Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: DDF Advanced Eye Firming Concentrate
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Got a sample and after using it a week, I think I have finally found my HG of eye creams! Love, love, love it and just ordered the full-size from EDS. It hydrates, firms and gives a wonderful glow! It is a bit on the pricier side, but a little seems to go a long way. I have been trying eye cream samples for months so I knew instantly it was a keeper.
DDF-Doctor's Dermatologic Formula
Advanced Eye Firming Concentrate
What it is:
An instantly effective antiaging eye treatment.

What it is formulated to do:
DDF Advanced Eye Firming Concentrate offers natural age-fighting power—courtesy of the breakthrough Turmeric Complex with glycerin and caffeine. From the very first application, this hydrating complex lifts and tightens the skin and reduces puffiness and wrinkles to restore a smooth, youthful eye contour.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for sharing. What are the ingredients?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
I found a sample size on Amazon and am excited to try it. Thank you for your review.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Here you go!
All I know is that it doesn't clog, slip, over-grease or cause milia on everyone that I know that uses it. It came highly recommended to me, but I am always a sample gal first! That's why I went to Sephora for a sample and then ordered here from EDS once I had given it a twice a day for a week trial run. Usually, I know within a day if I am going to have a problem. Check it out on the EDS DDF site as well.
WATER, GLYCERIN, NIACINAMIDE, ISOHEXADECANE, DIMETHICONE, ISOPROPYL ISOSTEARATE, CAFFEINE, PANTHENOL, CURCUMA LONGA (TURMERIC) ROOT EXTRACT, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PROPIONATE, PALMITOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-4, ACETYL HEXAPEPTIDE-8, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM PCA, BETAINE, SORBITOL, GLYCINE, ALANINE, PROLINE, SERINE, THREONINE, ARGININE, LYSINE, GLUTAMIC ACID, STEARYL ALCOHOL, POLYACRYLAMIDE, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, PETROLATUM, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, BENZYL ALCOHOL, DIMETHICONOL, PEG 100 STEARATE, DMDM HYDANTOIN, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, LAURETH-7, ALLANTOIN, DISODIUM EDTA, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, IODOPROPYNYL BUTYLCARBAMATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, SILICA.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, DDF seem to get pretty good reviews in general. I am always on the lookout for a good eyecream, they are very hard to find!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
And to be fair, I should add that I do need extra hydration. The average eye cream generally doesn't have enough for me, so this is perfect but may be a bit greasier (?) for some. In that case you just use a lighter touch.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:38 am      Reply with quote
So to follow up, got my full sized order in from EDS (they are always so fast!) yesterday and tried it on the hubby, such a good sport. He has the hereditory bags under the eyes but doesn't normally do anything about it. Put it on him and got the instant lift and glow. He was AMAZED! I got in some other eye samples with my order (as EDS is always so kind to include) and will try them as well. But this is my number one after trying SO many in the past 30 years of searching for my HG! Bobbie Brown had a good one that worked for me but didn't smooth and give the glow. This one, I watch the lines flatten and smooth right before my eyes almost!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Annie, I've been using the sample size DDF that I received from a seller from Amazon for almost a week now (very disappointed because the tube was only about 1/4 full). I did not notice the results you are talking about though. In face, my crepey eyelids look even more crepey. Crying or Very sad I hope to see some improvement soon like you have.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:15 am      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh! I feel like such a schmuck. I was using the wrong cream on my eyes all this time. I absentmindedly put the DDF cream next to a primer of the same shape and color and was using the primer instead of the DDF cream. Embarassed No wonder I wasn't noticing anything.

And I also sent an long apology message to the sweet woman who sold me this sample. I had sent off and angry message to her earlier today accusing her of selling me a used product. Ugh! I felt like an idiot when I realize the mistake I made. Sad

I tell ya, Annie, if this product does indeed do what you say it does, I will definitely be buying from this seller again in the future.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Ha, oh my! Well mistakes do happen! That was very big of you to own up to it to her, I am sure that she appreciated that and understood.
I was VERY surprised when you said they looked MORE crepey, so I am glad to hear what happened. I have had a lot of samples that have done just that, so I know that feeling.
To me, when something is this pricey, it better work! So to order a full size of the product you KNOW I loved it!
To some, it might be a bit on the heavier side, but that is where the hydration comes in for me. But I can put my concealer over it just fine without it being too heavy and I am not having makeup smudges from eyeliner or mascara, which says it is just right.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Well, even though it was late when I realized my mistake, I knew I would not be able to sleep last night until I sent that woman an apology email. And, yes, she was very understanding of the mishap. Whew!

I will keep you updated in a week or so with any progress (fingers crossed) I get with the DDF. Smile
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Sandooch, how did you get a sample from Amazon? I'd like to try it since I do like DDF. I used their sunscreen and cleanser before. It was pretty awesome. Weeehhhh
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR, do you feel that it's good for bags under the eyes, or is it for dark circles? Is it good for firming and fine lines, too?
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I just checked on Amazon, and I don't see any more samples available. Sorry about that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Found a .14 oz sample on ebay for $5 plus $2 shipping. Very Happy
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Natalyn wrote:
Found a .14 oz sample on ebay for $5 plus $2 shipping. Very Happy

I just bought the last one at that price. Other sellers are charging much more like $10 for the same size.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
That is awesome! Good find.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:48 am      Reply with quote
It is good for firming and to tighten the undereye are. I do not have dark circles so I don't really know how it would work on that. The hubby has under eye bags and I did try it on his and it did help. But his are pretty pronounced so it is hard to find anything that COMPLETELY gets rid of those!
Sephora has free samples if there is one near you, that is where I got mine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Annie, I can't remember if I told you this or not (well, it's in my siggy, so you may have read it there), but I decided to do a test using the DDF eye cream on my right eye and bareMinerals eye cream on my left eye (also claims to reduce crepiness and lift lids). I've been doing this test for 2 1/2 weeks, so I don't see much difference in reduced crepiness yet. I'll keep you informed on the results after I've been using both for about 8 weeks. Should be interesting though. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR, thanks for the advice on sephora. I could have saved $ by getting my sample from there. Oh well, it's ok. I already ordered on ebay. I should get it some time next week. The sample is 0.14 oz, so that's 28% of the full size, so I should be able to tell once I finish the sample if the full size is for me.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Annie. This product may definitely be one I want to try. I think my eye area is the worst for me in terms of aging and I haven't found anything that really works. At this point, I've been contemplating filler in the under eye area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:10 am      Reply with quote
The instructions for this are confusing me somewhat as they say to: "Apply to skin with a massaging action. Rinse off with warm water."

Doesn't rinsing it off make it less effective? I can't imagine it being hydrating at all either, which would be a major concern for me - although I'd be happy to put some eye cream over the top.

Just wanted to check are you all rinsing it off or leaving it on, please?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:27 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
The instructions for this are confusing me somewhat as they say to: "Apply to skin with a massaging action. Rinse off with warm water."

Doesn't rinsing it off make it less effective? I can't imagine it being hydrating at all either, which would be a major concern for me - although I'd be happy to put some eye cream over the top.

Just wanted to check are you all rinsing it off or leaving it on, please?

majorb, that is confusing Sephora's information has the following:

Suggested usage,
-Gently massage with fingertips under and over eye contour area.
-May be used day and night with or without makeup.

Precautions,

-For external use only.
-Do not use on irritated or broken skin.
-Stop use and ask a physician if rash, irritation, or sensitivity develops and lasts.
-Do not get product into the eyes; if contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
-Keep out of reach of children.
-In case of accidental ingestion, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
-For children under six months of age, consult with doctor prior to use.

Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:18 am      Reply with quote
I have never rinsed it off, just patting it on and it soaks in. It is very hydrating that way.
I might try rinsing it off, but that certainly seems odd. I didn't even read that!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:22 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I have never rinsed it off, just patting it on and it soaks in. It is very hydrating that way.
I might try rinsing it off, but that certainly seems odd. I didn't even read that!

I see that as the recommendation on EDS store, really odd?

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |