Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: BIOELEMENTS quick refiner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I just got the "BIOELEMENTS quick refiner" after winning $50 on the forum Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy and after using it for a few days, I must say that I'm amazed!

I usually stick to all organic stuff, but I wanted something natural that really made a diference on the skin texture...I took a risk and tried this product.

Wow, my skin has actually never looked better...I think it's a combo of the other natural and organic products I use, but this Quick Refiner really gave my skin a boost! My pores are smaller, texture more smooth and better overall "glow".

I've read no other reviews on this product, so if anyone wants to back me up, or let me know of other excellent bioelements products...here's the post Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Bioelements Quick Refiner (1 oz)
Bioelements Quick Refiner (1 oz)

Targets pores, dullness and lines as it brightens the entire complexion. This facial exfoliator is formulated with powerful beta and alpha hydroxy acids including glycolic and multi-fruit acids. Bioelements exclusive blend of multi-fruit acids, Alphablend, is a total percentage 5%. You'll see results in as little as one day.

rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Now I really wish I hadn't read this, now I want some!!!!! It looks very enticing, let me know how you go on Very Happy

Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Wow - sounds great! To be honest I never really took much notice of the Bioelements line, despite reading somewhere that some celebrity (can't remember) loves this Rolling Eyes Laughing

I just had a look at the refiner - holly mackarel! It's got five different exfoliating acids in it. I've heard of the first two obviously but no idea about the rest:
Glycolic Acid (exfoliant)
Salicylic Acid (exfoliant)
Citric Acid (exfoliant)
Malic Acid (exfoliant)
Tartaric Acid (exfoliant)

I wonder what the concentration is.... Did you find it drying at all?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Not drying at all...it's just great! It's a gel-like consistensy, so weather my skin is oily or dry (I have combo skin) it's given me great results...

Now I'm tempted to try more bioelement products...although the angel on my one shoulder still is trying to find the perfect all organic cream...

Has anyone tried any other products? The masks sounds awsome... Very Happy
missykiehls
5% products discount

Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:57 am      Reply with quote
Wow... now I want to try BioElements for myself.

The BioElements Decongestant Cleanser seems to work like a Dr H CC (as a decongestant without the pressing and rolling motion) and the BioElements Measured Micrograins works a little like the Dermologica Daily Microfoliant, no?

I wonder where its manufactured - alot of its ingredients like 'ginseng', 'dong quai' are very typical chinese medicinal products, not to mention the blend of essential oils/waters, which are very aromatherapy based. Very intriguing product line.
Mabsy

Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:11 am      Reply with quote
happyhippie wrote:
Has anyone tried any other products? The masks sounds awsome... Very Happy

I just looked up reviews on MUA and it seems that the Decongestant Cleanser For Combination to Oily Skin gets rather glowing reviews (particularly from acne-prone people)! The refiner also gets v.good reviews. Their restorative clay mask also sounds good! Yikes! I wasn't planning on this - I have long ignored this line (for no particular reason - just didn't 'inspire me'... unitil now!).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Why oh why do I insist on coming to the Product Reviews Forum???????

This sounds way to nice to pass up.

Dagnammit, I have a feeling I'm going to order it. How convenient that I get paid tomorrow.

Maria Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:41 am      Reply with quote
OK, after using it for a few weeks now, I must say I'm hooked! This is one of those products that from now and on is a stable in my skin-care (and there are not many stable products since I love trying new stuff Wink )

I've been using it in the morning, and sometimes layer with a C-serum (cellex-c or my sample of JB C&C, which seams to last forever Very Happy ).

At night I use it first, then put on my Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel and Eye gel... I wake up flawless with baby-soft skin!!!

Let me and the others know what you think if you end up ordering it... don't want to be the only one making you all order it up Very Happy
happyhippie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I just have to rave for this product some more...it's soooo amazing!

I took the one week break they recommended after using it for four weeks, and today started using it again...wow...my skin instantly looked clearer, pores are smaller and my texture is soooooo smooooth!

This is one of the few products I've tried that I will keep as a staple in my skin-care regime and actually re-order...this is my secret weapon! (prevents my skin from breaking out too!)

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I was interested in trying this product and found the full ingredient list at SkyWest.com. Is SD Alcohol one of the bad types of alcohol? Does anyone know the percentages of all of the acids? Thanks Smile

Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol 40, Glycolic Acid, Citric Acid, Salicylic Acid, Aminoethyl Propanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Malic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Panax Ginseng Extract, Hydrocotyl Asiatica Extract, Rhus Glabra Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Extract, Dong Quai Extract, Propylene Glycol & Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I found this about SD Alcohol:
" You may see the abbreviation SD Alcohol (which stands for "specially denatured alcohol")"

And on another website women were looking to buy it wholesale because of it's skin-toning effects...

So I don't think it's harmful, but it's always a good idea to do research about the ingredients.

I find this product really pore-refining, my skin is so clear, smooth and tight after using it. I love that the bottle is 3oz and you need so little of it (it has a gel-like/serum consistency).

Very Happy
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Happyhippie, do you still use this product? Does it still work the same way for you?

I'm looking for a product that can give my skin a boost, and your review of this product is wonderful.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
The only thing from bioelements I have used is their sunscreen. Waaaaaay to greasy for me.

I was kind of wondering about SD alcohol. Its in the juvena juvedical face serum. Is that the alcohol denat stuff, like in hair spray?
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
happyhippie wrote:
I found this about SD Alcohol:
" You may see the abbreviation SD Alcohol (which stands for "specially denatured alcohol")"

And on another website women were looking to buy it wholesale because of it's skin-toning effects...

Very Happy
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
It is pretty mild but also works effectively.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I bought a full size of this ages ago and didn't like it that much. It seemed a bit tacky on my skin, even though I didn't apply too much of the product and I just didn't see any noticeable results from using it.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this for the past few months and love the results.

I definitely notice that my skin is smoother and more clear.

It IS a bit tacky on the skin, but I apply moisturizer over it and it seems to be fine.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I bought a full size of this ages ago and didn't like it that much. It seemed a bit tacky on my skin, even though I didn't apply too much of the product and I just didn't see any noticeable results from using it.

I don't like tacky feeling,too.Thnaks for your information. Neutral
maliktai
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your review of this product. I bought this after abandoning La Prairie's Booster - mostly because of the price. I did not have any success with this product. Actually, it felt somewhat drying. Right now, I am using Murad's Night Reform which I really like and my skin loves. Again, thank you for sharing. We all benefit from feedback.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to dig up this thread Embarassed but I'm interested in two of Bioelements products (this refiner and the amino mask) and wanted to know if there's any more review/updates regarding this product?

Thanks

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |