Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Suki Cleanser & Serum – no thanks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
kaloee
5% products discount

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
About a year and half ago I decided to switch to Organic skincare products. I have extremely sensitive combination acne-prone skin. Over the years I’ve used many high-end and drugstore skincare brands but they either irritate my skin or I’d experience breakouts. Since discovering Suki a year and half ago, I have been a loyal customer. Their products never irritate my skin. I’ve used several products from Suki (Balancing Toner, Balancing Day Lotion, Nourishing Facial Moisture, and Intensive Brightening Cream). My favourites are the Balancing Toner and Nourishing Facial Moisture.

The Balancing Toner is indeed very concentrated, I spray 3 pumps into a cotton pad and apply all over my face, it’s the best toner I’ve ever used. It refreshes and calms my skin. I’ve used up 3 bottles since starting a year and half ago. Recently I bought the R&R Toner from PSF thinking that it may be better than Suki’s Balancing Toner (PSF is cheaper and the first ingredient is Aloe Vera Juice as opposed to rose water being the first ingredient in Suki). Big mistake... PSF’s R&R Toner was a lot less moisturizing than Suki’s despite having Aloe Vera Juice as the first ingredient, and it doesn’t calm my skin as well. I’m definitely going back to Suki’s Balancing Toner.

I love the Nourishing Facial Moisture for Winter months when my skin is dry. It’s very moisturizing and absorbs nicely into my skin. It takes a while to absorb so I only use it at night. To help it absorb better, I sometimes spray the Balancing Toner directly to my face and massage the Nourishing Facial Moisture on my skin. This is definitely a staple for me for Fall/Winter months.

The other two products, Balancing Day Lotion and Intensive Brightening Cream, I will not repurchase. I’ve used two bottles of the Balancing Day Lotion while at first it was a light moisturizer for day time, recently I find it to be a bit tacky on my skin. Perhaps it’s because of summer and my skin is more oily.. regardless, I plan to use more potent antioxidant products and so will not repurchase this. As for the Intensive Brightening Cream, I only used one bottle and did not repurchase. It has a tacky finish, and I didn’t experience any noticeable change in my skin. I preferred using the Nourishing Facial Moisture at night.

Overall, Suki’s products are ideal for my extremely sensitive skin.
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:43 am      Reply with quote
I had wanted to try Suki for the longest time but the price is a bit off-putting, considering it's not a big-name brand plus many such organic/natural products usually are of poor quality.

That said, I have been lemming after Aesop too but to shell out that much for something that might be bleh just doesn't appeal to me. And they never have discounts Sad
whskdgs
5% products discount

Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:53 am      Reply with quote
Feliz wrote:
I just tried using the exfoliating cleanser, white willow toner and purifying serum from Suki.

The exfoliating cleanser bascially irritated my skin (I was not rubbing it in to my skin), clogged my pores, and made my overall skin condition red, aggravated and small bumps form.

The toner was okay, but nothing to write home about, and the purifying serum, which is 15ml for $90 was WAY TOO MUCH MONEY FOR WHAT YOU GET. I purchased this serum because it sounded to good, but all it did was totally dry my skin up, further aggravate it, and my skin was so tight, flaking, and unsightly that I only use the product to spot treat. I have been using Is Clinical for years on and off to keep my skin clear, and it works, leaving my complexion clear, soft, luminous and attractive. I tried the suki in hopes to use more organic products. I just re-ordered some IS Clinical cleansing complex, and super serum - thus to get my complexion back!!!

i thought of trying the exfoliating cleanser. but luckily i had a look at your review. now i don't think i m gonna buy it.
thanks for your sharing!
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:24 am      Reply with quote
I'm not that big on the serum, but like to use the cleanser in conjunction with my Olay Cleansing Brush and it works very well to remove the dead skin cells, but will give it a go without the brush tonight and see what the results are like.

Will post results tomorrow.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
pockyupnose

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:51 am      Reply with quote
I had great results using their pure moisture balancing oil, their lip treatment lipstick, and their sugar scrub .

Im really into their product. When they say a little goes a long way, they mean it. 1 to 2 drops of the balancing oil can last me almost 2 months.

The oil gives me a glow and moisturizes me very well. The scrub exfoliates well and doesnt try. The lipstick is very matte textured and sticks on for a long time.

Ive ordered the purifying serum and healthy aging serum. I can post results when I try them.

I hope you give this brand another try. It works wonders for me
SweetCreamRabbit
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for the impending rant, my bias is that I don't like* 'natural' skin care and had bought the Clarifying Kit on a whim ('ooh shiny new thing on sale! so much buy!' Rolling Eyes )

*The reason I don't is because I don't beleive there's such a thing as natural when it comes to skin care and secondly, that these so-called natural skin care lines have a WHOLE LOT OF IRRITANTS and fragrant essential oils that are PROVEN to cause radical damage.

I don't know what you're supposedly paying for since according to the ingredient list it's a bunch of oils tied together loosely by fragrance. What clinical trials would prove the efficacy of these when compared to tried and true 'unnatural' cosmeceuticals?

To proclaim that a product is 'guaranteed not to cause irritation' and adding things like orange essential oil (which seems to be laced through every product in this kit) is as rational as selling non-addictive meth!

The mask has some sort of clay (I'm assuming bentonite) so it does what bentonite clay would do. Why not use kitty litter or pure clay with some water without paying big $$$ for some guaranteed irritation?

The cleanser also seems to have the same sort of clay but it felt about as moisturizing as washing my face with bar soap. That squeaky-clean feeling would seem like a plus for your average oily-faced person but it's not. I've battled with acne for 8 years (and have won! so hmph!) and I know that tingling, scrubbing, tightening and reddening are signs of irritation (and that you should run the other way!).

The oil gave my face a slight rosey-cheeked look. It looked good, granted, but I know it a sure sign of irritation. (Not to mention the oil sat on my face and wouldn't absorb and broke me out the next day.)

The scrub. Oh my. It's a sugar scrub with some essential orange oils and not much else. You can make it at home for less than $1 (only it won't foam and frost like this one) --not that you should because undissolved sugar grains are rough and scratchy and will leave your skin raw and red (if you're sensitive like me) or do nothing at all (if you're lucky). [A better alternative is Burt's Bees orange-y scrub. It's more like a fine paste, though it still has some orange oil in it. Just not as much.]

So yeah. If you want to go the natural route, it's a good opportunity to DIY with some simple ingredients like clays, bio-identical oils, non-fragrant oils, rose water, and the like. Though, the best and most natural thing you can do is probably nothing. It's as nature intended and if you have forgiving skin then it can exfoliate itself without problems. Repeatedly using essential oils and alcohol on your skin will ruin it (I'm a cautionary tale). Save your money.

-Rabbit.
chenhui
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
I just tried using the exfoliating cleanser,very good.
and suki body products are all good.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Love the exfoliating cleanser, I guess everyone is different. For me it is the best scrub that I have every used and it last quite awhile. Great value.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
There are pro and con comments on Suki. For me, I tried sample of exfoliating cleanser recently and and I love it. It is crystal like and then melt with minor lather and rinse off easily. It left my skin feeling soft. I like it and now coming back to get full size.
bigsmilebigdreams
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 04, 2017 5:46 am      Reply with quote
I think suki products are good they are expensive because the raw ingredients coast is expensive it not handmade and sold in glass containers. Most well-known brands are made in mass quantity in china and sold in cheap but beautiful plastic containers. Plastic is bad! Maybe you got an allergic reaction to some of her ingredients.I tried and use Suki toner and cream and was ok for me.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |