Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: Osmotics Lipoduction OMGGGGG !!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I should preface my review of this product by saying that I've been EXTREMELY skeptical of any and all anti-cellulite treatments and even more skeptical of creams that promise to slim as well as firm.

It's also important to mention that although I do have some cellulite (which my boyfriend insists only I can see). I exercise obsessively, more to burn off excess energy and as a stress reducer than for the sake of vanity. I'm not skinny but I don't have alot of excess fat.

One of the trainers at the gym where I work out was testing a bunch of these products for a local magazine and he asked me if I'd participate. He warned me in advance that all these products showed MUCH greater results with people who had more excess fat than I did and that it was one of the reasons he wanted to include me in his very unscientific study. Since the one place on my entire body that I do have more fat than I'm happy with is my thighs, and since I have cellulite concerns, I figured I'd give it a whirl.

He was testing a bunch of products. I was one of his guinea pigs for Osmotics Lipoduction. The instructions recommend use twice per day. I am usually way too tired at night to start massaging cream onto my butt and thighs, so I only used it once per day, in the morning after showering. It really is more of a gel than a cream and is kind of a dark flesh color. The smell is vaguely reminiscent of Strivectin, but only when you first squeeze it into your hands. The smell disappears quickly. The consistency is pleasant, it is absorbed into the skin very quickly, and is particularly enjoyable to use in this hot weather. I found it very refreshing.

I'm not sure how much it has really done for the cellulite - it definitely does make my skin more supple and resilient. But, in this regard, while somewhat effective, it's also nothing to drop dead over.

I've been using it for a day short of five weeks now and today is the first time that we've taken measurements (forgot to mention that he took careful measurements before I started using the stuff). I almost fainted when I saw the results!!! I lost a full inch around my hips and a little more than 1/2 inch around my thighs!!!!!!! Right now, I only know the results from one of the other women testing this particular product. She's been using it twice a day for 6 weeks and has lost about an inch from her waist, an inch and a quarter from her hips, and a full inch around her thighs. She's about 5 inches shorter than I am (I'm 5'9"), with more body fat.

I have to say I'm amazed. I NEVER would have believed such dramatic results had the body not been my own.

This stuff isn't cheap. It retails for about $175 a tube, although I understand it is frequently sold on ebay for about $100 - still steep. I'm not sure how long a tube lasts either. I think it depends on whether you use it once or twice a day and also, obviously, on how many areas you're applying it to. A tube lasted me around 4 weeks and I used it on my hips, butt, and thighs (front and back).

One of the perks of being a tester is that I get a free 6 month supply, so I'll definitely stick with it. My hope is that, since I was a tester, that I can snag a discount when my freebie supply is used up, cause I REALLY love this stuff.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Osmotics Lipoduction Body Perfecting Complex (6.8oz / 200ml)
Osmotics Lipoduction Body Perfecting Complex (6.8oz / 200ml)

Extensive research has lead to the discovery of several natural and safe ingredients, clinically proven to increase metabolism, break down fat and reduce the appearance of cellulite. Most cellulite products are not effective because the beneficial ingredients never penetrate the skin's lipid barrier.

lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
When you stop using the product do the inches come back?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know but if I had to venture a guess I'd say yes.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Wow that's alot said for a cream!!! I have to ask Katee, do you think your inches lost could be from your exercise routine or purely from the cellulite cream??

Also what are the main ingredients??

Thanks!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:10 am      Reply with quote
The inches lost are most definitely not from my exercise routine. My overall routine has been the same for over a year. It's undoubtedly one of the reasons why my overall body fat isn't higher cause I eat enough to feed a family of four....laughing.

Ingredients: Water, Alcohol, Butelene Glycol, PEG-8, Bupleurum Falcatum (extract), Caffeine, Coenzyme A, Propylene Glycol, Soy Phospholipid, Triethanolamine, Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Sodium Bensoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C-10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Spearmint (Mentha Viridis) Oil.

I'll post a description of it from DermDoctor too....
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Osmotics has developed the ultimate solution for cellulite and slimming. This patented formula combines clinically proven ingredients with the most advanced delivery technology available to target cellulite at its source.

As we age, collagen and elastin bundles break down, weakening the dermis. We are all familiar with what the end result is upon our face... wrinkles. But on the legs and buttocks, in response to this loss of dermal elasticity, the fat can become displaced upwards into the lower dermis. Fibrous bands that are supposed to tether the skin down start to trap this displaced fat creating the lumpy bumpy appearance of cellulite. Think of a quilted mattress (the fat) with the buttons as the tether points (the fibrous bands) and you quicky get the idea.

Lipoduction helps firm the skin and target unwanted pockets of fatty tissue.

Lipoduction contains high levels of pure grapeseed extract, an antioxidant proven to strengthen the capillary system and help prevent breakdown of the collagen matrix. This action promotes a smoother, firmer, more toned appearance.

Long used in India and parts of Asia, Coleus Forskohlii root extract, a member of the mint family, has long used in India and parts of Asia to break down fat.

Caffeine helps reduce skin puffiness, aiding in improving the appearance of unwanted cellulite.

Utilizing a delivery system comprised of nanospheres (ethosomes), Osmotics uses nanotechnology to deliver up to 700% more of these effective agents than other cellulite products on the market, directly to their intended targets.

Independently clinically tested in two double blind studies.

Lipoduction is the ultimate solution

Contains a powerful combination of ingredients to increase metabolism and break down fat.
Features the patented Nano Technology delivery system
Visibly firms the hips, waist, thighs and other problem areas
May reduce the appearance of cellulite by as much as 60-80% within sixty days.
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting Katee! Smile

I have always wondered about these type of creams that make claims of "diminishing" cellulite. Gosh some are SOO expensive! Mad Although I am thin, I have "gained" the ugly cottage cheese look on my thighs as I've gotten older. In fact my skin is now starting to sag on my legs (too me anyways) Mad .

Currently I'm trying a new cream by Dove to help lessen my cottage cheese look. Rolling Eyes Here again I don't get overly excited because I don't expect a miracle! Might help if I got off my lazy butt and actually worked out!!

Keep us posted Katee, I certainly will add this too my "list of items to possibly try". I hope the effects continue to be positive for you. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Katee for the review!!

It sounds like such a good product, the fact that it even had ANY results!

I always thought cellulite reduction creams were gimmicks, and were more 'skin tightening' than anything, but from seeing that you have even lost inches is WOW.!!

Too bad the downfall is always the price... It would be hard to maintain that for a long time, and what if when you stopped the cellulite came back worse or something (not wishing it would)??
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
So katee, is your cellulite gone or are your thighs just slimmer?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:31 am      Reply with quote
The slimming effect is definitely more dramatic than the cellulite reduction, but the reduction is definitely noticeable. I didn't have much cellulite to start with though. One of the other women who is testing it had a terrible cellulite problem, and it was awful cause she's really slender. In her case, the cellulite hasn't disappeared but the reduction is pretty dramatic.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:46 am      Reply with quote
The ingredients in these products mainly cause a diuretic effect so they only work as long as you are using them. You can get much cheaper products with essentially them same ingredients
(for example Biotica Slimming gel for around $24, but there are many others, this is one I've used and if you compare ingrdients I think the Biotica is better).

For your arm flaps it's better to use resistance exercises and a DMAE/Lipoic acid/vit C cream.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I think Sharky is quite right in saying that you have to continue use in order to maintain the results.

My understanding is that the reason the Osmotics Lipoduction is as effective as it is has to do with certain advances that they've made in terms of the delivery of those ingredients.

I know that I've used other products and, while I like the effect that they had on my skin - i.e. they made my skin feel great and increased the suppleness, etc. - the overall effect was nothing close to this stuff.

Although the results ARE impressive, the stuff is very costly. But then, so is liposuction... I could live without this stuff, but I'm fortunate in that, because of a combination of simple genetics and lots of exercise, I wasn't anywhere near desperate. However, I know alot of women in their early forties who are VERY fit, watch what they eat, slather themselves with creams and lotions, and still have to deal with resistant pockets of fat and/or cellulite.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Most of the products have liposomal delivery systems. You can further increase penetration by treating the skin with a glycolic acid prep and/or an emulsion of ethanol/grapeseed oil (very inexpensive). Researchers at Technion have shown this works about half as well as the best liposomal delivery systems.
havana8

Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
EDS stocks this now and the good news is that it looks as if it has come down considerably in price over the last few years....

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/osmotics-lipoduction-body-p_8641.htm

Anyone used it recently? Wink
marmys
5% products discount

Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Wow, those initial results sounded pretty amazing. Keen to see if anyone else has had success with this product.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |