Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Clarisonic vs Olay Professional Pro-X
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Besides the huge difference in price, what, if anything, do you feel is the difference between these two facial exfoliating/cleansing tools?

Clarisonic

Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

I have the Olay one and love it. My face feels really clean after useing it. But I'd like to hear from others who have tried both products.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:36 am      Reply with quote
They are completely different. The Clarisonic does not spin it vibrates and the Olay spins.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:27 am      Reply with quote
How does this differ in cleaning your skin? Do you have one or the other or have tried both?

And thank you for your reply; I was beginning to think no one on here use one of these. Razz
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I like to compair the Olay one to the $2.99 spin brush tooth brush vs the sonic care tooth brush. Both clean teeth but the sonic one is amazing and the cheap one is ehhh.

Save your $40 and get the good one!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks LauraLizzie. But I already have the $40 one. Good comparison though!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:17 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Olay one and it wasn't that great. It was slightly irritating as it only spun in one direction, which pulls the skin a bit. As well, since it only spins in one direction, you have to move the brush in a certain way or the brush would fly off your face if you're not careful. The Clarisonic seems to be a much better option as it actually helps vibrate dirt out of your skin rather than just scrubbing like the Olay one
damianne
5% products discount

Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
i have the pretika, which is a sonic knock off of the clarisonic..it vibrates/doesn't spin, which is really the tecnology you want, and what your paying for with a clarisonic..that being said i also saw nutrasonic at bed bath and beyond for 50 bucks... It uses the sonic technology as well. I also saw the pretika, which is much firmer and has more bristles than the nutrasonic at my local t.j.max in the beauty department..it was on sale for 30. I would definitely go for a sonic brush, but having a spin brush is prolly still much better than just using your hands. i just bought a lightstim and dermawand, so i have to wait for my beloved clarisonic, the holy grail of cleansing gadgets!
WinterChea
5% products discount

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the Olay but the Clarisonic is amazing. It really cleans out the dirt out of your pores. I say either get an electric toothbrush or just get the Clarisonic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
There are some sonic cleansing brushes out there for far less.....

http://www.soap.com/p/nutra-sonic-travel-facial-cleansing-system-lavender-212736?site=CI&utm_source=CSE&utm_medium=CPC_S&utm_campaign=Google&utm_content=pla&ci_sku=ZQE-4113&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}

Nutra Sonic Travel Facial Cleansing System, Lavender $75

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=368355&catid=182285&aid=338666&aparam=368355

Pretika Sonic Pulse Facial Brush $80 or 60$ at
Walmart.com

http://www.walmart.com/ip/SonicDermabrasion-Facial-Brush/10902719

Sonic Dermabrasion Facial Cleansing Brush system Online
$36.50
List Price: $45.99You Save: $9.49 (21%)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of the Olay brush, it really helps give the skin a smooth feeling, but it cant be good for everyday use. I think it's worth the $50.00 wouldn't pay more for it than that though but that's coming from someone that started off with using an electric children's tooth brush Razz

Actually rather than purchasing expensive cleansers that are going to go down the drain why not invest in an electric facial brush weather it be Olay or Clarasonic and use with a cheap cleanser free of sulphates? That way your getting that deep down clean that even some of the most expensive cleansers cannot deliver.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your replies. I don't use my Olay brush daily or, like echo mentioned, my skin tends to get irritated. Maybe when this one konks out I'll invest in a more expenisive brand that vibrates instead of spins.
VeronicaM
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
WinterChea wrote:
I haven't tried the Olay but the Clarisonic is amazing. It really cleans out the dirt out of your pores. I say either get an electric toothbrush or just get the Clarisonic

So, do you really use an electric toothbrush on your face?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |