Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Tips for less hair breakage and more growth?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Kat ~<3
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:09 am      Reply with quote
keziah wrote:
this might be helpful :

... Never brush wet hair. This will guarantee breakage. Use a good pick or your fingers to untangles your hair as you dry it. Hair should be at least 90-95% dry before brushing it.

This is so TRUE. I've tested this idea and it works for sure. I began blow drying my hair because it doesn't dry over night because of the humidity. I am currently deployed in Iraq and am a member of the ARMY so i have to wear my hair up everyday! Needless to say a lot of damage is done. Anything to minimize this is taken seriously on my behalf. I've noticed my hair has much less breakage now that I don't comb through it wet or put it up while wet anymore. Trust me it's worth the shot anyhow. But really you'll see for yourself. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Dear Kat <3
It must be a real challenge over there!! WoW! Can you get CARE pkgs? Can we send you anything??? Sephora has F&F sale going on til 11/10 if you need stuff! Code is FF2008. Good luck and hope you're home soon!!!

PS. what works for me is MSM/VitC supplements, Bio-Sil and biotin supplements. Hair and nails grow like crazy!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
On a forum I go on sometimes, they've recently been talking about rinsing their hair with catnip infusions. They report that their hair is much, much stronger and much less prone to break when they do this.

You can buy catnip at ANY pet store, so your bound to find some near you.
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thought you'd like this Smile

It's on the Secrets of Beautiful Hair thread on page three.

Fox wrote:
One "fancy vinegar hair rinse" you can easily make is a catnip hair rinse. Yeah - that catnip - the same catnip that drives cats wild.
You'll hear herbalists talk about catnip a lot for its ability to calm people down (especially children), help them to go to sleep and its ability to ease tension headaches.

Yesterday though was the first time I'd ever heard of it being used for hair care.

Quote:

It did take a while for me to get to where I am now - my hair is softer, shinier and most importantly for me - my ends no longer taper between trims.

I still get some breakage - catnip is not a miracle - but I have less breakage than I have ever had before.

I hope this person takes it as a compliment that I'm quoting them here Think It's not something I'd usually do (quoting someone from another forum) but I found this really intriguing.

The recipe

Take 1 teaspoon of dry catnip (you only need a tiny bit) and pour over roughly 250ml to 300ml of boiling water. If you're making the tea in a bowl you need to cover the bowl with a plate. If you're making it in a tea pot simply put the lid on. Let it sit for 30 minutes and strain out the catnip. Let it cool.

Fox's quick method

Add your vinegar to the water (one tea or table spoon per cup of infusion, depending on how hard or soft the water is where you live). Make sure you transfer the infusion to a container that lets you easily pour it over your hair.

Wash your hair as usual (just washing it with conditioner will do) and rinse your hair out with plain water before rinsing out again with the catnip and vinegar. The catnip and vinegar should be your final rinse.
Squeeze your hair and put it up in a towel. Make sure you have at least some catnip left on your hair. Let it dry naturally or blow dry half an hour later.

The longer method

Okay, this is the same person on the forum as before explaining how she uses the catnip recipe:

Quote:
I apply small amounts - poured into my hand and applied contiuously to the back, sides and top underside plus the length - pin it up and bag it for 1/2 and hour.

I then take it down, and apply catnip to the front sides, top, and top back, leaving the length down and rebag it, leaving the length out of the bag - another 1/2 hour.

I then remove the bag - apply some more to my greyer areas, let it cool down and rinse.

Note: if you have cats, keep the dry catnip away from them. Once it's been made into a tea and washed through your hair, they won't mind it at all. They won't want to roll around on your head or anything Laughing

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30971&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=50
annachan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
catnip? Wow thats great! my cats may not want to share their catnip though!Laughing
I have powdered shredded and then the sticks...so its the same? a small amount then boiling water over and let sit?
anyone tried ojon? i have head it (their advertising though) increases the diameter of each hair?!
sounds like catnip does the same?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:56 am      Reply with quote
For those who take supplements for hair growth, do they make your hair grow just on a sculp , or all over ur body as well ?? Embarassed

I'm taking Silicea gel and have noticed my hair starts growing faster in the places I want them the least Shock
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I heard washing hair with beer is useful for preventing hair loss.
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
CleanSkin wrote:
annachan wrote:
has anyone noticed that you lose more hair in autumn /winter?

Definitely notice this and am currently looking for a good hair loss prevention shampoo or treatment.

Try a garlic shampoo/conditioner....also a garlic supplement.
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
For those who take supplements for hair growth, do they make your hair grow just on a sculp , or all over ur body as well ?? Embarassed

I'm taking Silicea gel and have noticed my hair starts growing faster in the places I want them the least Shock

I think this is normal....when I take supplements, especially biotin or silica my hair grows faster (everywhere). I have to shave everyday and it is horrible but I am trying to grow my hair out!
allyssa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
daydreamingda wrote:
has anyone tried either SKB or KGF serum from Skinactives?

I tried the KGF serum and after using the entire bottle I can't report any miracles. I do not have thinning hair, I am just trying to grow out a horrible hair cut! Although I did not notice any added thickness personally.
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:34 am      Reply with quote
annachan wrote:
catnip? Wow thats great! my cats may not want to share their catnip though!Laughing
I have powdered shredded and then the sticks...so its the same? a small amount then boiling water over and let sit?
anyone tried ojon? i have head it (their advertising though) increases the diameter of each hair?!
sounds like catnip does the same?

I saw Ojon on TV too! As I looked at the QVC website though, many of the reviews said Ojon oil is only as good as other oils (like jojoba or coconut) and for some other oils worked even better.

As Ojon is expensive I would try using other oils first to see what your hair likes. Ojon looks tempting but, then, what else are adverts supposed to do?

To use catnip add some of the dried and shredded plant to boiling water. You can use the stuff from pet shops. My cat is totally uninterested in boiled catnip, I don't know if yours would be the same. When I realised he wasn't bothered I could relax and not worry about him going mad crazy Laughing

Let it sit for an hour and pour it though your hair after shampooing and conditioning. I would add a splash of apple cider vinegar to it as well, but you don't have to. (I just love it on my hair.)

Don't rinse the catnip out! Leave it in and wrap your hair in a towel. Let it dry naturally if you can, otherwise blow dry in about an hour or so.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hello All,

one thing to add, trim the dead ends often, they will continue to split and split more if not clipped off. I used to have hair down to my thighs when younger, and always trimmed just a smige every month. All the other suggestions are fantastic! Trimming is really important to keep it nice and healthy.

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
massage your scale with ginger might help
kirstenanneke

Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I was visiting my Aunt last week, and assumed (i know what happens when you assume...) she'd have conditioner...she didn't, so the times I showered I used only Tea Tree Tingle shampoo from Trader Joe's . . . no conditioner. My hair was PERFECT all week! Like...in the best condition of it's life. (I dried and straightened it as if I'd conditioned.)
What's up with that?! Thoughts? Very Happy

When I grow up, I want to remember that I always wanted to be about a thousand different things & one lifetime didn't seem nearly enough. When I grow up, I hope it's at the very end when it doesn't matter anymore anyway / StoryPeople
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:06 am      Reply with quote
my husband try to put coconut oil and he said it's work.

5% products discount

Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Kat ~<3 wrote:
keziah wrote:
this might be helpful :

... Never brush wet hair. This will guarantee breakage. Use a good pick or your fingers to untangles your hair as you dry it. Hair should be at least 90-95% dry before brushing it.

This is so TRUE. I've tested this idea and it works for sure. I began blow drying my hair because it doesn't dry over night because of the humidity. I am currently deployed in Iraq and am a member of the ARMY so i have to wear my hair up everyday! Needless to say a lot of damage is done. Anything to minimize this is taken seriously on my behalf. I've noticed my hair has much less breakage now that I don't comb through it wet or put it up while wet anymore. Trust me it's worth the shot anyhow. But really you'll see for yourself. Wink

Now I do really wanna try that because it seems to work in real case. Thanks for your sharing!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:37 am      Reply with quote
kirstenanneke wrote:
I was visiting my Aunt last week, and assumed (i know what happens when you assume...) she'd have conditioner...she didn't, so the times I showered I used only Tea Tree Tingle shampoo from Trader Joe's . . . no conditioner. My hair was PERFECT all week! Like...in the best condition of it's life. (I dried and straightened it as if I'd conditioned.)
What's up with that?! Thoughts? Very Happy

That's my favorite shampoo as well! And I've tried about a dozen different natural shampoos. The Trader Joe's tea tingle shampoo is really just the Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo. And yes, I don't even need conditioner with it. It's really great!

5% products discount

Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Massage your hair with coconut oil at least twice a week. This will help to reduce the hair fall and gives long and healthy hair.
devidsmith

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
Thanks for sharing this great topic for discussion.thanks for this unique information.Keep It continue.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Have you looked into LED light therapy to help with hair growth or Light Laser Therapy? I own an Anti-Aging Light Stim and was using it on the face and about three weeks into usage a few hairs popped up where there had never been hair before.

I now use it to increase the health of my hair and would definitely recommend it for hair growth.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |