Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Nia 24 Rapid Depigmentation Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am a big fan of Nia 24 products due to their ability to protect and repair the skin barrier, though I personally don't know if their patented Pro-Niacin molecule is really any better that other niacin products.

They recently came out with a Rapid Depigmentation Serum and a Depigmentation Spot Repair Pen. I am currently trying the Serum, and will be adding the Pen at a later date.

Quote:
Nia 24 Rapid Depigmentation Serum

What it is: A concentrated serum with clinical strength Pro-Niacin that diminishes the appearance of spots and discolorations.

How it works: To even skin tone and reduce hyperpigmentation, Pro-Niacin and tyrosinase inhibitors, Vitamin C and Hexylresorcinol help to normalize melanin in the skin to improve the appearance skin tone, texture and hyperpigmentation.

Results/Benefits: Visibly diminishes the appearance of dark spots and overall discoloration for a significant improvement in skin brightness, clarity and tone. After 12 weeks, see a 21% improvement in skin tone and a 23% improvement in radiance.

Key Ingredients: Vitamin C and Hexylresorcinol (brightens), Willowbark (exfoliates), Betaine (smoothes).

Usage: Use in the morning and at night. Apply 1-2 pumps on cleansed face. Avoid eye area.

Size: 30 mL/1 fl. oz.

Cost: $75

http://www.nia24.com/ecc/prd.cfm?id=20

While I use other Nia24 products for skin barrier protection and moisturization, I purchased this for an extra level of hyperpigmentation removal. Since I have only been using it a week, I can't really report on much lightening progress as of yet.

However, I can say that this is a very lightweight serum that just disappears into my skin, making it perfect to use under makeup or other actives.

I am using it 2x day with Retin A (2x a week), Nia24 Intensive Moisturizer, and the Nia24 eye cream.

I'll keep everyone updated on my progress!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
Results/Benefits: Visibly diminishes the appearance of dark spots and overall discoloration for a significant improvement in skin brightness, clarity and tone. After 12 weeks, see a 21% improvement in skin tone and a 23% improvement in radiance.

Geez, that really isn't much improvement for 12 weeks, is it? Shock

I guess I'll just hope that I am one of the lucky ones with "atypical results." Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Quote:

Geez, that really isn't much improvement for 12 weeks, is it? Shock

I guess I'll just hope that I am one of the lucky ones with "atypical results." Rolling Eyes

Laughing That's funny how you came back to mention that bethany. I actually just started using NIA 24 on the Poklioderma of Civatte on my chest. It seems to work well there - no irritation from the product (my decollete is very sensitive), but I haven't used it long enough to see a very noticeable difference yet.

It looks like you're using quite a few different NIA products right now. Is that and the Retin A all you have?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Laughing That's funny how you came back to mention that bethany. I actually just started using NIA 24 on the Poklioderma of Civatte on my chest. It seems to work well there - no irritation from the product (my decollete is very sensitive), but I haven't used it long enough to see a very noticeable difference yet.

It looks like you're using quite a few different NIA products right now. Is that and the Retin A all you have?

Yep...that's it for me! Though after a couple of months I may switch over to Vivite for 6 weeks (as recommended by Dr. Yarosh) instead of the Retin A, but I will continue to use the Nia 24.

Wait...I do use one other product. I will sometimes layer SkinActives ELS on top of the Nia 24. It really seems to help minimize the peeling from the Retin A, and moisturize in a way that the Nia 24 does not.

Which product are you using on your chest? They make the 2.5% for the chest area, but I seem to be fine with the 5% Intensive cream

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the Skin Stengthening Complex - it doesn't say the % of NIA in it.

I also recently started using Key's Soap Solar RX SS (20% ZnO). With that % of ZnO, it's giving my decollete the level of protection it should have had all these years. I actually started using the Keys before the NIA and that by itself started to get rid of a lot of discoloration.

Sun is the devil to anyone who has P of C, but so are a few other factors. A derm had told me years ago to avoid the sun(there) and to use zinc SS. I hadn't found a SS that worked as well as the Keys until now, though. I'm just hoping the NIA can offer a little more and am trying it out to see.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

The SSC has 5%, which is their highest strength in any one product. But you can layer them and get a cumulative %, which is why I added the new Serum despite the crappy stats!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:40 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

I also recently started using Key's Soap Solar RX SS (20% ZnO).

Foxe, tell me the texture, etc. for the Key's Solar RX SS, please!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:12 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
foxe wrote:

I also recently started using Key's Soap Solar RX SS (20% ZnO).

Foxe, tell me the texture, etc. for the Key's Solar RX SS, please!

It leaves a smooth, silky layer on the skin- somewhat like a primer. Not noticeable to the eye, but it is a little bit to the feel. It's not a greasy or tacky feel, though. Considering that I'm just using it on my chest right now, I don't notice it much during the day.

It does takes a little extra 'oomph' to remove though, so I use my Clairsonic there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I received the Nia24 Depigmentation Spot Repair Pen yesterday....it has an odd "brush" which really looks like a tongue made out of soft, clear plastic with a tiny hole in it for the product to exit.

Oddly, they suggest applying a Nia24 moisturizer and THEN the pen? I would have thought it would be the other way around. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

It leaves a smooth, silky layer on the skin- somewhat like a primer. Not noticeable to the eye, but it is a little bit to the feel. It's not a greasy or tacky feel, though. Considering that I'm just using it on my chest right now, I don't notice it much during the day.

It does takes a little extra 'oomph' to remove though, so I use my Clairsonic there.

Thank you, Foxe!
Arielle_BorealicB
5% products discount

Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reviews & thoughts!

I am considering trying Nia24 against mild rosacea. Does anyone have experience with it for this purpose?

Thanks!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle_BorealicB wrote:
Thanks for the reviews & thoughts!

I am considering trying Nia24 against mild rosacea. Does anyone have experience with it for this purpose?

Thanks!

Arielle, I do not but wanted to suggest that you request product samples from their website...I did and got them very quickly.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle,

I did a Google search for you, and here are some links to a variety of forums discussing Nia24 and rosacea.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Nia24+rosacea&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=

While it is off topic, I did want to mention that I horribly overdid the Retin A and my face looked like a lobster earlier this week. I had ordered some Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Concentrate (the strong version you use for 21 days every 3 to 4 months to repair your skin barrier) that arrived this week, and used it last night....my face was 50% less red within 15 minutes of applying it. Shock Needless to say, I was surprised by this but very pleased. So you may want to check into the regular Advanced Night Repair as well as an option.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany,

Thanks!

I'm sorry to hear about the lobster effect - I find Avène's 'Skin Recovery Cream - Calming Formula' very effective as well when dealing with irritated skin. (am a big fan of their products in general)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Had to put my Depigmentation test on hold for the moment...I overdid the Retin A, and my face has been too irritated to use the product. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Had to put my Depigmentation test on hold for the moment...I overdid the Retin A, and my face has been too irritated to use the product. Sad

Decided that I am going to continue to use the Pen on the worst spots, and am also going to try the AnteAGE product over the next few weeks. Then I'll add the Depigmentation product back in.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
foxe wrote:

The SSC has 5%, which is their highest strength in any one product. But you can layer them and get a cumulative %, which is why I added the new Serum despite the crappy stats!

Hi,

I came here looking for reviews from Nia24 users, so thanks for posting.

My understanding from reading the FAQ on their site is that there is no cumulative effect from layering. Please correct me if I'm wrong Smile

I tried a sample of the SSC and am thinking of buying the full-size. Anyone have good results from the SSC?

Thanks,
Montrealgal
lucretia_zen
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:11 am      Reply with quote
HI, I've been using the NIA24 Skin Strengthening Complex for about 18 months consistently now. Just thought I'd add that as much as I enjoy the consistency of this product (not too greasy) and the way my skin feels after I apply it (like velvet!!), it has done nothing to assist with any hyper-pigmentation on my face or my chest.
I personally don't consider I have much hyper-pigmentation issues on my face, but have the odd sun/age spot which I was hoping NIA24 would even out for me. Unfortunately this hasn't happened.
My chest wasn't much of a problem, but I was using Glytone Body Lotion and must not have put on enough sun protection after use- although I consider myself pretty rigorous?? - and after not too long ended up with definite permanent dark spots on my chest Brick wall So frustrating. I immediately stopped using that and have being trying to repair the damage ever since to no avail Sad

Female, 37, brunette, Fair/medium Skin. European background. Combination skin, that becomes sensitive & reactive when emotionaly & physically stressed & also reacts terribly to heat and wind. Plant your own garden, decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to send you flowers. Smile
lucretia_zen
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:21 am      Reply with quote
Oh and I also wanted to say that I started using the NIA24 Intensive Recovery Complex and love it!!! I originally thought this product - looking very rich and heavy in any images I saw of it - would be too rich for my face and just sit on top of it in a greasy mess. However, due to a mix up in my order from a skincare company I ended up with the Intensive Recovery Complex instead of the Skin Strengthening Cream that I ordered. When I was low on my SSC, I decided what the hey, I'll give it a go. I honestly expected it to break me out, but was pleasantly surprised at how beautifully it soaked into my skin. No greasy residue, no breakouts, just a lovely velvety moisturised, soft feel to my face, neck and chest.

Quote:
I received the Nia24 Depigmentation Spot Repair Pen yesterday....it has an odd "brush" which really looks like a tongue made out of soft, clear plastic with a tiny hole in it for the product to exit.

I also wanted to ask Bethany do you think the Depigmentation Spot Repair Pen may be of use to the spots on my chest I mentioned in my above post?

Female, 37, brunette, Fair/medium Skin. European background. Combination skin, that becomes sensitive & reactive when emotionaly & physically stressed & also reacts terribly to heat and wind. Plant your own garden, decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to send you flowers. Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:31 am      Reply with quote
lucretia_zen wrote:
Quote:

I also wanted to ask Bethany do you think the Depigmentation Spot Repair Pen may be of use to the spots on my chest I mentioned in my above post?

It might, but only if they are very small and there are a limited number, because the pen doesn't contain much product. Niacin is the top active as well as Vit C, so if you are already using Nia24 regularly, I don't know how more benefit you will really get.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Had to put my Depigmentation test on hold for the moment...I overdid the Retin A, and my face has been too irritated to use the product.

How did you 'overdo' the Retin A?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
bethany wrote:
Had to put my Depigmentation test on hold for the moment...I overdid the Retin A, and my face has been too irritated to use the product.

How did you 'overdo' the Retin A?

I went from 1 day a week to 3, and ended up with histamine bumps all over my chest and a red lobster face. Both required cprtisone to reduce the itching.

I decided not to use the Nia24 until the redness was 100% gone...I am close, but not quite 100% yet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I am throwing in the towel on the Nia24 Depigmentation test. Sad

I am a big fan of the Nia24 line in general, but every time I try to use the Rapid Depigmentation Serum I flush and turn into Ms. Tomato Face, and it lasts for HOURS. I have tried it once every week or 2 since getting it, and have the same result every time. So I'll just stick to my occasional usage of the Nia24 Intensive Recovery Complex and call it a day.

FYI for those considering the product....I do have very fair skin, so not everyone may experience the flushed, fire face that I do. YMMV!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
My decollete got extremely red the first time or two that I used the Skin Strengthening Complex on it. That has passed and it no longer gets red.

I have liked using the NIA on my chest. It seems to have helped it a bit. I'm not sure it is a big enough help to reorder. My chest is handling the summer sun pretty well, though, so I may have to reconsider. I might just try to go without it in the sun a few times to see what happens.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |