Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:49 am      Reply with quote
HI pinkpanther - Chiming in here. I use my HF wand after applying Potenshaa oil but any similar face oil would likely work (Marula, Baobob, even Jojoba would likely be ok. Tonya Zavasta uses her SeaBuckthorn cream before her HF device. Maybe using this type of product would help you.

5% products discount

Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
In layman's terms, the "100-120 V, 60 Hz" refers to the amount of power you put into the device. Basically, it tells you which outlets you can plug your device into. Fortunately, like most everyday household appliances, you can plug the device into any standard outlet in the U.S.A. (but not in outlets in other countries).

So no, it has nothing to do with the potential of the machine. For that, you want to know the frequency (probably something like > 100,000 Hz) and the power (in Watts or milliWatts) that the device OUTPUTS. The frequency tells you "how fast" (how fast the electrical current in the device is oscillating) and the power tells you "how much" (how strong or how intense the energy given off by the device is).

The description you posted above does not tell you either the frequency or power of the device, so it's on the vague side.

Hope this helps Smile

Thanks cm! That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure I was reading it correctly. Maybe I'll stick with Palacia or Jellen Pro HF machine...although Jellen's return policy is pointless...30 day return window, only if the box is unopened. I get that it has to do with hygiene, but still.
havana8

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
pinkpanther wrote:
Thanks Ava for the reply!!

I have since reduced to once a day. I dont usually put any topical and just run the device right after cleansing. And then my skincare after. I did once run it after putting my skincare just to see what the difference is.

The problem is there is really not any instructions. How high should I set the frequency to? I did try different settings so does it mean the higher the frequency the dryer the skin will become?

Thanks again, it is disappointing everyone loves this device but for me, my skin looks worse than before i started using it. So I really appreciate any suggestion what i might be doing wrong.

I tend to agree with Ava that perhaps it is simply too much too soon.

Regarding your question about frequency, this is what they say here:
    The machine is effective at all intensity levels including the lowest setting. It is not necessary to use the highest power level to achieve maximum results. The key to the best results is treatment consistency. 5 to 10 minutes a day treatment will do the trick (depending on the size of the treated area). No conductive gels required. High frequency treatment can be drying your skin especially during the winter months. If the skin gets dry cut number of treatments to once every 2-3 days and use the quality moisturizer, cream or oil while doing the procedure.

and here on the Jellen site under "How much current will I feel?" on the FAQ's/Usage tab:
    High frequency is a low level oscillating current that can be very soothing, relaxing and revitalizing. A slight tingling or zapping will be felt during treatment. Facial sensitivity rates vary from individual to individual. You can lower or raise the intensity during treatment to suit your personal comfort level by turning the power dial on the unit up or down. This machine is effective even at the lowest intensity setting so it is not necessary to use an extremely high power level to achieve maximum benefits from treatment. For best results, the key is treatment consistency (i.e. using the system regularly according to the usage guidelines).

Here also are step-by-step usage instructions (same tab) that you might find helpful:

1. Thoroughly cleanse your skin and gently pat dry. The elimination of dead skin cells is the first step in any effective facial treatment program. To properly prepare the treatment area to take maximum advantage of high frequency application, we would recommend one of the following:

• Steaming for a few minutes using a quality Facial Steamer
• Cleansing with a gentle and effective Exfoliation Scrub
• Exfoliating using a quality Microdermabrasion Machine

2. Apply desired skin care product (it is recommended that those with acne-prone skin apply desired topical acne cream following high frequency application).

3. Plug the wand into power outlet and switch on.

4. Slowly turn the power control dial to the lowest intensity setting. The wand will now begin to quietly "hum" as it begins its high frequency wave action. When touched to the surface of the skin, the glass electrode, in combination with the high frequency current generated by the system, will produce a very safe, and subtle therapeutic neon-violet glow as well as purifying, enriched oxygen molecules with a likeness to the pleasant scent of fresh clean air (Tip: if you are unable to immediately see the violet glow, try standing in a darkened room and gently whisk the wand against your skin).

5. Maximize the effectiveness of your favorite skin care cream or serum by lightly sweeping the high frequency wand over your skin in a circular or zig-zag motion for about 2-5 minutes depending on area being treated.

6. Always use a very low intensity dial setting during the first few days of initial use. When you no longer feel the intensity of the high frequency current, continue to work at a slightly higher setting. Continue to increase the intensity setting with each treatment until you reach your personal comfort zone.

Hope that helps some and welcome to the forum, pinkpanther. wave
pinkpanther

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Havanna and sister sweets.

Havanna thanks for all the details, i was so lost and your post has definitely helped.

yes it is winter weather here, i did use it on highest freq a couple of times, and may be more than once a day so i hope that is what was wrong. i havent touched it for 2 days now so maybe i will start using it again tomorrow.

so do you girls always use it with skin care already applied? looks like that might be the suggested way?

also i had and still have a big pimple and the head hasnt showed but the acne spot was very swollen you can see the white underneath the skin. is it too late to treat with the device? i tried but it didnt really do much.

One more question, does the device help with treating acne scarring?

Thanks again for any help!!
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have not seen any improvements resulting from this device for acne scarring.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
I have not seen any improvements resulting from this device for acne scarring.

I wouldn't think the HF would work on scarring, but it will help the active acne to heal a little faster.

For scarring, I'd look into skin needling along with CPs (for older scars). Newer scars could be helped w/ CPs alone.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
i do have super cop 2x. you think its safe to apply the super cop 2x and then run the device?

what is skin needling by the way?
pinkpanther

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Correction, i have the trireduction.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
snowtopia wrote:
Hi everyone,

Have been poring through this thread for a couple of days - so much great info! I found a HF device on ebay with the following tech specs, unfortunately I am a bit of a doofus at interperating it!
Can one of you "big kids" help me understand it? Very Happy

Specifications

At the output devise provides an electric signal in the form of pulse train with the following parameters:
pulse repetitionf requensy of 120+-10 Hz;
carrier frequency of 110+-50 kHz;
the amplitude value (8 kV, maximum) to the maximal one (from 16 to 25 kV)
The apparatus operates on mains of alternating current witha frequency of (60+-0.5) Hz and a voltage of 220 V
The root-men-square value of the current consumed by the apparatus on the mains does not exceed 1 A.
The settling time of the operating mode from the moment of swithing-on does not exceed 30 s.
Energizing of the device is accompanied by light indication.
The device provides continuous operation during 8 hours, maximum, witha subsequent interval of 30 min, minimum, in the repetitive short-term mode: operating time 20 min, pause 10 min.
Mass of the device together with the electrode is 0,85 kg.
Device overall dimensions:
oscillator body - 155*69*65 mm
transformer body - 170*50*50 mm

Quote:
I live in good ol' Oz so the 240 is good for me Do you understand all that Htz, Khtz stuff? It's making me feel very uneducated just lookin at it

The carrier frequency (110+-50 kHz) tells you have fast the current oscillates. 110 kHz is equivalent to 0.11 MHz. I thought I had read somewhere that most high frequency devices are in the range of 1-3 MHz, so if this is indeed the case, than this machine is slow.

The pulse repetition frequency (120 +- 10 Hz) tells you that the device emits about 120 pulses of oscillating current per second. I don't know the biological significance of this without doing more research.

The statement "the amplitude value (8 kV, maximum) to the maximal one (from 16 to 25 kV)" is a bit confusing to me. They appear to be quoting the voltage (which effectively indicates the strength of the current), but they say 8 kV maximum to the maximal and then quote even higher numbers, which is confusing! Volts is an direct way to indicate strength or power, which is going to make it hard to compare this against other machines that tell you the actual power (in Watts) or intensity (Watts/cm^2). But this number in kiloVolts seems so high as to be just wrong. For example, it takes about 25 kiloVolts to power a high-speed train. So in sum, I'm suspicious of this device based on the specs...something seems amiss in that the carrier frequency seems to be lower than other devices, but the voltage seems to be so ridiculously high as to be wrong.

Let me know if you figure out more.

HTH Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
pinkpanther- read the copper peptide as well as the dermarolling thread. Your answers are in there regarding acne scarring. PM me if you are still stuck, I successfully eliminated 90% of my acne scars with that method.

Foxe is 100% correct, it keeps the skin clear so more acne lesions do not form and potentially scar.

Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
pinkpanther- read the copper peptide as well as the dermarolling thread. Your answers are in there regarding acne scarring. PM me if you are still stuck, I successfully eliminated 90% of my acne scars with that method.

Foxe is 100% correct, it keeps the skin clear so more acne lesions do not form and potentially scar.

Thanks Ava! I actually have a roller myself just cant bring myself to use it often. Thanks again for the info!
Gruby

Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have read a lot about the machines and since I have some pimples, blemishes, scars, and blackheads, I decided to purchase one of these machines to make my life more comfortable. I read mostly all the posts about how they work and how to use them. However there is one thing I could use professional advice on, is which of the machines will have the best effect? Here is what I found on amazon. it has 200k cycles per second and has a variation of attachments. What do you think or suggest? Since I am a new member I am unable to post and external link to the product. But please look at it if you can, it is listed on amazon's website, it is Professional Grade Portable High Frequency D'arsonval Facial Device for $139 bux. The exact model number is Item model number: KD4050... Thank you.
lynnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I've read pages & pages of HF info from all of you and other sites & had to get on the bandwagon (Derma Wand) - I am amazed at the quick results - lower bags are improving, my n/ls are better, more even skin tone - this is after 3 days!

Tried it on my daughter's huge wart which we've tried everything - freezing etc. and after 2 sessions, it is already shrinking!

I'm hopeful that it will work for the back cyst too.

The area I really need help with is my upper eyelid sagging - I know surgery is the best option, but not ready for that yet - I have quite loose skin there so I'm having trouble w/the DW suggested exercises - I tried keeping the area taute and doing it, but I don't want to create more skin - anybody have the same issues and/or ideas?

Thanks!!

born 1964, some raw & live foods - medium complexion - sinking eye area yet manage to still have bags, loose, sagging upper eyelids, 11s not as bad as my N/L & M/L, microneedling .5 & 1mm, led, massage, Vit C, A, CP very occasionally, HA, EES, DMAE, MATRIXYL
emom

Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I am just wondering if there is any on ebay with high oscillation rate perhaps at the 200,000 and if darkmoon HF indeed 200,000
Gruby

Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure I emailed a few sellers from ebay one of which did not know what I was asking about when referenced osculation rate. The other right away answered yes it does and it cost $40bux, which I did not believe so I bough one from amazon NEW SPA, came in very nice box 2 separate boxes it cost me with shipping $154 and came with 7 different electrodes feels good and solid, first day using it so far it was good. We will see if I get results.!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
emom wrote:
I am just wondering if there is any on ebay with high oscillation rate perhaps at the 200,000 and if darkmoon HF indeed 200,000

The seller I purchased from was not on ebay, he sells a minimum of 5 but the price was incredible even with shipping. These he purchases direct from the manufacturer and sells to spas and salons, as a side he sells online. It was advertised as 200,000 output. It is very sturdy and packs quite a wallop so I am inclined to believe it has the high oscillation rate we were looking for. I did email him directly prior to purchase to verify the specs. I am taking it on faith and my usage it is what was claimed.

HTH Smile

Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I have been researching the different types of high frequency machines that are out there, and ended up here! I hope some of you can help me with my questions Smile

I recently found a beauty supplier that is selling a high frequency machine that looks exactly like the Palacia and the Jellen, for only $160 (compared to Palacia-$212, Jellen-$240). However, the manufacturer for this HF machine is Beauty Beauty USA.

I found the HF machine at Brighton Beauty Supply, and browsed under Beauty Beauty USA products. (I would list the website directly on here, but I can't since I am a new member Sad)

Unfortunately, there are no tech specs on the website and the customer service agent couldn't provide me with the oscillation rate. But looking more closely and comparing it to the pictures of the Palacia HF, they look identical. As a matter of fact, I think the manufacturer for Palacia is Beauty Beauty USA (at least looking at the images, please correct me if I am wrong!).

So I was wondering if anyone had purchased the HF machine from Brighton Beauty Supply. Or if you think that the one I found is actually legitimate. Maybe some of you Palacia HF machine owners can help me out and let me know if your machines are actually manufactured by Beauty Beauty. Because $160 is a nice deal, but I don't want to risk paying for an imitation machine that doesn't have the same tech specs as the Palacia or Jellen. And input will help! Thanks in advance!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi tjkp85 - and welcome! Very Happy

I have the Palacia device and it is manufactured in Taiwan. All the HF devices that I have come across seem to be either made in Taiwan, China or Russia. The Beauty Beauty one certainly looks identical to the Palacia (although they all look fairly similar). It's probably manufactured somewhere other than the US under the Beauty Beauty USA brand-name.

I would purchase it if I were you, I'm sure it will be fine. Have you checked Brighton Beauty Supply's return policy - just in case you're unhappy with it?

Tue May 08, 2012 1:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the great info in this thread!
Looking to get a HF and stumbled on a site that has 3 different machines including one that has ultrasound and HF.
I'm a new user so can't post the link but they are on the beautymachine<dot>net website under the High Frequency tab on the left.
The first 3 are the ones I was curious about...
I know they are not compact like the Jellen and Palacia ones but that doesn't really bother me.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
mak_

Tue May 08, 2012 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
^^^ pls ignore that post, think I am going to go with the same unit DarkMoon purchased.

For anyone in Australia, Salon Quip are selling a model that looks exactly like the Jellen and Palacia ones, however they call it a KT-3500 instead of UC-3500. Their unit is AUD$219 and its in Oz voltage which is a bonus so no transformer is needed.

On a side note, does anyone think this could help with ingrown eyebrow hairs? My sister has nearly lost half of one of her eyebrows from repeated ingrown hairs that swell and cause pustles.

Thanks!
pineapple
5% products discount

Sat May 26, 2012 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I found this one on ebay uk.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230767996391&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

It looks like the one Darkmoon bought. The seller has some different ones but only knows the cycles of this one, which is supposedly 200,000. No idea why they don't know all of them given it seems the model code is theirs rather than a manufacturer one. I asked about replacement wands and the seller only gave themselves as a source and only said they "could" fit (they're intended for a different model) Confused .
So a bit unsure at the moment, but like a lady on here said (please forgive me, no time to go back through the thread to find your name) it's a cheap way of testing the waters.
Any thoughts or advice about this one from those of you with experience would be appreciated.
Thanks.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 7:23 am      Reply with quote
pineapple wrote:
I found this one on ebay uk.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230767996391&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123

It looks like the one Darkmoon bought. The seller has some different ones but only knows the cycles of this one, which is supposedly 200,000. No idea why they don't know all of them given it seems the model code is theirs rather than a manufacturer one. I asked about replacement wands and the seller only gave themselves as a source and only said they "could" fit (they're intended for a different model) Confused .
So a bit unsure at the moment, but like a lady on here said (please forgive me, no time to go back through the thread to find your name) it's a cheap way of testing the waters.
Any thoughts or advice about this one from those of you with experience would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I did post the size of the base of the electrodes somewhere back on here, I have had it for ages now and have not needed to find any electrode replacements, none have broken!

5% products discount

Sat May 26, 2012 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks DarkMoon. If I remember correctly they were 11.5cm (I have been backwards and forwards through this long thread!!). I didn't think to ask the seller that, but I'm unsure they know that much even though they are trying to be helpful. Made me smile when they told me the first device I asked about they said they didnt know the cycles but had another one at 200,000 then didn't bother to tell me which one it was!
Reckon it's a good place to start then. Although I won't be using it on my face just yet as I "experimented" with changing something in my skin care and have ended up with a sore face that I don't know what to do with as now it seems anything aggravates it Crying or Very sad So much for trying to keep things totally natural. Off to buy some aloe vera gel now.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 7:49 am      Reply with quote
pineapple wrote:
Thanks DarkMoon. If I remember correctly they were 11.5cm (I have been backwards and forwards through this long thread!!). I didn't think to ask the seller that, but I'm unsure they know that much even though they are trying to be helpful. Made me smile when they told me the first device I asked about they said they didnt know the cycles but had another one at 200,000 then didn't bother to tell me which one it was!
Reckon it's a good place to start then. Although I won't be using it on my face just yet as I "experimented" with changing something in my skin care and have ended up with a sore face that I don't know what to do with as now it seems anything aggravates it Crying or Very sad So much for trying to keep things totally natural. Off to buy some aloe vera gel now.

That was the size that was in my head but did not want to say for sure without looking in my spec. sheet. I do know they are also different as far as the bottom being either flat or rounded!

Sorry you had a bad reaction to your skin care!
Hope it is better soon! Smile

I will get my sheet out and double check on the exact specs. of the electrodes!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2012 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I recently bought my HF machine at LCL beauty for $39.77 (on sale). The customer service is great (the glass comb broke during shipping and they sent another one out Fedex immediately). There are different models (and prices) available, but wow, for under $40 I was pleasantly surprised!

http://lclbeauty.com/proddetail.php?prod=PRO-4053

"This handheld portable high frequency facial machine is professional grade and perfect for home or spa use. Glass electrodes filled with Violet Argon Neon Gas are gentle and perfect for oily or combination skin.

The tesla pulse sends sinusoidal currents with a frequency range of 60,000-200,000 hertz to sterilize and oxygenate the skin while increasing circulation. High frequency machines also aid in cell metabolism and generate a warming effect on the skin. This machine's antiseptic effect kills bacteria to eliminate and speed healing of blemishes."

5 Glass Electrodes: Violet Argon Gas Glass Electrodes include:

Mushroom Electrode for broad treatment areas such as the forehead.
Bar Electrode Multi-purpose electrode useful for decolletage or larger areas
Spoon Electrode for targetted sensitive areas such as dark circles/bags beneath eyes.
Sparker (Zapper) Electrode for precise sparking and sterilization of pimples.
Rake/Comb Electrode to stimulate scalp circulation to encourage new hair growth
Storage Case Dimensions: 12.75" x 8.25" x 2.25"

Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |