its perfect for that because it rinses clean, never gunks up the bulb. I have dry yet acne prone skin and it makes it look actually hydrated, which is a miracle in itself. I do not find myself needing another cleanser afterwards... I alternate this and NCN's rhassoul soap.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:11 am      Reply with quote
pinkpony wrote:

Go to a spa or store that carries Derm, they have lots of samples of all their products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to give this product another shout-out, as its always been one of my favorites. However, it got an amazing test last week that I thought I'd mention. Most cleansers can handle daily gunk on our faces, but what if we have something more than that? My boyfriend and I are rehabbing a house in our spare time, and we tore up a bathroom. There is hundred year old carbon paper stuck between the walls between layers, and it was EVERYWHERE. Our faces had smudges of it in the creases of our noses, chins, etc, that no amount of soap could get out. I watched my boyfriend at the sink resort to dish soap, super strong, and scrub the heck out of his face, to no avail. Put a couple drops of Precleanse on his hands, rubbed lightly into face, and it dissolved everything. It was absolutely amazing. No scrubbing or anything. I'm ordering another bottle right now, this will be the fifth time I've repurchased (a huge feat for me.).

5% products discount

Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I love using this precleanser for my oily skin! It is also great for removing excess wax from my skin that didn't stick to the waxing papers (and works much better than using Wax-Off). I also love the way the precleanser smells. Good stuff!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |